As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Oh, Lions, I'm so glad I only like you ironically now.

I’m honestly surprised you don’t like the hoss TE from Iowa. I always thought Iowa was your backup college team...

Go Iowa Awesome is my backup CFB blog. I would never choose to root for a Kirk Ferentz team though. I don't really have a secondary college team.

That explains how knowledgeable about the Hawkeyes you are, ha!

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2019

I’m honestly surprised you don’t like the hoss TE from Iowa. I always thought Iowa was your backup college team...

Go Iowa Awesome is my backup CFB blog. I would never choose to root for a Kirk Ferentz team though. I don't really have a secondary college team.

That explains how knowledgeable about the Hawkeyes you are, ha!

I watch an embarrassing amount of terrible Big Ten football. If there's Alabama/Georgia on CBS and Minnesota/Indiana on BTN I'm probably watching at least as much of the latter.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Also the Giants don't want a black or liberal quarterback on solely those grounds

So, not in the market for Rosen?

• Options
    Steelers trade with Denver for the 10th pick. Denver gets 20, 52, and a third round pick next year. Steelers take Devin Bush who is SUCH a Steeler pick.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Was there no tall, white, dumber than a box of hair QB available?

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    So the Lions have drafted 2 of the 3 TEs that went in the top twenty in the past 10 years.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    I have relatively few thoughts on Rashan Gary. He did his job, terrified opponents into doubling him which freed up other dudes, and has a chronically bum shoulder.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular

Wait so your backup college team isnt whoever is playing Ohio State?

• Options
    My backup college team can get complicated depending on who and what at the time. Mainly because Meteor State doesn't really exist.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    I'm not super happy with the Packers draft, but I don't know if anything is as head scratching as the Ravens. Let's draft a 4.3 fast WR, to really take the top off the defense for the 13 of 24 check downs Lamar Jackson will throw every game. I like Brown, seem like he could be a star but It's like the old guy who goes out, buys his Porsche 911 and then is doing 45 merging onto the highway and then gradually speeds up to 63.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    So the consensus is that Oakland won the first round. How about that?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I am satisfied with my states performance in the first round of the draft.
    Huzzah

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Yea, well the Cowboys got Amari Cooper. How bout that?!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Honestly that first round was so morbid the teams that won the most (besides Arizona) were the ones who traded their picks for Mack, Cooper and OBJ...

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Honestly that first round was so morbid the teams that won the most (besides Arizona) were the ones who traded their picks for Mack, Cooper and OBJ...

This is supposed to be one of the best defensive draft classes in history.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I had some time to think about it, but I think the Broncos got really good value with their first round pick. Getting a TE is one of their biggest needs, and with their 3 second round picks they can do some good pickups to fill out their offensive and secondary needs, they need some depth.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    admanb wrote: »

This is supposed to be one of the best defensive draft classes in history.

I’m not talking talent, I’m talking teams fucking up their picks

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    A lot of teams made decent to fine picks, the Giants just decided to immolate themselves and sucked all the oxygen out of the room

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I'm just hoping these quarterbacks are a bust so Miami doesn't look like a fool passing on them.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    I'm just hoping these quarterbacks are a bust so Miami doesn't look like a fool passing on them.

Well, if it's any consolation, you can just accept that Miami would just ruin them, either by getting them injured, just suck, or run them out of town just like Washington does.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Everything tells me that lock Sucks but if he's there for Miami our mediocrity make's me want Miami to take him

RickRude on
  • Options
    Clemson Raiders?

Oakland Tigers?

• Options
    I think the Lions took a guy in the second that most people expected to be around in the like... the sixth.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    A lot of teams made decent to fine picks, the Giants just decided to immolate themselves and sucked all the oxygen out of the room

Can't continue to burn if there's no more oxygen.

*taps temple*

• Options
    Everything tells me that lock Sucks but if he's there for Miami our mediocrity make's me want Miami to take him

Miami now has Rosen.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Was there no tall, white, dumber than a box of hair QB available?

Drew Lock, welcome to Denver.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    The NY Giants are fucked.
    Gettleman also suggested that Jones could sit behind Manning for as many as three years. Even by recent Giants standards, that seems like a cruel joke.

I'm on my phone and don't trust linking, but that comes from The Ringer (via LGM). How SUPERGENIUS do you have to be to even entertain, let alone suggest, that Manningface has three more seasons?

