As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I got the Three Mountains achievement by becoming Shogun as Ryukyu, does that count?

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    @Geth is trying to get me in trouble.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    So little effort.
    I approve.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    you don't have to have good reflexes to be good at fighting games
    like in all things, its not about innate skill, its about practicing for 1-2 hours a day for the rest of your life
    shit its like diet and exercise, its impossible, forget it

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    @credeiki it's really not that hard to be decent at fighting games. The execution aspect is tough but it doesn't take years and years or anything. People who get into a local scene go from "how do I do a hadoken" to semifinal placements within a year sometimes.

They're not significantly more difficult than any other competitive real-time game.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    playing mortal kombat on gameboy until you have deep tissue bruises on your thumbs

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    @SniperGuy

https://scryfall.com/card/eld/3/archon-of-absolution

I've added two of these to my deck already, might add more.

Absolutely flummoxed some people today with it and I expect it's going to be -super annoying- for most players to deal with.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    like in all things, its not about innate skill, its about practicing for 1-2 hours a day for the rest of your life
    Look, I practice shitposting on [chat] every day for 1-2 hours, and I'm still no good at it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Look, I practice shitposting on [chat] every day for 1-2 hours, and I'm still no good at it.

Are there real-money tournaments for this yet?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

It's because deep down you're a good person Hahnsoo, you need to be a real shit berg to have a posting record like I do.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    @SniperGuy

Absolutely flummoxed some people today with it and I expect it's going to be -super annoying- for most players to deal with.

That looks like a nightmare card. I made 4 okos and 4 golden geese and have been tinkering with that token deck. It's fun but I need more removal I think. Tons of people doing the red calamity deck.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Pull back the shot. There's always another watcher

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Hmm Yuan or Qing?

Backwards or Forwards?

Geth, roll 1d2

1d2 2 [1d2=2]

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Hmm Yuan or Qing?

Backwards or Forwards?

Geth, roll 1d2

But Yuan run is really fun!

Im assuming EU4 heh.

• Options
    did the old death and taxes type cards rotate out or did they make that archetype better for standard

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I think my favourite "crazy video gaming skill" is that Dishonoured shit that one dude pulled. Like, elaborate, 58-move runs through a level where he'd shoot an arrow in the air and before it fell (On a dude's head), he'd kill four people, and get three others to kill themselves.

Or whatever.

It was fascinating seeing what kind of horseshit could be pulled in that game.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @credeiki it's really not that hard to be decent at fighting games. The execution aspect is tough but it doesn't take years and years or anything. People who get into a local scene go from "how do I do a hadoken" to semifinal placements within a year sometimes.

They're not significantly more difficult than any other competitive real-time game.

What if you did not grow up at a console and struggle a little bit with controllers instead of kbam?
    What if you are someone who has practiced a different game assiduously for 5 years and are still terrible at it???

(...I lost 3 games of LoL last night just as I’m trying so hard to push to plat and it’s making me so sad)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    credeiki it's really not that hard to be decent at fighting games. The execution aspect is tough but it doesn't take years and years or anything. People who get into a local scene go from "how do I do a hadoken" to semifinal placements within a year sometimes.

But what if all I can do is spam fireballs?

You'll be fine

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    SniperGuy

That looks like a nightmare card. I made 4 okos and 4 golden geese and have been tinkering with that token deck. It's fun but I need more removal I think. Tons of people doing the red calamity deck.

It and Hushbringer might be the only cards I really add to my white/black health gain deck.

• Options
    we're closing in on the time for our honorary david s pumpkins memorial chat

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    A smart person would not play more games of ranked LoL tonight after being mentally exhausted from full day of meetings and physically exhausted from the climbing gym and tilted from losing yesterday

...someone log on tonight and force me to play non-ranked so I don’t lose more...

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy

@trace @SniperGuy

I've found that Arena players have trouble with pillowfort effects in general. I can't tell you the number of times I've cast Forboding Spirit and watched my opponent keep clicking and unclicking his creatures on his attack phase like he's confused.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    A smart person would not play more games of ranked LoL tonight after being mentally exhausted from full day of meetings and physically exhausted from the climbing gym and tilted from losing yesterday

...someone log on tonight and force me to play non-ranked so I don’t lose more...

Play the new magic set instead

This is a sensible financial decision

• Options
    I wish there were a fighting game I liked out right now

I bought Samsho and played a fun lobby with my friend but I haven't touched it again

I could try SF5 again but...

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    So excited to get home and beat randos to death with fairy tales.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

I'm so hungry for Food tokens

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

It's because deep down you're a good person Hahnsoo, you need to be a real shit berg to have a posting record like I do.

So you're saying I don't have the passion for it? I guess that's true...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    wait

I told geth to give it to preacher

false chat

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I wish there were a fighting game I liked out right now

I bought Samsho and played a fun lobby with my friend but I haven't touched it again

I could try SF5 again but...
    sam sho is good but the online sucks but my brother bought it so maybe I should actually play it again
    don't let SFV hurt you again even though everyone seems pretty happy with the latest 3 characters

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I think my favourite "crazy video gaming skill" is that Dishonoured shit that one dude pulled. Like, elaborate, 58-move runs through a level where he'd shoot an arrow in the air and before it fell (On a dude's head), he'd kill four people, and get three others to kill themselves.

Or whatever.

It was fascinating seeing what kind of horseshit could be pulled in that game.
    that was impressive but also that dude does some saw shit IRL

• Options
    Schizophrenia is just ghosts spamming your twitch chat

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

I’ve never gotten into magic cards. I can absolutely see the appeal but/and I know if I played I would need to be obsessive about it, so I’ve refrained.

• Options

I’ve never gotten into magic cards. I can absolutely see the appeal but/and I know if I played I would need to be obsessive about it, so I’ve refrained.

Wise

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

I'm so hungry for Food tokens

Lovingly crafting my Knights+Food deck called Medieval Times

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

As far as digital CCGs go its extremely generous

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Blazblue is good fighting game

Guilty Gear is ok fighting game

SFV is okish fighting game

That is all

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man this apology from the Kotaku EiC seems off

• Options