As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That's the [Anthem], y'all got to play me. Get your gun, suit up!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ha there is an event going on right now. I wondered why I ran across some ugly mofo titans out there in the world!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Looks like it launched a bit early on PC here in the states?

It seemed to launch an hour early I was able to log in at 10pm cst last night. Interestingly enough at least in the trial and fort tarsis areas it was running glass smooth 60fps for me on my pc.

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Nvidia just put out new drivers for Anthem's release

Thanks for the heads up, downloading now. Any word on if they make a difference with some of the performance issues people have been seeing with the new patch?

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Do masterwork components also have challenges associated with them? I know the masterwork weapons do, which is what allows you to craft them, and I would really like to do the same with the other items.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I am still enjoying the loop, it is frustrating at time though when you lose a chunk of life but aren't sure where that damage came from. Even as a Colossus you gotta keep moving, steamroll through that crowd of yard trash (though they arent as trashy is GM1) and always be comboing.

Oh for new players, skip normal just jump over to Hard once you get a couple pieces of gear. You will be playing in groups 99% of the time and Hard isnt that hard

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    The review is actually pretty fair. They praise the core game loop, and lament that that's basically all that's finished

This one's a harsh sentence for a looter shooter
    "Anthem's loot is so shallow it could've just been a skill tree."
    https://www.pcgamer.com/anthem-review/

I am curious if they tried the harder difficulties. Until you do the harder grandmaster modes there are like 6 masterworks available in the drop pool so it winds up looking pretty shallow until you get up to higher difficulty modes.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Pretty sure I am done with all the story content atm, will know for sure after I talk to a couple folks. Sitting at epic javelin with a 420 gear score. Doing GM1 but I could probably be running GM2. Want a few more Masterwork components first.

They really didn’t think through the crafting aspect of the game. I have a few weapons, launchers etc unlocked to craft up to epic rank, but I have no reason to since MW stuff has been dropping.

And the MW crafting isn’t tied to the previous ranks at all.

Consumables are the only things I have been crafting (use them they help a bunch)

Yeah itemization in general in this game is like...quarter baked at best. The fact that common/uncommon/rare/epic seems tied to pilot level instead of just being a quality/rarity drop, the number of useless modifiers on items, the fact that power level increases on items have a super boring impact on that item's effectiveness.

Also, they really need to set some better ranges on mod rolls. Got a really cool epic grenade launcher with...+1% grenade damage? Woo fucking hoo.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I mean even including all the masterworks the unique item loot pool is super shallow. The main difference in loot comes from the random properties that it rolls
    I had one item roll +75% physical damage. It had a gear icon next to it so I assume that means it just applies to the Ranger's missile type gears
    Gotta try that new driver this weekend. game suddenly became unplayable last night

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Anyone please let the rest know if this fixes the issues without having to do the reddit fixes.

It'd be good to spread the news if so.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I mean even including all the masterworks the unique item loot pool is super shallow. The main difference in loot comes from the random properties that it rolls
    I had one item roll +75% physical damage. It had a gear icon next to it so I assume that means it just applies to the Ranger's missile type gears
    Gotta try that new driver this weekend. game suddenly became unplayable last night

Yea I can craft 3 of my MW now, likely will reroll the cloudburst at some point but will collect a few more guns first before I start burning MW embers

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Honestly, the part that I've been thinking about is just that all equipment before "endgame" is super boring. In Diablo 3 you get legendary drops basically whenever. Yeah, sure, likely you won't be keeping your level 15 drop through endgame but it gives you a taste of what's to come. Anthem only hints at that with the preorder items, nothing a normal player would find in the game would even so much as give you a heads up that there's cool MWs in the game. It's like a weird oversight.

I mean now that I'm getting cool MWs and such it's like a totally different game with the potential for cool builds and I'm excited when I see another MW drop. When a Legendary drops? That'll be even more exciting! Up until then though? I can't really fault someone for calling the itemization super boring. Weapons and gear and such just get higher numbers, that's it.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so i started off in the Ranger cause an 'all rounder' class seemed like what i'd end up settling on anyway so why not get a feel for it early and work on gearing it up from the get go. unlocked my 2nd Javelin and decided to give the Storm a spin to see how different it is. only messed around in freeplay for a bit but am already thinking that Ranger may not be my default after all.

to really highlight to difference i'm at a part were i need to get 15 combos, amongst other things, to unlock something in order to progress. in a few hours worth of play in the Ranger, solo and with randos, i had racked up a whopping 3 combos. i got the other 12 in the Storm in around 20 minutes. and a fair bit of that time was spent looking for things to kill and stopping to gather resources. definitely looking forward to opening it up a bit more and seeing how things fare in a group. got me more curious about the other Javelins too.

