As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Podcasts] Now listen to this

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Guys, I don't think Patrick is going to like where EVA goes.

Do you mean with the television ending, or EoE?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Guys, I don't think Patrick is going to like where EVA goes.

Do you mean with the television ending, or EoE?

Both? The rage at the TV ending will definitely be top notch.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    The TV ending is sooo good and then EoE ruins it all

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    My appreciation for both endings would probably be different if I wasn't aware of the real-world context behind how both of them materialized.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

I continue to be uncomfortable with the convergence of the Blank Check universe

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Griffin Newman go on Lore Reasons

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oof, the latest Waypoint has me really missing Natalie’s presence as the seasoning that makes inane discussions actually enjoyable.

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Oof, the latest Waypoint has me really missing Natalie’s presence as the seasoning that makes inane discussions actually enjoyable.

Rob was great last episode, and I can only imagine how much better he would have been with Natalie as a foil.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Young Rorie!

Also Dan Ryckert sings exactly like this old dude that frequented karaoke (and would sing Funky Cold Medina every time) down in Santa Cruz, and it’s weird

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    In the grimdark future, all podcasts will merge into a single ubercast that will be 11 hours long per episode and will release daily. It is hosted by Travis McElroy and Dan Ryckert.

Listening is mandatory.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    I cant wait for Dad podcast with Jeff, Vinny and Dave

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Whoa! Congrats Jeff and his wife who he does a very good job of keeping out of his internet life

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    Whoaaaa what the heck that’s big news!

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

wwhhhhhhhhaaaatttttt

wow

WOW!

congrats jeff!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That totally sounds like he just borrowed a baby for a couple of days

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    "So I was holding a baby just the other day"

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    for some reason I thought Jeff was in the "not at all interested in having kids" camp

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    for some reason I thought Jeff was in the "not at all interested in having kids" camp

Someone's gotta take over GB someday

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    "So I was holding a baby just the other day"

“Last Thursday I was holding my child and a copy of Bonk’s Revenge.”

• Options
    Vegeta Gerstmann, eh?

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I respect and admire the hell out of Jeff's ability to strike a separation of public and private life, given the industry he works in.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I respect and admire the hell out of Jeff's ability to strike a separation of public and private life, given the industry he works in.
    Vinny did the same thing back when Max was born but that faded given how little he had to talk about that wasn't parenting and I think he had to make the decision with his partner to either be more open about their home life or figure out how to still do the personality driven aspect of his job

It'll be interesting to see how that shakes out with Jeff! I hope everything goes well!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »

I feel like he never wrote it off specifically (and hell, at one point I think he overtly mentioned having kids 'sometime') but it's still surprising.

BIG DADDY GERSTMANN

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Jeff better Skype that baby into the podcast tomorrow

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

He got his home address posted online and received death threats, years before shit like GamerGate. I'm not surprised how he handles it

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    And yeah Jeff is really good at hiding his personal life. Which is impressive!

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

He got his home address posted online and received death threats, years before shit like GamerGate. I'm not surprised how he handles it

Jesus fuckin

Of course that happened

If I live to be a million years old I'll never understand how things got so fucked

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

Jesus fuckin

Of course that happened

If I live to be a million years old I'll never understand how things got so fucked

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

Jesus fuckin

Of course that happened

there are still folks out there who curse his name and the only thing they know about him is that he dared to give twilight princess a score lower than 9

• Options
    To be fair it was his fault for holding an opinion different from mine.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    A real baby?

• Options
    I only hope Jeff has taken the harsh lessons of Babysitting Mama to heart wrt shaking of babies

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I feel foolish and cowardly for moderating my baby joke now that someone has made a baby shaking joke

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    no no no

Don't shake the baby

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Now that Gamespot doesn't even do fractional scoring anymore, his old review would've been rounded to a 9 nowadays, and I'm sure the psycho fans would've had less a problem with that even though that's literally only a 0.2 point difference. (The WiiU remake, in fact, got exactly that score.)

This discussion has been closed.