As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    I triple upped Zapp Slywick with tirion... 1st place. Swinging 4 times at 26 points each against their weakest minions. That’s busted.
    Until he charges head first into a Maexxna on his first attack. :D

I had a yuge health advantage and a 10 point cleave and some other chonkey boys. I’d have adjusted but Zapp was just the god damned player grim reaper.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    As a general rule, auto chess style games don't really play with healing. The permanence of damage has some importance to strategizing how you're going to play out your rounds

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I don't think they could do constructed-style lifesteal in battlegrounds just because it seems like it'd pretty easily lead to endless lobbies; the most you can realistically be hit for is like 25 and it's pretty easy to build a minion bigger than that even if it's some weird tribeless thing

it might be kinda interesting to have a minion that healed itself when it killed a minion or something (i.e. bogeymonster effect, but good)

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    make friendly bartender a battlegrounds 1-drop

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Marty81 wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    They should add Zilliax to BG and make him OP busted as hell.

Bold prediction: They will never add more than a trivial amount of lifesteal to BG.

Hmm, fixed.

Lifesteal would break BG hard. So they’ll wait until an expansion or two has passed before they add it in.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I could MAYBE see them adding a Hero who has a HP that's like "heal yourself for 2" or SOMETHING, but. Healing of any kind really does break the way the game mode is structured. I mean, while not strictly healing, look at pre-nerf Stitches. My dude had 60 health, which practically guaranteed him a Top 4 slot each game, because his Hero Power might as well have read as "When you lose half your health, heal back up to full health."

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    I could MAYBE see them adding a Hero who has a HP that's like "heal yourself for 2" or SOMETHING, but. Healing of any kind really does break the way the game mode is structured. I mean, while not strictly healing, look at pre-nerf Stitches. My dude had 60 health, which practically guaranteed him a Top 4 slot each game, because his Hero Power might as well have read as "When you lose half your health, heal back up to full health."
    Even better than that. It was ignore turns 6 7 and 9 and get greedy with inn upgrades. So when you are down to 35 health you are pumping out tier 5 units. So much value.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    The one guy who can give you ice block is already a bit of a problem, since at late game you basically have to kill them twice.

• Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular

Bold prediction: They will never add more than a trivial amount of lifesteal to BG.

It’s not lifesteal but I think the golden version of the 1 star 2/4 taunt demon should heal the player for 2 when played. I’m terrible with names but wouldn’t that basically be a perfect “improved” version of his battlecry that either a) makes up for having played 2 of him previously or 2) makes up for having held two in your hands long enough to get a third?

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    And upgraded Beast should give you the Finkle, yes.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I started playing Legends of Runeterra. It's a lot of fun, although the matches to tend to last longer than they do in HS. Thankfully, all my HS experience helped the transition into LoR. Now the long haul of acquiring and memorizing cards has begun.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

It’s not lifesteal but I think the golden version of the 1 star 2/4 taunt demon should heal the player for 2 when played. I’m terrible with names but wouldn’t that basically be a perfect “improved” version of his battlecry that either a) makes up for having played 2 of him previously or 2) makes up for having held two in your hands long enough to get a third?

There is really no such thing as 'a trivial amount of lifesteal' when your talking about BG's. it would have to be a flat 'when this does damage/dies your hero heals 1 hp' or something like that.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

There is really no such thing as 'a trivial amount of lifesteal' when your talking about BG's. it would have to be a flat 'when this does damage/dies your hero heals 1 hp' or something like that.

That change would be insanely OP. The demon often saves 2-6 dmg from combat, making it break even or pull a profit much of the time. Removing the downside to multiples would be a massive buff to demons and it would quickly become the best T1 minion by far.

