As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Armor 2.0: Stats All, Folks! Shadowkeep Drops Oct. 1

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Idk the Recluse is still beastly even without the perk up. I find it actually helps to ADS to make the shots line up.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Probably isn’t helping I’m still trying to finish revoker so I’m sniping

Getting better with it but up to 7 losses in a row. Went from terrible to just not great.

Did clutch a 4v1 countdown round with it so I get it

I just can’t win 1v1s with it naturally

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Also be wary the people making posts about how good any smg is, because they are a entirely different beast on PC. You can just hipfire them with near perfect accuracy there.

Recluse is still bonkers though. The last competitive match I played last night was a guy carrying his 4-stack with it, their score board from worst to bear was 7-8-8-23. I’d be trading shots with 2-3 enemies and he’d just roll through and wipe my 3 teammates solo.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I hate SMG's on PC so much

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    The distances people on PC can get kills with the Last Word at are fucking ridiculous.

• Options
    BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Can anyone on PS4 help me with the final part of Whisper of the Worm and Outbreak Perfected? I also need to do the three raids for the MMXIX title. Still working on Bad JuJu and The Shattered Throne... then I am finished.

47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Aaaaaaand Petra's Run is done! Phew! We wiped on Shuro when she spawned inside someone (dumb), we wiped on Morgoth as a result of a player error, wiped on Vault due to architect dumbness, and then our fourth run was completely smooth. Even got the Sparrow during that run to finish the badge! Just need to knock out Thunderstruck and I'm a Rivensbane too

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Recluse is growing on me. So is OEM. The combo is insane when it clicks. I find myself poking with recluse and trading a bit of damage then marking them and depending on range either sniping them to finish or reclusing

Then I’m a wrecking ball for a bit. Definitely allows for some insane plays in comp but I also over extend myself after a pick tryin to wipe the team with recluse

616610-1.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Shooting up a flare for a Strange Terrain Nightfall run at 3PM-EST on the XB1. If anyone is like me and needs the NF-complete for the Mars Challenge banner and/or the Breytech Osprey, give me a shout.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Sniper/recluse is combo that gives me trouble because it's so easy for someone to get a sniper kill and swap to recluse and for me to push them without realizing it. I don't think everyone uses the "get a kill and swap" feature of the gun well but snipers seem to.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Sniper/recluse is combo that gives me trouble because it's so easy for someone to get a sniper kill and swap to recluse and for me to push them without realizing it. I don't think everyone uses the "get a kill and swap" feature of the gun well but snipers seem to.

I prefer pairing it with Arbalest. Feels a bit more forgiving than a sniper rifle at shorter ranges.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    I would love to pair recluse with a fusion, but yeah. Really need an exotic flechette rifle or even just a legendary category for them. It sucks that a whole weapon type is locked out of a slot for in-game lore reasons

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I’m in a bit of a friendly competition with some guys to get to a 77 win steak in QP. On the one hand, I’m jealous they got to a much closer number than me. On the other hand...

TR5Zgz7_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

:lol:

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

I prefer pairing it with Arbalest. Feels a bit more forgiving than a sniper rifle at shorter ranges.
    Ohhh that sounds interesting. Arbalest hip fire and swap to clean up with recluse or just head shots at range.

I still need 50 snipe kills for revoker so I’m sticking sniper until then but this sounds fun. Shotty reckuse also sounds like a CQ demon

616610-1.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I don't understand how you're supposed to carry a clash match. I can handle control, keep two zones and slay when you can, but I haven't cracked clash. If your blewbs are committed to feeding I don't know how to slay hard enough for the win.

Peen on
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I finished the Forsaken campaign last night.

The final baron fight was crazy hard. Tons of spawns and environmental effects in a super-tiny walled-in room. Maybe there’s a way to do it easily, but I only managed to get through it by sheer stubbornness, with over 20 attempts. I can see why the trophy for passing that fight is sitting at only 14.5% completion on PSN.

