As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Good at Video [chat]s

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Why play Street Fighter 5 when you know that Oko 1UG will just turn them into a puny elk?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Don't run your artifacts out into on-board removal kids

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Left work early since I had a migraine. I took my meds but man I feel like a truck hit me still. Its not great.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    @Organichu

My saga of the dash cam is nearly complete.

I ordered a 15ft USB cable that is power only. Unfortunately, I got the wrong kind of bend, so I'll need to return it. BUT. Testing looks good.

- The unit does warn me that it isn't an authorized power cable. Not sure if I can disable that.
    - The power to the USB ports turns off about 5-10 seconds after I close the door.
    - The power to the USB ports turn ON when I open the door, or maybe when I unlock the car. Still testing.
    - End result -- I'll check the footage timestamps, but I'm fairly certain the camera is off when the car is off. Yay!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Sorry friend

sig.gif
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/xnysiFkFloE

Who wants some gorgeous animation.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Why play Street Fighter 5 when you know that Oko 1UG will just turn them into a puny elk?

Earlier I got vraska, oko, and a dreadhorde out while one of those guys that gets bigger when I make tokens was on the board.

Dreadhorde make token, I get a counter. Oko make food! I get a counter. Vraska eat food, I gain health and draw card.

I managed to win via vraska's ult because I had just such a massive card advantage and was able to keep churning out tokens with my drawn cards. It was great.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Our order fulfillment company shit the bed, like "fired their entire leadership staff" shit the bed, and our orders haven't been going out as a result. It's a clusterfuck and we have no short term option to do anything about it (we even offered to send people to their warehouse and ship the damn things ourselves). The worst part, though, is that our CS people have to deal with the fallout here and emotional abuse from customers when there's nothing they can possibly do about it.

So, like, treat CS people good, alright?

• Options
    milski wrote: »
    Don't run your artifacts out into on-board removal kids

Every time I play cards it just gets hit by removal

Solution: do not play any cards

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/xnysiFkFloE

Who wants some gorgeous animation.

I'm worried about this because previous footage shown (from.... comicon?) was really low frames of animation and it was jarring to watch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    @Arch you're like the bug guy right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNrF0JbDVc8

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Our order fulfillment company shit the bed, like "fired their entire leadership staff" shit the bed, and our orders haven't been going out as a result. It's a clusterfuck and we have no short term option to do anything about it (we even offered to send people to their warehouse and ship the damn things ourselves). The worst part, though, is that our CS people have to deal with the fallout here and emotional abuse from customers when there's nothing they can possibly do about it.

So, like, treat CS people good, alright?

If the CS people would just forward their calls to the order fulfillment company, we wouldn't be having any problems.

I'm almost positive they wouldn't pick up the phones.

These guys are terrible, I'm pretty sure our CEO is looking at how we can ditch them ASAP.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    SFV with a stick is my fighting game nirvana

With Ken Masters don't even @ me

ah yes, the poor man's Ryu

DONT BE HATIN

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

DONT BE HATIN

come back to me when you have a red fireball

I'm sorry what was that easilyavoidablesupers

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    You know what was a great English anime opening?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijs6yJDGm5A
    credeiki wrote: »
    credeiki it's really not that hard to be decent at fighting games. The execution aspect is tough but it doesn't take years and years or anything. People who get into a local scene go from "how do I do a hadoken" to semifinal placements within a year sometimes.

They're not significantly more difficult than any other competitive real-time game.

What if you did not grow up at a console and struggle a little bit with controllers instead of kbam?
    What if you are someone who has practiced a different game assiduously for 5 years and are still terrible at it???

(...I lost 3 games of LoL last night just as I’m trying so hard to push to plat and it’s making me so sad)

LoL is different because it's a team game. It's harder to improve, it's harder to be consistent because your performance depends on others, and it's easy to get rolled by circumstance (stacked enemy teams, one person drops or afks, etc), IMO

also you're obviously not "bad," just because you're not in platinum

I grew up using controllers, but I never used fight sticks and hated them. Then my buddy who was really into Street Fighter convinced me to make the switch to a stick, and I adapted to it over a few months before exceeding my previous ability with a controller. It's just about consistent practice rather than skills embedded from childhood, genuinely.

