As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Do you get extra slots with the anniversary alerts?

Yes. Even if you already have a full set of Dex weapons it is worth doing them just for the slots.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    Indeed, free slots :biggrin: .

Also, man, I must have run that second Profit Taker mission dozens of times since last week, trying to get those Repeller Systems for my last rank up with Vox Solaris. Today I finally realized, I could just buy them from Little Duck, then turn them in again. Talk about wasted time and effort.

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Been considering potatoing my regular Rhino, he's my superstar. But I'm slightly nervous Rhino Prime could be available beginning next week.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Papagander wrote: »
    Been considering potatoing my regular Rhino, he's my superstar. But I'm slightly nervous Rhino Prime could be available beginning next week.

I doubt it...? It's not been that long since he was last unvaulted has it?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Hi thread,

During the Christmas forum I stumbled into the Warframe thread and got some very useful advice that helped me to understand why I was sort of stalling out, progression-wise. In short, I didn't understand forma or its purpose. I think I've got a lot of that sort of figured out, and have been making some great progress in building a gun that shoots about 150% of the bullets its supposed to, and also hits with a startling number of elemental damage types.

So at this point I've used all my forma. What's...the correct way to get more?

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

Throw void relics at void fissures, forma blueprints will be in the drop table on many of them.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Papagander wrote: »

Rhino Prime was available in the dual unvaulting with Nyx back in July, so you'd definitely need to buy the parts or get lucky running relics. The rare part is the main blueprint. I know I've got chassis and neuroptics BPs laying around, and the system is a common drop from Neo B3 relics.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Rhino Prime is also running about 300 Platinum on the Market, so unless you deperately want him, putting a potato in regular Rhino is probably fine.

EDIT:

Hellbore on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Do you get extra slots with the anniversary alerts?

Yes. Even if you already have a full set of Dex weapons it is worth doing them just for the slots.

Yes, slots. That is definitely what I do with all of my free stuff. I am totally not a crazy person.
    7A8B788A194D9EBBF74D0AB8DBC0BF6195BDCD4F
    0A4ABE053EE18B611F38510E8E8CB332E6609F51
    9AA1A89766BB4CB79EAD961CBB091FCB5CB428EF
    67B376D44E9C05E6EBF8BAB7F3FDF1AEAB45820B

Also, for the anniversary rescue mission, I caught a glimpse of the prisoner and thought they looked a little odd. Got to extraction and realized they DEFINITELY looked off
    1B77233988C279F0CE706FF41F08BEA3A2EEB8C7

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Why do you have despairs?

Also I don't think I like you any more.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Why do you have despairs?

Also I don't think I like you any more.

I have Despairs because the fucking Stalker won't stop Hate, so I bought the Stalker bundle. I have 2 Dread BPs and 1 War BP, but not a one goddamn Hate.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hi thread,

During the Christmas forum I stumbled into the Warframe thread and got some very useful advice that helped me to understand why I was sort of stalling out, progression-wise. In short, I didn't understand forma or its purpose. I think I've got a lot of that sort of figured out, and have been making some great progress in building a gun that shoots about 150% of the bullets its supposed to, and also hits with a startling number of elemental damage types.

A lot of void relics have the blue print as a copper or silver reward, and that's probably the most common way of getting them.

The "music" puzzle in Lua has a chance of dropping a complete forma as a reward.

Nightwave has complete forma as a reward for one or two tiers, including a new "umbral" forma that creates an umbral polarity slot.

Sorties have a complete forma on the reward table, but considering everything else on that table it's a kinda meh reward to get.

Sometimes invasions will have a forma blueprint as a reward, however that's usually up against an orokin catalyst/reactor so also not recommended.

Daily login reward. That might only be on set days, I've only seen it once.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Hi thread,

Potatoes are MUCH MUCH MUCH more important than forma, which you may already know. Taters basically turn any gun into "more than enough", forma are for really putting the bow on that present full of murder.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    dporowski wrote: »
    Hi thread,

Potatoes are MUCH MUCH MUCH more important than forma, which you may already know. Taters basically turn any gun into "more than enough", forma are for really putting the bow on that present full of murder.

You know, I'm stating to think not really. True they have the most significant impact on individual items, but I really want forma more than catalysts/reactors. You can find one primary, secondary, melee and warframe that you love, catalyst them, and you never have to catalyst anything gain.

In the past couple months alone for me...between today's 3 weapons, the Opticor Vandal, Broken War, Broken Scepter, Zenistar from a login bonus...7 catalysts I haven't had to use, plus the Heat Sword and Vectis Prime I started with, plus 3 I used on favorite weapons. I'm sitting on 6 orokin catalysts I don't really care to use on anything right now.

I always need more forma, whether it's for crafting certain weapons or using 2-4 on any given thing to get the most out of it.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    My windshield! :(

QjF2u0X.jpg

Also I played one of the anniversary missions with a Warframe developer, so that was cool. He was slow getting to extraction.

mWk72Et.jpg

I had the most fun ever with Octavia in the defense anniversary mission. Small room you just stay in + absolutely massive ability radius (21m) + level 10-15 mission meant that I think I killed everything constantly. I didn't capture the mission results screen though so I can't be sure. But I basically didn't attack with a gun or melee ever? Didn't need to.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Are the anniversary missions worth using for farming? They seem to have pretty good drop rates on stuff.