By contrast the final fight was a lot more manageable, mostly because there was a bit more space to move around and find a decent position and/or a “safe” (ish) spot to catch one’s breath! I was kinda disappointed to find that the final rewards for the campaign didn’t scale to the difficulty. When the fight is scaled up to my power level, I would think that the reward would scale as well. Alas, a fight with a recommended power level 748 rewarded me with a couple of 500 power weapons. I was tempted just to destroy them immediately out of spite, but knowing Bungie, they are required for some follow-on quest.

Completing that campaign unlocked the Black Armory, and gave me a two follow-on quests - More new stuff for me to explore! I also was handed a bunch of lore books about Gambit. I understand that they didn’t want to gateway too much expansion content, but you would think that giving out backstory about an entire game mode would be tied to paying that game mode and not presented as a reward for a completely different part of gameplay. Very confusing presentation! I mean I guess the expectation is that players are going to “rush” the campaign before they do anything else? Seems like an odd assumption for a semi-open world game like Destiny. I sure hope that the next expansion is treated more like an MMO design and less linear in nature.

26904.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    You should always start with campaigns, yes. Giant amounts of the game are buried behind game completion, including your sparrow and the tower behind the original game campaign.

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Also a bit funny when you cross save, it shows you as your home platform in games on other platforms, so my PC crucible history is a PSN account playing with Battle.net tags.

You also have to log into DIM with the home platform, so I have to go to my PSN to use DIM while logged in on PC.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    lakhesis wrote: »
    lakhesis wrote: »
    The guy who does the Destiny Emblem wallpaper posts over on Reddit opened up for commissions on clan banner mobile wallpapers. I thought it sounded cool, so I took him up on it. He delivered the final product this afternoon and I wanted to share it with everyone.

Spoilered for ginormous:
    oa1uzcor6giw.jpg

Please enjoy!

This is seriously cool, thanks for sharing!

I’m happy to. Silentwalker__'s work is fantastic, and the opportunity to get the clan banner done was too good to pass up.

@GMaster7 - would the wallpaper be a good candidate to add to thread OPs?

Was afk this weekend and am just seeing this now - very cool! Thanks you, @lakhesis! I'll see about adding it to thread OPs as a spoilered image.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    lakhesislakhesis Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Was afk this weekend and am just seeing this now - very cool! Thanks you, @lakhesis! I'll see about adding it to thread OPs as a spoilered image.

No worries - I was afk *except* for the five minutes it took to post it here and respond once or twice. I knew I wasn't gonna be around much, so I wanted to be sure the post didn't slide off into the mists shores of time.

lakhesis on
    PSN: strangerfork
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    By contrast the final fight was a lot more manageable, mostly because there was a bit more space to move around and find a decent position and/or a “safe” (ish) spot to catch one’s breath! I was kinda disappointed to find that the final rewards for the campaign didn’t scale to the difficulty. When the fight is scaled up to my power level, I would think that the reward would scale as well. Alas, a fight with a recommended power level 748 rewarded me with a couple of 500 power weapons. I was tempted just to destroy them immediately out of spite, but knowing Bungie, they are required for some follow-on quest.

Has this ever happened? The only thing I can think of is needing Rose for Lumina, but that can always be pulled from your Collection if you destroy it.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »

Has this ever happened? The only thing I can think of is needing Rose for Lumina, but that can always be pulled from your Collection if you destroy it.

In D1 if you saved your original Khvostov from the first mission of the game it gave you a shortcut on the Khvostov quest when they brought it back as an exotic. I think there was another one that worked similarly (if you dismantled it) but which one it is escapes my memory. Either way it was just a neat little thing to speed up the process not something that was required.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Running around shoulder charging people is still really fun and we've wrapped back around to a point that people don't expect it so you can get away with it way more. Good times.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/JoAqcAotGBw

One of my favorite moments from our Lockdown games last night

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Gah, I keep forgetting to send my uploads to Youtube, but I suppose here is my favorite moment of our shenanigans last night, in which I kite a Dawnblade and drop him with a ricochet hammer-throw.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/Zombie Gandhi/video/79027502

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    What the what?! Why the fuck didn't I get a Notorious Helm for finishing the weekly bounty? I was making the T3 doodads for it! Fuck you, game! Seriously, did I miss something obvious here? I have a full set of Notorious Invader, except the helm, and I just finished that bounty for the week.