Life steal should not be a thing in BG unless it’s super weak. Otherwise it would blow up the entire risk-reward analysis on which the mode is based.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular

If they were to do anything, I think the Golden Vulgar Homunculus Battlecry should be to do half as much damage to your hero (i.e., 1), so that it still self damages as is the intent of the minion, but less so. However, with Demons being in a pretty good place right now -- and Team 5's haphazard handling of Golden improved effects -- I don't expect it would ever happen.

• Options
    Just add this guy:

am4qrm5jnkms.png

Golden version restores 2. The stat line is bad and he'd be pretty bad early game. Then there's the idea that you're giving up a combat space for healing, which will probably hurt you in the long run. Solid minion for Tirion, but not the rest.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Just add this guy:

I said that earlier on this page!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Just add this guy:

I said that earlier on this page!

I don't have time to read EVERYONE'S posts! I need pictures dammit!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    can they fix twisted knowledge being able to discover bloodreaver gul'dan in arena already

i lost to a warlock who played FIVE twisted knowledge and it was only a matter of time before he hit it

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Beasteh wrote: »
    can they fix twisted knowledge being able to discover bloodreaver gul'dan in arena already

i lost to a warlock who played FIVE twisted knowledge and it was only a matter of time before he hit it

wh

?????????????

HOW IS THAT A THING

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Discover ignores banned cards.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

Yeah, that's what I meant. I guess that's just straight up healing though, not lifesteal, huh.

So yeah, never lifesteal, maybe eventually some minor amount of healing.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular

What does upgraded beast even spawn? Is it a 6/6? :lol:

• Options

What does upgraded beast even spawn? Is it a 6/6? :lol:

Nah, it just spawns the 3/3 like normal. That seems to be the MO for "downside" cards, like how golden Homonculus still just nugs you for 2.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Correction: Spawns a Golden 3/3.

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    A golden Shifter Zerus shifts into golden minions, but the only way to get it is to line up three on a single turn, or to take up board space with him as a 1/1.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Managed to get my 500 wins with Druid

pci7TxO.jpg

Still need to hit 500 on Warlock, Mage, Rogue and Priest.

Getting close-ish to 1k with Paladin.

Ended up switching back to Quest Hunter today. Suddenly started struggling for any kind of traction with token druid (had a big loss streak with bad draws which was unfortunate, but these things happen), but Quest Hunter has done some work for me since.

Looking forward to new adventure stuff later. I'm wondering what kind of impact its going to have on the meta. I doubt Reno is going to have that big of an impact, but Shotbot sure will.

I'm also kinda intrigued by Grand Lackey Erkh. I have some thoughts of a kind of Zoolock with Tekahn but don't know how possible that is in this meta.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    This felt good.
    bdsy4n2l63qx.png
    Like reaaaaally good to pull off a win.
    Double golden pings is just sick against those silly mech players.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Week 4 EVIL battles down. Much better than last week.

Now to go get that Shotbot and bring the full power of Mech Paladin online.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    AzSPyDq.png

Battlegrounds update! I am currently at 5.6k MMR and climbing. Which is cool cause I think the first time I posted about struggling in BGs I was at 4.8k. I've definitely got a better grasp on gameflow now. Able to hit Top 4 a lot more often. More often than not, mostly. Demons seem to be easy street but also HIGHLY contested.

For funsies, here's some of my previous Warbands:

DaEQl9H.png
    This was fun. I made a hard pivot to Beasts once I nabbed Rivendare and later Goldrinn (I forget what I was before but it was surely nothing impressive. Maybe just random Deathrattle minions?). My baby boy was a 20/20 Divine Shield Taunt. The pivot was pretty late so I couldn't get any hard buffs on the Hydras but Goldrinn/Triple Rivendare was enough... but not enough for 1st place, boo.

mFhQFaD.png
    Just demons.

