As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bad News Gone Right]: 40% chance of "where's the gone right?".

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    If someone stops their car in the middle of a crosswalk I'm using, I will rap on the hood of their car as I go past.

Internally I've resolved that one of these days I'm actually going to walk up and over the hood of someone's car, but I haven't found the right person to do that to yet. Gotta make sure I am "punching up"

Do a TV detective hood slide.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Bad news: Man falls in to an active volcano.

Good news: He survives!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/soldier-visiting-hawaii-national-park-falls-active-volcano-n1001516

Like so many similar stories, it starts with climbing over the safety railing.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Florida Man assaulted, forcibly tattooed with hate crime against minorities, English:
    They allegedly told Hart they were going to cover a gang tattoo on his neck with another one, according to Ocala.com.

Evans and Hayley held him down while Singleton began tattooing the neck.

The man tried to fight off the forced inking until Hayley knocked him unconscious. He woke to find Durham tattooing his neck, while saying, “I’ve never done this before.”

The new tattoo read “Fuck you, (misspelled n-word) ,” making it both morally and grammatically reprehensible.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Florida Man assaulted, forcibly tattooed with hate crime against minorities, English:
    They allegedly told Hart they were going to cover a gang tattoo on his neck with another one, according to Ocala.com.

The man tried to fight off the forced inking until Hayley knocked him unconscious. He woke to find Durham tattooing his neck, while saying, “I’ve never done this before.”

The new tattoo read “Fuck you, (misspelled n-word) ,” making it both morally and grammatically reprehensible.

........... where's the "gone right" here? This seems like a horrible story throughout.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Gone right part missing?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

........... where's the "gone right" here? This seems like a horrible story throughout.

Maybe the tatto that got covered was even worse? I mean, he is florida man, so its not impossible.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

The racist assholes who perpetrated the crime misspelled it, so now it just seems like the dude has a personal beef against a river in Africa?

I mean, it's not much in the "Gone Right" department, but I gotta take what I can get.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    How often will we have to ask Hedgie "how in the ever loving fuck is this 'gone right'?"?

It is known.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    How often will we have to ask Hedgie "how in the ever loving fuck is this 'gone right'?"?

It is known.

He gets it right once every other blue moon

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Bad news: Stolen car from Birmingham, England makes off from police. Vehicle then crashes into a hidden ditch with police shortly behind

Gone right: Police car (blue one) pulls off some sweet moves to avoid the ditch and all three suspects detained:

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ok the criminal running ahead of the car and power gapping that ditch needs to look into stunt work when he gets out of jail

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Ok the criminal running ahead of the car and power gapping that ditch needs to look into stunt work when he gets out of jail

That was better stunt work and a better chase scene than Burn Out had

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Flying turtle crashes through a man's windshield
    CONWAY, S.C. (WBTW) - If you haven't heard of a flying turtle, today might be the day.

One man's car got hit by a turtle that was flying through the air after another vehicle's tire smacked the turtle into the air.

"I still don't understand how it, like, the exact angle of that tire, for it to just fling into my windshield," said John Gardner, who's windshield is now shattered from where the tortoise hit.

Gardner said stuff like this never happens to him, but Tuesday afternoon around 4:30 p.m., it did, while he was minding his own business driving to work down Highway 501 in Conway, near Lake Busbee.

The rear tire on a truck near him on the road hit a turtle, flinging it into Gardner's windshield.

"Yeah, I was definitely surprised, because like, I couldn't even tell what it was at first because it's like, I guess just a big, black dot coming at me, and it's like, I couldn't move at all really," he said. "So, I was just like, oh okay. I hope it's not too bad."

Gardner was covered in glass after the accident. According to Rob's Auto Body, the turtle died upon impact.

"I didn't get hurt at all, I just remember when the cops showed up, he was like, hey, you're covered in glass," said Gardner. "And, because I didn't know, like I didn't know there was any in my hair and stuff like that, so I'm just like oh okay."

Gardner said police were called to the scene and the guy who hit the turtle got out of his truck.

"He checked on me, and like, we both stopped and he made sure I was okay and everything like that," he said.

It'll take almost $2,000 to repair Gardner's car.

"The wipers and stuff like that all got broken too, so it's going to be a lot," he said.

Gardner said he was so startled that there was no reaction time or space on the road to move over out of the way of the turtle.