• Options
    jothki wrote: »
    Are the anniversary missions worth using for farming? They seem to have pretty good drop rates on stuff.

I can see using some of them. The survival has tons of eximus enemies, for instance, which is a lot of xp.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »

I can see using some of them. The survival has tons of eximus enemies, for instance, which is a lot of xp.

Also good for the Eximus Elite Weekly

• Options
    That mission was insane, in spite of only being level 10-15 enemies.

I couldn't maintain any energy at all the whole time though. :x

• Options
    Oh yeah. I actually went spoiler mode for a while to bypass melee only on it. Good xp for that too, and they explode quickly.

Mesa would be a good choice, just ult down everything constantly, since exalteds don't cate about weapon restrictions. Hildryn too probably, depending how she interacts with energy drain effects.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Oh yeah. I actually went spoiler mode for a while to bypass melee only on it. Good xp for that too, and they explode quickly.

Mesa would be a good choice, just ult down everything constantly, since exalteds don't cate about weapon restrictions. Hildryn too probably, depending how she interacts with energy drain effects.

Hildryn's basically immune.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The mission to defend the grineer guy in the dark was super annoying. Apparently I can use safeguard to put warding halos on the dude. The first mission the guy just fell over dead suddenly and we failed, instead of allowing a revive T_T.

Then next try we had a limbo and things were going great until there was 3 waves left and the game bugged out and we couldn't continue. Then host left and I was by myself for three waves, with no hope of keeping the dude alive since the previously stated warding halo issue :(

It's not that things were even difficult to kill, it's that dumbass feels the need to rocket charge all the enemies on the map. I'll just have to bring something like octavia to it when I try it again tonight.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    The mission to defend the grineer guy in the dark was super annoying. Apparently I can use safeguard to put warding halos on the dude. The first mission the guy just fell over dead suddenly and we failed, instead of allowing a revive T_T.

Then next try we had a limbo and things were going great until there was 3 waves left and the game bugged out and we couldn't continue. Then host left and I was by myself for three waves, with no hope of keeping the dude alive since the previously stated warding halo issue :(

It's not that things were even difficult to kill, it's that dumbass feels the need to rocket charge all the enemies on the map. I'll just have to bring something like octavia to it when I try it again tonight.

I took Hildryn with a lot of range on that one and it made it pretty easy (after failing the first time) since I just hovered over the guy for most of the time and it cc'd anyone that tried to get close. Bonus being if the enemies stay suspended for 3 seconds they start dropping energy orbs. Any AOE frame like Equinox would do well in that mission since the guy likes to charge around and is quite squishy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »
    Saldonas wrote: »

I took Hildryn with a lot of range on that one and it made it pretty easy (after failing the first time) since I just hovered over the guy for most of the time and it cc'd anyone that tried to get close. Bonus being if the enemies stay suspended for 3 seconds they start dropping energy orbs. Any AOE frame like Equinox would do well in that mission since the guy likes to charge around and is quite squishy.

Yeah, I took in Oberon and his kit is great. 1 kills shit, 2 kills shit and blocks status, 3 heals the guy, 4 kills shit.

Screw not being able to see. I'll just use homing and giant aoes.

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    TY for advice on Rhino Prime. It had seemed like Rhino Prime was a frequent unlock on the list, but from the dates and the last unvaulting of RP I wasn't really expecting it to come again next week. There's just always that part of me suspicious the odds are out to get me lol. It'd be just my luck to see it unvaulted right after using a reactor on the base. I do have a ton of frames to level in the meantime, just also trying to look at how best to start tackling more later game stuff.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I think someone mentioned the next unvaulting would be Vauban and either Loki or Volt, I can't remember which. I was hoping for both Volt and Loki since those are the two prime frames I don't have yet, but either would be good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    I asked before, but how does one go about getting into the PC clan?

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    iguanacus wrote: »

Ingame name plz.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I feels like in the past 4 months or so DE has gone, "Oh so you wanted CONTENT huh? HERE'S YOUR CONTENT."

And I am buried beneath it.

• Options

Ingame name plz.

iguanacus, same as my forum handle

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

Ingame name plz.

iguanacus, same as my forum handle

I've sent you an invite.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Awesome, thank you

• Options
    Even being mostly at the tail end of content, I still have so much to do. I wanna keep grinding out stuff, but now I was gifted Sekiro and NeiR so I gotta try and make time to play through those. Oh and The Division 2, and maybe Anthem if they ever fix their shit.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I feels like in the past 4 months or so DE has gone, "Oh so you wanted CONTENT huh? HERE'S YOUR CONTENT."

