Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Can someone refresh my memory with Mods and Melee and Companion and....Exalted Blade etc. So I have a Mod in my deconstructor on my Helios, and my Exalted Blade shows the same mod as being used but slightly greyed out with an Icon on it. So if I have that Mod in my Companion it doesn't work on my Exalted or Melee? Or what. I can't seem to remember and my googlefu is week tonight.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

So when are we gonna hear about Warframe and Star Citizen merging into a single entity?

On the Dev stream they were showing this a bit. You play a sorta Space Lute and some keys were for the String and another key was for the Fret, and the Spacebar was a whammy bar. It was limited to like 3 strings and 3 frets but looked kinda cool. If they went over this in that Vid, I'm sorry I only watched the opening few seconds.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Can someone refresh my memory with Mods and Melee and Companion and....Exalted Blade etc. So I have a Mod in my deconstructor on my Helios, and my Exalted Blade shows the same mod as being used but slightly greyed out with an Icon on it. So if I have that Mod in my Companion it doesn't work on my Exalted or Melee? Or what. I can't seem to remember and my googlefu is week tonight.

Yeah you can't share mods between your weapons and your sentinel's weapons. You can share mods between regular weapons and exalted weapons though. I think Sentinel weapons are the only things that can't share mods.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

So when are we gonna hear about Warframe and Star Citizen merging into a single entity?

I don't know why exactly, but the fact that they are using my trackball, the best input device in the realm, makes me feel immense joy.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    oh god

I only have 2 more Way-Bound passives to unlock.

I'm so tired of ESO and Eidolons guys but my (spoiler) is so swole now x_X

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    oh god

It's kindof amazing how potent that mode gets when you rack up all the things.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    kralizecc wrote: »
    oh god

It's kindof amazing how potent that mode gets when you rack up all the things.

yeah and it's only gonna get more ridonkulas once I start actually unlocking the non-passives

like, I started with Zenurik because extra energy regen is the most broadly useful in normal gameplay, most of the other stuff has very, very narrow use cases...

... but boy are those narrow use-cases spectacular. I run into people in Sorties / Arbitrations / Eidolons who seem like freaking wizards with what they can do.

Also, with the right Arcane setup, my Spoiler potentially has more armor and HP than most of my Warframes, which is ridiculous (obv can't beat out Inaros or whatever, but still. STILL.)

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I appreciate that it is possible to do that but I don't want to be in the mode. I want to be a badass space cyborg ninja wizard. Really hoping they don't force us to use it more often then they already do.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Deans wrote: »

Yeah you can't share mods between your weapons and your sentinel's weapons. You can share mods between regular weapons and exalted weapons though. I think Sentinel weapons are the only things that can't share mods.

Thanks. I had forgot the part where Melee and Exalted could share and only Sentinel's had to have their own. At my low level it makes it a pain when I have only 1 mod that I want in both, but I'll get around it for now.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »

Thanks. I had forgot the part where Melee and Exalted could share and only Sentinel's had to have their own. At my low level it makes it a pain when I have only 1 mod that I want in both, but I'll get around it for now.

Yeah you can share with exalted because exalted and your melee weapon don't technically coexist simultaneously.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I thought I had to complete War Within before I could go into You Know Who mode, but I seem to have popped it accidentally during a Helene run earlier. Xbox players, what's the input? I couldn't replicate it.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I thought I had to complete War Within before I could go into You Know Who mode, but I seem to have popped it accidentally during a Helene run earlier. Xbox players, what's the input? I couldn't replicate it.

Did you just pull out a big beam? That's normal after Second Dream.

• Options
    furlion wrote: »
    I appreciate that it is possible to do that but I don't want to be in the mode. I want to be a badass space cyborg ninja wizard. Really hoping they don't force us to use it more often then they already do.

