Options

[Joker] Clown Prince of Cringe

124»

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I can write a public apology but I don't think I can do that without using the words "eat" "my" "total" "ass" "and" "huff" "my" "low" "carb" "farts", not specifically in that arrangement but I do feel like some earnest sincerity may be lost.

Congrats on a mediocre movie, though, that's a big get.

The amusing thing is that this is almost as edgelord as Leto Joker and yet at the same time both less relevant and insightful.

No let me just bask in the utter righteousness that no one got shot this one time and how this will be used to downplay the effects of stochastic terrorism for the next five years because of Clown Movie

It's not the movie, it's untangling the entire fucking mess and having to explain very patiently to people why these fears are valid to even get people on the same baseline, it's having to stop my current conversation.

And the win condition I get is this one. This is the ideal scenario, where now I get the privilege of being told me fears were invalid because no one got murdered. So I also have to deal with the idea that people will be celebrating the relatively bloodless weekend not because no one got killed but because no one got killed and cited Joker which... Priorities.

So.

Fuck the call for a meaty OP, fuck the call for a public apology, I'm glad you all got your mediocre clown movie and no one got shot.

This victory lap looks petty as fuck and is more of a summer than a fall look anyway.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I didn't think the film was mediocre. Nobody that I know who has seen it thinks that. The only negativity surrounding the film is what I've seen in this thread.

Everyone's got opinions, though! You're allowed to think it's bad. You also might have trouble finding people who agree with you.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Seems like a lot of misplaced anger about social issues aimed at a movie. It's fine to be concerned about the state of things, most people are. But movies are just art, and art imitates life. It riles people because they don't like what they see, but are mad at the world the film reflects, probably not the movie itself.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    If y’all want a different joker thread, make one.

Geth, please close this thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.