It's actually a bit of a problem for me. Like, I kind of want to take a break and focus on Sekiro for a week or two, but with Nightwave and other timed events I'm afraid of falling behind and missing out on stuff if I take a week off, so there have been a couple of nights where I feel forced to play even if I don't really want to. Which is probably a recipe for burning out sooner or later.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Yeah, that GOTL defense mission was all kinds of bonkers/borked for me. It took me three runs to finish it. The fact that you have to defend a guy who has an obvious deathwish in the dark (I finally realized which tileset it was on the second run), with the traps, and the manics, and all the other crazies, coupled with some serious framerate and lag issues on top of it all made me almost quit Warframe altogether. After swearing up a storm for a few minutes and 'gently' putting down the controller I got it out of my system and tried again.

The first time the guy up and dies in the last few seconds of the last wave with me playing as Trinity Prime ... I have never felt so bad in my life. It was my JOB to keep that suicidal freak alive and I failed. Okay, let's try that again. But this time the game crashes with like three rounds to go ... NANI? One short getting it out of my systems later I made my last attempt. This time with six rounds left a manic glitches and somehow gains invincibility but also gets stuck on the environment. The wave can't end until ALL the enemies are dead ... and this guy was determined NOT TO DIE. My heart was in the gutter with the thought of having to start over. Thankfully the host decides that he was out and left. One short host migration later and we can finally kill the guy after wailing on him for like almost eight minutes and the wave ends.

But the wave counter doesn't change. It still says six waves remaining. Two more waves go by and still six waves remaining. Another two go by and still no change in the counter ... by now I'm starting to worry that the game is completely glitched and my last playthrough was wasted. What should have been the last wave had me shadowing this maniac all about the map (what with all the dashes/blitzes and running right into the mouth of danger ... homeboy had some issues) using EV and then blessing every few minutes seconds until we finally get the mission complete success window. I have NEVER felt more relieved in my life.

Of course, this was all capped off by the horrible HORRIBLE experience trying to run fissures with public groups that devolved into a series of crashes, stuttering, glitches, and just bad teams (one of them had a little kid at the beginning talking about how he was going to 'kill every enemy with his fishing spear' [in a fissure mission LULZ] then proceeding to ask what was a shock-prod, then it gets better when he asks what does the shock-prod does and where he can get electric/robot fish and why he needs a shock-prod to catch said robot fish. A kind gentleman with much more patience than me explains everything ... though you could clearly hear the frustration in his voice he maintained his composure. Warframe has the best community ... EVER) That mission did not go well and we lost the canister on the first fissure, then the game crashed.

TLDR ... Last Night? NOT fun times!

Edit: I almost forgot that Switch clan made their group debut in the Exploiter Orb game. It was fun but I don't think I was as effective as I could have been since I didn't know what was going on several times ... or what I was supposed to do ... exactly. I almost missed all the resources that dropped and ran away after the exploiter orb was defeated only to run back in and grab a few resources before being nuked to death. That was embarrassing ... next time I stay to grab loots then run away. All I heard was someone saying that we needed to get away from the explosion, then they also said to grab as much loot before she goes critical. By the time I realize that we needed to be grabbing loot the boss was already at half-mast and ready to blow. I just prayed that I had at least one revive left and that I could actually ... you know ... get the loot. THAT would have been way worse than just embarrassing (and frankly depressing) at getting my ass nuked.

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

It's actually a bit of a problem for me. Like, I kind of want to take a break and focus on Sekiro for a week or two, but with Nightwave and other timed events I'm afraid of falling behind and missing out on stuff if I take a week off, so there have been a couple of nights where I feel forced to play even if I don't really want to. Which is probably a recipe for burning out sooner or later.

Everything (relevant) comes back in some form. Absolutely everything. Don't worry about it, really. I've been playing this game since it launched on Xbox, and have missed I don't even know how much, but it's fine; everything comes back in some form, nothing is permanently missable except the odd emblem, spray, whatever. And even those sometimes come back.

There's always something to do, there's always a new thing, and if you need a break, just take one, because it'll all be there when you come back, and there'll be even more to do if you wanna, too. (Just put your pet in the freezer first. They'll thank you later.)

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I actually saw the Wolf today! Course, it happened while I was searching for sabotage caches as Ivara, so that could have gotten dicey, because nobody told me he comes with groupies and the grenades of those bastards actually hurt a significant amount.

Got the sledge handle, too.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Daimar wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned the next unvaulting would be Vauban and either Loki or Volt, I can't remember which. I was hoping for both Volt and Loki since those are the two prime frames I don't have yet, but either would be good.

Technically Volt Prime works differently than other frames. His relics are sold by Baro rather than Vaulted, so he's available 'more' reguarly than other Primes, and will be available at the Tennocon relay in July.

As for the next Unvaulting, my money is on Loki and Ash, for a unified stealth theme and Ash is the oldest Frame still not Unvaulted.

EDIT: FWIW, Warframe Wiki has money on Ash Prime, Vectis Prime and Carrier Prime

Hellbore on
  • Options
    Vectis and carrier wluld be nice Ash prime was a freebie last year at some point, so I'm set there (and rocking Ivara already for stealth).

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    I actually saw the Wolf today! Course, it happened while I was searching for sabotage caches as Ivara, so that could have gotten dicey, because nobody told me he comes with groupies and the grenades of those bastards actually hurt a significant amount.

Got the sledge handle, too.

He... didn't before. Good to know!

This discussion has been closed.