See, I'm the opposite.
    I originally thought Warframe was really boring and stupid because it was described to me as badass cyborg space ninja shooter!!! and I'm like you mean like half a dozen other games? meeeeeeeeeeh

when I was just clicking around on TV tropes and discovered "Actually, you are the ghost of a space teenager who pilots semi-sentient biomechanical power armor with the power of empathy" I'm like WHAT THAT'S DOPE AS FUCK I WANNA BE A SPACE GHOST TEENAGER

so I actually have a lot of fun using my Operator in tandem with my Warframe.

You can also always build your Operator to just be pure support for your 'frame; there's lots of options both in terms of Magus Arcanes and the Focus Schools that amount to "I pop out for five seconds if my Warframe is about to die, render it invincible / give it back energy / heal it / give it regen, and pop back in"

Regarding Nightwave stuff... tinfoil hat theory.
    What if this is going to set up a way for us to create new, non-Orokin era Warframes. Like, potentially could Grendel and Gauss be created from this incident?

I already had a whole very weird fanfic about my fan warframe idea (Yinari; mentioned somewhere upthread; concept inspired by masks, theater, disguises, and to a lesser extent fox spirits), which I'll elaborate on if someone really cares, but the tl;dr is terminally ill person volunteers to become Warframe; Tenno goes that's a terrible idea, you're an idiot; eventually one individual Tenno is brought around to the idea but vows that this will be NOTHING like what Ballas did; ends up on the run anyway bc the other Tenno are, understandably, a bit like what the FUCK did you do.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I just recently finished The Limbo Theorem quest and I can make Limbo if I want to. Not sure if I should. I'm currently releveling my Oberon after putting in a Forma and I heard that Limbo's one of the more skill-based WFs to use.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I just recently finished The Limbo Theorem quest and I can make Limbo if I want to. Not sure if I should. I'm currently releveling my Oberon after putting in a Forma and I heard that Limbo's one of the more skill-based WFs to use.

It's not too bad. be mindful of other players when sending things into the rift and don't lock tiles down on fast runs.

Limbo requires a lot of etiquette and awareness of his mechanics work.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Limbo is my preferred frame for Spy missions. Max range to destroy every camera on the planet with his 4, walk through laser tripwires in the rift, collect your rewards. Granted, I don’t use him for (or run in general) endgame content like sorties/arbitrations, (but that’s more a factor of me being lazy and using ciphers) but he worked a treat for the 8,000 spy missions I ran to farm Ivara.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Limbo is one of the most niche frames but within that niche he is quite literally the best. If you need to defend a single point, or even a moving target that can be targeted with abilities, he makes everything cake.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    So I spent like an hour and a half trying to do a recovered nightwave challenge that requires the player to do a level 30+ exterminate mission with no alarms. I was trying one of the Grineer ones on Sedna with a silenced weapon. I kept getting up to just about finishing and then I'd run into either a pair of the nightwave zealaots that would mess things up or I'd miss a runner or something.

Anyway if anyone else needs to do this you can just do the exterminate mission in the void on oxomoc since there aren't any alarms. I figured I'd mention it since I was getting pretty frustrated.

It's cool that you can recover challenges though, it really helps out folks like me that couldn't reasonably do them earlier.

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Oxomoco worked when that challenge was last up

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    They definitely listened to feedback from the first Nightwave. This one has been so much more relaxed and I don't feel like I'm burning out just trying to keep up. Only one I keep recovering is the no points index one that I just don't feel like doing.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    They definitely listened to feedback from the first Nightwave. This one has been so much more relaxed and I don't feel like I'm burning out just trying to keep up. Only one I keep recovering is the no points index one that I just don't feel like doing.

Yeah I keep recovering the Gild an Item one and I'm like... I don't care? I don't want to grind for the rep and grind the item and bleeeeh. I didn't THINK I was gonna do the Forma one, but then I got it into my head that I was going to dump forma into my Twin Grakatas for funsies.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Rhino prime parts all in the oven now, in a few days when it's all done that'll be my first prime frame, I'm excited!

mccart on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    mccart wrote: »
    Rhino prime parts all in the oven now, in a few days when it's all done that'll be my first prime frame, I'm excited!

