As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Day the Music Died - Prelude: Concerning Charlie Horse - A [Phalla] - It's Over!

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    The village was in a celebratory mood. It had taken two days of painstaking work, and they had lost a few of their own along the way, but they had finally uncovered the person who had murdered Charlie Horse. They had finally found out who among them had it within them to betray the entire community. The assembled villagers were finally ready to move on with their lives, and have everything go back to the way it was, before Charlie had been killed. Everyone started to file out of the meeting hall.

β€œWe’re not done here,” Shave yelled, and everyone stopped in their tracks. What could he possibly mean? Hadn’t they already found the murderer? Hadn’t they found justice for Charlie? β€œDo you all think that Art Jackman could have done this alone? Do you think that he got Charlie out on this ice by himself? Not possible. Charlie knew better. He was forced out on that ice, which means that more than one person was there when Charlie died. More than one person is responsible. This wasn’t just a murder. This was a conspiracy.”

The villagers looked at one another nervously. It was one thing to say that Charlie Horse had been murdered β€” it was certainly unusual, but Shave had been proven right about that in the end. It was quite another thing to say that more than one person had helped kill Charlie. It was one thing to say that there was one person in their community who had a murderer’s heart. It was quite another thing to say that multiple people were capable of something so heinous.

But Shave was adamant, and he had been right the first time. What if he was right again? Could they afford to just go back to normal, all the time wondering whether their friends were murderers? So the villagers went back to work, once again turning their suspicions on one another. And, if anything, Shave’s declaration of a conspiracy intensified the search. Interrogations became more harsh. Previously close friends looked at each other with newfound mistrust. The entire village was turned upside down in the hopes of finding the truth.

The constant mistrust among the community continued to take its toll. While everyone was looking at one another, trying to find who had killed Charlie Horse, there were other trends that painted further darkness over the village. Two more of the community’s trust members, Lukey and Johnny Dhu, had gone completely missing. Various villagers had remembered seeing them throughout the day, and they were sure that both men had taken part in trying to find Charlie’s killer. But now they were gone, for unknown reasons.

Yet the village could not stop. They had to press on. So when night fell, and the surviving members gathered in the meeting hall again, they could not think about those they had lost. They had no time to think about them, in the face of Shave’s desire for justice. And when he asked for them to present a suspect, they did not hesitate to put forward the Process Man.

β€œSo, do you claim innocence?” Shave asked.

The Process Man shook his head. β€œI cannot,” he replied. β€œI’ve been working my whole life in the chemical plant, and I’ve been poisoning myself the whole time. Who knows how much longer I would have had? I needed to get out. For me and my family. So when that opportunity came knocking, I answered. I had to get out. I had to. And you know what? The life of a horse, even a horse as good as Charlie, was a small price to pay. I have nothing against you, Shave, or Charlie. But I couldn’t keep going back to that place.”

Shave nodded his head in understanding. β€œYou made your choice, Process Man. I know you wanted out of that factory. But you didn’t have to kill Charlie to do it. At least now you’ll never have to go back.”

The dread sound of the Golden Fiddle filled the room, and the Process Man’s essence was no more.

The Dead
    discrider - Lukey
    Ghostly Clockwork - Process Man - Corrupted
    kilnaga - Billy Peddle
    premium - Johnny Dhu

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    OoOooOooOooOooOoOooOoOoO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJfFZqTlWrQ
    OoOooOooOoooooOooOOoOoooO

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    All PMs should be out. As usual, let us know if you didn't get yours.

Day 3 has started. It will end at 9pm EST tomorrow.

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Weirdly, I investigated Lukey day 3 and was just informed they seered as Mafia, but narration says village. So definitely some kind of thrall/miller shenanigans.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don’t really trust that the random person people jumped to to save Lucedes because they were quiet just happened to be mafia and we got super lucky...

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I just missed it. I had made notes as I went through.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    My bad on the vote, I got busy and it slipped my mind.

I'm going to a concert tomorrow night out of state, so I won't be on at vote close. I'll make sure to get a vote in before then.

Virgil, the only thing I'd add to your claims is that night 1 I was intimidated and let the village now immediately after the vote close.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Made those changes.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Investigated Janie last night and they came up village.

• Options
    Will/how will this game work over the weekend?