• Options
    edited April 2019
    And if you were planning on Manning playing all this year anyway

You could have tanked for a better option (next year’s QB class is loaded)

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Who says we're not right back in the top ten next year?

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options

Dave Gettleman, GM, New York Giants

• Options
    edited April 2019

You definitely are, absolutely. Gettleman is performing severe malpractice to that roster.

But, this isn’t a case where it’ll be ok to draft Tua next year.

In the Cards case, drafting Murray doesn’t retroactively make last year’s pick bad. Rosen was actually a good QB prospect while Jones is the 5th best (generously) prospect in a really weak QB class.

Put another way, Rosen fell to the Cards at 10 vs the Giants passing on Josh Allen and reaching 11 picks (or a whole round) for a guy because they were spooked by Dan Snyder!

I’m not a Giants fan in any way but I’m offended to my core about this pick, ha.

Think about this pick, how it likely locks you out of drafting one of next year’s studs, and the low likelihood Jones is worth a shit, and the “3 year GB plan” nonsense, and then ask yourself if it changes how you feel about the Saquon pick now...

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Didn't Arizona trade up for Rosen?

• Options
    Yes. They gave up a first, a third, and a fifth. I cannot tell if they did that for Rosen.

• Options

You definitely are, absolutely. Gettleman is performing severe malpractice to that roster.

But, this isn’t a case where it’ll be ok to draft Tua next year.

In the Cards case, drafting Murray doesn’t retroactively make last year’s pick bad. Rosen was actually a good QB prospect while Jones is the 5th best (generously) prospect in a really weak QB class.

Put another way, Rosen fell to the Cards at 10 vs the Giants passing on Josh Allen and reaching 11 picks (or a whole round) for a guy because they were spooked by Dan Snyder!

I’m not a Giants fan in any way but I’m offended to my core about this pick, ha.

Think about this pick, how it likely locks you out of drafting one of next year’s studs, and the low likelihood Jones is worth a shit, and the “3 year GB plan” nonsense, and then ask yourself if it changes how you feel about the Saquon pick now...

I wanted to see either Mayfield, Darneau or Rosen in a Giants uniform last year so imagine my ambivalence when we selected Barkley second overall.

Rosen was actually my top pick of the bunch.

And I'm aware that our only shot at one of next year's quarterbacks would lie with us having a new GM.

Also if next year shows Barkley to be a top 3 back and DJ to be a disaster I want that new GM to trade Barkley for a first round pick and then some so we don't waste a future potential HOF first five years with rebuilding nonsense.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    The Giants have been a disaster in the draft for at least five years now.

And a front office/ownership disaster since the elder Mara died as well. The son is all the stodgy racism and none of the competence. Get me off this ride.

RedTide on
  • Options
    So all the sports people have convinced me Miami got a steal of a deal in Rosen. Even if he's just a backup his cap numbers are great, and he was a pretty highly touted pick last year that we got for a late second rounder. We're still in position to draft a qb next year in the loaded draft class, and there's a chance Rosen develops into a good starting qb. You can't really trust his year 1 numbers as the cardinas were jorrible. Sadly, Miami offensive line isn't much better in guessing.

• Options
    I think I'm happy with how this draft went for miami. Next year is the big year.

• Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    Arizona took two of my favorite wr prospects in this class. They're stacked at skill positions on rookie contacts now. If Kingsbury can make his offense work with a mediocre line (I think he can), they could be in for a quick turnaround in offensive efficiency ranking

I would download a car.
  • Options
    It's strange to be reading articles on how Miami did well and got the steal of the draft in Rosen. It's all on paper, but it's nice to be excited about the future for the first time in awhile.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    It's strange to be reading articles on how Miami did well and got the steal of the draft in Rosen. It's all on paper, but it's nice to be excited about the future for the first time in awhile.

He'd be no worse than QB2 if he was in this draft. It's amazing how fast the shine wears off in some people's eyes. I'm not really familiar with the Dolphins' situation, coaching wise, but from the standpoint of acquiring talent, it was a good move. I'm rooting for the kid personally because I hate the way he's been treated. He's not a mindless football automaton, so we'll shit on him incessantly for not falling in line. I hope he's the next Dan Marino, only with Jay Cutler's fuck you attitude.