Options

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

• Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Maybe for quick faction farming?

I just stuck the emblem on my back and let things build through normal missions.

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I think that's the real struggle of the game, man. To look at everything for every level evar, or not. I mean, some days I hate myself for not fully exploring every map every time, all the stars and sculptures I'm prolly missing.

But like, imh-newbiebased-o, that's almost a metaphor for this game. You can always be leveling and working towards everything all the time (and prolly hate yourself) or make trade offs. I like leveling new frames and new weapons when doing small missions like dark sectors or chasing rd 1 for relics on certain nodes. But man oh man do I then hate when an assassin or the wolf shows up and I have absolutely no chance at it. Leveling new things also means I'm not doing 15-20 rds of anything.

I hate I'm leaving stuff off the table, but I try to make peace with it. If you try to do everything all the time, I feel you'll just be miserable and hate it. Is this the real Warframe endgame?!!?

Edit: but also, to the point. I do try to occasionally do ALL the map here and there. I usually sync it with Derelict Sabotage/Vault runs (when I truly feel masochistic) or just Sabotage runs in general, so I'm making the most of my time and not getting my hopes too far up. But all syndicate all the time? no. I do try to run my syndicate missions with loot finder and thief's wit tho, so I get a good chance at the nearby stuff.

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I saw someone complaining that the Nightwave goal to do 10 syndicate missions was populating their missions with people rushing to finish rather than looking for all the seeds.

Is that a thing people actually do? Go exploring the entire level in detail looking for seeds? I pick them up if I stumble across them but some are so well hidden it doesn't feel worth it. And I can't imagine complaining about something you get 9 missions per day which refresh every day and can also do solo if it's a concern. I almost never run into another person in a syndicate mission as it is.

Yes, people in Syndicate missions frequently search out the 8 seeds/medallions/whatevers since it is a quick source of standing that is not capped by your daily limit. You can solo it, for sure, but if you get in a mission with like minded people it goes much quicker and has a better chance of finding all the items in a short period of time.

Having said that, people who do want to hunt seeds are usually polite about asking anyone else in the mission if they're just trying to complete as fast as possible or if they want to help look and go with the flow either way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    In the vein of what papagander was saying I'm usually not rushed, but I'm in a mad dash to get to MR 14 so I can try and get Gram Prime. That means lots of leveling frames and weapons as efficiently as possible. I think Wukong is almost out of the oven and Titania and Inaros are about to go in tonight.

Of course at the same time I'm running Chains of Harrow to try and get to the last few story missions so I can some Umbral mods. And working on the Nightwave stuff too (natch).

To continue my ramble I was pretty firmly on team hell-to-the-no for this weeks stuff, but now I've actually got most of it done.

I'm blatantly ignoring Buried Debts though.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I saw someone complaining that the Nightwave goal to do 10 syndicate missions was populating their missions with people rushing to finish rather than looking for all the seeds.

Is that a thing people actually do? Go exploring the entire level in detail looking for seeds? I pick them up if I stumble across them but some are so well hidden it doesn't feel worth it. And I can't imagine complaining about something you get 9 missions per day which refresh every day and can also do solo if it's a concern. I almost never run into another person in a syndicate mission as it is.

It is. It's why I go solo mode for that one.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

It's a thing. Given that the insignias give 500/1000/5000 you can get between 4000 and 10000 extra rep by finding them.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options

It's a thing. Given that the insignias give 500/1000/5000 you can get between 4000 and 10000 extra rep by finding them.

At a high enough MR it stops being something I care about. My daily cap is over 20k and if I level anything I'll hit it easy. I have little to spend rep on beyond trade bait anyways.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

Yes, people in Syndicate missions frequently search out the 8 seeds/medallions/whatevers since it is a quick source of standing that is not capped by your daily limit. You can solo it, for sure, but if you get in a mission with like minded people it goes much quicker and has a better chance of finding all the items in a short period of time.

Having said that, people who do want to hunt seeds are usually polite about asking anyone else in the mission if they're just trying to complete as fast as possible or if they want to help look and go with the flow either way.

Occasionally you do get someone joining a Defense or Interception syndicate mission that doesn't get that syndicate medallions only spawn on 1 or 2 of those maps and gets a bit pissy about no medallions being left for him before leaving. But that situation resolves itself pretty quickly.