"Gardner said stuff like this never happens to him" ... Dude, stuff like this never happens to ANYONE.

I'm not sure where the "gone right" is in this story, but seriously, look at this photo:
    vrckfbzvla8v.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Gone right is he wasnt hurt. And hopefully thats covered by insurance.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Mario Kart is real then, who knew

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Flying turtle crashes through a man's windshield
    CONWAY, S.C. (WBTW) - If you haven't heard of a flying turtle, today might be the day.

One man's car got hit by a turtle that was flying through the air after another vehicle's tire smacked the turtle into the air.

"I still don't understand how it, like, the exact angle of that tire, for it to just fling into my windshield," said John Gardner, who's windshield is now shattered from where the tortoise hit.

Gardner said stuff like this never happens to him, but Tuesday afternoon around 4:30 p.m., it did, while he was minding his own business driving to work down Highway 501 in Conway, near Lake Busbee.

The rear tire on a truck near him on the road hit a turtle, flinging it into Gardner's windshield.

"Yeah, I was definitely surprised, because like, I couldn't even tell what it was at first because it's like, I guess just a big, black dot coming at me, and it's like, I couldn't move at all really," he said. "So, I was just like, oh okay. I hope it's not too bad."

Gardner was covered in glass after the accident. According to Rob's Auto Body, the turtle died upon impact.

"I didn't get hurt at all, I just remember when the cops showed up, he was like, hey, you're covered in glass," said Gardner. "And, because I didn't know, like I didn't know there was any in my hair and stuff like that, so I'm just like oh okay."

Gardner said police were called to the scene and the guy who hit the turtle got out of his truck.

"He checked on me, and like, we both stopped and he made sure I was okay and everything like that," he said.

It'll take almost $2,000 to repair Gardner's car.

"The wipers and stuff like that all got broken too, so it's going to be a lot," he said.

Gardner said he was so startled that there was no reaction time or space on the road to move over out of the way of the turtle.

"Gardner said stuff like this never happens to him" ... Dude, stuff like this never happens to ANYONE.

Something similar has happened to many of us only the shell was blue.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    I once had a snake fall into my lap through my open window while I was driving. I have no idea how or why it happened. All I can assume is some bird dropped it at the exact right moment, because I'm 99% certain it was not on my roof when I got into the car, and I had been driving at 50mph for a good 10-15 minutes at that point.

Needless to say, it was mildly terrifying finishing that drive knowing there was a snake somewhere in the car. Luckily it wound up just being a king snake and I got it out without too much trouble.

And yes, this was in Florida, because of course it was.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    That turtle is big enough that I'm going to just assume the truck driver purposefully hit it.

Always stop to help a turtle cross a road, as long as it doesnt put you in danger, because up to 1 in 3 drivers will purposefully try to hit it.

We are fucking monsters.

Veevee on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    That turtle is big enough that I'm going to just assume the truck driver purposefully hit it.

Always stop to help a turtle cross a road, as long as it doesnt put you in danger, because up to 1 in 3 drivers will purposefully try to hit it.

We are fucking monsters.
    1 in 3 drivers won't pass the Voight-Kampff test.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Bad News: Chuck Johnson still exists

Gone Right: He's broke as hell
    Infamous alt-right troll Chuck Johnson’s website GotNews filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy last month, according to a California federal court filing from the closed-down site.

GotNews owes between $500,000 and $1 million to unspecified creditors, the bankruptcy petition states. The website estimated its total assets between zero and $50,000 dollars.

It was not immediately clear where the value of Johnson’s personal brand fit into that calculation.

Splinter first reported the filing. The troll site must supply the list of creditors by Wednesday, and that list will offer a peek into who thought it was a good idea to finance Johnson.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Bad News Vince McMahon is still alive

Good news now we have this Twitter thread

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Vince McMahon is a bizarre fucking enigma of a man. Like a real life Bill Brasky.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I went into that thread expecting something like the Bill Murray "No one will ever believe you" meme. And that's what I got, but with fucking sources and references.

Hevach on
  • Options

Vince McMahon is a bizarre fucking enigma of a man. Like a real life Bill Brasky.

His friendship with Trump makes so much sense now

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I laughed the most when he hoisted himself like when he shit his pants trying to purposely fart

• Options
    And then he still went out

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019

We are fucking monsters.

