As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

gdi geth [chat]

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    actually elldren americans aren't allowed to own cats sorry

one cat per gun

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Columbus Day is a day where we all get together and dunk on Columbus

can we just skip to the annual "baby its cold outside" tediothon?

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    actually elldren americans aren't allowed to own cats sorry

... Literally every cat I know is owned by an American

Like my Brazilian family don’t own cats

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Usually I sit in the mornings and read the news but lately Ive been playing Pokemon instead and even though its a bad pokemon game its a lot better

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »

not until December, as is Tradition

But Christmas starts in September now

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    wandering wrote: »
    My Apple calendar shows both Indigenous Peoples’s Day and Columbus Day but my Google calendar just shows Columbus Day

Hmm I see

Google still has the Taiwan flag and didn't delete an app that helped Hong kong protesters so...
    Hmm didn’t know they did a double-flip-flop on that app, gross
    Earlier this month, Apple rejected the app, HKmap.live, from the App Store, but it reversed that decision only a few days later and made it available for download. As of Thursday, it’s been taken out of the store, basically reversing the original reversal.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/10/20908536/apple-hong-kong-china-tim-cook-hkmaplive-josh-hawley-ron-wyden-senate

wandering on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Yeah, it is permanently canceled due to global warming

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Elldren wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    UK legal twitter with the important insights

"Almost" because the case they haven't mentioned is "Fire Brigades' Union"

I am going to name my next cat Fire Brigades’ Union

Fuckin Big Untz; Free Bigbird Ultimatum

Kruite on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Maybe I’m getting sick

Maybe no drinks for me tonight

Maybe I should go home and sleep

poo
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Lack of sleep is catching up with me and my body parts are gradually turning off-line

Do you think anyone will notice if I just drag my head on the ground for the rest of the day? Holding it up is too much effort.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Vince Vaughn is filming a movie in Syracuse and they're going to shut down the burger joint in my village friday/saturday for his movie to shoot a scene there.

Can't wait for that movie to bomb and them to close the film studio they just built here.

Damn Bowen's wrath will be terrible his retribution swift.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Physics can say they're all that all they want

Just in mechanics, old old field, not even science, there's stuff about forces that are just like "determined from experiment because we have no theory"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Vince Vaughn is filming a movie in Syracuse and they're going to shut down the burger joint in my village friday/saturday for his movie to shoot a scene there.

Can't wait for that movie to bomb and them to close the film studio they just built here.

It's a fun novelty to run into celebrities at local watering holes or whatever until it's specifically a place I want to go to get out of Columbia right now presidential candidates >:

• Options
    Letting you guys know the next dank meme will be "it's a gay bar pamela" fresh off the dank meme tree.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    for some reason dankey's husband being a biologist feels weirdly like how developmental biology was greatly influenced by alan turing, to the point where he wrote a hugely influential paper in the field basically by going like "oh biology is just kinda like math???"
    Obviously someone working in a higher/better scientific field can dash off something great in a lower field

36pz4hdu0u8v.png
    *looks at degree in sociology*

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    God, postdoc mailing lists are so fucking depressing:

Cover letter workshop!; depression counseling!; mindfulness meditation!; how to have hard conversations with your advisor!; substance abuse counseling!; career change workshop!; ice cream social!

Thinking about how much I care about biophysics and structural biology in this thread made me feel bad about not being a postdoc and then I read this and now I am ok with it again

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    you can't like, own a cat, man

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

Cover letter workshop!; depression counseling!; mindfulness meditation!; how to have hard conversations with your advisor!; substance abuse counseling!; career change workshop!; ice cream social!

Thinking about how much I care about biophysics and structural biology in this thread made me feel bad about not being a postdoc and then I read this and now I am ok with it again

the sweet siren call of interesting work, low wages, and depression.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    you can't like, own a cat, man
    I would totally download a cat.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

dude anytime you got a doubt let me just send you a pm

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

What was the last good movie he was in?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

What was the last good movie he was in?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My dad said he was good in true detective.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    vince vaughn carried the psycho remake

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

the sweet siren call of interesting work, low wages, and depression.

I mean there is a reason I got a PhD in the first place; I do really care about how biological things work at the ~angstrom-hundred nanometers scale. But I did not like grad school and I wasn’t good at it. And I am good at my current job (this morning found an email telling me I got a random $500 for ‘your impact on the [] proof of concept can’t be understated. We truly appreciate your leadership, hard work, expertise, and insight.’ from my senior manager and the partner, which, what! Awesome.) and I do often like it. I would be actively unhappy as a postdoc. But some irrational part of my mind sometimes wishes I were there.

** lol at the ‘hard work’ callout there

• Options
    i am going to get ramen because I am dying of a cold

• Options
    Also I don’t care about it enough to keep up with any research or read nonfiction or anything so actually ‘really care about’ any scientific topic is probably not an accurate statement for me, honestly. It’s more like, thinking about the topic, when I do, is moving.

• Options
    Credeiki how happy are you that you no longer have to report me as a potential spy?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Just read through the US passport application that USCIS handily included in my citz packet and ugh

Freals State?

You want my original copies of everything? Even my goddamn driver’s license to process my application?

Jebus

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Credeiki how happy are you that you no longer have to report me as a potential spy?

Yes! Although I have not self-reported about anyone who is an online friend because I think that is stupid! Although also calling someone you talk to a lot including over voice an ‘online friend’ is also a bit misleading. So yes, it is good!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Just read through the US passport application that USCIS handily included in my citz packet and ugh

Freals State?

You want my original copies of everything? Even my goddamn driver’s license to process my application?

Jebus

you only need to give them one thing. use your brand new naturalization certificate. they give it back

source: my baby girl's birth certificate is in a state department envelope cozy

Deebaser on
  • Options

Yes! Although I have not self-reported about anyone who is an online friend because I think that is stupid! Although also calling someone you talk to a lot including over voice an ‘online friend’ is also a bit misleading. So yes, it is good!

It’s cool though because as of now I’ve always been a citizen as long as you’ve known me.

So really you now never have had to report me regardless

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    P10 wrote: »

There’s a psycho remake? With Vince Vaughn?

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Freals State?

Jebus

use your brand new naturalization certificate.

I need that and ID

Edit: ok so one document can serve as both id and proof of citizenship? This form doesn’t specify that!

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

It’s cool though because as of now I’ve always been a citizen as long as you’ve known me.

My head hurts

• Options
    Honk wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »

There’s a psycho remake? With Vince Vaughn?
    gus van sant made it. it bad

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I saw the weirdest guy while dropping off some stuff at the cleaners. He was tall, had some normal sized legs, arms, neck, but his gut was huge. Monstrously pregnant level gut, but the rest of him gave no hint of it. What the hell? I wanted to take a picture.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Everyone knows Credeiki is a Russian spy so there's no point in them reporting anyone.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    I saw the weirdest guy while dropping off some stuff at the cleaners. He was tall, had some normal sized legs, arms, neck, but his gut was huge. Monstrously pregnant level gut, but the rest of him gave no hint of it. What the hell? I wanted to take a picture.

Pregnant.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I gave a random kid in my building a 3ds and Zelda + Smash because i'm moving and I wanted to get rid of it

turns out he's the dry cleaners kid so she his mom is making me baklava

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

This is a very good post

This discussion has been closed.