As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Red Thread Redemption

1373839404143»

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Cross posting since plenty of people have been asking about the soundtrack. No firm date yet, just Spring.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/02/21/red-dead-redemption-2-ps4-xbox-soundtrack/

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    I’m generally against the idea of anyone in this game being reincarnated as an animal because it means I probably murdered them later on to decorate a chuck wagon

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Jenny came back as a boar. She is now a rug in John's tent.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Coming back as a moose must be some terrible curse from God

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Mooses own actually

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Being a moose in this game would be fantastic. Especially up in the frozen north, where I've actually lost two during woodland pursuits. But it would also paint a gigantic red x on your entire existence, because I can't think of a single other animal I drop literally whatever I'm doing to run down, just on the chance I don't get to see one again for another fifteen hours

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I always think of Les Stroud's moose story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xltg0iagMJY

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Hey so I definitely bought the same back issue of the RDR1 newspaper multiple times because the game lets you and is never really clear on which issues you're buying.

Also I accidentally jacked a stagecoach I meant to hire which makes this officially a Rockstar game.

Besides that though it's definitely the best Rockstar game I've played so far. And like, going back to it with fresh eyes is such a cool historical experience. By which I mean, every open world game that came out since that game took something from it and I'm only now realizing that RDR1 kinda shares the spot with Assassin's Creed 2 as the first true modern open world games.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    Trying the complete the van horn to blackwater horse challenge in 17 minutes, spend 15 minutes to make it all the way to just outside blackwater and a cougar spooks my horse, I get bucked and eaten.

Never change RDR, never change

Fired up the game again yesterday while snowed in, and decided to give this a go again. Encountered not one but TWO wolf packs (don't attempt at night I guess), plus a 3 man ambush by the dam, but managed to outrun or outshoot all of that.

Get to the same place I failed last time and what's that red dot coming? NOT TODAY MR. COUGAR, TWO SHOTS TO THE FACE WHAT NOW?

Achievement complete!

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    The new online patch has managed to completely kill my interest in it. My posse enjoys tying up and/or killing each other, so as a result we're marked as griefers and visible to the entire map. This also means we get prioritized whenever an assassination mission pops up. Annoying, but ok. But then if someone throws dynamite at my posse, even getting a few kills, I get a bounty for shooting him. A bounty which comes out of my bank account. What?

The single player is still top tier, though!

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Credits have rolled - I had to go and pick up Mrs Rhesus directly after so I skipped to the end as soon as I could press x, so I probably missed some inter-credits cutscenes

I've had bad luck with getting to the end of massive plots right as I need to go and do something else

Final mission:
    Anybody else try chucking dynamite into Micah's cover?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Now that we’ve all been done talking about this game for two weeks, I finally finished it and made this beautiful retrospective on the character of Arthur Morgan

https://youtu.be/zMP-EhXz3sw

mkc.png
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    I finally saw my first possum ever yesterday

This is my third playthrough

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Mirren the GTA clips mixed in there are pretty good.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Hey spoilers

mkc.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I’m generally against the idea of anyone in this game being reincarnated as an animal because it means I probably murdered them later on to decorate a chuck wagon

Or I ran them with my horse.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Hey since this thread got bumped

I didn't really give a shit about RDR1's story until the (first) epilogue happened and thought that was an incredibly effective coda. A lesser version of the game would've stopped with Marston's family walking out of the house and them hugging and then faded out to credits and it really put a completely different lens on the entire game to see the reality of what he'd been fighting for this whole time. Hats off.

Now I'm in the second epilogue, I've seen credits, I'm at 96% and hunting FUCKING SUCKS.

sig.gif
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I too finished the game (epilogue 2) on the weekend.

