Options

[PAX West 2019] Welcome to PAX! Karaoke Tonight @ The Crescent!

Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of ForksRegistered User regular
edited August 2019 in Social Entropy++

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_pix9YV17U

This apparently constitutes a real OP at 11:00 PM on a Thursday night.

Pre-PAX @ The Roanoke Info!
Tonkka wrote: »
I got the email that my badges have shipped, so here's the pre-PAX night info!

Umpteenth Annual Pre-PAX Watchamacallit!

Who: You, me, some nerds or whatever.
What: It's a thing that's been going on for a few years, so I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but basically we meet at a bar and hangout.
Where: Roanoke Park Place, 2409 10th Ave E 98102
When: Thursday, August 29th, starting whenever you decide to show up. I recommend shooting for a time after 4pm, because that's what time the bar opens.
Why: Uh. . .
How: This is the bar that I used to work at for a long ass time, and the owner was gracious enough to let me host this thing. Well now we just keep doing it every year.

In case this is your first time, the basics:

-This is still a publicly open business, I didn't rent out the bar for a private party (maybe someday), so remember that you're a patron just like anyone else.

-If you disagree with tipping as a concept, I get it. Until we topple capitalism and the systems that support it, it's a thing. Tip.

-The law in the great state of Washington is that you must 21 years of age or older with legal photo ID in order to be on the premises. I don't care if you're just drinking out of the back of the toilet or not, be 21+ and don't forget your ID/Passport. These are the guidelines for sellers, so it's a pretty good guide if your coming from out of state and unsure of what you'll need.

-Please know your limits! We're all here to have a good time, and get a little silly, but don't do anything that you might regret or that someone else would have to clean up. Likewise if you offer someone a drink, and they decline, let it go. Remember that we all have the rest of the entire weekend to get through!

I'm not trying to be anyone's dad here, but I don't want to have to bring any of this up during the event. None of the above are rules. There is only one rule that you need to follow no matter what.

Never argue with the bartender or the staff. They are right, you are wrong.

This is always fun, and the owner also gives us a nice discount that will be applied to your tab at the end of the night, or when you buy a thing (running a tab makes it easier on everyone). How will they know? You'll be wearing one of these!
xcb4akpcjdn4.jpg

If you still have your button from last year, bring it! If you don't, dammit! I'll have to give you another one I guess. If you're new, HAIL SATAN.

That's all I can think of right now, but if there are any questions you can PM me or post here.

Karaoke! 9:30 on Saturday night at Hula Hula!
The Geek wrote: »
PAXaroke

I am not sure if links work for private events, but if they don't and you want an invite and you haven't already gotten one, please shoot me a message on facebook.

And relevant security information!

P A X I N T E N S I F I E S

[IMG][/img]
Romanian My Escutcheon on

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I am in the Virtual Queue.
    I kind of wish there was like a sense of time to wait or a number in line.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Bought!

I'll see you fellow sinners there!

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh heck, in that queue.

Good old queue.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Got badges and hotel.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Also successful in badges and hotel.
    Although super unsure on hotel options. Waffled a lot on whether to just do the three nights of the show or to pad it out with one in front or one after. May try and tweak that once I see what airfare looks like.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    The Sheraton was sold out almost instantly, other than that this might be the smoothest I've very seen it run.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Ah shit, here we go again

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited May 2019
    Most stressful tweet of the year

Tube on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Stupid rent being due Saturday, I got a Friday and a Saturday at least. I had no idea that the 4-days were so much. Oh well, now to apply for that time off! WOOOOO PAX.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Tube wrote: »

I imagine your phone literally punches you in the face when you click send tweet.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I bought a 4 day pass because I hate myself.

• Options
    One things that's a little irritating is that the hotel site won't let you book rooms for before or after the event dates itself, so anyone who wants to check in Thursday is SOL. (I think the site may have said this is only for certain hotels, which of course, includes the one I wanna get, so I just booked Friday-Tuesday)

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Tube wrote: »

Not gonna lie, I had a few mini heart attacks when I saw the ping confirmations going out through the afternoon.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    They 4-day passes are back, but they cost the same as buying 4 individual days.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Is there a traditionally low key day for PAX West? Like the first day the place is open but not much on the schedule, or the last day and half of everyone is already gone etc?

• Options
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Is there a traditionally low key day for PAX West? Like the first day the place is open but not much on the schedule, or the last day and half of everyone is already gone etc?

Monday.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    got in the queue 15 minutes after it opened

it took long enough that i forgot i was in the queue and now saturday's sold out

we're submitting a panel again this year soooo i'll guess i'll see y'all if that gets accepted

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    One day I will go to PAX West.

But that day is not today.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Passes and hotel bought!

I'm arranging flights tomorrow- my girlfriend and I are going to spend about two weeks in the States starting with PAX.

• Options
    Speaking of hotels:

If anybody wants to split a room, I grabbed a two bed at the Regency down the street from the WSCC, and I'm reasonably certain I won't use both of them.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I am likely sleeping at home that weekend, and I have a couch available for someone if they want to avoid paying for a hotel room.

EDIT: Not sure if my sister (and roommate) will be in town that weekend as well, so there might ba an actual bed available too, if she's cool with it.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    godmode wrote: »
    Passes and hotel bought!

I'm arranging flights tomorrow- my girlfriend and I are going to spend about two weeks in the States starting with PAX.

Let us know when you'll be in town so we can do something outside of PAX too. I know Amy would like to hang out again too.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    godmode wrote: »
    Passes and hotel bought!

Let us know when you'll be in town so we can do something outside of PAX too. I know Amy would like to hang out again too.

I'll be in Seattle from the 29th to the 4th!

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Huh, tickets are still available for every day but Saturday.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    just tell me where the drinking is

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Speaking of hotels:

If anybody wants to split a room, I grabbed a two bed at the Regency down the street from the WSCC, and I'm reasonably certain I won't use both of them.

Hey, so, update on this; the booking agency had a waitlist for the Sheraton, and apparently I got in.

So now I have a double/double room at the Sheraton, which is way closer. Just sayin'.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Oh hey, I'll be at this thing.

• Options
    just tell me where the drinking is

I know of at least one night's location.

Speaking of which, do most of you have your buttons from last year, or should I order more?

• Options
    Still got mine!

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I went to PAX South. It was good. Great actually.

But it ain't got shit on MAGfest in DC.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    It doesn't have like 30 forumers at magfest in dc.

• Options
    there's no hooters at magfest

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The best part of PAX South for me is hanging out with people and shooting the shit or playing board games, not really the con

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    The best part of PAX South for me is hanging out with people and shooting the shit or playing board games, not really the con

Yeah, as much as I like West, there's too much to do and so everyone tends to go off and do their own thing

Whereas at South you kinda gotta make your own fun, and the fun is a lot cheaper to pull off, too, so we get a good crowd

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Fine then

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Fine then

I am trying to moralise not having enough money this year, Tonkka!! Hopefully next year!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    they closed the haunted train tracks so my pax south day drinking spot is gone, but it still has more dirtbaggy options.

but at west i can ignore everything, go drinking, then sleep in my own bed.

plusses and minuses all around.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Only one show has the 'Noke, though.

• Options
    southtown tho

6vjsgrerts6r.png