Related to that, I pretty much just only do Defense and Interception syndicate missions for the weekly because I don't have to wait for people to scour the map to leave.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    I'm only at 10k rep a day, and at tier two on several reps with SM at t3. I usually get all 10k rep without touching syndicate mission in normal play and then I can do the missions for more advancement. But I'm also lacking in some of the rank up requirements, and then we're not talking POE/Vallis reps. Its dizzying how much there is to talk about in game and we're only talking about reps right now. I could turn in some dozen of those medals/doodads for more rep (that I find without trying), but its kind of pointless unless I trade or relic farm for the rank up items. Which takes me away temporarily from the syndicate focus. and oh, I need to go farm POE/Vallis resources or bounties because those are on their own table (I almost wish I had a glyph for them so I could do their rep while doing other things too..)

All that said, I totally understand farming for the rep specifically. There's SO much content and levels of entry in this game, I assume at any dozen moments someone somewhere is doing something that sounds crazy to me now, but will be totally sensible when I'm at that level of the game where I've unlocked frame mods and need 1m rep or something to get everything I want for all my frames. Or, you know. Like next tuesday when we get Equinox and I want to dump millions of rep in relic packs to try and start farming the new prime parts or something.

TLDR this game drives me crazy unless I just allow myself to sit back and do what I enjoy atm. But man oh man, at times I've felt like making excel lists so I can track what available things there are to do that might be fun but might also give me progress.

XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Papagander wrote: »
    But man oh man, at times I've felt like making excel lists so I can track what available things there are to do that might be fun but might also give me progress.

Oh yeah I found this and started using it a long time ago:

49SsVJq.png

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Part of me rejoices at seeing that, and a part of me dies inside. :P

XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    My friends and I built a huge spreadsheet workbook just for Prime tracking, and it was great when we were all still chasing most of them.

Warframe's True Midgame: Spreadsheet Hero

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    G'ah, now I can't unsee it. Tabs for frames, primary, secondary, relics, vehicles, companions, maybe a pivot table for frames/relic drops?! STOP

XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    Part of me rejoices at seeing that, and a part of me dies inside. :P

Here it is, and it's pretty out of date, but you can add your own rows for more stuff. Mostly I was so tired of trying to think "wait, did I already master that or not?" and having to check the list over and over again.

I had also added the Have BP/Built/Mastered drop downs on my own copy of the sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x5JxhoNtIR3K04ZavM1ufKp2AcBVuNt_UfGg27MBRBE/edit#gid=304107431

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    It's pretty good about saying if you already mastered something in the foundry, market, etc. displays.

• Options
    I'm not nearly as organized as that...but I get crazy hand written lists.

Especially for weapon comparisons.

• Options
    I have taken a few phone notes during work about where I need to farm frames. Chroma's been sitting on my todo list for a while and I just havent bothered farming the frame components yet.

XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    I just go off my equipment list in the Profile screen, but a list like that would have been handy to know exactly which weapons are buyable with credits, which are from clan research, which are anniversary only and so on.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

It is. It's why I go solo mode for that one.

Surprised people don't solo those other than for defense and interception.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    At Mastery level 9 leveling up Latron for Mastery and then discover that the weapon I can craft it into won't be available to me until I reach mastery level 10, I wish I had checked that before taking Latron out of my foundry. Luckily I have some space in my weapon inventory so that I can hold onto it for a bit but I am hoping that by the time Helios and Helios prime hit 30 I will have reached 10.

I still haven't made the effort to sell a bunch of the stuff I get from opening relics for Platinum so I really want to gain two more Nightwave levels so I get a Warframe slot.

• Options
    I'm not sure if she's actually a good frame for me, but so far Garuda is fun just for the animations. The artists really nailed those. Getting a synthesis target to stay still by impaling her on a conjured spike has been the highlight so far.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I just love the way Garuda looks and moves. Her stats/powers aren't bad either. She has good armor, her abilities gives her a good mix of defense, offense, health and energy regeneration.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
  • Options
    I just love the way Garuda looks and moves. Her stats/powers aren't bad either. She has good armor, her abilities gives her a good mix of defense, offense, health and energy regeneration.

The offense potential on her 1 is delightful

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Hm.

There's been a sudden influx of "I found the Wolf!" posts on Reddit lately, leading me to speculate that indeed, his apperance chance IS going up.

Be careful when leveling 'frames, y'all x_X

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    But man oh man, at times I've felt like making excel lists so I can track what available things there are to do that might be fun but might also give me progress.

