BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I like Artichoke incorporated into other dishes but not on its own

I will destroy some Spinach Artichoke dip

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    You know what I don't like? Asparagus

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    most vegetables are as good if not better raw

off the top of my head asparagus is the only real exception, raw asparagus is no good

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Asparagus is kind of chewy in a way I don't like, not fun to eat, flavor is ok though.

I hate that I can't eat spinach now because of the oxalate content, it's my favorite leafy veggie like if I'm going to have greens to balance out a sandwich my go to is spinach

Iceberg lettuce is inedible trash

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Most vegetables are better cooked

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i can't eat cooked spinach, but you cook up some collard in heavily spiced water, and i am in heaven

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i wouldn't just eat raw spinach plain but it's good on a sandwich

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Bread with Turkey with some cheese, toasted... get some spinach and some light mayo on there. That's a sandwich.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Roast asparagus is great when it's nicely seasoned and juuuust crispy

But then you gotta deal with the asparagus piss situation

(also, Asparagus Piss Situation is my new jam band)

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    i can't eat cooked spinach, but you cook up some collard in heavily spiced water, and i am in heaven

Are

Are you my wife

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Are

Are you my wife

hmmm

is your name-a Borat?!?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Are

Are you my wife

hmmm

is your name-a Borat?!?

No its zack

We are friends on Facebook

Why dont you know me

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Moriveth is friends with Borat?

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Celery in any and all forms is actively bad. Ew.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

Yeah, but he says his name is Zack! I don't know what the deal is.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

Are

Are you my wife

no

stop asking me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Wait

Am

Am I Borat

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »

What, even Celery Man?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I can barely stomach like, 95% of vegetables.

Like straight up gag reflex at the taste or texture.

I think there's something wrong with my tongue.

If you like lay a thing on lettuce I can taste the lettuce on it after removing it.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited July 2019

Celery as a delivery mechanism for peanut butter (raisins optional) or for cheese whiz is exceptional.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Remember the character on Comedy Bang Bang that was a publicist named Seth Berkowitz and his company was Berkowitz No Relation, because he wanted to make sure that people knew he wasn't related to the Son of Sam?

That was a pretty good bit.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I like broccoli, but only the stem. I hate the leafy green part at the top.
    Give me the broccoli trunks, please

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Carrots are not cooked with because it makes the carrots better. Carrots are cooked because they make the rest of the dish better, because it leeches all the sugar out of the carrots.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Its a bummer that Danielle evidently watched most of eva early instead of coming into each recording session fresh on the episodes they are talking about

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    can't decide if today's Waypoint Radio is the most self-indulgent thing they've ever done

Not sure if it tops the dozen hours of Pride & Prejudice content, but it's close

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    can't decide if today's Waypoint Radio is the most self-indulgent thing they've ever done

Not sure if it tops the dozen hours of Pride & Prejudice content, but it's close

It's not indulgent at all? Like, any moreso than covering Eva at all is.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on them doing a 2 and a half hour fake draft proceeding for the video game industry being anything other than the peak of them being on their bullshit

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular

Celery is for cooking. Slice it very small and fine so it basically melts into the dish to add some savory flavor. Stir fries, soups, and stews (including chili) all get improved in particular.

Or you could get celery seed if you really can't stand the stalks but want that improved richness.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on them doing a 2 and a half hour fake draft proceeding for the video game industry being anything other than the peak of them being on their bullshit

Oh I didn't see they had released another podcast today, my app is super-slow on updating on my phone so I thought you were talking about the Eva rewatch.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I find celery to be the perfect vessel for nearly any dip. It's not quite flavorless, but it has a very versatile flavor that pairs favorably with a wide variety of other flavors

I like celery, but the celery I get up here started becoming really bitter, so I stopped eating it, which is a bummer as it was the vegetable I'd be most likely to eat as a snack.
    In my experience if you have a sharp-flavored celery, it was likely allowed to grow a bit too long before harvesting. This can be solved by cutting off the end and sticking it in a cup of mild sugar water for about 20 minutes. (the water technique is also a good way to firm up celery that has started to wilt)

This is probably the most important bit of advice I have ever received on the internet.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

He's a lego maniac.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Munch down on some raw celery

It's like nature's corndogs

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    It is absolutely not

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    One of the things I genuinely love about Waypoint Radio is when Austin says "and I think that'll just about do it from us this week" [Narrator's note - 35 minutes remain on the runtime]

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    peas are better the mushier they are.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular

I'm new to Waypoint, do you happen to know the episode numbers for these so I can go back for a listen? I am 100% on board for that

• Options
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

I'm new to Waypoint, do you happen to know the episode numbers for these so I can go back for a listen? I am 100% on board for that

It was in a now deprecated feed, but behold

https://www.vice.com/en_us/topic/pride-and-prejudice

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    To refresh my understanding Rich Energy is Nazi Red Bull yes

• Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    I don't think they're nazis as far as anyone knows, just a shitty ceo and a company with maybe no actual money? This entire saga had been incredibly weird.

This discussion has been closed.