As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Equifax Consumer Information Leak and You (Updated 2019-07-25)

13»

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Just got an email to verify that I have credit monitoring from another source. They are definitely trying to weed out some claims for cash. Well, I have credit monitoring from like five different sources, three of which are because of other company breaches.

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Just got an email to verify that I have credit monitoring from another source. They are definitely trying to weed out some claims for cash. Well, I have credit monitoring from like five different sources, three of which are because of other company breaches.

Same. I just came in here to report this as well.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Did they ever pay a dime for their malfeasance?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

They had to buy utterly useless ID Theft protection policies for a whole lot of people. So.. kinda?

Except that does virtually nothing to solve what happened.

They should have been burned to the ground and then the entire industry nationalized (which it arguably should have always been) but no, this was never more than a hiccup for them.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Heffling wrote: »

It’s in appellate court right now as a few groups have appealed the settlement because it amounts to like 7 bucks a person.Even though it looks like a big number.

zepherin on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure if any of you started getting emails about claims. I didn't input a monitoring service because I have it from the OPM breach. I may update my claim.
    9jowc3j8flak.png

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    I, just now, got an email from info@equifaxbreachsettlement.com

Is this legit? They're gonna send me my $2, 5 years later, or whatever?

I can't figure out how to check what address they have on file for me. I guess knowing that is kinda their job, but I'd still like to confirm it

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »

I can't figure out how to check what address they have on file for me. I guess knowing that is kinda their job, but I'd still like to confirm it

I don't know if it's legit, but there is a session under "contact administrator->secure form" to update your address

kind of fucked that this isn't front and center since it's been so long
    I've moved three times since I filled that shit out!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

same here

can't wait for all that sweet sweet cash

I may buy a bottle of filtered 7 11 water or perhaps a single apple! The world is my oyster [oysters are too expensive] single hard-boiled egg from Wawa!

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    $12 baby!

Love our justice system!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

same here

can't wait for all that sweet sweet cash

I may buy a bottle of filtered 7 11 water or perhaps a single apple! The world is my oyster [oysters are too expensive] single hard-boiled egg from Wawa!

I hope you invested in that egg while it was still affordable.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I got 22.82. Look out, the 1%, here I come