5MP5tfI.png
    THIS was hilarious. My first time getting the full on Triple Kaboom Bot/Kangor's/Rivendare setup. The positioning is a little weird, I got fucked over by mobile turn timers. Literally less than 30 seconds left when my turn ended b/c FUCKING ANIMATIONS especially with this build holy shit and I accidentally dragged things around weird and left em there by mistake. Good enough to beat everyone else but not good enough for that damned 1st place :V

Got fucked over by multiple cleaves anyway; My Kangors ate SHIT before either of my Mechs died off (and the mechs both had Taunt!!!)

DdRQ6Yf.png
    I got Floating Watcher off my AFKAY AWAKENS turn and there was also a Wrath Weaver available for purchase so I literally rolled fucking everyone except one other person.

This looks a little wonky (Triple Soul Juggler with only 2 demons, one of which isn't gonna die easily??) but that's because I changed my board state in an attempt to get 1st place. Before that it was a random smattering of Demons like Imprisoner and Imp Gang etc etc. But they were small time runts. So anyway I picked up double Ghastcoiler and Rivendare because I thought "I need fucking STATS, not these wimpy runts" and it was a good idea in theory. But my opponent was Tirion with an omega-buffed Zapp and I literally had not fought him in a millennia so I had no idea :rotate: Didn't have enough time or gold to pitch the Juggler for something else but either way I wasn't getting 1st place.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/ljXzNAwHiLI

Jump to 5:29 for a big brain play. So many people would just keep their stuff and not consider playing around something like Zap. It seems insane to toss a minion, but it won him the game. Crazy!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    So this is probably the weirdest dungeon run I've had to date.

pd55v6u.jpg
    VgCgscZ.jpg

Over the course of phase 1 he spammed his hero power on a minion that added cards to his hand and filled his hand up with... something, I'm not entirely sure what. But whatever it was he either couldn't play them or refused to - once he filled his hand he stopped playing cards entirely for the rest of the game.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Jump to 5:29 for a big brain play. So many people would just keep their stuff and not consider playing around something like Zap. It seems insane to toss a minion, but it won him the game. Crazy!
    twlevewins is a really good BGs player. I've been watching his stream when some of my usuals aren't online.

forty on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Double post for Dibby burn:
    Dibby wrote:
    But my opponent was Tirion with an omega-buffed Zapp
    So many people would just keep their stuff and not consider playing around something like Zap.
    Like Dibby.

forty on
  • Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

Over the course of phase 1 he spammed his hero power on a minion that added cards to his hand and filled his hand up with... something, I'm not entirely sure what. But whatever it was he either couldn't play them or refused to - once he filled his hand he stopped playing cards entirely for the rest of the game.
    Which passive treasures did you have?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »

Which passive treasures did you have?

+1health/taunt all minions and +2 armor when a minion dies, the rest were all active.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    The sheer number of 1/1s produced by Replicating Menaces and Sn1p-Sn4ps and Sky Claws have me pondering running a Silver Sword in the Mech deck.

I am reaching back in time to high-five myself for this idea. It has won me a couple of games.

The BEST thing about it - outside of the late-game reach for when Leeroy and your Wargears are nowhere to be seen - is that it reminds me of my favorite son Dinosize because you can hear the 'who the fuck runs that?!' from across the screen.

It's probably too slow as a usual include. But definitely fun.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Tirion is busted strong. I have had him 4 times and gotten top 4 every time and 1st place twice. Just ridiculous.

I think I would take Tirion over Nefarian.

zepherin on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Tirion is busted strong. I have had him 4 times and gotten top 4 every time and 1st place twice. Just ridiculous.

I take Tirion over everything else because his HP is busted (+7/+7 a turn is really goddamn good!!) and has uncontested access to minions that no one else blinks an eye at.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I think the gravy train Lunar Festival quests end tomorrow. :(

• Options

I take Tirion over everything else because his HP is busted (+7/+7 a turn is really goddamn good!!) and has uncontested access to minions that no one else blinks an eye at.
    I had a 14/14 Khadgar and paired that with a couple of sneeds old shredder and a chonky kangors apprentice and it was just fucking ridiculous shit.