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    we are so good at voting, i am amazed. amazed!

i put in my action in the last two minutes of my break at work, so uh, i'm not sure if it'll be useful.
    but for whatever reason i have discovered that LostNinja is Sally Ann.

i feel strange that i went in a few days ago like "no way there's mafia manipulation, let's just all be half-seers and win!"
    then i get painted and results for me go missing and i get back results that feel super wrong to me.

we should probably put together a list of surviving names/roles and what we know about people.
    if not today, definitely tomorrow, because i feel like there's an absolute ton of info out there,
    regardless of whether or not it's been compromised.

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: Β»
    Will/how will this game work over the weekend?
    We are planning to have Day Four end tonight, as scheduled. Day Five would extend over the weekend, and end on Monday at 9 PM EST.

Monday, however, is a holiday in the United States (Veterans' Day), and some people may have a long weekend. If the remaining players prefer, we can extend Day Five to Tuesday. Or we can have Day Five end on Sunday.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I am prevented from communicating privately today. I went searching for an image of the austin powers scene where he has no inner monologue but an image search for that took me to disturbing places so in case I'm missing some bizarre interpretation of that I am just being boring and writing about it.

Additionally the results for my investigation went missing last night. So...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDErWuTRluI

I prefer extending at least to Monday.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Monday is Remembrance Day in here in Canada as well, but I'm not leaving town or anything, so I don't mind if we close on Monday at 9:00. 3 days should be plenty of time for people to keep up, I'm mean... we're not ALL only playing while at work, right? Riiiiiiiight?

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    *looks over from stupid spreadsheet*

Nope, not playing at work.

And yeah, Monday close works fine for me.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    OldManKen.

l might have missed the vote totally, but you specifically avoided choosing last night when you voted.

• Options
    Bluecyan wrote: Β»
    Investigated Janie last night and they came up village.

I confirm this from two nights ago as well. Jack Hinks has requested it after they were blocked initially apparently. Couldn’t announce because I was also still verifying the claimed Jack and didn’t want them to know which night I was testing them.

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: Β»
    we are so good at voting, i am amazed. amazed!

i put in my action in the last two minutes of my break at work, so uh, i'm not sure if it'll be useful.
    but for whatever reason i have discovered that LostNinja is Sally Ann.

i feel strange that i went in a few days ago like "no way there's mafia manipulation, let's just all be half-seers and win!"
    then i get painted and results for me go missing and i get back results that feel super wrong to me.

we should probably put together a list of surviving names/roles and what we know about people.
    if not today, definitely tomorrow, because i feel like there's an absolute ton of info out there,
    regardless of whether or not it's been compromised.

I guess with my role publicly named I might as well confirm it.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm mean... we're not ALL only playing while at work, right? Riiiiiiiight?

No need to get judgey.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Was anyone working with discrider or premium?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I was sharing a bit with discrider, I'll look back but I believe all of the information that was shared made it's way to the main board.

I had absolutely no contact with premium.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Man, today looks to be just as much of a crapshow as yesterday at work. I'm really hoping I get some time today sort thru all the info.

Question: Is there a way we can get people to dump all their info (INCLUDING WHAT NIGHT IT WAS GATHERED) in the thread without exposing potential specials that may or may not be able to Investigate or Question? Things like "Lukey came up village N1" and "Lukey came up mafia N3" can maybe help us figure out what's going on.

I'm just kinda spitballing.

• Options
    Yeah, I don’t really trust that the random person people jumped to to save Lucedes because they were quiet just happened to be mafia and we got super lucky...

I mean, I agree that that is super suspicious, but also that narration doesn't read like a Death Miller.... Process Man basically confesses.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    bluecyan
    N1 - Jack Lynch came up Village
    N2 - Investigated person that came up role four under my own
    N3 - Janie came up Village

Disc
    N1- Margarita came up Village
    N2 - Johnny Du came up Village

Edit: The people that I investigated were aware they were being investigated.
    It is NOT likely the people Disc was investigating were aware they were being investigated.

