As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    Wow, so many messages! I may have to log back in to Glitter's server and see what's up. Been busy with work this past year and then with holiday craziness and just haven't done any Minecrafting.

@nuka Do a big post! Agree on keeping the same thread, I suspect most of the people who stop by and check on it are the hangers-on from the glorious SE++ servers.

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Options
    Wow, if you are into underwater bases this thing is a goldmine. The up/down bubble columns alone are cool (and actually work for any underground base, not just ocean bases... I think the up bubble column might be fastest way to surface?). The pickle lights and crazy Nautilus thing (the underwater Beacon) are just icing on the cake.

This trident thing is damn intriguing too, although I'm not sure exactly how practical it is for combat.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    which thing is this? are these new vanilla features?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Oh yeah, these are vanilla Java 1.13 adds.

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    A big post for 1.14 would be awesome!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Guess im a admin on the new Underdark server lol

Time for e v e n t s

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    KhepraKhepra Registered User regular
    I haven't played since the server you guys had running in... 1.9? But if something gets running for 1.14, I would definitely check it out, I'm operating at a bit of spare time surplus right now so the distraction would be welcome :]

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Underdark is up and is really neat

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    MirroMirro Registered User regular
    Kind of feeling the itch to play minecraft again.

What's the status on the PA servers and who do I go to get whitelisted? How many are going right now and what versions are they using?

• Options
    I think underdark is still open. @Tybi

• Options
    Ludeman99Ludeman99 Registered User regular
    I hopped in the discord for underdark recently trying to reconnect and also tried loading up the underdark.online:52058 and it shows not responding? are all these convo's moved to the discord now? do we still have an active group playing these days?

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I was on the Underdark a few days ago. If we're gonna have an active player I could probably log on.

• Options
    Ludeman99Ludeman99 Registered User regular
    Yeah just trying to get back in the game. Definitely running into issues getting in to the server. ill try and post out to the discord see if I can figure out where I went wrong

• Options
    chosenofsotekchosenofsotek Registered User regular
    Hey everyone, is the SE++ server still active? I used to play on it years ago and I just got back into Minecraft. I and some friends are looking for a place to play and I always had a good time playing on the SE++ server.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Not in the same way it ran from 2010-2016 or so anyway.

I think some folk like Flamingo are running a smaller underdark server though, right?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the SE server is no longer up, I think.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    chosenofsotekchosenofsotek Registered User regular
    That's too bad. I'l check out the Underdark server then!

• Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    Sadly, the main SE++ server has been retired. I miss you all.

• Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    h2ak91ah6dgy.jpg

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So my wife wants to play Minecraft again. We use to play on a private server with a friend but we don't talk to him anymore. So I'm thinking of setting one up. Is it so resource heavy that I couldn't run it and play at the same time? And I would need to run my PC like 24/7 for it to run correct?

Last question, any good mods?

• Options
    Ive been able to run servers for me and a friend just fine if a bad pc

Just try not to constantly load chunks

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    So my wife wants to play Minecraft again. We use to play on a private server with a friend but we don't talk to him anymore. So I'm thinking of setting one up. Is it so resource heavy that I couldn't run it and play at the same time? And I would need to run my PC like 24/7 for it to run correct?

Last question, any good mods?

Twitch has some pretty great mod packs. Direwolf one is a pretty good one to start and has a youtube series to go along with it to help give you training wheels on all the features in the mod packs.

• Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    Pillagers are no joke

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Hello everyone,

So I have a spare server sitting around that I can host on and leave running 24/7 (It even has UPS backup!). I haven't tried hosting more than 3-4 people so this will be somewhat of a test server for now. Numbers-wise it should be ok though. Depending on how well this works there might be fun things happening. I'll update this post with relevant info as well when things change for initial setup.

Server is Paper (Spigot) 1.16.1, with some plugins installed. There is a whitelist, post here if you want in or PM me or Twixxo with your Minecraft name.

Server IP: se-minecraft.ddns.net
    Dynmap: http://se-minecraft.ddns.net:8123

Discord: https://discord.gg/u2374pE

Copied the SE rules from a previous thread that were used previously, these will apply here:
    • Don't be a dick. Build a dick if you must, but don't act like one. If this confuses you then I suggest going back to kindergarten, remembering the Golden Rule (Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.), or just ask the admins if what you wanna do is okay. I promise we won't kill you for simply asking a question. Practical jokes and the like are okay but only so long as you talk to the admins first! We are awful people with a great sense of humor I swear!
    • We'll invite your friends but if your friend is a jerk you are banned as well. Life is cruel.
    • We play on hard mode. You are only offered admin assistance if we feel like it, do not ask and do not expect it. We are nice people but you are not entitled to special treatment, no matter how much money you donate. Life is more cruel
    • PLEASE read the thread for important information regarding the server! This is where we keep everyone up-to-date, and where most of everyone else discuss their projects. If you ignore this thread you risk being left out of the loop.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I'll be totally honest, I feel so immature when I re-read the rules I wrote down. If this thing takes off, I'll do up a more seasoned edit.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Holy crap sign me up.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    I'm in. Whitelist me.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    eldercore wrote: »
    Pillagers are no joke
    Unless you have walls.

We had a pillager raid on our server in the first 20 mins of playing, that was rough. But every one since then has been easy. We don't even have a gate. They tend to just run into the wall. If they find the gate you can usually fight them in the bottle neck.

Vexs are awful to deal with though. Best bet is to snipe the summoner. But if you've got a horse you can swoop in and stab him to death and get out of the group pretty safely.

• Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    I've been feeling the Minecraft urge again lately. Whitelist me, please.

Minecraft name a less absurdly long version of my dumb forum name: GennaRueben

• Options
    Wushock & Genna you're in, @webguy20 what was your MC name?

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I'm working on a new OP and a massive post while I wait for the sun to come up in game.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    You guys going straight vanilla?

There was a monster hunting bounty system I was doing with edited mobs and data packs that was fun when I was helping moderate the last underdark that would be fun to do again

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Yup, plain ol' Vanilla

• Options
    CaptGigglesworthCaptGigglesworth Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Found this post! Whitelist me and Jack please! CaptGigglesworth and ripper_skillz (I think) :D If that doesn't work, then try without underscore

CaptGigglesworth on
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Aww you guys...

devlin_dragonus

Whitelist me

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Oh snap, I'll jump at the chance to play, my username is Dr_Flamingo

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Glad I gave y'all the Minecraft itch. :rotate: Whitelist me plz, Aeyther! I should be Darmak in-game. Now I gotta download the Java version, I usually play on Bedrock

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I gotta get my VR minecraft up and running. Quest link cant come soon enough.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
  • Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    I SENSE A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE