As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Blasphemous, Greedfall, Unrailed EA & PesterQuest out today!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Anyone who has enjoyed Slay the Spire or similar should be checking out Dicey Dungeons right now

It's maybe a bit simpler to understand, but it revolves around a very similar structure and absolutely rules

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Also that's a great name, Dicey Dungeons.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Anyone who has enjoyed Slay the Spire or similar should be checking out Dicey Dungeons right now

It's maybe a bit simpler to understand, but it revolves around a very similar structure and absolutely rules

It definitely tickles the same brain parts that reward the thought "Oh, this character is bullshit" followed fifteen minutes later by "Oh, this character is broken and overpowered" that Slay the Spire and Into the Breach satisfied.

I'm slightly troubled by the fact that it doesn't have a bunch of nigh-impossible achievements for me to chase, but I haven't unlocked the episodes yet. So who knows!

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular

Apparently they're showing it at Gamescom!

Those screenshots are stunning

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

yeah I reallllllly liked everspace

so I'm hoping this keeps some of that formula and expands it even more

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »

It definitely tickles the same brain parts that reward the thought "Oh, this character is bullshit" followed fifteen minutes later by "Oh, this character is broken and overpowered" that Slay the Spire and Into the Breach satisfied.

I'm slightly troubled by the fact that it doesn't have a bunch of nigh-impossible achievements for me to chase, but I haven't unlocked the episodes yet. So who knows!

Oh it does have those, don't worry, they're just a bit hidden

I just got the "Do 20 damage in a single turn with the dagger" last night

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Excellent. I was worried I was going to have to be productive for a while there.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    https://youtu.be/TxKPyJc_2ks

Formerly Switch-exclusive No More Heroes spinoff Travis Strikes Again is coming to Steam in October: https://store.steampowered.com/app/961490/Travis_Strikes_Again_No_More_Heroes_Complete_Edition/

It includes both DLC packs as well, adding new stages and two new playable characters. AFAIK this is the first in the series to come to PC.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

The one with the satellite(?) almost looks like that 70s sci-fi cover aesthetic that I crave

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Korn is a band that I have a lot of nostalgia for, but more than that, they are legitimately talented musicians who were pioneers in their genre, and a lot of their songs are really good! If they're to your taste. As mentioned earlier, they were also one of the few bands in a notoriously toxic, macho genre that wrote songs about things like child abuse, depression, etc. I really felt like they were one of the few bands who actually felt the thing they were singing about, at least until Twisted Transistor or so.

I saw them with Ten Years and Mudvayne at the Arco Arena in Sacramento when I was like 16 and it was an AMAZING show. Ten Years was actually the surprise of the night, they were unbelievable. Mudvayne was ok, which was kinda disappointing cuz I'd always heard they do great live shows, but Korn was legit one of the best live bands I've ever seen, for whatever that's worth.

But then I'm like a huge mark for that exact era of alt rock or whatever. Disturbed is another one of those bands that feels very earnest, like David Draiman is a very thoughtful and articulate person.

Wait fuck this is the pc games thread huh.

Well... I typed it all out, sooooo....

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Wait fuck this is the pc games thread huh.

Well... I typed it all out, sooooo....
    No, this is good and useful, now I'm gonna listen to some Korn at work on Monday.

• Options
    I enjoyed some Korn when they were big. I was the right age, too

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Dicey Dungeons looks right up my alley but I'm holding off for now in the hope that it will eventually land on Switch and/or ios

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    So I'm playing through Diablo 3 for the first time (yeah I tend to get games many years after release, when they're nice and cheap and my computer can typically run them with all settings to "maximum pretty"), and this Zultan Kulle guy seems just a teensy bit shifty to me...
    It might have something to do with the demonic voice and evil laughter, and his plan to build a soul stone to contain all the power of the gods and the demons, and let him wield it exclusively.
    I can trust him, right?

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    He's chill.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Yeah all the bad guys in Diablo 3 are more subtle than that they don't make it obvious who they are or announce their presence every five minutes to rant at you or anything.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    Yeah all the bad guys in Diablo 3 are more subtle than that they don't make it obvious who they are or announce their presence every five minutes to rant at you or anything.

Kulle is the only one who does it enjoyably though

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Kulle had the right idea and should've been the hero of the story.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Man me and my husband should play some more Diablo 2. We have it on our laptops. Amazon/Barb or maybe swap her out for the sorceress...

• Options
    Man me and my husband should play some more Diablo 2. We have it on our laptops. Amazon/Barb or maybe swap her out for the sorceress...

I

uh

started a sorceress a few days ago. Still too squishy for nightmare meph runs (merc can't tank for shit), but I'm getting there. Diablo 2 is so goddamn good!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The Crusader Kings II tutorial seems kind of really bad.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    A new Diablo 3 Season starts next Friday. They're patching stuff, some balance changes, the new season will have buff circles to stand in. But most importantly, everyone starts fresh and goes for the push.