A++ game glad I played it through but probably going to be a long while before I go back to it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I just reached Chapter 4. Man, the story took a long time reaching Saint Denis. I think I'd found the city within my first few hours with the game, but the story took like 50 missions to get there.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Chapter 4
    Man, Arthur's being awfully sadistic to this guy he's taking to Professor Andrew Bell the Third.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    RDR Online is getting a big PvE focused overhaul in the summer, inspired by the very popular Twitch streams of GTA Online where folks roleplay as regular people like a security guard or street vendor:

Players will get their first taste of this new direction when Rockstar debuts three roles this summer. Enjoy the challenge of wrangling outlaws? Become a bounty hunter. Prefer the more primal thrill of tracking animals? Turn those valuable pelts into a trading business. Do you tend to lose yourself exploring the open world? Perhaps you can pursue a career as a collector. Players can invest time in multiple roles either playing solo or cooperatively, and each offers opportunities for honorable and dishonorable actions. The more time you invest in a role, the more unique rewards like weapons, outfits, and gadgets you can earn.

“We are trying to take what we think is special about the world and expand the level at which you can interact with that,” Nelson says. “The goal is to be able to take hunting, collecting, bounty hunting, or whatever much further than we were able to with single-player. In some ways, we have to get [Red Dead Online] back up to the level of immersion that we were able to achieve with single-player. The scope for us to take it far beyond what we were able to do there is limitless, and that's really exciting.”

The further players delve into these roles, the more recognizable and defined they should become to other players. At first glance, you should have a better idea of who you are dealing with. Say you’re fishing along the bank of the river and a man wearing a black hat approaches. You know that only dishonorable bounty hunters can earn that specific hat style, so keeping an eye on him is a probably smart idea. Griefing is an unavoidable element of Red Dead Online right now, but Rockstar also hopes these defined roles encourage players to interact in other ways as well. A bounty hunter may have more pressing matters to deal with than harassing an innocent fisherman. Perhaps he just tips his hat in your direction and rides past to tackle the more immediate task at hand.

These roles aren't meant to be a temporary progression path; Rockstar built each of these roles with expansion in mind. Whereas you started immediately as a CEO of your illegal business in GTA Online, the road to potential riches is a much longer journey in Red Dead Online.

“What we're doing with this game is asking what are the steps involved if it took you months, years, or whatever to get to that,” Nelson says. “What would it be for you to start your business in your camp to becoming a Leviticus Cornwall and owning a railway or a mine?”

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    That's cool. Today they had an update come out that finished the "story" missions, and more importantly added in poker to the online mode. fuck yeah.

Also the Lemat revolver is now in game.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I slid back into this game and forgot that it can predict my dick moves in advance and punish me for them.

Came across a preacher giving a lone eulogy for some dead guy and then I jumped in the hole onto his coffin and lost respect and I guess he called the cops.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I would totally become a hunter and just sell pelts.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I would totally become a hunter and just sell pelts.

How many moon coin do you charge for a moon beast pelt large enough to make a moon beast serape out of?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So I started playing online over the weekend and the quality of life stuff is getting there. Like random road side stranger encounters like in the single player game, and the new blue dot red dot stuff makes the game feel less videogamey? I dunno you don't see dots on your radar all the time so when you run across a player it doesn't feel like you've known they were there the whole time.

On top of that and it could just be getting lucky, blue dot players true to their standing seem like good people? Like I had someone help me kill some wolves chasing me down, and later I helped a person *cough* settle a horse traffic dispute... and while I was fishing nearby that guy put a perfect elk pelt on my horse, no words, just here's something to help you on your way.

And they've added a lot more interesting things in the store! Like variety of hats alone was heartening. And the dailies don't seem too bad to actually do, very big pluses for me!

Added to that the game world feels more alive now? I'm definitely seeing more stage coaches and just people in general on roads when before I'd ride around bandit hunting and never see anyone.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Fuck yes.

Aw I'm gonna have to upgrade my computer aren't I

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    The GTA V pc port had a pretty robust set of video options on it. Hopefully I'll be able to tweak this one down to run on the setup I have now, then crank it up later when I get some new parts.

steam_sig.png