Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    The sheer number of 1/1s produced by Replicating Menaces and Sn1p-Sn4ps and Sky Claws have me pondering running a Silver Sword in the Mech deck.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I hit 5 with Quest Hunter and a 10-2 record. I lost to a Rogue who drew Zil, two taunts, and got Defender from the cat. I also lost to another Hunter.

It's a fun deck to play:

### Quest
    # Class: Hunter
    #
    # 2x (1) Clear the Way
    # 2x (1) Springpaw
    # 2x (1) Tracking
    # 1x (1) Unseal the Vault
    # 2x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
    # 2x (2) Licensed Adventurer
    # 2x (2) Questing Explorer
    # 2x (3) Desert Spear
    # 2x (3) Diving Gryphon
    # 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
    # 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
    # 1x (4) Sky Gen'ral Kragg
    # 2x (5) Faceless Corruptor
    # 1x (5) Halazzi, the Lynx
    # 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
    # 1x (5) Zilliax
    # 2x (6) Swarm of Locusts
    # 1x (6) Veranus
    # 1x (7) Boommaster Flark

Try to find Veranus against Druids so that their taunts suddenly go away.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    i can't believe they reprinted shielded minibot

No, no, you see Dibby. This one has Reborn not Divine Shield. So as you can see, it's different.

Oh Reborn, you mean "When this minion dies summon a copy of it at 1 health and remove this card text"???

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    i can't believe they reprinted shielded minibot

No, no, you see Dibby. This one has Reborn not Divine Shield. So as you can see, it's different.

Oh Reborn, you mean "When this minion dies summon a copy of it at 1 health and remove this card text"???

Exactly! And remember, a Divine Shield can absorb thousands of points of damage and leave the Mech with it's full 2HP. A Reborn minion only has 1HP, which as we all know, makes it vulnerable to Execute! But the Minibot is weak to Backstabs.

Clearly so different.
    They should have just reprinted minibot.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    the joke i was making was that they reused a keyword from the previous expac instead of rewriting out what it does even though it's the exact same thing as the keyword because they don't like reusing keywords for some asinine reason

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the joke i was making was that they reused a keyword from the previous expac instead of rewriting out what it does even though it's the exact same thing as the keyword because they don't like reusing keywords for some asinine reason

this when damages me

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    They reuse actual keywords plenty!

It's using keywords for effects instead of just writing out a billion words that they're bad about.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

It's using keywords for effects instead of just writing out a billion words that they're bad about.

There are so many small cases where it's dumb just to keep a keyword within it's set. Like Witch's Brew not having Echo. Come on Blizzard.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited February 2020

90654.png

z6zi7Kq.png

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

There are so many small cases where it's dumb just to keep a keyword within it's set. Like Witch's Brew not having Echo. Come on Blizzard.

That one's extra dumb because they later reused Echo for SnipSnap. Discover is all over, Reborn gets reused all the time, like...they reuse keywords all the time. They're just inconsistent about applying their own rules.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    12-0 with a druid arena deck that got offered no less than FIVE winged guardians

By the fourth one I was going full meme with wild growths and big beefy boys

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I threw kragg into a quest galk deck for shits and giggles.

It’s not a bad play. And I think I’ll throw licensed adventurer in there, get real weird with it.
    Lencensed adventurer not great. Kragg is good though.

zepherin on
  • Options

That one's extra dumb because they later reused Echo for SnipSnap. Discover is all over, Reborn gets reused all the time, like...they reuse keywords all the time. They're just inconsistent about applying their own rules.

Consistency? I hardly know her!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Deciding whether or not to use keywords on a card can actually be a design-motivated decision. Keywords only help when there’s a critical mass of that keyword in the set, so players subconsciously memorize it and shortcut their reading of the card. If there’s only a single card in the format that uses the keyword, it loses that advantage.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    admanb wrote: »
    Deciding whether or not to use keywords on a card can actually be a design-motivated decision. Keywords only help when there’s a critical mass of that keyword in the set, so players subconsciously memorize it and shortcut their reading of the card. If there’s only a single card in the format that uses the keyword, it loses that advantage.

I think this is one area where hearthstone has adopted a rule from paper ccgs where it's not necessary for digital ccgs. I can (should be able to) hover over any keyword on a card to learn what it does, which removes the problem of not being able to memorize what a keyword is when it's in short supply in a format. I don't have to memorize. As opposed to paper ccgs, where I'd have to go look up in a rulebook, which makes sense why it's done that way.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    admanb wrote: »

it's almost like Hearthstone is a digital card game and is able to take advantage of being on a digital platform which includes having things such as tooltips

it's almost like Team 5 forgets this on a daily basis

hmmmmmmm

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    CCGs also don't abandon a keyword after one expansion, they just expect everyone to then know it.