If you get in a lobby with someone better than you in a fighting game, and just play ten matches, you'll leave having noticeably improved. It's great.

I once played almost a hundred matches in a row with Bizazedo from SE++, just grinding mirror matches, and I think it was like 90 to 6 by the end. He just crushed me. But the next day I annihilated everyone I met in ranked and it was wonderful.

Gold is low elo—it’s def bad. And considering how much investment and effort and thought I put in, it’s just depressing sometimes. (...I will be happy if I cross that line into plat. I did before but only during the time in between ranked seasons when no one is tryharding, so it doesn’t count)

Yeah, the shorter matchups and more focused skill set seem great for building skill in a fighting game; I think that’s part of what makes it seem cool. But the real issue is that I would have to stop playing league and get good at this instead, and I don’t want to do that. (The secondary issue is the controller thing.)

Eep my meeting is in three minutes and I’m still in the metro station and not at the office!

https://www.esportstales.com/league-of-legends/rank-distribution-percentage-of-players-by-tier

according to this gold 1 is the top 22% of players

that's not bad!

credeiki
    I wish there was a special league for players who are somehow worse than when they first started playing.

Couscous on
  • Options

DONT BE HATIN

come back to me when you have a red fireball

I'm sorry what was that easilyavoidablesupers

RED FIREBALL

BEARD

what more do you want?

Flaming dragon punch, loser.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    You know what was a great English anime opening?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijs6yJDGm5A
    credeiki it's really not that hard to be decent at fighting games. The execution aspect is tough but it doesn't take years and years or anything. People who get into a local scene go from "how do I do a hadoken" to semifinal placements within a year sometimes.

They're not significantly more difficult than any other competitive real-time game.

What if you did not grow up at a console and struggle a little bit with controllers instead of kbam?
    What if you are someone who has practiced a different game assiduously for 5 years and are still terrible at it???

(...I lost 3 games of LoL last night just as I’m trying so hard to push to plat and it’s making me so sad)

LoL is different because it's a team game. It's harder to improve, it's harder to be consistent because your performance depends on others, and it's easy to get rolled by circumstance (stacked enemy teams, one person drops or afks, etc), IMO

I grew up using controllers, but I never used fight sticks and hated them. Then my buddy who was really into Street Fighter convinced me to make the switch to a stick, and I adapted to it over a few months before exceeding my previous ability with a controller. It's just about consistent practice rather than skills embedded from childhood, genuinely.

If you get in a lobby with someone better than you in a fighting game, and just play ten matches, you'll leave having noticeably improved. It's great.

I once played almost a hundred matches in a row with Bizazedo from SE++, just grinding mirror matches, and I think it was like 90 to 6 by the end. He just crushed me. But the next day I annihilated everyone I met in ranked and it was wonderful.

Gold is low elo—it’s def bad. And considering how much investment and effort and thought I put in, it’s just depressing sometimes. (...I will be happy if I cross that line into plat. I did before but only during the time in between ranked seasons when no one is tryharding, so it doesn’t count)

Yeah, the shorter matchups and more focused skill set seem great for building skill in a fighting game; I think that’s part of what makes it seem cool. But the real issue is that I would have to stop playing league and get good at this instead, and I don’t want to do that. (The secondary issue is the controller thing.)

Eep my meeting is in three minutes and I’m still in the metro station and not at the office!

https://www.esportstales.com/league-of-legends/rank-distribution-percentage-of-players-by-tier

that's not bad!

credeiki
    I wish there was a special league for players who are somehow worse than when they first started playing.

I used to be plat T-T

Now I’m gold 1-2

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Organichu

My saga of the dash cam is nearly complete.

I ordered a 15ft USB cable that is power only. Unfortunately, I got the wrong kind of bend, so I'll need to return it. BUT. Testing looks good.

- The unit does warn me that it isn't an authorized power cable. Not sure if I can disable that.
    - The power to the USB ports turns off about 5-10 seconds after I close the door.
    - The power to the USB ports turn ON when I open the door, or maybe when I unlock the car. Still testing.
    - End result -- I'll check the footage timestamps, but I'm fairly certain the camera is off when the car is off. Yay!

