As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Maybe the [NFL] isn't so bad...

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The 1st Annual Elvis Grbac Self Concussion Bowl

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Welp, don’t have to watch the 2nd half of this one. God awful.

See you next season nfl, not gonna watch the racism vs domestic violence bowl.

Do you not purchase, like, any commercially made products?

This post? @Tox

I don't know what you think the point of this is? Convince people to watch anyway? Never watch? Leave the thread?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    It’s interesting that 1 terrible human being / player will keep folks from watching the SB but the dozens of other amazing human beings / players have no effect.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Well, go KC I guess. Mahomes is an exciting player, if nothing else.

I hope Bosa suffers a career ending injury while pacing the sidelines. He can just absolutely go fuck himself, the bigoted dipshit. He doesn't even deserve to be taken out during a play.
    Edit: I usually like to think of myself as being a good sport, but fuck that MAGA piece of shit.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    It’s interesting that 1 terrible human being / player will keep folks from watching the SB but the dozens of other amazing human beings / players have no effect.

Is it? Why?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Everyone in this thread knows that the NFL is a shitty game filled with shitty people and run by even shittier people; you aren't revealing some grand truth or anything by bringing that up. Everyone also has, for the most part, made a bargain with themselves to decide how much (or how little) they are going to continue watching the NFL in light of these things

But sometimes, for whatever reason, a person will decide that "nah, fuck this" and forgo watching completely, despite this existing bargain. Maybe they're already sick of all the bullshit, and having the extra indignity of being forced to listen to some farted out redemption arc narrative for a wife beater is too much.

It'd be nice if they could make their post complaining about the thing that literally everyone in this thread knows is true without anyone jumping down their throat with some bullshit what-about-this argument that goes nowhere.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular

Sometimes one bad apple ruins the bunch.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    and having the extra indignity of being forced to listen to some farted out redemption arc narrative for a wife beater is too much.

Because tossing someone in the ditch forever and not ever allowing that they could become a better person is always the best choice. There are shitheads who will never improve because they think they are just flat out broken, like AB, Tyreek, etc. that I wish would stop being celebrated, but won't happen because winning matters more than anything to ownership.

If people want to quit watching/supporting NFL I have zero issue with it. At some point the league will drive itself into the ground and cease to be relevant.

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    4 "Raheem Mostert" TD's yeah nice try NFL I know what a end of season Kenyan Drake game looks like, try again.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Everything is awful. Every team is owned by a billionaire (whatever GB), and employs at least a couple of people that have done either questionable or even outright terrible shit.

But there's also lots of good people too, and I'll root for them. Mahomes seem pretty cool, and I'm sure most of the Chiefs players are too. Same goes for the 49ers, I know that a lot of those guys give back to their communities, and I'll cheer them on.

Everyone knows Hill and Bosa are trash, I don't want to waste my time on them.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Maximum wrote: »
    Everything is awful. Every team is owned by a billionaire (whatever GB), and employs at least a couple of people that have done either questionable or even outright terrible shit.

But there's also lots of good people too, and I'll root for them. Mahomes seem pretty cool, and I'm sure most of the Chiefs players are too. Same goes for the 49ers, I know that a lot of those guys give back to their communities, and I'll cheer them on.

Everyone knows Hill and Bosa are trash, I don't want to waste my time on them.

And people like Katie Sowers, 9'ers coach and lgbqta+ activist, deserve support as well.

But at the same time, I can't fault anyone for stepping away from the sport because of the likes of guys like Hill and Bosa

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

Hey Tommy, you see this? THAT is how a GOAT trolls proper!

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Holy shit. Bill 'O Brian , what an asshole.

Just threw Romeo Cornell under the bus.

Fucker, you were just as responsible, you fucking ex Patriots hack

Yo Houston, hire another head coach! There is one OC in Kansas City, that is itching for a HC job!

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    I seriously can't believe that Bieniemy has been passed up so much with Reid shouting from the rooftops and the track record of Reid assistants (I mean I can because he's a black coach in the NFL, but still).

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    BOB has hit his ceiling. Houston will never get further than good, but not good enough under him.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Yo Houston, hire another head coach! There is one OC in Kansas City, that is itching for a HC job!

He also came out and said they are not hiring a GM for 2020. I really hope Watson just refuses any extension and gets out of there.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Eli's announcing his retirement Friday, per ESPN's Dan Graziano

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

Dear Eli,
    You stopped the Patriots from winning 2 more Super Bowls, and for that I am forever in your debt. Happy trails.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

Dear Eli,
    You stopped the Patriots from winning 2 more Super Bowls, and for that I am forever in your debt. Happy trails.

nfc east life

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Goodnight, Sweet Prince

bmrqzjkmwb2i.jpg

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    How old even is that photo

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Godspeed you, Hoboken Hillbilly!

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I became a fan of Eli at this moment

0xylz67edurg.png

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Eli retires with a 117-117 regular season record

Eli retires having earned the most of any player in NFL history at over $250mm

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    117 is the parkway exit I grew up off of, feeling the Jersey synergy rn

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    How old even is that photo

That was taken yesterday morning.

Or his rookie year.

You'll never know for sure.

• Options
    Eli gonna move on to his next career as the new Mr. Peanut.

• Options
    For real though Nationwide commercials about to get way worse

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

He also came out and said they are not hiring a GM for 2020. I really hope Watson just refuses any extension and gets out of there.

Wait

They're gonna operate the whole off-season without a GM?

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Oghulk wrote: »

Wait

BOB is the GM. When he says they wont hire a GM, he is saying he’ll remain as GM.

He apparently is not only a GM-Coach, but also whatever role is above GM that makes GM hiring decisions

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Wait

To be fair, it's not like they're going to have much to do at the draft what with everything they gave up in the Tunsil and Conley trades.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    We loved to mock him, but Eli had a good career, made good money, and is a rare player to spend 16 seasons with one team.

• Options
    117-117

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    He’s 2-0 when it matters.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Goodnight, Sweet Prince

bmrqzjkmwb2i.jpg

How

How is that the body of a professional athlete...

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Ben Roethlisberger wishes he had that body.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Quarterbacks are strangely doughy

Except for Brady Quinn that dude was ripped

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Goodnight, Sweet Prince

bmrqzjkmwb2i.jpg

How

How is that the body of a professional athlete...

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Wait

BOB is the GM. When he says they wont hire a GM, he is saying he’ll remain as GM.

He apparently is not only a GM-Coach, but also whatever role is above GM that makes GM hiring decisions

Of course they're making him do three jobs and giving him the title and salary of the lowest one.

This discussion has been closed.