Options

[Alchemist Code] Yauras, we hardly knew ye

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I've been slacking on this a bit lately, some of the changes they've been making have really been bumming me out.

Also it's way too early for them to start talking about implementing enlightenment with the state of the game

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, I haven't really done much with this these past days.

I did get a bunch of red crystals, though. Problem is a lot of units in this game are kinda generic so I have trouble remembering them. I know I got like three Flamels, cause he looks neat, and a Priscilla, who I do remember because her model looks all sorts of cool.

EDIT: Not sure what to get for the 5* selector though. Honestly I think I'm okay on units, I just have fuck all to gear them with.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Most J+ are worth it, honestly. The only ones I've skipped so far are Megistos and Arkil, and Arkil has surprisingly good use in Arena (and any stage where enemies can be silenced).

It's a good week to slack, honestly; there isn't a whole lot of new stuff happening and you can, well, farm hats I suppose. I dumped a bunch of AP into Zeni today and also 2 days ago, putting me over 100m. The thing with Enlightenment is that it's mostly just grinding -- there isn't anything there that you can't do with grinding, and the OP units that are hard to max out now will still be hard to max out. Plenty of units get REALLY GOOD with Kaigan, though, like Zahar and Spica, which are farmable.

The thing that's more of a cash grab is Nensou, or "Mementos," which are an extra gear slot/gear item that bring with them a bunch of extra esoteric mechanics, but most importantly they stack with other gear and provide unit-specific bonuses. There are generic ones too, but there's some weird level-up mechanic to them as well. What's worse is that they are gacha-only.

Thankfully, they are optional and more min/max than strictly required.

Hey, we got POTK! Pro-tip -- they all are kind of meh.

|| Flickr β€” || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    SiracSirac Registered User regular
    I don't know what it is, but it sure feels like there are way more events running right now than normal. Maybe because they dropped three of them on us at the same time? (Do they normally do that with these three? Have they all come together like this in the past?)

Pulls were good over the holidays for new reds (although they're not all equally useful). Reido, Jin (with 1-2 dupes each, so they've both got a leg up on LB's), Albea, Rosa, Hugo, and Deneb. Rosa's probably the odd one out for usefulness to me - Deneb gives me a new support option and has a J+ coming this month (also her skin from the anniversary sale is amazing), and Hugo (and Albea, although she's probably more useful even on her own) mean I now have an eventual complete mix-and-match element set for Team XTREME RANGE (Roxanne plus three snipers). Still it's always nice to have more options, especially given my previous paucity of dark damage dealers.

Top end team also continues to expand! Caris and Lamia are both now part of the mastered JE/J+ club and have immediately made themselves useful - Caris (I still can't get over that name actually existing in something, I have literally used that as a name for some of my own female game characters for years) is Roxy's new best friend, and Lamia finally gives me some physical water damage to round out my water team. And Carol, Lofia and Flamel (...and Michael, I guess) all have their equipment ready to go once I finally get them built up enough.

Have had a few...dissonant moments, though, with some of the event/side stories I've gone through recently. I understand that the concept here is that basically the whole playable cast is dead other than the main protags - Brave Exvius does the same thing, although they've really gotten away from appearing to care about that. But holy crap, I do not need you to show me how all of them died, game. I don't need to be playing through a fun short story about a character making a new friend and going on silly adventures, and then have that story end with that character getting brutally murdered in an alley holy shit, game.

Really, though, it probably only struck me as a thing since it happened in like three events I did across, like, 2-3 weeks.

...but still. What the hell, GUMI.

• Options
    A lot of these are reruns, though, but yes it's a big glut of events. Three reruns, to be precise, including the recent summer one.

For vets, there are only two new events -- the EX stage for the gear for Longinus and Artemis, and the EX stage for BK Tyrfing. I've spent all my AP up until now on book farming. Done with that, since I now have 5 books (3 at 5*, then 1 4* and 1 3*), so today I'm probably just going to farm MP for coins or farm up enchanted job coins. Nothing too exciting.

Tomorrow these events will still be here, but we'll also have half-AP for SSM stuff for anyone who's put those off (will probably finally get Excalibur to 5-star) and give us a reason to run the new EX+ for Fallen Sun and the other stage. And, of course, the SSM hard shard farming.

I expect Deneb's J+ to be a pretty quick farm, since it seems that that's the trend lately -- do the milestones and you should have it mostly finished. I've been flexing Deneb in MP lately and she's still a pretty fun support unit :D.

