As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Maybe the [NFL] isn't so bad...

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

dude has to go to the chargers and win a super bowl just for the memes.

i need it to happen.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Taysom Hill is almost certainly not going to be a successful full time QB in the NFL.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Knight_ wrote: »

dude has to go to the chargers and win a super bowl just for the memes.

i need it to happen.

Your move Mark Davis.

I mean the state of Utah , is right up there above Nevada!

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Taysom Hill is almost certainly not going to be a successful full time QB in the NFL.

Just like 70% of starting QBs last season?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    He'd be a superstar in the XFL.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Which teams would rather have Taysom Hill a their QB?

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »

Bruce Arians might want to do it for shits and giggles

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I never even heard of Taysom Hill before today

• Options

I don’t think so since that team is good enough that if they had a better QB they’re probably a playoff team. I’m not sure Hill is better than Jameis right now.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I could ironically see him going to the Colts, but the Jets or the Lions could potentially also be spots he ends up. Depends on if they want to use him as a starter or as a backup/QB trainer for a rookie.

huh? Stafford's not exactly a rookie in need of mentoring, dude's been around a while and bringing in Rivers as an insurance policy would be a really strange choice given how much cap Stafford occupies already.

• Options

I don’t think so since that team is good enough that if they had a better QB they’re probably a playoff team. I’m not sure Hill is better than Jameis right now.

Phil going with the rest of the olds to Tampa, got it

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

i know this to be true, but the memes

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    mcp wrote: »

I thought it was a brand of artificial Christmas tree, but that's Balsam Hill.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

Hill is an unknown commodity (probably nothing special) but if he can outperform the likes of Joe Flacco Denver probably wins 10 games next season.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

Hill is an unknown commodity (probably nothing special) but if he can outperform the likes of Joe Flacco Denver probably wins 10 games next season.

He's only 6'2", not tall enough for Elway.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hill is fun as hell to watch and I think he found a niche role that works for his skillset.

I understand WANTING to be a starting QB but sometimes you have to look at your limitations and accept what will keep you employed in the NFL for the longest amount of time.

• Options

He is listed as QB but he is sorta like Tebow where he's a great athlete but not a great QB, so they play him at multiple positions on offense and special teams. Mostly comes in for trick plays, can run and has more downfield range than Brees currently. Saints had a reliable and proven backup in Bridgewater, but he is a free agent and looking for starter money so will be interesting to see what they do.

• Options
    Hill is fun as hell to watch and I think he found a niche role that works for his skillset.

I understand WANTING to be a starting QB but sometimes you have to look at your limitations and accept what will keep you employed in the NFL for the longest amount of time.

Nah, get the biggest paycheck in the shortest amount of time you can. The NFL will kill you

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »

Nah, get the biggest paycheck in the shortest amount of time you can. The NFL will kill you

Ok yeah. Can't argue with that logic.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

He's only 6'2", not tall enough for Elway.

I guess I forget how short Brees is, because every time Hill would rotate in to replace him he looked huge and I just assumed he was 6'5" or something.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options

Probably but that’s also the opposite kind of QB that Elway likes.

I wonder if Hill would be an upgrade in Indy. Las Vegas too.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Brissett isn't so bad that Indy needs to kick the tires on a guy with 13 career passing attempts. He wont win a Super Bowl or anything but if they can find another receiver that can get open besides Hilton the Colts should be competitive in their division.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Denver has Drew Lock anyways

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular

He is listed as QB but he is sorta like Tebow where he's a great athlete but not a great QB, so they play him at multiple positions on offense and special teams. Mostly comes in for trick plays, can run and has more downfield range than Brees currently. Saints had a reliable and proven backup in Bridgewater, but he is a free agent and looking for starter money so will be interesting to see what they do.

So the new Kordell Stewart?

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    expendable wrote: »

Slash was fun tho

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    expendable wrote: »

Slash was fun tho

Watch the Stiller's draft Jalen Hurts to bring about the second coming of "Slash".

Especially if the; "Harf Harf" gets his dumbass injured again.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

Alternately just be a backup QB or backup kicker for like 10 years and retire rich and healthy

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Brissett isn't so bad that Indy needs to kick the tires on a guy with 13 career passing attempts. He wont win a Super Bowl or anything but if they can find another receiver that can get open besides Hilton the Colts should be competitive in their division.

I feel like this is a good argument for the Colts looking at the old QBs, especially Brees who has excelled with limited receiving help (pre Michael Thomas going Tecmo Bo)

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Somewhere at my mom's house, I have an autographed, framed Kordell Stewart poster. I waited in line and maybe even got to shake his hand? I forget. I always loved him as a kid.

Also the name Slash became funny in hindsight when I discovered fanfiction and that I was gay.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Guitarist Slash has a thing for top hats which I feel are in line with your avatar

The Slash is strong in you

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options

I feel like this is a good argument for the Colts looking at the old QBs, especially Brees who has excelled with limited receiving help (pre Michael Thomas going Tecmo Bo)

Only if they are able to bring in a known high-caliber weapon. T.Y. only played 10 games last season and every one he missed highlighted how big the dropoff in ability Brisetts 2nd-5th options are. Unless Indy engineers a trade for OBJ or some shit, Brees would be wasting his time coming here.

• Options
    Jameis Winston had LASIK to fix his vision. Apparently he is very near sighted... Which.. Yeah, that makes sense.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Jameis Winston had LASIK to fix his vision. Apparently he is very near sighted... Which.. Yeah, that makes sense.

If only we could use lasers to correct his decision making, he'd be all set.

Fake Edit: my autocorrect originally turned "lasers" into "lawyers" - pretty sure the laywers already got a crack at improving his judgment (and failed).

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    To be fair (TO BE FAYAH) if he was throwing downfield to colored blobs it could help him.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Cam on the Bears would be awesome

• Options
    From what I've seen, the Bears are going hard for Bridgewater.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    If Cam can play for another team then there isn't a good reason for the Panthers to let him go. If he's healthy he's better than half of the players on there. If he isn't then why would anyone take him?

• Options
    Please let the Cowboys cripple themselves by giving Dak the contract he wants.

This discussion has been closed.