As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Adore EA & Corruption 2029 out today!

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Fallen London, the game previously known as Echo Bazaar, is turning ten years old. And to celebrate, they are finally finishing the story!

The first update is out today, with more planned for the next few months.

They've also said they have plans for stuff to do after finishing up your ambition, but aren't ready to talk about that yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Don't worry, if you hit up the subreddit you'll find plenty of folks decrying this weapon or that weapon as bad and useless because it's not as optimal as the shield at clearing 30 Heat runs.

(don't go to the subreddit if you can help it)

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Most of the subreddit was gushing about how Artemis is best girl ime

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

Wait, there are people not trying to date Megaera?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020

Meg is clearly your ex

Thanatos is the one to go for

Straightzi on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2020

There's that, too, which is also wrong because Meg is best girl.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Straightzi wrote: »

Meg is clearly your ex

Thanatos is the one to go for

To be fair, Thanatos very much feels like your ex, too, from their conversations.

edit: also currently you can date both with no repercussions, so, why choose?

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Artemis is the one that gives you crits, so that checks out.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Steam, which has been around since 2003, still has the lion’s share of the market with one billion accounts and 90 million active users (as of April 2019), but Epic Games Store shared today that it’s attracted 108 million PC customers who have generated $680 million in revenue. That’s nothing to sneeze at, given that EGS is only one year old.

https://gamedaily.biz/article/1502/epic-games-store-has-generated-680m-so-far-with-exclusives-being-critical-says-tim-sweeney

Also, poor @Brolo what is he going to do in February.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    actually wait is the ff7 remake even coming to pc

It's a timed PS4 exclusive. Not sure if that means PC is delayed until after that or if it's just a console exclusivity.

They haven't said anything about PC yet but it seems very likely, all of SE's stuff except kingdom hearts and... numbered dragon quest games? I think? come out on PC these days.

Edit edit: nope dq11 is on steam too, so just KH

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Steam, which has been around since 2003, still has the lion’s share of the market with one billion accounts and 90 million active users (as of April 2019), but Epic Games Store shared today that it’s attracted 108 million PC customers who have generated $680 million in revenue. That’s nothing to sneeze at, given that EGS is only one year old.

https://gamedaily.biz/article/1502/epic-games-store-has-generated-680m-so-far-with-exclusives-being-critical-says-tim-sweeney

Also, poor Brolo what is he going to do in February.

Enter into the OdinBrolosleep

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    actually wait is the ff7 remake even coming to pc

It's a timed PS4 exclusive. Not sure if that means PC is delayed until after that or if it's just a console exclusivity.

They haven't said anything about PC yet but it seems very likely, all of SE's stuff except kingdom hearts and... numbered dragon quest games? I think? come out on PC these days.

Edit edit: nope dq11 is on steam too, so just KH

I'm a little surprised they haven't announced KH3 for PC at all. I had sort of assumed it'd be a year after consoles thing like FF15.

• Options
    That new Doom Eternal trailer is being shown in less than 5 minutes

• Options
    Doom Eternal, March 20th
    Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Remake, April 2nd
    Final Fantasy VII Remake, April 10th
    Cyberpunk 2077, April 16th

Your wallets are fucked.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Actual Youtube and not crappy Twitter embed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkklG9MA0vM

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I think Mister X is scarier than Nemesis

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Doom Eternal looks fucking DOPE

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    lemme at that rotary shotgun

• Options
    That trailer pretty much cinched my opinion that yes, I will buy Doom Eternal on release day.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    day one purchases are pretty rare for me but that's definitely gonna be one of em

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    day one purchases are pretty rare for me but that's definitely gonna be one of em

I was waffling on that or Persona 5 Royal since they both came out around the same time, but it’s gotta be Doom.
    An evil Doom Slayer?!?

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I like that they're going with the Doom 2: Hell on Earth style

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Doom Eternal, March 20th

Your wallets are fucked.

Mine is extremely safe.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Doom spoiler
    Would a evil doom slayer be called the Doom Savior?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

I'm curious what the profit was given how much Epic has spent on exclusives and game giveaways. Also given that their entire pitch forvthis thing was undercutting the industry standard cut of 30%.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Doom Eternal, March 20th

Your wallets are fucked.

I know, Tom Nook sold me on some island living racket and ran off with my wallet

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited January 2020

I'm curious what the profit was given how much Epic has spent on exclusives and game giveaways. Also given that their entire pitch forvthis thing was undercutting the industry standard cut of 30%.

Yeah they leave out some important numbers. 680 million spent by customers, but how much of that ends up being revenue for Epic let alone profit. Plus they ran with the 108 million accounts have gotten a pc game paid or otherwise. Would be interesting to know how many included a paid game. They must be running tight or at a loss for now to build up a customer base. When I buy Wattam for $10 ($20 normally with a $10 coupon from epic) during their sale, By their revenue split they owe the Wattam publisher more than I gave them. I think with the exception of Control that might be true of most everything I've bought on EGS so far. Smaller games with EGS knocking an extra $10 off on them. It looks like I still have 1-2 $10 coupons still sitting on my account although I'm unclear how I'd have two. But there's definitely at least one still active since if I throw something in my cart it still show the extra $10 off. Add to that the cost of arranging those exclusives in the first place.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    Doom spoiler
    Would a evil doom slayer be called the Doom Savior?
    Who cares, all I need to know is how big his guts are

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    New Humble Bundle:
    uraxoxsw670v.jpg

$1:
    • Niche - a genetics survival game
    • MagiCat
    • Evergarden

BTA:
    • Equilinox
    • Ultimate Chicken Horse
    • Samorost 3

$10:
    • Stardew Valley

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re7iyimHDiI

Cook Serve Delicious 3 goes into Early Access on January 29th
    yes
    yessssssss

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Also, Epic will continue the weekly game giveaways throughout all of 2020: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/news/epic-games-store-weekly-free-games-in-2020
    hell yeah

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    New Humble Bundle:
    uraxoxsw670v.jpg

$1:
    • Niche - a genetics survival game
    • MagiCat
    • Evergarden

BTA:
    • Equilinox
    • Ultimate Chicken Horse
    • Samorost 3

$10:
    • Stardew Valley

Samorost 3 is a delightful little adventure game where all the achievements are finding hidden sounds which then unlock on a remix page allowing you to make music from the sounds of a squeaky door, a sleepy space pig, and a crooning alien bird choir.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I love me some dungeon of the endless like a lot

Any hints as to which characters make for a good combination, or strategies to focus on with resource development/research/level gain?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »

Any hints as to which characters make for a good combination, or strategies to focus on with resource development/research/level gain?

lord no i suck at it so bad

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

Brolo is gonna have to make and release a game in February.

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »

Brolo is gonna have to make and release a game in February.

Nice, exciting that we're getting Anthem 2 already.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »

lord no i suck at it so bad

The closest I've got to winning (and I lost just from messing up execution), I've liked: someone to kill stuff, someone to run fast, two operators. Industry is usually first to prioritize, and Food is the biggest late-game resource. For Science, I usually research the main resource generator upgrades first, then a shooting thing or defense thing and upgrade those.

I'm not particularly good either, but that seems like a decently good archetype?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
This discussion has been closed.