• Options
    Big Dookie wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up, downloading now. Any word on if they make a difference with some of the performance issues people have been seeing with the new patch?

I grabbed new nvidia drivers a couple days ago and anthem was glass smooth at least in the tutorial areas and first initial mission which was all I had time for on a work night last night.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Don't seem to see a lot of talk about the Interceptor. Seems like it's weak link in the roster.

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    so i started off in the Ranger cause an 'all rounder' class seemed like what i'd end up settling on anyway so why not get a feel for it early and work on gearing it up from the get go. unlocked my 2nd Javelin and decided to give the Storm a spin to see how different it is. only messed around in freeplay for a bit but am already thinking that Ranger may not be my default after all.

to really highlight to difference i'm at a part were i need to get 15 combos, amongst other things, to unlock something in order to progress. in a few hours worth of play in the Ranger, solo and with randos, i had racked up a whopping 3 combos. i got the other 12 in the Storm in around 20 minutes. and a fair bit of that time was spent looking for things to kill and stopping to gather resources. definitely looking forward to opening it up a bit more and seeing how things fare in a group. got me more curious about the other Javelins too.

Storms are combo machines with big area primers and detonators. It's a lot easier to accidentially build for combos with a storm than a ranger. Rangers you have to plan out what you are taking a bit more if you want to setup and detonate your combos.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »

Storms are combo machines with big area primers and detonators. It's a lot easier to accidentially build for combos with a storm than a ranger. Rangers you have to plan out what you are taking a bit more if you want to setup and detonate your combos.

the problem with that is, i still don't know how to plan out a combo with a Ranger. i figured it out immediately in the Storm.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Rangers are basically the Soldier class in Mass Effect. They're guns first with a couple of detonators. Storms are basically just a caster heavy class. Like Turian Sentinal.

But seriously guys, the reason why loot is so boring is because they can't just give us the Anthem version of Mass Effect's Vangod right off the bat. Because that's all anyone would ever be playing all the time. Desyncs abound!

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Rangers are the only primer melee so that's a quick combo of hit - missile or whatever.

• Options
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Rangers are the only primer melee so that's a quick combo of hit - missile or whatever.

Yep their melee is their primer a lot of the time. But they do have other ones, like the inferno nade or ice nade.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Don't seem to see a lot of talk about the Interceptor. Seems like it's weak link in the roster.

Interceptor is a great javelin but melee is a bit weird. They are the ultimate in single target damage and can burn down/stun lock a good chunk of mobs until they are dead by constantly melee attacking them. Melee isnt so hot vs bosses though or titans and other larger enemies.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular

Yeah, I'm not sure why. I love playing mine and haven't felt a need to start gearing up the other jav's yet. Interceptors are incredibly fun and have just clicked with me more than the other classes. They are certainly not weak and with the right skills are just as much of a combo and multikill master as Storm or Colossus.

However, melee isn't great against bosses or certain enemies that can almost kill you in one or two melee hits. Come the end game that could be a real problem but while leveling and working my way through the story it's been great.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    PC Gamer gave it a 55. 'Worse' than Fallout76.

Did I get a different game?

That's ludicrous.

EDIT: Although, this is the first real shooter-looter I've played, and perhaps what I'm liking so much doesn't feel new or fresh to some PCGamer grognard...

The_Infidel on
  • Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    EDIT:oops

The_Infidel on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Just did my first mission with a group on hard. They kept going down and it was terrible.

Luckily I had Colossus to keep reviving them and we made it yay.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    They've done some server side fixes and have some upcoming client side fixes they're working on: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/atjevm/anthem_current_and_upcoming_changes_2222019/

No more dual Avenging Herald, heh.

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I've heard this said a lot but jesus i love the combat but anytime it makes me walk around a hub area at turtle speed for story purposes, which is a lot, a die a little inside.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Colossus also feels a lot better than it did in the demo.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »

Yeah, I'm not sure why. I love playing mine and haven't felt a need to start gearing up the other jav's yet. Interceptors are incredibly fun and have just clicked with me more than the other classes. They are certainly not weak and with the right skills are just as much of a combo and multikill master as Storm or Colossus.

However, melee isn't great against bosses or certain enemies that can almost kill you in one or two melee hits. Come the end game that could be a real problem but while leveling and working my way through the story it's been great.