It's always a fun time to rejoin.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I finally started playing Dicey Dungeons and eventually lost the first game and unlocked the Thief which seems to give you a random ability of your opponent. So I was fighting an alchemist who had a bear potion, which meant I had a bear potion and got a chance to activate it and turned into a bear, changing all my skils for what I presumed was the match.

Nope, now I'm just a bear the rest of the game.

I just did the same thing, and Bear was like easy mode compared to Thief. Thank goodness.

So, wins with Warrior and Thief? Bear? Uh, whatever that game ended up counting as.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    The Crusader Kings II tutorial seems kind of really bad.

Yeah, you really need to watch a beginner's guide or something on YouTube. It wasn't great at release and they've added so much since then that it's almost useless

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    A new Diablo 3 Season starts next Friday. They're patching stuff, some balance changes, the new season will have buff circles to stand in. But most importantly, everyone starts fresh and goes for the push.

It's always a fun time to rejoin.

playing D2 made me consider doing the new D3 season with a hc character

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »

I'm still wandering around his archives or whatever, and there is nothing so far to suggest that "steal all the power of heaven and hell, use it to destroy every angel and demon ever, and rule over humanity" is a good idea...

• Options
    Also holy shit this is only act 2 and I'm already level 54. I guess the level cap is super fucking high in this game, no?

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Level cap is 70.

but once you are at 70 there is a whole lot of gear/build options that open up

edit:

Like in seasonal play, for most people hitting 70 is step 1 before real play even begins

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    oh I have rarely bounced off a game harder than I bounced off of Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    No Man's Sky VR Update:

Brought home my library Windows Mixed Reality set. It works but the game has no default control scheme for the WMR controllers. Luckily Steam has this built in thing where other people post in the menu different bindings that you can use. Got one that works pretty good.

I turned on smooth movement and turnings and rebound the tumbsticks to move and look, which were not before this. This game is pretty neat in VR. It is a bit janky but a good starting point. I had to restart twice because I wasn't clear on what the analyze button was in the inventory and accidentally destroyed the map that leads you to the hermatic seal at the start.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'm quite enjoying my time with RGO.

It's a simple Privateer game that goes for aesthetics. Which does worsen the UI. The autolock takes getting used to. Basically you can autotrack an enemy, and then have to finetune your shotleading.

I don't think it's very long... and I'm ok with that. The original game had way too much grind. This will end right around when I'm done with it.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I watched the GB quick look for Rebel Galaxy and it was giving me some serious Freelancer vibes

So I reinstalled Freelancer and I was ok with just playing Freelancer for a while

I'll probably pick Rebel Galaxy up at some point in the future, maybe when it's on PS4, but I think I'm good for now

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »

I'm still wandering around his archives or whatever, and there is nothing so far to suggest that "steal all the power of heaven and hell, use it to destroy every angel and demon ever, and rule over humanity" is a good idea...

thow off the shackles of your masters

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Also holy shit this is only act 2 and I'm already level 54. I guess the level cap is super fucking high in this game, no?

It's been a while since I played D3, but that sounds like you're leveling very fast. Last I played it took most of/a bit more than a full playthrough to hit level 70.

Or you could group up with someone already at 70 and reach it in about an hour.

• Options
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    I watched the GB quick look for Rebel Galaxy and it was giving me some serious Freelancer vibes

So I reinstalled Freelancer and I was ok with just playing Freelancer for a while

I'll probably pick Rebel Galaxy up at some point in the future, maybe when it's on PS4, but I think I'm good for now

Man, Freelancer

loved that game. Barely got into any of the story, just flying around, doing shit, discovering space

It's not available digitally, is it?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Level scaling on enemies in Diablo 3 changed so that on a higher difficulty you'll hit level cap very quickly

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

It's been a while since I played D3, but that sounds like you're leveling very fast. Last I played it took most of/a bit more than a full playthrough to hit level 70.

Or you could group up with someone already at 70 and reach it in about an hour.

This is true, but also, it's Diablo, if you are having fun and the numbers are going up...frankly everything is working. There is certainly optimization possible but D3 is frankly stardew valley levels of "do what you like, it's all good, we will never really punish a choice" which is cool!

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Rebel Galaxy is good, buy it you heathens (or wait forever for it to come to Steam).

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Diarmuid wrote: »

Man, Freelancer

loved that game. Barely got into any of the story, just flying around, doing shit, discovering space

It's not available digitally, is it?

I don't think so, I still have my old disc from way back.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I played Anodyne 2. It has a larger focus on narrative than I had initially expected, but it was pretty good. I think the first game might have had a plot, but I don't remember it at all.

It has some cool and weird moments and I recommend it, but maybe play it without knowing too much about it in advance.

This discussion has been closed.