I once pulled over to get a snapping turtle of the road. I got a stick and started nudging it towards the grass. However, the ornery little thing kept lunging after the stick, going towards the middle of the road. I got it into the grass by getting it to chase me.

The End.

Nobeard on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Snapping turtles are too angry and spiteful not to save. Yeah, I know all they want to do is bite my head off in many angry chomps, but I can't help but respect and admire so much rage and hate in one bitey package.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

We are fucking monsters.
    1 in 3 drivers won't pass the Voight-Kampff test.

Someone's an optimist!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Nobeard wrote: »

We are fucking monsters.

I once pulled over to get a snapping turtle of the road. I got a stick and started nudging it towards the grass. However, the ornery little thing kept lunging after the stick, going towards the middle of the road. I got it into the grass by getting it to chase me.

The End.

Should have used a palm tree

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Fugitive serial rapist hails a cab straight to arrest
    A fugitive who was finally caught and arrested over the abduction of two teenage girls was taken to police by a taxi driver who recognised him, it has emerged. Joseph McCann, 34, is being linked to several other attacks across the country, including the rape of an 11-year-old boy. Police confirmed the ‘extremely dangerous’ McCann had been arrested in Cheshire after a two-week search and a stand-off with officers overnight. The taxi driver ignored his instructions and went straight towards a police station. He said: ‘I realised who he was from the way he was acting and saying certain things like not to go down routes. ‘He was hiding his face and ducking down and told me, “Whatever happens don’t go down the A34”. ‘Further up the road, I saw a police officer talking to another member of the public on the side of the road so I flashed them.

‘I pulled up and he started to punch me in the face, the officer jumped in the car. I put on the child locks but he kept pulling at the door and it opened. ‘He started fighting with the officer and he picked up a broken bit of glass off the floor and ran off into the fields. We ran after him but we blocked the main road off.’ McCann is now being investigated over seven incidents across Cheshire, Manchester, Lancashire, London and Hertfordshire between April 21 and Sunday.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    A fugitive who was finally caught and arrested over the abduction of two teenage girls was taken to police by a taxi driver who recognised him, it has emerged. Joseph McCann, 34, is being linked to several other attacks across the country, including the rape of an 11-year-old boy. Police confirmed the ‘extremely dangerous’ McCann had been arrested in Cheshire after a two-week search and a stand-off with officers overnight. The taxi driver ignored his instructions and went straight towards a police station. He said: ‘I realised who he was from the way he was acting and saying certain things like not to go down routes. ‘He was hiding his face and ducking down and told me, “Whatever happens don’t go down the A34”. ‘Further up the road, I saw a police officer talking to another member of the public on the side of the road so I flashed them.

‘I pulled up and he started to punch me in the face, the officer jumped in the car. I put on the child locks but he kept pulling at the door and it opened. ‘He started fighting with the officer and he picked up a broken bit of glass off the floor and ran off into the fields. We ran after him but we blocked the main road off.’ McCann is now being investigated over seven incidents across Cheshire, Manchester, Lancashire, London and Hertfordshire between April 21 and Sunday.

Cab driver should get a medal.

• Options
    edited May 2019

Nah just Ban Uber in his state

King Riptor on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

It's the UK.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »

It's the UK.

Ok then banning Uber would be a symbolic gesture.

• Options
    Bad news
    Detective pikachu leaked
    https://youtu.be/tAA_yWX8ycQ

Good news
    or did it?

• Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Welp, I know what's going on the big screens during my work event next week.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Snapping turtles are so weird, its like an evil alternate reality version of a usually benign animal.

Like if i was to find out there were snapping rabbits out there, just vicious rabbits with jaws full of razors and a bite like a trap.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Snapping turtles are so weird, its like an evil alternate reality version of a usually benign animal.

Like if i was to find out there were snapping rabbits out there, just vicious rabbits with jaws full of razors and a bite like a trap.

TIM: There he is!
    ARTHUR: Where?
    TIM: There!
    ARTHUR: What, behind the turtle?
    TIM: It is the turtle.
    ARTHUR: You silly sod!
    TIM: What?
    ARTHUR: You got us all worked up!
    TIM: Well, that's no ordinary turtle!
    ARTHUR: Ohh.
    TIM: That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered testudine you ever set eyes on!
    ROBIN: You tit! I soiled my armor I was so scared!
    TIM: Look, that turtle's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Prohass wrote: »

Thats just a normal rabbit

This discussion has been closed.