Options

[Vampire: The Masquerade] Tremere and their BFFs, together at last

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I think their eyes are pretty open as far as the problems that people have had with demos so far.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad" - Shigeru Miyamoto

He was right then and he's just as right now (years of fan-patches notwithstanding). It'll be more than worth the wait.

Jazz on
  • Options
    the years of fan patches made it worse

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    I just hope they make the vampires look more like...vampires? At least make them a little paler?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I really liked the grey pallor in the original

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    So I guess that Werewolf game is still happening. Probably don't want the volume turned up too high for this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qDwyhSpIRI

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    ...seriously? All that waiting for a CG trailer?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    "Still"?

The last game I heard of had Gaia in the title I thought and was cancelled ages ago... when did this one start up?

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    "Still"?

The last game I heard of had Gaia in the title I thought and was cancelled ages ago... when did this one start up?

It's probably the same one, this has been in the works for years now.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/218196/werewolf-the-apocalypse-earthblood-its-like-vampire-but-with-a-megacorp

And look at all that media we've gotten from it!

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    You know what, I have no idea. The guy who announced the Werewolf game the very day the contract was signed for a Werewolf game is long gone, so...

Could be the same game. Could've been retooled.

• Options
    You know what, I have no idea. The guy who announced the Werewolf game the very day the contract was signed for a Werewolf game is long gone, so...

Could be the same game. Could've been retooled.

The fact that they're hiding gameplay after all this time says that it's probably gone through some serious changes. I imagine the plot is the only thing that's intact.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    PDXCon stream is talking about the Werewolf game now.

Described as an action game with RPG elements. Also you play as a defined dude. I'd been kinda hoping to be able to make my own character in a Werewolf game.

EDIT: Oh, and it's got a "next year" release date. PS4, Xbox 1, PC.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Vampire and Werewolf in the same year? Wonder if there'll be any cross-game features, even if it's just some minor unlocks.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Yea the one thing I'm kinda sad about is playing as a defined dude and really not liking the look of that defined dude.

Obviously that's gonna be preference and happens in plenty of games but for a Werewolf game it will be sad not being able to get into the character.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    There's now a third Vampire game called Swansong that's about Camarilla v Anarchs from the sounds of it.

• Options
    There's now a third Vampire game called Swansong that's about Camarilla v Anarchs from the sounds of it.

Wasn't that one of the boardgames that got announced today?

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

Wasn't that one of the boardgames that got announced today?

Maybe I'm misreading it and it is using game interchangeably
    Big Bad Wolf Studios, the developers behind the narrative RPG The Council, has partnered with White Wolf and Paradox to create a new game set in The World Of Darkness tabletop universe. This new game, Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong will release in 2021 and will be based on Vampire’s fifth edition tabletop rules and mechanics.

In Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong, players will be able to take control of three different vampires. Using these different characters, players will have to figure out the truth behind murders, conspiracies and other vampire shenanigans.

Last year, Big Bad Wolf Studios released The Council, an episodic RPG with a big focus on narrative. It seems this new Vampire title will be a lot like The Council, according to a press release about the game.

The new game was announced at PDXCON, where Paradox Interactive also announced a bunch of other stuff. This other stuff included Crusader Kings III and huge list of new expansions for games like Prison Architect and Battletech.

• Options
    Oh, yeah, no, that sounds like a videogame. It's just that during the general World of Darkness presentation this afternoon, there was also talk about tabletop stuff. I probably just got them mixed up.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Actually I seem to be thinking of Heart of Gaia, which was cancelled... almost two decades ago.

I'm thinking this Earthblood thing is different. Even if it's practically a synonym.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    The viral marketing for this is getting out of hand.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    That game looks incredible.

Also, I found this at a comic swap meet, a Redemption manual, I think?

GQZVvuW.jpg
    Kownld2.jpg
    OieYNyIr.jpg

Very old-school V:TM art.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Yeah that's from Redemption. Have it in a box up in the attic. I think there were two books, one of them a short story featuring Cristof. Fond memories of reading it on the bus home after buying it

Schadenfreude on
    Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
  • Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    I have one of those too, actually, also currently in a box but I intend on getting all my old PC gaming discs and books and stuff out on a bookcase in my computer room one of these days.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwMzK6qVldc

Recap from PDXCON. There's some good game design stuff in here.

"dumb questions you have asked brian mitsoda"
    text under spoiler for nsfw situations
    can vampires get pregnant
    can vampires have sex
    when do vampires have sex
    can vampires drink alcohol
    can vampires smoke
    can vampires take medication
    can vampires fall in love
    can vampires go to the toilet
    do vampires take showers
    do vampires sweat
    do vampires have sperm
    do vampires like cats
    do vampires like dogs
    can vampires ghoul a dog
    can vampires get high
    how can we get a vampire hire
    is hep-c bad for vampires
    do vampires cum blood
    what is kool aid
    do vampires wear socks
    what is frito pie

jdarksun on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    That is like the Yahoo answers of vampire questions

• Options
    I'm pretty sure a few of those were answered in Bloodlines 1.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I knew the answer to all of those except frito pie

• Options
    Man the lighting on beardy guy in leather jacket looks great. It looks like the graphics are really coming along.

• Options
    painfulPleasancepainfulPleasance The First RepublicRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Tube wrote: »

Frito pie is a casserole with spicy stuff and fritos in it.

painfulPleasance on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019

Frito pie is a casserole with spicy stuff and fritos in it.

Chili and fritos. Also usually shredded cheddar and diced onions. It's amazing.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It’s worse for you than the Sabbat though

• Options
    Looks like it's getting pushed back a bit.

Thankfully there are a million games coming out over these next months.

They are just saying "later in 2020 than expected" now.

I wonder if this changes what they have at PDX at all?

Hmm...

https://youtu.be/O2W0N3uKXmo

History really is cyclical.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I would be surprised if bloodlines 2 didn’t annihilate it, sales wise

• Options

I think Valve are leaning a little too hard into the appeal of VR, I'm surprised they aren't making it more accessible.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Valve's most recent game release is Artifact, I'm not sure they really have their pulse on the finger of what folks are really playing these days.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I think Valve are leaning a little too hard into the appeal of VR, I'm surprised they aren't making it more accessible.

I have a feeling it grew out of some dev's experiments in making a better VR game than most of what's out there and they just used Half-Life assets since those were available. Then it turned out to be interesting enough to make a full game out of it so that's what's happening.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    I feel like someone dropped the ball on marketing if this is the first I've heard of those...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I feel like someone dropped the ball on marketing if this is the first I've heard of those...

It's not Bloodlines 2 and it appears to be some kind of ambitious visual novel? No wonder it's not getting the spotlight.

Also, yeah, they're really dropping the ball on marketing.