As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

tell me a story

crwthcrwth THAT'S ITRegistered User regular
edited April 2019 in Social Entropy++
hey se++, one of the main reasons i remember joining this site was for the personal stories some people would tell sometimes (one that sticks out is some dude who had just finished jerkin off and then his dad busted in (i think he had to wipe with his blanket in a rush) and hopped under the same jizzy blanket, much to the dudes horror)

can you tell me a story? it can be funny, educational, sad, gross, etc but i only ask that the story you tell be true

here’s one for me:

a few months after i got married i still had to get my groomsmen their gifts. one of my friends had just gotten back in touch with his dad and they were gonna go up in the mountains somewhere and go camping. so i thought i’d get him a little wood cutting axe

so i go to home depot and i get that little ax but i notice there’s a sticker on it that i don’t want there when i give it to him, so i start picking at it and walk over to the trash can to throw it away. but it’s taking a bit longer than i thought, so i spend a decent amount of time picking at the side of this ax trying to get this sticker off

while i’m doing this a kid and his dad walk by and the kid says “dad stranger danger!” and i look at them and then look down at this ax i’m creepily picking at by this trash can

and the kids dad is like that’s right, stranger danger! and then he comes over to me and says “we just watched the john walsh documentary and i taught him about the importance of staying away from strangers” and i said we’ll thats a good lesson to teach

and then i kept picking at the sticker instead of leaving like anyone else would have

i’m glad i didn’t get forcefully removed by security

the end! now it’s your turn!

EzUAYcn.png
crwth on

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    one time I posted on a forum about a webcomic about video games

for 15 years

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Now, this is a story all about how
    My life got flipped-turned upside down
    And I'd like to take a minute
    Just sit right there
    I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air
    In west Philadelphia born and raised
    On the playground was where I spent most of my days
    Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
    And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
    When a couple of guys who were up to no good
    Started making trouble in my neighborhood
    I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
    She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    one time in high school i was pooping in the library bathroom which was unisex, and had a key

well, i guess there 2 keys because while i was in there some girl unlocked the door, but instead of walking right in and recognizing her terrible mistake, she was engaged in a conversation with someone out of frame

this conversation continued, with the door ajar, for at least 2 minutes, with people just walking by her in the hallway, clear view of what was going on within

for some reason, I did not interrupt any of this

she finally turned to me and I went "hey" in probably the coolest way anyone could under the circumstances

she said nothing, made only the slightest expression of surprise, and closed the door

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

for 15 years

cool but how’s it end

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

for 15 years

cool but how’s it end

in tears

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    hey se++, one of the main reasons i remember joining this site was for the personal stories some people would tell sometimes (one that sticks out is some dude who had just finished jerkin off and then his dad busted in (i think he had to wipe with his blanket in a rush) and hopped under the same jizzy blanket, much to the dudes horror)

can you tell me a story? it can be funny, educational, sad, gross, etc but i only ask that the story you tell be true

here’s one for me:

a few months after i got married i still had to get my groomsmen their gifts. one of my friends had just gotten back in touch with his dad and they were gonna go up in the mountains somewhere and go camping. so i thought i’d get him a little wood cutting axe

so i go to home depot and i get that little ax but i notice there’s a sticker on it that i don’t want there when i give it to him, so i start picking at it and walk over to the trash can to throw it away. but it’s taking a bit longer than i thought, so i spend a decent amount of time picking at the side of this ax trying to get this sticker off

while i’m doing this a kid and his dad walk by and the kid says “dad stranger danger!” and i look at them and then look down at this ax i’m creepily picking at by this trash can

and the kids dad is like that’s right, stranger danger! and then he comes over to me and says “we just watched the john walsh documentary and i taught him about the importance of staying away from strangers” and i said we’ll thats a good lesson to teach

and then i kept picking at the sticker instead of leaving like anyone else would have

i’m glad i didn’t get forcefully removed by security

the end! now it’s your turn!