Oh yeah I found this and started using it a long time ago:

49SsVJq.png

I have the Warframe app on my phone. Not as detailed, but if you look at the codex that has all the weapons/frames etc. it does show which ones you've mastered. No need for any manual input

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I know, but I used to have to go into the codex every time before any marketplace purchase, or crafting an item I got a BP drop/gift from, because maybe I already mastered it previously and just had an extra BP. I always have a laptop next to me playing some youtube video or something so it's super easy to pull up my list instead of having to dig through the codex.

I also put in notes like "used Orokin Catalyst + 1 Forma, do not sell."

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    novaspike wrote: »
    In the vein of what papagander was saying I'm usually not rushed, but I'm in a mad dash to get to MR 14 so I can try and get Gram Prime. That means lots of leveling frames and weapons as efficiently as possible. I think Wukong is almost out of the oven and Titania and Inaros are about to go in tonight.

Of course at the same time I'm running Chains of Harrow to try and get to the last few story missions so I can some Umbral mods. And working on the Nightwave stuff too (natch).

To continue my ramble I was pretty firmly on team hell-to-the-no for this weeks stuff, but now I've actually got most of it done.

I'm blatantly ignoring Buried Debts though.

Well, I'm not ignoring it as much as putting it on the back burner for a bit. I do know that eventually, I'll need to run some more fissures. If you're down and running fissures message me in game. Although TBT I sometimes don't see chat messages if I'm in a mission, so please have a little patience if you do message me.

And also, I do try and find every syndicate emblem so I run solo, and I leave the two guys they give me behind. Even in sabotage missions, I leave them at the start, search the level, collect all the things, then go back for them and let them bumble through helping me with the sabotage. They are NOT the sharpest tools in the shed so I feel like they drag me down. Why wouldn't I stack free standing that I can redeem later (and not have to do their damn missions if I don't feel like it).

On a related topic, I realized that there may be a 'truce' between factions and probably the reason they don't attack each other directly is tied to the fact that I haven't seen those guys (aka opposing/enemy factions) in any syndicate missions. The truce only extends to direct employees of the factions but not to third-party contractors (aka Tenno). My guess is that if they attacked a syndicate mission, and killed employees of the other factions it would basically mean they broke the treaty, But third party contractors are fair game.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Hm.

There's been a sudden influx of "I found the Wolf!" posts on Reddit lately, leading me to speculate that indeed, his apperance chance IS going up.

I ran some stuff with Inaros earlier, kitted out with my best weapons. Nothing.

Go into a mission with a melee only focus farm Equinox kitted out for sleeping stuff. Of course he spawns then. The fucker.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Hm.

Go into a mission with a melee only focus farm Equinox kitted out for sleeping stuff. Of course he spawns then. The fucker.

Yeah sometimes I wonder if he's tuned to spawn into missions where you haven't leveled stuff :| Because that's what ALWAYS happens to me. "Doop doop new frame! Let's go! OH DAMMIT."

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    I ran into Wolf again after equipping 1 new weapon and forma-ing 2 others (and my cat!).

Luckily he was level 8, the cat stripped hus armor and he died in like 5 min.

• Options
    Hm.

Yeah sometimes I wonder if he's tuned to spawn into missions where you haven't leveled stuff :| Because that's what ALWAYS happens to me. "Doop doop new frame! Let's go! OH DAMMIT."

I can say that he does not care what level you or your gear is as he popped in on me in Maroo's weekly when I was fully kitted out and he took about a dozen headshots from my 3 Forma Rubico Prime set up for hunting Eidolons before dropping a blue mod and disappearing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Heads up for people doing the anniversary alerts.

The Defense mission that gives the Excalibur Dex Skin is full of Nightwatch Corps. So bring Helios if you need their scans.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Heads up for people doing the anniversary alerts.

The Defense mission that gives the Excalibur Dex Skin is full of Nightwatch Corps. So bring Helios if you need their scans.

Luckily I failed that mission the first time I attempted it, so I had a chance to grab Helios for my second try.

Also, Hildryn's ult makes defending the target so, so easy. It also made getting scans easy

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Do you get extra slots with the anniversary alerts?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    How long are the anniversary alerts up for?

• Options

I think the main thing for me is that her passive benefiting from being lower on health is not a good match for how I play the game. I have enough trouble as is with frames that lack a defensive shield of some sort getting shot down in Sorties and the like to want to spend a lot of time making it easier. The shield from 1 helps of course but I'm quite skilled at getting shot or stabbed in the back.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Do you get extra slots with the anniversary alerts?
    Polaritie wrote: »
    How long are the anniversary alerts up for?

No idea on slots and 12 days I think.

• Options
    Wiki says they come with a slot and catalyst like pretty much all free weapons do.

This discussion has been closed.