• Options
    I've got some SSM gear to farm

They made Yauras's sword a fucking miserable grind, and I've been considering sharding her to 75 for her J+

• Options
    edited January 2019
    So,

1) The Dark Tyrfing banner is amazing trash. Six featured units?
    2) I got Dark Tyrfing anyway yay!
    3) Roxanne was, once again, the key to easily clearing a challenge mission. None of the enemies in the Dark Tyrfing EX2 have any Shot resist, so she was able to clean up and also apply Stun to Dark Tyrfing so that I could bully her. Managed to get all missions complete with a team of Roxanne, Chloe, Lofia, and Tyrfing.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I wish I had Roxanne. I feel like getting her would be better than my several month old account.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    Maddoc, try the EX+ (which has new milestones). The drops are much better for her gear, and you work towards the milestones (which includes some gems and also 5 gold keys, yay). I had already grinded out her gear from way back in the day, but doing the quest today I've done it 8 times and already have 80 shards again.

I too got Black Tyrfing on the banner, on the 500 pull no less. Sadly I don't want to pull any more since these units are just OK and the old ones I already have at 75 (with no plans to get them up to 85, yoiks!). At least she can still do her guts thing with just J1.

• Options
    If you don't have Roxanne and still want to clear her EX2, it's definitely doable

A few suggestions would be that Freed J+ and Spica Dragon Cav are very valuable here because of the lack of Pierce Resist on units, and they often position themselves such that a Grand Cross will be able to kill 3+ units. If you have neither of those but went through the trouble of getting Celliers to 85, he could also sub in in a pinch.

I have not tried Ryle, but I suspect he would be good also due to the aforementioned complete lack of Shot resist.

Chloe is extremely useful in this stage for a couple reasons. Aside from just being a very tanky healer, Stun is extremely important to being able to attack Dark Tyrfing without triggering her reaction ability. You'll need to Stun and then weaken Dark Tyrfing enough for Tyrfing to be able to kill her, since she needs to get the final kill. Having her gear for the MA is extremely valuable, if not you'll just have to be careful and kill her a bit more slowly.

Load up your items with all three levels of healing potions, Vitality Powder, and an event healing item if you have any. Item use is not restricted, and if you're careful and make sure to heal everyone when they take any big hits you should be able to get through without any deaths.

• Options
    Also Phantom of the Alchemist stage 5 is supposed to drop equipment diagrams for Dark Tyrfing and uuuuuh

Doesn't

So you'd need to clear her EX2 some 50-60 times currently to get her equipment

• Options
    So, huh, there's a mission in the challenge board to "beat the metal maiden" and I have no idea where that is? It's the only thing I'm missing in the sun god board.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The daily mission on top has it

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Man, wanted to farm more Battlefield Drama, but SSM HQ siphoned a lot of that AP

Thinking I might bring Yauras to lb75 now, have more than enough Water shards and my Othima and Noctis both already have their J3s

Also considering Black Tyrfing. I have 125 Light shards at the moment.

• Options
    So, how many of you were able to stay strong for these absurd GLEX/Magni Historia banners? Yowza!

• Options
    I had 20k gems but now I have Roxanne. 20k gems wasn't soloing EX+ stages though.
    I think I might spend the rest of my gems on the 5 step banners for coins for rox shards.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I went three step on the POTK banner to get Black Tyrfing, so I'll just be going one step for a little bit now

Too bad the unit pool on the guaranteed 5*+150 shards isn't better, not worth it for units that are all or will all be farmable

• Options
    In other news, the Light 5* ticket finally gave me Suzuka who I was immediately able to bring to lb20

Dark ticket was not so kind, still need Rosa to have every non-limited 5* up until Hugo

• Options
    People suck at Multiplayer so bad

I've taken to solo'ing multiplayer maps and it's less of a headache

• Options
    Whaling to get Roxanne months ago finally pays off

Not only are they nerfing Null Grenade, which is good for the overall health of the game while still leaving Roxanne as one of the strongest units, they're refunding all gems spent on banners where Roxanne was present.

• Options
    I am so lost at this update I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Man, these early memento banners are fucking terrible, huh?

2% 5* rate

• Options
    Wait, what the heck is this "enlighten" and "memento" stuff?

• Options
    Enlightenment is for units at level 85

You use additional character shards to increase their level cap up to 91, give stat boosts, and upgrade passive abilities and their leadership auras

Memento are basically another gear slot that essentially have Trust Mastery tied into them

• Options
    Yup yup. The biggest thing about this update is that we have a lot of things that don't really alter the game too much except in subtle ways, and won't be too important except on some units that you like to min max. And even then, the changes won't be significant unless you spend a lot of $$ right out the gate (which few will).

Mementos are just special gear. They stack with other gear and provide small boosts. They let you pay more attention to team building but now we only have 1 small group. As it grows, it will be more interesting. The idea is that if you put teams together that have similar origins (and even more if they have a connected story), they all get a boost. Usually it's not huge but it's still a nice boost.

Enlightenment just lets you keep leveling units above 85. If you then build those levels you can boost their passive abilities and so forth. In general it's not worth doing on most units unless you're, as above, rolling in resources.