You should have explained to the child that he is far more likely to be kidnapped or murdered by his own father than some stranger.

What's the dad gonna do, start arguing with a man holding an axe?

Total power move.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I got married with my fly down and didn't realize until I went to change out of my tuxedo later that night

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    should i tell a classic story or a new one

i got a few

also i am at work and can't tell most of them due to how lewd they are

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

for 15 years

cool but how’s it end

we've all got to die sometime

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I was on Nickelodeon Slime Time Live or whatever as a kid and I cried on it and they had to cut the cameras.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    One time I was driving through Atlanta at about 2am.

I'm drinking those little hugs (basically pure sugar water) because it's keeping me awake.

Inevitably I have to pee but I'm still in Atlanta and I want to get out of the city before I stop.

However, my bladder disagrees. I need to pee immediately.

So I exit at the next exit thinking I'll find a gas station...nope.

I'm surrounded by gigantic million dollar homes.

It doesn't matter though, I have to piss.

So that why I pissed in the yard of a gigantic million dollar home in Atlanta at 2am.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I walked into a McDonalds after St Patrick's Day and they tried to charge me almost 3 dollars for a cheeseburger

when they realized I wasn't drinking it was suddenly a dollar again

Xehalus on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    one time in high school i was pooping in the library bathroom which was unisex, and had a key

well, i guess there 2 keys because while i was in there some girl unlocked the door, but instead of walking right in and recognizing her terrible mistake, she was engaged in a conversation with someone out of frame

this conversation continued, with the door ajar, for at least 2 minutes, with people just walking by her in the hallway, clear view of what was going on within

for some reason, I did not interrupt any of this

she finally turned to me and I went "hey" in probably the coolest way anyone could under the circumstances

she said nothing, made only the slightest expression of surprise, and closed the door

did you give a nod?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    oh good it's time for the best thread

• Options
    like do i tell about the time i crashed a debutante ball

or the time i played final fantasy: crystal chronicles with the lead singer of cannibal corpse

or the ol lost my virginity in the back of an ice cream truck gem

or the time i took a date to a slum, bought a cassette deck from a crackhead, then peed on a library

or the time, on a horrible date, i coordinated a bunch of friends to show up all at once and converge, so i could just slink into the crowd and drift away

or the time i got sucker punched in a bus terminal

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I played trombone in marching band in high school and one time I fucked up a kid's mouth REAL BAD cuz he wasn't where he was supposed to be and instead was directly behind and to the left of me when we were ready to do an about face.

And it was BAD. Multiple dentist visits, due to the first one failing to notice that there were some shards of his teeth that had been embedded into his lip.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    KharnorKharnor Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Yes, tell all of those stories

Kharnor on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    my band teacher threw stuff around the classroom when we would drop notes

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    The bulk of my stories are school-based now, so they currently find their way into the job thread.

But I will ruminate on anything new.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    i'm just gonna throw out loglines until i hit on one i want to tell

like the time a lady pimp aggressively tried to get me to buy a t-shirt

or the time female ejaculation got me uninvited to a new kids on the block concert

or the time i rolled up to a wedding in cut offs and a 40 rack of keystone light

or that time i was crucified

or that time i went to a g.g. allin show at nine years old

or that time i let a stranger crash at my place and she ate pizza in the shower then ordered me taco bell

or that time i went to the cast party after the premier of the sequel to manos: the hands of fate

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

for 15 years

cool but how’s it end

we've all got to die sometime

The only reason people die, is because everyone does it. You all just go along with it.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I was with some friends on our way to Blockbuster Video to rent some movies.

I kept farting in the car and then I got that feeling...I needed to poop... right now.

I managed to hold it until we got to Blockbuster but then on my way in it happened...

I went to the counter and got the key for the bathroom and went inside.

Fortunately my boxers caught all of it so I rinsed them out and buried them in the trash and went around the rest of the day without underwear.