It’s a great first prime that’s good in basically everything except stealth missions

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

It’s a great first prime that’s good in basically everything except stealth missions

He's as good as any other frame. Run to final console as fast as possible ignoring alarms, use cipher, done!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Lemme know if you want the rhino augments, I think I have some extras.

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »

He's as good as any other frame. Run to final console as fast as possible ignoring alarms, use cipher, done!

I think last night an MR6 Rhino tried to do this... during a sortie.

Not sure why I decided to pub a round 1 spy yesterday, but it went about as well as I thought it would. Also interesting that people do use the alarm landing craft.

• Options
    Kinda think that adding pearls for kills has actually made the alert worse, in that it added needless competition to the game. like, really annoying having someone follow around and steal kills.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Kinda think that adding pearls for kills has actually made the alert worse, in that it added needless competition to the game. like, really annoying having someone follow around and steal kills.

This is why I stand by my play it solo, get a single kill, and then hide in the floof wagon watching netflix until the round ends strategy

• Options
    I'm... almost to that point.

Host has massive advantage in this too.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Instead of 1 pearl per 1 kill, it should be 1 pearl every time 4 enemies that you contributed any amount of damage to dies. That will come out to roughly the same amount of pearls, but encourages teamwork instead of competition.

The nightwave challenges that have kill counters should also work this way.

It is baffling to me that co-op games still haven't figured this out yet, in this, the year of our Lord, 2019.

Ivan Hunger on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Instead of 1 pearl per 1 kill, it should be 1 pearl every time time 4 enemies that you contributed any amount of damage to dies. That will come out to roughly the same amount of pearls, but encourages teamwork instead of competition.

The nightwave challenges that have kill counters should also work this way.

It is baffling to me that co-op games still haven't figured this out yet, in this, the year of our Lord, 2019.

Honestly? Just give a pearl for every kill. So you get 50+ the total number of kills in the match.

As for the nightwave kill counts eh, I get all of those done solo anyways.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Honestly? Just give a pearl for every kill. So you get 50+ the total number of kills in the match.

That will only encourage leeching, which is the problem the pearl per kill patch was trying to fix in the first place. It just replaced that problem with another one.

Changing it to pearl per assist still encourages active engagement without creating unintended competition.

• Options

That will only encourage leeching, which is the problem the pearl per kill patch was trying to fix in the first place. It just replaced that problem with another one.

Changing it to pearl per assist still encourages active engagement without creating unintended competition.

the game also tracks assists already, and this is the one gametype wherein assists are a thing that could happen reasonably often.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019

This is why I stand by my play it solo, get a single kill, and then hide in the floof wagon watching netflix until the round ends strategy

I just collected enough to get Acid Shells for my neglected old Sobek, using this method. Thank you.

For me, this whole water fight thing wore out its welcome even before I completed the four reward levels. Maybe other tennos enjoyed it, but it wasn’t for me.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Looks like an easy week for nightwave.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Yeah, I managed to knock out both 7K challenges last night and I'm a scrub.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    /trying to explain Ballas to one of my Tenno Protegees

I think Ballas' character can be entirely summed up as:

Ballas: /does something
    Thing: /backfires spectacularly
    Ballas: /surprised Pikachu face

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    also, he's an asshole.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Really ought to go back through the various Prime trailers, I know Mirage definitely had its tone changed post-Sacrifice.

Orokin: no sense of right and wrong

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    So hope next prime we get is Nezha, since he's my jam! I'm strongly considering making that my umbra forma target, though I wonder if maybe I should just hold out for Nidus since that's a frame that better takes advantage of triple umbral mods (Nezha really doesn't need the health, with how his shield works). Recently sunk some forma in to my Mirage Prime for fun and Leyzar has an amusing umbral setup that gets more damage than Chroma, though you have to light yourself on fire for high damage Eidolon hunting (lol).

This discussion has been closed.