Options

[FFRK] Maintenance 8/13 when you sleep 8/14 when you wake

19495969798100»

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    @lionheart_m if you have Seph AASB you can easily sub-30 Madeen. He hits like an absolute truck.

He isn't capping with Imperil, mUSB and Bard Songs. I have like 70 Magia on him and Crystal Water and it still wasn't enough.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Getting closer on earth weak. I was going USB1>Enearth>AASB but going Enarth>USB1>AASB is much smarter.
    Sadly I think this is going to be down to doublecast/8 hitvs 2 hit luck.

Oh also TYRO AASB can't break cap in phase 3 at all. heh.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Not that that would do much, right? From what I saw, looks like he dispels his rages when starting that phase.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    TYRO AASB? Yeah, it isn't to dispel rage its to have tyro do something of value to try and kill him before he elemental drives you to death. See Earth weak hits you with -5 hones on all skills so that's fun. Although this time I managed to make it to Savage Zantetsuken 2. So I was going to die next turn anyways.

Everyone now has an Earth Artifact. Going to magia farm to max and see if that helps. More magia. Bartz only has 512 magia and its not enough!

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Odin always gets to do all three elemental drives, in my experience, so you have to have a plan for dealing with that. Obviously, it gets easier as you get more clears, because you have more omni-resist accessories to help with that garbage. Also, stacking enough things that boost your healing so that you can instant medica for 9999 helps a lot, too.
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Bartz only has 512 magia and its not enough!

That is way overkill IMO, use that respec function.
    shit, now I'm wondering. Guys what do you suggest for Madeen Inheritance? I've been following InflamaraeEX's guide but I'm not sure I want Madeens with Wards when I've got Famfrit over here. Any suggestions?

Depends how comfortable you are with farming Madeen clears, and how you've been building your other magicite - there are a ton of good ways to use them. I think I'm up to five or maybe six different Madeens now. Top picks are ATK/ATK and MAG/MAG. My sleeper pick is MND/Healing, I built that recently and it's made a HUGE difference in healing output, which is relevant for top-end fights these days.

Other good ones include ATK/MAG, HP/HP, Blade/Blade, Spell/Spell, Blade/Spell, Crit Chance/Crit Chance, Crit Damage/Crit Damage. Cast Speed/something (probably HP) is a decent second or third Madeen for mage teams after MAG/MAG. Obviously you don't need all...eleven?...I've listed here, just build the ones that fit into your teams as you need them.

Fry on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Well I used all my megalixers crystal water notes rainbow crystals etc and earth weak Odin still laughs at me. Either I break rage with AASB and live to die powerless in phase three or I save AASB for later and die to lightning Zanokuken and follow up attacks in rage that hit for 5k x 2. I probably need and AOSB for bartz or rydia. Rydia crappy OSB didn’t even break rage three.

I have ingus radiant shield but I don’t know if that is worth swapping out rydia. If only he had an imperil Sb.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Adamantoise down in 26.88 on the first try, but it was still touch and go around the first two Whomp attacks. Luckily my magic wind team is pretty stacked and I was w-casting all over the place (there was one turn where very single party member w-casted, even Y'shtola).

Team:
    OK - Shellga/Tornado, mUSB, DMT, LM2/LMR
    Ultimecia - Dispel/Tornado, bUSB, +30% Weakness DMG, LM1/LM2
    Alphinaud - Protectga/Dark Valefor, CSB/bUSB, MM, LM1/LM2
    Axel - Stitch in Time/Meltdown, AASB, +30% Wind DMG, LM1/LM2
    Y'shtola - Curada, USB2, Gathering Storm, LM1/LM2

RW - Wall
    Magicite - Syldra

I could probably cut that down below 25s pretty easily since there was some big mistakes (Ultimecia used her level 2 bravery instead of level 3, and Alphinaud's chain ended early because I tried to get fancy with his bUSB). The dispel doesn't hurt too badly - OK gets back just enough meter to immediately drop his mUSB again.

But screw it! Only Ark left before it's time to bash my head against Odin. I could also try sub-30ing the remaining 5* magicites I haven't gotten that for yet (Quetzalcoatl and Geosgaeno), but I don't really need to out of anything besides general principle.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Daily hit: minfilia buff duration LMR.

potentially useful for juggling her USB and SSB, I guess

• Options
    I guess I could also make the 5 hit earth spellblade. Its multiplier is lower but maybe I can use it when rage is expected to be down.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I am amazed an OSB with chain failed to break rage 3, dang. Does Rydia have an Earth artifact and an Earth armor?

I got good use out of the 5 hit Earth spellblade in my clear, Bartz capped easily when rage was low so it's a straight 25% increase over the other one.

If you haven't already, try honing abilities to R5 on your characters with awakenings, to take advantage of the rank boost. It's a bit pricy for 6* abilities, but you probably have plenty of orbs to hone your Titans, for instance

This discussion has been closed.