But nobody ever knew.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I'd have to think real hard about my own stories I haven't told on here already yet

But I could tell you guys about the first time my dad found a body

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    I need to tell a story that doesn't involve me losing control of my bladder and/or bowels...

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    like do i tell about the time i crashed a debutante ball

or the time i played final fantasy: crystal chronicles with the lead singer of cannibal corpse

or the ol lost my virginity in the back of an ice cream truck gem

or the time i took a date to a slum, bought a cassette deck from a crackhead, then peed on a library

or the time, on a horrible date, i coordinated a bunch of friends to show up all at once and converge, so i could just slink into the crowd and drift away

or the time i got sucker punched in a bus terminal
    i'm just gonna throw out loglines until i hit on one i want to tell

like the time a lady pimp aggressively tried to get me to buy a t-shirt

or the time female ejaculation got me uninvited to a new kids on the block concert

or the time i rolled up to a wedding in cut offs and a 40 rack of keystone light

or that time i was crucified

or that time i went to a g.g. allin show at nine years old

or that time i let a stranger crash at my place and she ate pizza in the shower then ordered me taco bell

or that time i went to the cast party after the premier of the sequel to manos: the hands of fate

yeah

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Recently, too, a bunch of friends got together and I learned how to play a few new games including Hail Hydra. It's this board game that's put together kind of like Doppelganger with hidden hydra agents that try to sabotage the Shield team as they work to try and defeat the villains.

Four games, four motherfucking games in a row, I was dead certain this one guy was Hydra. He would just continue to act in the shadiest manner possible. I called him out multiple times, lying about the cards he was playing, one time I was able to PROVE it with Daredevil's ability that lets me look at a card someone's played before they're all collected. "I got him, I got this motherfucker dead to rights" I thought.

Nope! NOT ONCE was he actually Hydra. Even the last game, when we actually were about to win if this asshole had just used his hero power, which everyone was yelling at him to do (Including the actual Hydra people because they kinda wanted to see Shield win for once!) and he just wouldn't. He was their MVP without ever being on their team.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I went to macchu picchu and got violently ill with a combination of altitude sickness, sun poisoning, and food poisoning

I then had to take a 3 hour train ride to cuzco

it wasn't great

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    The last time I was at PAX-South, I drank skim milk in the outdoor hot-tub that was full of dead leaves.

While leaving it I ran into some strangers I had briefly interacted with the previous year, and they invited me to drink a bottle of bourbon with them. So I returned to my room, cleaned up, and went back down to drink with some friendly strangers.

During our conversation I learn that they are the close friends of the guy who has repeatedly come in 2nd-place in the PAX-South Omegathon. After a few years of always be a bridesmaid though, he won. A few minutes go by and that Omegathon champion actually joins us and sit down. I congratulate him on his victory.

I then notice that he reminds me of someone. I can't quite place it though... A few more minutes go by and it comes to me.

"Hey, has anyone told you that you look just like the American version of Goku from Dragonball Evolution?"
    "what?"
    "It's just your hair. You have American Goku's hair."

He becomes incredibly frustrated, gets up, and leaves.

While leaving his friends shout, "Goodbye Goku!!!! See you in the morning, Son-Goku!"

I think I may have ruined his years-in-the-making victory in one comment.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    Why would being told you have Goku hair be a bad thing?

I'd have been honored.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Recently, too, a bunch of friends got together and I learned how to play a few new games including Hail Hydra. It's this board game that's put together kind of like Doppelganger with hidden hydra agents that try to sabotage the Shield team as they work to try and defeat the villains.

Four games, four motherfucking games in a row, I was dead certain this one guy was Hydra. He would just continue to act in the shadiest manner possible. I called him out multiple times, lying about the cards he was playing, one time I was able to PROVE it with Daredevil's ability that lets me look at a card someone's played before they're all collected. "I got him, I got this motherfucker dead to rights" I thought.