Nothing team5 does makes sense.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    It's a shame that Mindflayer Kaahrj doesn't seem to make the cut. I got him in a pack, but I've never played him nor seen him played, which is a shame, since he's pretty nifty.

• Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    This rogue still works. 60 % win rate at rank 3, a few losses due to newborn baby needing attention (only dad legend from now on?). Hench clans could be questing adventurers, black knight and spell breaker or w/e depending on meta. Flik + shadow step + Scheme is hillarious vs priest (hard mulligan for them), had one rage quit and befriend me to swear at me and complain I played slow (never roped) while another died to his own Hakkar ticks so far today. Same combo, or shuffle in poachers vs big druid.

### Tech Galakrond
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 2x (0) Backstab
    # 1x (0) Shadowstep
    # 2x (1) Pharaoh Cat
    # 2x (1) Praise Galakrond!
    # 1x (1) Togwaggle's Scheme
    # 2x (2) Eviscerate
    # 1x (2) Sap
    # 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
    # 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
    # 2x (3) Seal Fate
    # 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
    # 2x (4) Devoted Maniac
    # 2x (4) Dragonmaw Poacher
    # 2x (4) Hench-Clan Burglar
    # 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
    # 1x (5) Zilliax
    # 1x (6) Flik Skyshiv
    # 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
    # 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
    # 1x (7) Galakrond, the Nightmare
    #
    AAECAZvDAwqyAu0CzQOggAOvkQOSlwPBrgPjtAOftwPLwAMKtAGIB4+XA5CXA/WnA7muA/6uA6qvA86vA/CwAwA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Man, an embiggen druid played out a 10/12 Winged Guardian and I was like "shiiiiit, Zeph my dude TAKE THE WHEEL"

Offers me Mountain Giant, BGH.... and Faceless Manipulator.

And I had a Big Brain Moment and used Faceless on his.

"I concede to you."

FEELS GOOD HOMIE

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Lost 6 games in a row with Quest Mage favoring involving dragons. Switching over to Quest Mage heavily favoring elementals.

You didn't hear it from me but the quest reward for mage is kinda lacking ...

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Lost 6 games in a row with Quest Mage favoring involving dragons. Switching over to Quest Mage heavily favoring elementals.

You didn't hear it from me but the quest reward for mage is kinda lacking ...

Mage sidequests are really good tho

• Options
    Draw 3 spells is insane fuel for the work required. The 6/6 is a bit less exciting, but can still be thought of as a bigger Arcane Tyrant.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Draw 3 spells is insane fuel for the work required. The 6/6 is a bit less exciting, but can still be thought of as a bigger Arcane Tyrant.

The thing about the 6/6 is that it usually pops around the time you've spent spells to gain board control or remove big things and whoops now you also have a 6/6

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

The thing about the 6/6 is that it usually pops around the time you've spent spells to gain board control or remove big things and whoops now you also have a 6/6

It eliminates the tempo loss of casting a Big Spell and thus is Very Good

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Man, an embiggen druid played out a 10/12 Winged Guardian and I was like "shiiiiit, Zeph my dude TAKE THE WHEEL"

"I concede to you."

FEELS GOOD HOMIE
    Wait, he conceded because you just made one minion that's the same as his big minion? That doesn't seem unrecoverable.

• Options
    forty wrote: »

"I concede to you."

FEELS GOOD HOMIE
    Wait, he conceded because you just made one minion that's the same as his big minion? That doesn't seem unrecoverable.

The position I had put him in was pretty unrecoverable. He had only the one minion on board, I had other big minions on board, he wouldn't have been able to clear mine on his turn (both 10/12 elusive reborns), I would've been able to punch past his and kill whatever he dropped and keep maintaining tempo.

Basically, the BGH would've been good to remove it, but the Faceless was the better tempo option, and Embiggen Druid loses when they lose tempo.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    ldSUiOu.png

(unpictured: Taunt on everything after the Wrath Weaver)

Tirion is naaaaaaasty. He a nasty boy. Got Brann early, slammed Arguses and Nathrezims and Strongshells. Only one person went Murlocs but they died early so no Poisonous to counter my Large Bois.