Did they improve the vanguard charge from the demo? It felt real bad which made me very sad.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Anyone run into any of these statues with the brazier in front of them? I lit this one in freeplay and it stayed on the whole time. I wonder if there are several of them to lit around the map.
    dd1l3v2n4dbl.jpg
    97kurlyfn1un.jpg

I looked around for quite a while last night for more of these. I've found plenty of statues, naturally, but so far no others that I noticed had a brazier.
    An interesting note is that the brazier stayed lit between sessions. Sort of like those handful of lore chests, except I received nothing when lighting the brazier; no exp, lore, achievement progress, view camera, etc.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Qanamil wrote: »

Yep their melee is their primer a lot of the time. But they do have other ones, like the inferno nade or ice nade.

Ranger's best primer is far and away the acid darts. Their best detonator is probably the sticky grenade.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Shit I just had a mission kind of bug on me and now I don't have any story missions... shittttt

edit: Oh thank god logging out closing it and coming back in played a cut scene and now I'm back on story thank god.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Going through and adding people so if you are on Origin PC and get a friend request from NinjaFrizz, that is meeeee

• Options
    I feel like support abilities need to be improved a bit. Not only are most underpowered rn they're just kind of plain.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Anyone run into any of these statues with the brazier in front of them? I lit this one in freeplay and it stayed on the whole time. I wonder if there are several of them to lit around the map.
    dd1l3v2n4dbl.jpg
    97kurlyfn1un.jpg

I looked around for quite a while last night for more of these. I've found plenty of statues, naturally, but so far no others that I noticed had a brazier.
    An interesting note is that the brazier stayed lit between sessions. Sort of like those handful of lore chests, except I received nothing when lighting the brazier; no exp, lore, achievement progress, view camera, etc.

When we lit that, it took over the camera and gave us some music and a camera pan that rose up over his head to view the world beyond, it was cool af.

Sucks that you didn't have that trigger :(

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular

Did they improve the vanguard charge from the demo? It felt real bad which made me very sad.

Spark Dash? I haven't tried that one yet. Mostly sticking to Venom Bomb or Cryo Glaive and Detonating Strike. I'd probably swap out Detonating Strike for Wraith Strike in grouped content, but for solo stuff I like running two primers.

I did briefly try Wraith Strike and found it profoundly underwhelming.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    To the PC folks with NVIDIA cards, I guess they just launched a new driver with more optimization targeting Anthem.

One person on Reddit posted this after trying:
    Just tried these drivers..

Im running a 2080 MSI Trio non-oced , 32 gb of ram and a 8700k at 4.7ghz / 1440p at 144hz

My frame rates plummeted especially at the fort dipping to a low 45 fps

Joined a quickplay and in battle i got between 62-75 fps and it felt really jittery.

Between the last patch and this driver I dunno who is to blame

Just a heads up - might wanna hold off if your current performance is good or at least working somewhat okay.

Undead Monkey on
    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    dd1l3v2n4dbl.jpg
    97kurlyfn1un.jpg

When we lit that, it took over the camera and gave us some music and a camera pan that rose up over his head to view the world beyond, it was cool af.

Sucks that you didn't have that trigger :(

Aww really? What a bummer. Both because I didn't get it to trigger and because I thought it might be some cool thing where you'd unlock something if you lit all the braziers.

• Options
    Post Fortress of Dawn spoilers, like the quest immediately thereafter.

Damn it Owen you idiot! I knew it was going to happen, I sensed he'd do something dumb, but still DAMN IT OWEN! It is nice to have haluk back on my side though, that arc with him being mad at you felt "earned" and the redemption of it also earned. I dunno really liking how they are writing the arc.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular

Spark Dash? I haven't tried that one yet. Mostly sticking to Venom Bomb or Cryo Glaive and Detonating Strike. I'd probably swap out Detonating Strike for Wraith Strike in grouped content, but for solo stuff I like running two primers.

I did briefly try Wraith Strike and found it profoundly underwhelming.

I'd like Wraith Strike more if it was more unique and not a worse version of Plasma Star

what I think it'd be great for is if it carried your combo aura

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Post Fortress of Dawn spoilers, like the quest immediately thereafter.

Damn it Owen you idiot! I knew it was going to happen, I sensed he'd do something dumb, but still DAMN IT OWEN! It is nice to have haluk back on my side though, that arc with him being mad at you felt "earned" and the redemption of it also earned. I dunno really liking how they are writing the arc.

I think the writing is overall very good. Some of the story beats are maybe obvious but the characters all feel pretty well fleshed out and none of what happens feels contrived.

This discussion has been closed.