Well fuck. turns out the authorized cable thing is because my USB ports aren't delivering 2A, so they are complaining about being plugged into a 1A port. I swear, by the time I'm done I am going to need to get the power wiring kit...

Also apparently finding the left-handed bend version of the cable I just bought isn't as easy...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Seeing the Chrome screen time on my phone is extremely cursed knowledge

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Preacher wrote: »
    Every once in a while when I get a youtube recommendation for "here is the ending of this movie explained" I feel better about myself "Christ who needs to have the ending of dog day afternoon explained to them?"

[X] Explained!
    Why [X] Ruins [X]
    Before You Buy [X]
    [Youtuber] Reacts to [X]!

why X ruins X

Why things ruin themselves... EXPLAINED!

spool32 on
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »

My phone thinks Chrome is “Productivity” and that Twitch is “Creativity”

Yes, let’s go with this

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @credeiki it's really not that hard to be decent at fighting games. The execution aspect is tough but it doesn't take years and years or anything. People who get into a local scene go from "how do I do a hadoken" to semifinal placements within a year sometimes.

that's not bad!

@credeiki

It’s not good either :(

...want to play some Jhin/karma some time? I do best with aggressive/constant poke lanes—been having issues with Janna supports and with thresh/shen who are misjudging all ins.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »

My phone thinks Chrome is “Productivity” and that Twitch is “Creativity”

Yes, let’s go with this

I wish I could set it so certain websites counted as productivity and all others counted as a waste of time.

As it is, internet browsers being counted as only one thing just makes it useless.

• Options
    Doing work is a tomorrow activity

Not a today activity

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Oh no. Baby vultures are adorable and sound adorable.

Just so cute huge boys.

Couscous on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Watch Angry YouTube Man spend 20 minutes ranting about “plot holes” because he didn’t pay attention when the thing was clearly explained earlier in the film

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Watch Angry YouTube Man spend 20 minutes ranting about “plot holes” because he didn’t pay attention when the thing was clearly explained earlier in the film

Ahh cinemasins.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »

Watch Angry YouTube Man Misunderstand Things is a $14 billion/year industry

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    @credeiki it's really not that hard to be decent at fighting games. The execution aspect is tough but it doesn't take years and years or anything. People who get into a local scene go from "how do I do a hadoken" to semifinal placements within a year sometimes.

that's not bad!

@credeiki

It’s not good either :(

...want to play some Jhin/karma some time? I do best with aggressive/constant poke lanes—been having issues with Janna supports and with thresh/shen who are misjudging all ins.

Yesss what time are you home

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    I should get a dash cam. But in my heart, I know I won't until after I get in an accident where I need to prove I'm not at fault.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I should get a dash cam. But in my heart, I know I won't until after I get in an accident where I need to prove I'm not at fault.

Most of the time, all you really need are photos of the immediate aftermath of the accident

But people rarely take them, despite having a camera device on their person

• Options

It's fun to capture the idiocy of others too. :D

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I do often wonder how much money I could make by being an angry YouTube man. I mean, I know a lot of people think that way, but I sometimes consider selling my soul in favor of wealth for the doomsday prepper secretly inside of me

Neco on
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    I do often wonder how much money I could make by being an angry YouTube man. I mean, I know a lot of people think that way, but I sometimes consider selling my soul in favor of wealth for the doomsday prepper secretly inside of me

Selling your soul ends up being surprisingly underwhelming unless you're really lucky or have rich parents.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Anyway none of you are as lucrative as David lee Roth’s carpet. It was foretold by gyromancy.

Neco on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I've done it.

I've figured out what the hardest thing is.

The hardest thing is trying to get yourself removed from work email lists that you no longer should be on.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    h5rnooznos4k.png

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    this is kinda wild

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/26/us/carson-king-busch-cuts-ties-beer-posts-trnd/index.html

a guy goes viral on tv and people send a bunch of money to him

he decides to donate that money to a children's hospital, and anheuser-busch jumps on board for the publicity or whatever

a reporter uncovers racist tweets from the guy, the guy gets dropped by a-b

people on twitter find racist tweets from the reporter

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    I call bullshit on The Sounds of Men. No way. No. Way.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    It's really so dang hard to tweet without being racist

This discussion has been closed.