As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Titan still a problem.

What’s silly is that since my team has almost no luck elements to it, I should be able to plan out a strict schedule for each action and test that. Of course, the human element throws a wrench into that, as does the time it takes to test each approach. This is gonna be a slow burner, I think.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Titan still a problem.

What’s silly is that since my team has almost no luck elements to it, I should be able to plan out a strict schedule for each action and test that. Of course, the human element throws a wrench into that, as does the time it takes to test each approach. This is gonna be a slow burner, I think.

This is my problem too. I can't do these 1 minute plus fights without making a mistake, and these fights are completely unforgiving of mistakes.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    If I could have my wish, these fights would have checkpoints that save your team’s state at each phase change. And if you lose or reset, you would get the option to come back and reload from that checkpoint, since starting from the start can mean a long time doing the scheduled actions by rote if the failures only happen deep into the fight.

I know this could lead to save scumming for the perfect fight with Bartz casting 5 times every time, but It’s still what I’d like.

Failing that, Wait mode would be lovely.

Enlong on
  • Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    I wish I had done all of the fights 8 times instead of 4 now, because I’d really like to have defensive options available. I suppose one alternative is to go and try to clear the opposite fight where possible to avoid the joys of relearning a fight that worked at some point and is probably very broken now.

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Quick! Hurry! Ifrit accidentally got released!

(And is still completely in Japanese)

E:
    Oh, and the actual magicite that you'd get if you won is a pointer error that crashes your game if you try to look it up on the battle setup screen.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Too soon! You have released Ifrit too soon, before maintenance!

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Caved and got shantotto lmr to get me a ffxi sub-30. She's my only good lightning mage anyway so I figure it can't hurt really.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Apparently Dark Ifrit is the last monthly Infernal multiplayer raid that gives only gil. Starting next month, they give a handful of lens too, so will actually be worth doing.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Apparently Dark Ifrit is the last monthly Infernal multiplayer raid that gives only gil. Starting next month, they give a handful of lens too, so will actually be worth doing.

I love/hate this change.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Nooooooooooooooooooo

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Aww shit, I was so happy ignoring those fights.

• Options
    So we're going to have to start scheduling discord nights, eh?

In other news, continuing my autobattle attempts, since it's a new week. Manticore was slightly close due to dispel. I apparently have a crazy physical fire team now. But it's ice which is proving a little tough - lack of magic awakenings, and syldra's Hasting itself are annoying.

• Options
    It's not like they give a LOT. It's a whopping 35 level 3 lens.

At one infernal raid a month, it'll take almost 2.5 years before you'd get enough for a single extra relic.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Okay, got the whole outer ring of 5* with sub-30 autobattle.

Typhon was annoying and I had to actually slow down damage because I started getting snorted at when he was 2 buffed and I didn't have consistent healing up.

Heta might be RNG because I forgot how fucking fast he was at the end.

Titan is a godsend for adamantoise and its res boost in rage. Once more, dispelling of haste was the most annoying factor here.

Holy/dark are all that remain!

• Options
    Oh new dungeons. I'm gonna do just that.

Have you guys tried out Dragalia Lost? Man, I do not get this game at all. It seems even worse than FFRK when you're starting out that you can just Auto the Story.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    woooooooow.

ok yesterday, I got Nabaat's Bubsy. Which is a fine upgrade over her Imperil USB. Today....I've got Garland's Awakening?! Holy shit. So this one is Dark Abilities? Does it work with Heavy Combat?

edit: yes it does! Man poor Lakshmi. She definitely doesn't stand a chance. It's too bad Garland's LM2 is meant more for Demon's Cross but Sephiroth is already using it! I don't know how it happened but now I have a kick-ass Darkness team.

Sephiroth: AASB + USB2 + Dual Cast LMR (and BSB).
    Garland: AASB (reflect damage!) + BUSB + BSB + Glint (lame on tho).
    Seifer: CSB + USB2 (Group Instacast one) + BSB (reflect damage!) + SSB + AOSB + Dual Cast and EnDark LMR.

And I could even field Cloud: USB 2 + AOSB2 + Glint

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    ....I just realized that I was attempting my darkness physical team against Madeen instead of Lakshmi.

And was wondering why my guys weren't consistently breaking the damage cap.

(Later in the battle, I actually was! I was getting close to sub-30!)

• Options
    Okay, all 5* sub-30 autobattle except ark. Not sure how to tackle this one since my offensive holy magic options aren't great.

Deathgaze's blind is the real annoying thing for him.