*sigh* So now that I'm reading fucking Reddit and nothing in the game about this, you need to do that helm bounty three times to unlock the T3 version? I'm so fucking annoyed, this is literally not described in the game, in the bounty, at Drifter. This might be the most pissed off I've ever been at Destiny/Bungie, and I've been playing since month 1 of Destiny.

Fawst on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Fawst wrote: »
    What the what?! Why the fuck didn't I get a Notorious Helm for finishing the weekly bounty? I was making the T3 doodads for it! Fuck you, game! Seriously, did I miss something obvious here? I have a full set of Notorious Invader, except the helm, and I just finished that bounty for the week.

Do you have to two lower versions of the Invader Helm (Illicit/Outlaw)? The bounty awards you the next one of that type you don't already have unlocked.

It is super poorly signposted.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular

Do you have to two lower versions of the Invader Helm? The bounty awards you the next one of that type you don't already have unlocked.

It is super poorly signposted not explain in-game in any way, shape or form.

;)

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
  • Options
    Yeah, I must have already had an Illicit unlocked, because I got Outlawed. Woohoo, get to do this again! :rotate: At least next week tomorrow is the Shade and not the Knights.

• Options
    DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular
    Yeah, I must have already had an Illicit unlocked, because I got Outlawed. Woohoo, get to do this again! :rotate: At least next week tomorrow is the Shade and not the Knights.

I think you can only do one helmet bounty a week...? At least, I recall hearing something to that effect.

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

I think you can only do one helmet bounty a week...? At least, I recall hearing something to that effect.

I think the issue is because of that progression you can only advance each path once a week via bounties.

Also at least Fawst found this out this Monday instead of next Monday. That would be heart breaking.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Yeah, that ... would have been a kick in the nuts. Then again, I still need a Crown clear, and 7 more BA frames. Plus the Prime win after I get the helmet. Meh.

• Options
    Speaking of... Hey Xbox raid people, I need a Scourge and Crown run for this title if anyone could sub me in. I can probably LFG it but I.... Don't... Want to.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So I'm working on HC headshots in Comp for Luna's

Subtle Calamity + Austringer has been a solid combo... for teammates to steal my kills!! But also for headshots

I almost want to wear HC swapping boots, but I don't know if I could live without Traction

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options

Subtle Calamity + Austringer has been a solid combo... for teammates to steal my kills!! But also for headshots

I almost want to wear HC swapping boots, but I don't know if I could live without Traction

I routinely swap between Traction and Perpetuation, and while Traction is awesome I don't feel like it dramatically improves my play.

Hands down my favorite Handcannon for getting that step done is Trust. The sight is extra sticky which makes headshots easier.

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Decided to jump (back) in early on Xbox due to the Forsaken Complete reduced price on Xbox

61nonair5idc.png

GT: FyreWulff

thanks cross-save

• Options
    I’m going to try to get together a PS4 run of Last Wish and Scourge of the Past this weekend. Would anyone else (especially with experience, cause I have zero for Scourge and only about half for LW) be interested? And what day would work better?

(I know dodge is in, so we have at least 2)

• Options

I routinely swap between Traction and Perpetuation, and while Traction is awesome I don't feel like it dramatically improves my play.

Hands down my favorite Handcannon for getting that step done is Trust. The sight is extra sticky which makes headshots easier.

I... really don't like Trust. I'm just not a fan of the faster RoF / lower impact handcannons, they feel so ineffective to me. Austringer hits that sweet middle ground for me.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    So you're saying.. you have Trust issues?

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    180s have almost no recoil though. And Trust has a recoil direction stat of 96 which makes any recoil it does have send it straight up. Combine the higher RoF with something like Explosive Payload and you have a monster on your hands. Having been on the receiving end of an Explosive Payload Trust, I can safely say it is VERY DISORIENTING. This thing has been great for me:
    74m9ljxrna4v.png

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)