Nope! NOT ONCE was he actually Hydra. Even the last game, when we actually were about to win if this asshole had just used his hero power, which everyone was yelling at him to do (Including the actual Hydra people because they kinda wanted to see Shield win for once!) and he just wouldn't. He was their MVP without ever being on their team.

A true hero.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    The only reason anyone here knows me is because I latched on to (at the time) well-known forumers

That’s not really a story

But I don’t tend to run into many storyable situations

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    The last time I was at PAX-South, I drank skim milk in the outdoor hot-tub that was full of dead leaves.

While leaving it I ran into some strangers I had briefly interacted with the previous year, and they invited me to drink a bottle of bourbon with them. So I returned to my room, cleaned up, and went back down to drink with some friendly strangers.

During our conversation I learn that they are the close friends of the guy who has repeatedly come in 2nd-place in the PAX-South Omegathon. After a few years of always be a bridesmaid though, he won. A few minutes go by and that Omegathon champion actually joins us and sit down. I congratulate him on his victory.

I then notice that he reminds me of someone. I can't quite place it though... A few more minutes go by and it comes to me.

"Hey, has anyone told you that you look just like the American version of Goku from Dragonball Evolution?"
    "what?"

While leaving his friends shout, "Goodbye Goku!!!! See you in the morning, Son-Goku!"

Are you sure he wasn't Justin Chatwin?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    dragonball42.jpg

yes

no awful hairstyles here

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »

A true hero.

The first time we were all kinda laughing about it. The second time everyone else was laughing much harder than I was. I was so mad at him by the end of the weekend. SO MAD.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    One time I was stuck in central Prague railway station at 1am

It was busier than you'd think, given the time, but most of the people were drunk skinheads and I was 17 and timid so I just sat on my suitcase and avoided eye contact. After I'd been there half a hour or so a nondescript middle aged dude sat down on a bench near me. He was humming "In the summertime". I remember the song very clearly.
    Over the next few minutes he slowly slid closer and closer to me until he was within arms reach. Then he leant forward and proffered a card. I didn't know what to do, so I took it. He winked, and said "If you want work - call!" and then left. So I looked at the card. It was for a Czech massage and escort service. I wondered how to feel about that for a while, then settled on 'oddly flattered'.

Then I took a 18 hour train journey and didn't go to the toilet even once. This has been a story about my capacious bladder.

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

"what?"

Are you sure he wasn't Justin Chatwin?

If it was, Justin Chatwin is pretty good at video game tournaments.

• Options
    Thank you @Tynic for sharing a story that is the opposite of mine.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Doobh wrote: »
    The only reason anyone here knows me is because I latched on to (at the time) well-known forumers

That’s not really a story

But I don’t tend to run into many storyable situations
    Your forum handle has somehow worked it's way into a highly prominent position on my phone's dictionary in the last couple weeks. Several very common words, such as 'again' occasionally get replaced by it, or at least in the top row of suggestions. I have to be constantly vigilant lest I drop a complete non sequitur in a text conversation.

And that is my story about @Doobh

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I've never been punched. But my mother did hit me in the face with a golf club a couple of times.

When I was around ten, we vacationed at a beach town that had a mini-golf course that we frequented quite a lot. There was one hole that was basically skeeball, but my mom kept pushing the ball up the ramp rather than hitting it, always leading to the same max-stroke penalty. Finally one time I convinced her to just go for it, I excitedly lined up behind her to see what would happen and *crack* she caught me flush in the nose on the back swing.

A year later... same course, same hole, same conversation, this time I very cleverly walked around to the other side of her. She reared back, smacked the ball and *crack* caught me flush in the nose on the follow-through.

Now I have sleep apnea because one of my nostrils get blocked when I lay down, but not always the same nostril, and I can't help but wonder if maybe those two incidents have something to do with it?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    In the beginning there was nothing, and every possible thing. Gods and devils came and went. Eventually the cosmos came into being, and shortly after so did I.

Eventually ice cream was invented, and so Death choose not to end everything.

Anyways,