As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AvP: Retarded

123457»

• Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Preacher wrote: »

While I'm not a fan of that particular shooting style, I think it works well with BSG and Firefly. What I'd like even more would be an Alien film helmed by Joss Whedon. That would be incredibly spiffy.

Alien 4 was written by him, even with script changes he is partly responsible for the humalien.

He wrote a draft, and as I recall from his telling of the production there's only one line from his script that made it into the final film.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    What is this humalien you speak of?

I mean it sounds horrible but is there a video clip up somewhere? So I can witness the horror?

Are you sure you want that?

Because, you know, once you've watched it, you can't unwatch it.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    Something WittySomething Witty Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I...I'll do it...I'm ready.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

While I'm not a fan of that particular shooting style, I think it works well with BSG and Firefly. What I'd like even more would be an Alien film helmed by Joss Whedon. That would be incredibly spiffy.

Alien 4 was written by him, even with script changes he is partly responsible for the humalien.

He wrote a draft, and as I recall from his telling of the production there's only one line from his script that made it into the final film.

For some reason he had to have written more then 1 line to get a written by line for the movie. It's funny how he distances himself from the movie, since there is no real way of knowing who exactly wrote that god fucking awful movie.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

For some reason he had to have written more then 1 line to get a written by line for the movie. It's funny how he distances himself from the movie, since there is no real way of knowing who exactly wrote that god fucking awful movie.

You'd be surprised how things can work in the Entertainment Industry.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I also wouldn't be surprised if someone wrote a draft of a movie they thought was awesome until it got put into production and turned out like crap. I like Whedon, but the guy seems to scream studio interference like Cynthia Mckinney screams racism. At least David Goyer admits he wrote Hard Target, he just took out all the dialogue after Van Damme was selected as the lead.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I...I'll do it...I'm ready.

All righty.

Warning to those who haven't seen it yet, under no circumstances are you to look at this picture. This is for Something Witty only and not for your consumption. You have been warned.
    :x
    ar101.jpg
    D:

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I...is that supposed to be its brain in its stomach? Jesus H. Christ.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    FCD wrote: »

I TOLD YOU NOT TO LOOK AT IT!

Who knows quite frankly. It was created by a French conceptualist so it's probably whatever you wish it to be.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Looks more like vajayjay.

Couscous on
  • Options
    SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I gotta give credit to whoever designed that. It certainly does justice to H.R. Giger's work on the original Alien.

Sliver on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    MikeRyu wrote: »

Who knows quite frankly. It was created by a French conceptualist so it's probably whatever you wish it to be.

IT'S LIKE A CAR CRASH! YOU CAN'T LOOK AWAY FROM IT!! D:

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Once you have seen inside that spoiler, you can never be... whole again. [/Delenn]

And my god, was that the worst part of an already bad movie or what?

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

IT'S LIKE A CAR CRASH! YOU CAN'T LOOK AWAY FROM IT!! D:

That's nothing, you haven't seen it in action!

The one thing I wasn't thinking at the time was, "finally we are going to find out what it would be like if Ripley had fathered an alien/human hybrid with a queen that she had carried inside her, and then watch it mince around for fifteen minutes and then die."

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah it's gooey dripping ugly self in motion is horrible, it has large blinking eyes.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

That was X-Men

Bloods End on
  • Options
    thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    theprice wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    So what do Aliens eat? Beef? 'cause I don't recall seeing any Alien eat anything in the movies.

Aliens don't eat at all, at least not on camera and certainly not between escaping the host and achieving adulthood, a short but vaguely defined period of time during which no one is ever victimized but the creature is still able to increase dramatically in mass. As I see it the folks who made Alien knew that the face hugger/chest burster device would be really cool and novel but at the same time they wanted a big monster for the slasher stuff, so they decided that in the interest of not having the crew of the Nostromo searching through the ship for 6 months after the "birth" while noticing frequent food disapearances, they would simply give the alien a rapid growth cycle during which no traditional sustinence is required so they could get right to the killing. Maybe aliens can convert ambient energy directly to matter? Or they eat metals and other inorganic materials found in the ship? There's no information on this in any of the movies as far as I can remember and if I had to take a guess I'd say the film-makers probably didn't give too much thought to the science behind their monster anyway. Can anyone counter this with an explaination of alien metabolism from an interview with the creators? If there is a real explaination I'd be interested to hear it.

There was a planned but never filmed scene for the first movie in which the crew would discover shortly after Kane's demise that the larder had been raided and a large quantity of food consumed.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]