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    If discrider was going to look into someone and told multiple people that could be why they were killed. Assuming they were village I guess.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Disc did not (atleast to me) let anyone know ahead of time whom they were investigating. It seems a prudent strategy and one I will be employing henceforth.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I'm going to edit this up.
    Player List:
    1. 38thDoe
    2. Assuran - [N1 Intimidated]
    3. Auralynx - Miss Brown
    4. Bluecyan - [N2 Questioned role 4 under]
    5. Cythraul - Helmethead
    6. discrider - Lukey
    7. Ghostly Clockwork - Process Man - Corrupted
    8. Gizzy - Jack Lynch
    9. Grunt's Ghosts - Old Moose Coosten
    10. H3Knuckles
    11. JPants
    12. Kilnaga - Billy Peddle
    13. kime - Summer
    14. LostNinja
    15. Lucedes - [Claimed to Be Able Rogers / Village] [Seered Village N1 by Moridin88] [Seered Mafia N2 by Sir Fab]
    16. MamaWolf - Claims to be Butcher Vig [Was Seered by Sir Fab N1] [Was Seered Mafia by Lucedes N2]
    17. Moridin889
    18. ObiFett
    19. oldmanken - [n2 questioned Lucedes to no result]
    20. Phyphor - Art Jackman - Corrupted
    21. premium - Johnny Dhu
    22. Romantic Undead
    23. shalmelo - [N2 Intimidated]
    24. Sir Fabulous
    25. Virgil_Leads_You - [N1 PM Blocked]
    26. ZombieHero - [N2 PM Blocked] [N2 Role 2 above is village]

Dramatis Personae:
    1. Able Rogers - [Claimed to Be Lucedes / Village] [Seered Village N1 by Moridin88] [Seered Mafia N2 by Sir Fab]
    2. Art Jackman - Phyphor - Corrupted
    3. Billy Peddle - Kilnaga
    4. Blue Puttee
    5. The Butcher - Claims to be MamaWolf Vig [Was Seered by Sir Fab N1] [Was Seered Mafia by Lucedes N2]
    6. Captain Wedderburn
    7. Doctor John - [Seered Village by oldmanken N1] [Seered Village by Virgil N3]
    8. Gideon Brown - [Seered Mafia by Virgil N1]
    9. Helmethead - Cythraul
    10. Jack Hinks -[Seered Village by Lost Ninja N1]
    11. Jack Lynch - Gizzy
    12. Janie - [N3 seered village by BlueCyan]
    13. John Barbour
    14. Johnny Dhu - premium
    15. Lukey - discrider [was role seered by H3Knuckles as mafia same night died village N3]
    16. Margarita - [Seered as Village by Discrider on N1, claim by Bluecyan]
    17. Mari Mac
    18. The Mermaid [seered by Grunt's Ghost (dead villager) as Village N1]
    19. Miss Brown - Auralynx
    20. Old Moose Coosten
    21. Penelope
    22. Process Man - Ghostly Clockwork - Corrupted
    23. Sally Ann
    24. The Scolded Husband
    25. Summer - kime
    26. William Oldford

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    I asked if Death alignment results are reliable/accurate and got a CD so.... yup.

• Options
    Assuran wrote: Β»
    OldManKen.

l might have missed the vote totally, but you specifically avoided choosing last night when you voted.

No, I very clearly voted twice... first for premium, then for Sir Fab.

• Options
    I think they mean you didn't choose between front runners. L/GC

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Last Night I seered Doctor John as village N3

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    ObiFett

I feel like this is the sort of game a village Obi would be lighting up, but he is really only chiming in to briefly react to others' posts.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    I think they mean you didn't choose between front runners. L/GC

Ah, I see what you mean. Yes, that is true.

• Options
    I'm also still up for ObiFett

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    @Virgil_Leads_You You can add that I also investigated Doctor John on N1, and they came up Village.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    @Virgil_Leads_You - one more for your list. Back on day 2 (page 6 by my layout), Grunt's Ghosts claimed that the role two spots above his was Village. Grunts was revealed as Old Moose Coosten when he died, so this is a (fairly persuasive, imo) claim that The Mermaid is village aligned

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Is there someone who is willing to vouch for Obifett as seered village at this point?

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Is there someone who is willing to vouch for Obifett as seered village at this point?

I didn't see the green result personally, but I'm in communication with someone who has made that claim, FWIW

EDIT: to expand on this a little, the person making this claim is not Obifett, and the role name that Obi gave to my contact held up when I Questioned him last night. That said, my contact is not fully verified so there's a small possibility that they and Obifett are trying to run some sort of team con on me. **shrug**

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Assuran has been sitting quietly for too long. No actual information on this one just one of the peeps I don't have much of a read on. For that manner oldmanken is up there but is more active today at least.

Re:Obi I have no seer (personal or network) data what-so-ever but his and my disagreement strikes me as two villagers with different ideas of how to handle things. They have been pushing the silent angle pretty vocally.
    I intend all my puns![/spoilers]

• Options
    Cool, so that story marginally checks out. I'm going to look over posts some more.

VayBJ4e.png