He needs a nerf, haha.

edit: AND THE MOST INSANE COMEBACK OF MY LIFE WITH BARTENDOTRON:

EQT3t3RXkAAjwD2.jpg
    EQT3vCKXsAEPy2I.jpg

Very slow start but I managed to grab an early Triple Wrath Weaver and two regular ones (so every Demon played was dealing THREE damage to my face each time....), was losing for a fair bit quite early on as well. Wasn't able to rush up Tavern Upgrades because I simply needed to cycle Demons and build a better board. Eventually I reduced my own HP to fucking 1 through double Golden Wrath Weavers and fished HARD for Mal'ganis at 5. Mission fucking success, I went on to triple up a goddamn Battlemaster as well.

I am the master of Russian Roulette, better fucking believe.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Basically, the BGH would've been good to remove it, but the Faceless was the better tempo option, and Embiggen Druid loses when they lose tempo.

Thank you for posting this. Had some more games against Embiggen Druid today and thinking about this made me play differently than I had been. I think I have a tendency to over-trade at times, but thinking about taking the tempo and forcing them to catch-up resulted in a far better performance.

I've been running vS's token druid and been having a fairly okay time of it (~55% winrate right now), but starting to chain more wins together again now as I learn the deck more.

60DAA==.png

AAECAdfXAwL3rQOftwMO7QP3A+YF3/sCv/0C1YMDw5QDzpQD05wD7aID76ID/K0D/q0D/60DAA==

Oh also, I updated the imager again. Got a bit behind. Had (probably still have since I have no evidence of it going yet) a kidney stone so been trying to take it easy and was a little bit behind on things.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    it's wild to me that galvanizer got there in non-combo builds

crystology into turn 2 drop 3 minions is pretty good

as is lowering the cost of your magnetics
    Just wanted to go back to this. Had a guy play turn 1 with coin three minions and then turn 2 follow up with Sky Claw.

Pretty much unbeatable at that point with token druid (and definitely not with the draw I had).

Being able to play such incredible power turns so early is just backbreaking. And then they still have more discounted cards in hand which allows them to keep up some insane tempo.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    I've been on the other side of this. You've just used your hard removal and your opponent drops a divine shield windfury siamat, and you're thinking maybe I'll just play something out and survive for a turn. But you rarely do.

Np7bo04.png

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    ldSUiOu.png

(unpictured: Taunt on everything after the Wrath Weaver)

Tirion is naaaaaaasty. He a nasty boy. Got Brann early, slammed Arguses and Nathrezims and Strongshells. Only one person went Murlocs but they died early so no Poisonous to counter my Large Bois.

He needs a nerf, haha.

edit: AND THE MOST INSANE COMEBACK OF MY LIFE WITH BARTENDOTRON:

EQT3t3RXkAAjwD2.jpg
    EQT3vCKXsAEPy2I.jpg

Very slow start but I managed to grab an early Triple Wrath Weaver and two regular ones (so every Demon played was dealing THREE damage to my face each time....), was losing for a fair bit quite early on as well. Wasn't able to rush up Tavern Upgrades because I simply needed to cycle Demons and build a better board. Eventually I reduced my own HP to fucking 1 through double Golden Wrath Weavers and fished HARD for Mal'ganis at 5. Mission fucking success, I went on to triple up a goddamn Battlemaster as well.

I am the master of Russian Roulette, better fucking believe.

Not sure Tirion needs a nerf. He’s good but I don’t find him oppressive. It’s also cool having a hero who can leverage minions generally useless to others.

• Options
    I've been on the other side of this. You've just used your hard removal and your opponent drops a divine shield windfury siamat, and you're thinking maybe I'll just play something out and survive for a turn. But you rarely do.

Np7bo04.png
    I’m surprised I don’t run into Siamat more often. I generally tech them into most of my decks because there’s rarely a bad time to play it. But it’s only in 16% of decks.

• Options
    He's good, but he's no Zilliax.

Is he, TrumpSC? :P

• Options
    They should add Zilliax to BG and make him OP busted as hell.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I triple upped Zapp Slywick with tirion... 1st place. Swinging 4 times at 26 points each against their weakest minions. That’s busted.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    thats when you make a poisoned 1 attack minion

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    I triple upped Zapp Slywick with tirion... 1st place. Swinging 4 times at 26 points each against their weakest minions. That’s busted.
    Until he charges head first into a Maexxna on his first attack. :D

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular

Bold prediction: They will never add more than a trivial amount of lifesteal to BG.

• Options
    Marty81 wrote: »

Bold prediction: They will never add more than a trivial amount of lifesteal to BG.

Hmm, fixed.

DNiDlnb.png