As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

They’re pictures that move, so we call them [movies]

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Gambit has been quietly removed from the schedule

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Didn’t Kathleen Kennedy say the GoT guys’ trilogy is still in the works at Celebration...?

Edit: not saying that can change, just that they are still in the works as of very recently

Yeah but that was prior to the final season of GoT coming out. Like if the ending of GoT is like dexter quality I can see them getting Trevorowwed on to their next endeavors.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Supposedly the leaked ending is really bad

• Options
    I don't think Lucasfilm looks at external work much when making their decisions

Josh Trank, Trevorrow, and Lord & Miller were all given the boot for the work they had done on Star Wars, Trank for being difficult to work with, Trevorrow for having a really bad pitch that he was not willing to budge on

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Tube wrote: »
    Supposedly the leaked ending is really bad

If the leaks are true. Maybe they can remove the ending like they did the coffee cup.

I mean its working wonders for the sonic movie.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    They're making a Nimona movie?
    Rad.

• Options
    CGI it can fix everything. I'm trying to get them to CGI season 8 of castle out of existence.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    To be fair GoT is still immensely successful and Disney values money above all else so they maybe don't care that the final season has been a trash fire

But i wouldn't be shocked if they quietly canned those movies

i wanna point out that like

MOST of my social media, aside from this place, seems to be enjoying the GOT fonal season

this is not Book Of Henry

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The GoT guys' series is probably about how the Empire wasn't really that bad and had some good point.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I suspect that the general public reaction to this season is going to be "that was pretty good" and then they'll forget about it in a few months

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    I suspect that the general public reaction to this season is going to be "that was pretty good" and then they'll forget about it in a few months

yeah i dont think its anywhere near bad enough to lose those guys their trilogy

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    To be fair GoT is still immensely successful and Disney values money above all else so they maybe don't care that the final season has been a trash fire

MOST of my social media, aside from this place, seems to be enjoying the GOT fonal season

I would say it definitely isn't comparable to the Book of Henry, but it isn't a case where this forum is just an echo chamber

There is backlash against this season all over the internet, from the show's subreddit to Twitter to tons of reviews and critiques on various entertainment sites.

There are absolutely still folks who are enjoying it but it is not very well received as a whole

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

perception is getting more and more split though, the latest episode is now the lowest rated one of the series on IMDB and plenty of people that have been diehards are turning on it, more and more critical posts are gaining traction on their subreddit too

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Which GoT writers wanted to do a "Well actually" movie about the confederacy? Was it this group?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Which GoT writers wanted to do a "Well actually" movie about the confederacy? Was it this group?

yes

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    2019 just sucks.

• Options
    Yikes. And it was a series not a movie my bad guys, series is kind of worse right?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

I don't follow GoT news but my twitter feed seems to be pretty angry about it.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    will literally anyone care about avatar 2 when it comes out

will avatar 2 come out

• Options

will avatar 2 come out
    Avatar made 2.7 billion dollars, Avatar 2 is coming out

Whether or not folks care, well, who knows

I imagine it will still be successful, if it is similar to the first one it will be a movie that plays very well internationally but wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the highest grossing movie of all time again

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yikes.

It hasn't been cancelled and all signs from both of them publicly as recently as 2 months ago is they still are planning to go forward with it

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I apparently am not seeing the positive response to Game of Thrones on any corner of the internet or day to day life right now.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    James Cameron always always always exceeds expectations

He pretty much always makes huge successes and continues to become underestimated once his next thing comes along

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I will never ever bet against James Cameron making bank at the box office.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    I don’t trust the GoT guys with anything, but I have some faith that there’ll be sufficient oversight to keep them in line, or fire them. I’m pretty certain most of their worst impulses for GoT simply wouldn’t fly with Star Wars. I even think some of the work they did with GoT while they still had books to adapt was pretty smart, actually. And maybe they’ll be in that role with some EU stuff.

Fuck those guys, hire anyone else, especially someone other than a white dude. I just doubt it’ll be last couple seasons of GoT kind of bad.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

will avatar 2 come out

I would very much like to stop hearing about Avatar 2 so I will care.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

Ah, but Avatar had no lasting influence on movies at all in any way. You can tell because the people who've been unthinkingly choking down a 2 hour+, 80% CGI, $500 million dollar marketing budget Marvel film every six months or so for nearly a decade keep telling you that.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2019

Eh..

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=alita.htm

That said, Avatar 2 will undoubtedly make back its money, so I wouldn't bet against it for sure.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Eh..

That said, Avatar 2 will undoubtedly make back its money, so I wouldn't bet against it for sure.
    Quoting a movie that over doubled its budget isn't a great argument against the guy, especially since he only produced it

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Eh..

Quoting a movie that over doubled its budget isn't a great argument against the guy, especially since he only produced it

He also wrote it, and it was known to be his pet project for years.

• Options
    James Cameron directed movies if I have to clarify then

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    It feels like esteem is only going to grow for Alita

I haven't seen it myself but it seems like the people that liked it REALLY like it, it has pretty good word of mouth

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I mean... I'm going to see the Avatar sequel.

It was generic as fuck but I still thought the first one was alright.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I definitely still want to see Alita, it just came out at a bad time for me in terms of my entertainment budget and it felt like it was gone from theaters pretty quick.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I'll watch Alita when it pops up on HBO. More than I can say about any future Avatar film

• Options
    https://youtu.be/t9co2qyBIS0

First clip from Aladdin

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'll say I think it's kinda interesting that Cameron is trying to go all Wire on it and have each Avatar sequel be about completely new aspects of the world

I don't CARE about that world, but it's conceptually neat

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    https://youtu.be/t9co2qyBIS0

First clip from Aladdin

Oh boy am I out on this one.

Fawst on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    That's in the trailer though? Part of the thing that I saw before Endgame. Still looks terrible.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    will smiths genie literally being a black man in shackles is still an absolutely insanely bad choice

This discussion has been closed.