• Options
    Ok back to 200 mythril. Dammit I gotta talk myself out of trying to get Tidus Synchro. Is it me, or do Synchros never return?

• Options
    Ok back to 200 mythril. Dammit I gotta talk myself out of trying to get Tidus Synchro. Is it me, or do Synchros never return?

Everything returns on a long enough timeline.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I'm expecting a gem select in JP within the next 6 months.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Okay, all 5* sub-30 autobattle except ark. Not sure how to tackle this one since my offensive holy magic options aren't great.

Deathgaze's blind is the real annoying thing for him.

My autobattle team against Ark is just my Deathgaze team without any overstrike damage, lol.

• Options
    yrehjxv270t9.jpg

Wherein I remember holy summons are a thing, and R4 the 6* holy summon.

Also I apparently used my lv 99 Lakshmi for inheritance fodder for its MND boost and forgot to make another.

ANYWAY, all 5* magicite now have sub-30 autobattle. MVPs are Aerith for G+/awakening combo, and Alphinaud for propping up multiple elements.

• Options
    Lunar Dragon is hilarious against Ark.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    New MVP e-mail apparently advertises that it's another month of nothing at all.

Like, it's literally just "Here are the next four weekly events, and also a couple random banners of old stuff."

What excitement.

Doesn't even mention Ifrit or Realms on Parade, the latter of which should be starting before the FFXI event it does mention.

E:
    Oh, and they're skipping/delaying the beach event full of water stuff, so that's fantastic.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Tidus Synchro event should be plenty of stuff to beat Ifrit with a physical team. The water magic pickup should be plenty of stuff for the magic team. The summer-themed water thing doesn't really make sense to have in Feb/March, we'll probably see it in June or something.

Maybe they didn't feel like announcing Ifrit because they already soft-announced it with the apology for accidentally releasing it early?

• Options
    It feels more like a draught than ever before, I guess because regularly scheduled content is just nothing nowadays.

• Options
    Hate Torment Jenova so, so much. Have 3 things that are as good as Awakeninfs in the realm, the Realm chain, and just got Aerith’s good USB, and that thing still slaps me down easily. It’s the very small pool of characters who can use white magic or dispel, I think. So much is required of Aerith, and I think I’m going to have to field Cait Smith instead of my preferred 3 DPS setup.

• Options
    I think my sub-30 run ignored haste? I want to say I used the AoE heavy combat dark ability with Cloud+USB to take care of the tentacles, and otherwise just had everyone focus on the center.

• Options
    I’ve been trying to kill one and leave the other up so that the first one never revives. Might be a wrong way to do it though.

• Options
    I’ve been trying to kill one and leave the other up so that the first one never revives. Might be a wrong way to do it though.

I think they start confusing half your team if left alive.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think I killed both arms. Not sure if it was important though I had some DPS.
    Drought of events doesn't bother me much, just building up mythril and magia.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yeah I got tired of banging my head on 6* Magicite, so hibernating until Lucky Draws change my fate seems the only option.

• Options
    Got it.

The extra protection from having catfairy on the team helped, as did killing both arms.

I didn’t get much out of Dark Impact, but do you know what does work well for this fight? Demonsblood. Yeah, that old 6-star samurai skill nobody uses. Sephiroth can use it to hit all 3 targets and gain Retaliate, getting some counterattacks in when the arms attack. So that’s nice.

• Options
    Got it.

The extra protection from having catfairy on the team helped, as did killing both arms.

I didn’t get much out of Dark Impact, but do you know what does work well for this fight? Demonsblood. Yeah, that old 6-star samurai skill nobody uses. Sephiroth can use it to hit all 3 targets and gain Retaliate, getting some counterattacks in when the arms attack. So that’s nice.

I did it using Cloud USB1 + AoE wind spellblade. I did have to field Cait Sith for his Boostga tho. FF7 feels very messy compared to say FFX despite having some of the best characters (Aerith, Cloud, Zack and Sephiroth).

• Options
    Just watch - we're complaining now, and then after update they'll have refreshed elemental banners.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Got it.

What did you use for Cait Sith? I'm still getting a ton of mileage out of his BSB.

• Options
    Just watch - we're complaining now, and then after update they'll have refreshed elemental banners.

I hope not. Rather hoping to get a few more syncs on there.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

It hasn't even been four months since the realm refresh, which we got two months early, and it's only been two months since the elemental refresh. I think there's a better chance the intern accidentally resets all the banners than there is of the refreshes coming 2-4 months early.

ztrEPtD.gif