• Options
    Apparently next week we're getting the batch of enlightenment and mementos that I really want

The Wratharis crew, aka Zahar and Spica and others

I didn't get Vettel's memento, but I've really got my fingers crossed for Zahar. Definitely planning on awakening him either way.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I mean, I barely even have any good normal gear. The whole thing is fairly impenetrable to me - there's gear, which can be enhanced, and then there's the alchemia bottle thingies, which apparently can be used to upgrade normal levelup equipment, which I assume is more stats? And upgrading gear requires silver or gold equipment shards, which seem about as common as uranium. Sometimes events give shards for specific equips, but they seem gated behind EX stages, most of which I'm pretty sure I can't actually do, much less set on autofarm for the couple hundred shards needed. This whole game is almost as full of subsystems as Warframe, but the wiki is significantly less helpful.

Talking about gear and equipment and stuff, is there a way to mass fuse stuff? Having to make capes one by one kinda saps my will to live.

I did toss an enlightenment at Chloe, both for the challenge thingy and because Chloe and Alphonse are the only people I've managed to get to 85, and Chloe is kind of significantly better than Alphonse out of the box. There's already been lots of stages where Chloe ends up being the last woman standing and managed to get the last hit in because she doesn't die.

Drascin on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I need to enlighten Chloe and Vettel so I can get that Sin

Too bad the current Valentine's event EX is such a slog, I don't think I'm gonna get to 3k coins for that sin, but I need two for Zahar

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Lots of good shit coming this month

Next chapter of SSM drops, which includes Othima J+

Lil Ouroboros trial

HQs for Leonaiz, Ravina, Noah, Zofia; all good to great units

Story chapters (and MAs) for Dorothea, Ramses, and Aswald

And then Sage and Magic Swordsman JEs; not for anybody particularly noteworthy yet though aside from maybe Dorothea just for MS subskill

• Options
    Really makes me sad that Othima's J+ still doesn't make it worth running Phantom Master as his main job for the most part

At least they put Absolute Zero on his subskill

• Options
    After getting absolutely pooped on with the 500 step, today I pulled the trigger on the 1500 memento step and got both Zahar and Spica's mementos

So happy right now, my Zahar is essentially "done" at this point (Outside of getting some ratty cards into this memento, anyway)

• Options
    That's awesome. This last week's memento summon was very nice to me, nabbing 4 reds off the 5-step (had saved the roxy refund gems). Including Mia's!

I'm liking these EXs as they have interesting mechanics. The LUCK based one for Tsukuyomi in particular is interesting since Luck is almost never used.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Oh fuck, this week's memento 500 gem gave me Mia's

Also last minute probably ill advised 1500 draw on the collab banner gave me the one unit I really wanted, Tsukuyomi

Everything is coming up Milhouse

EDIT: Oh god I need so many Wratharis flags

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Yeah, not a fun farm, that stage. I have an auto team set up that works with a Zahar merc: Envy, Chihaya, Mielikki, Zahar, with Noctis and Othima in reserve. If I snag an enlightened Dark Cav Zahar merc, it beats the stage -- of course, full auto means that sometimes the stage is won and there's no flags in the drops...

• Options
    I put my 4/5/3 Zahar up as my main friend duder, for what it's worth

Sadly I never did get Chihaya J+ done, so I can't replicate that exactly

• Options
    Oh, Tsukuyomi is good? I kinda landed both her and Fairily recently, but I have no idea if diviners are good.

• Options
    Drascin wrote: Β»
    Oh, Tsukuyomi is good? I kinda landed both her and Fairily recently, but I have no idea if diviners are good.

Diviners are a pretty strong job, yeah

She works well as a primarily supportive caster going Diviner main with Chrono sub, she also has some decent damaging abilities via Electric Lightning and her Weapon ability

And then finally she has an enlightenment-level leader skill for Dark mage parties

• Options
    Drascin wrote: Β»

Tsukuyomi is very good, but she's primarily a support unit. Diviners have two key skills that they're known for -- a LUCK based thunder AOE, which is often good since Luck is low on many units; and a Wind-based ST skill that scales on the unit's HP. The lower their HP is from their max HP, the more damage it does. A Diviner with about 2500 base HP, boosted with some sort of leader skill, can easily do 2-5k damage once they start getting hit. They usually start by using their Max Refresh which boosts HP by 50% (for the whole stage) so the skill can do damage right away, and is also low-key awesome since if you do it on a unit with some regen or healing, they are now running with a much larger HP pool.

Tsukuyomi is also strong because that kind of shenanigans is rare in Dark, AND she's the only Dark Chronomancer for quite some time. Running her at 65 or 70 will be just fine because she's the only way to get Quickens on an all-dark team.

• Options
    I see. Sadly I don't really have a dark team. My main team is light-focused, and I might have enough to do a wind team, but resources aren't there for more stuff.

• Options
    She's a good way to build up a dark team, though. Her and Mia are a good pair, and Mia's halloween event is rerunning so she's easy to build up in the scheme of things. With enlightenment she's SRS BSNS, doubly so with her memento.