As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's MARVEL, baybee. X-Men on fire! Black Widow in May! Sam and Bucky in August!

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    fuck, some of those are actually really good

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

I would legit read a comic starring Incognito, Retcon and S.O.N.A.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    has scarlet witch come up in the krakoa stuff

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    She was mentioned at the beginning of Hoxpox as one of the greatest enemies of the mutant race

I don't know if anything else has come up though

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    So Outlawed

was fine. I liked the art a lot (Vision appears in one panel and looks very stylized and great), but we already knew all the story beats and the dialogue was off at times

Runaways was pretty good, really clever resolution, but I've been waiting for this arc to end and I'm glad we can move on now

• Options
    i was gonna say i imagine she was persona non grata, but i was wondering if there was any active commentary, even just someone mentioning her name and spitting or something

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    i was gonna say i imagine she was persona non grata, but i was wondering if there was any active commentary, even just someone mentioning her name and spitting or something

Someone posted a page of them basically telling ghost stories about her. The impression I got was that she is essentially their boogeyman/devil.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So are they reading the forums, or what?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So are they reading the forums, or what?

or like, any part of comics twitter today

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »

I would legit read a comic starring Incognito, Retcon and S.O.N.A.

I like Gig a lot too, feels like Prodigy without the super broken aspects of his powers. He's basically professionally competent at everything and that could make for neat applications.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah Scarlet Witch is one of The Big Evils as far as most Krakoans are concerned

Wanda hasn't actually shown up yet but that's inevitable

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Also one of the really hilarious things about the New Warriors characters that got lost in the dunking is that Screentime gets their powers from

EXPERIMENTAL INTERNET GAS

Which would be great if this were going for a cheesy silver age tone but

Doesn't seem to be

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Experimental Internet Gas eh?

Has their brain overloaded? Does it have a chocolate coating?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Also one of the really hilarious things about the New Warriors characters that got lost in the dunking is that Screentime gets their powers from

Doesn't seem to be

That's what you put in your computer's tank before going on the Information Superhighway, right?

• Options
    I assume that was just a quick shorthand for some sort of airborne nanotech neural interface cluster or something

you know, cloud computing

• Options
    really, though, this is perfectly in keeping with the grand tradition of comic book super-science/tech, powered by that marvel (ahem) of the age, transistors gamma radiation kirby dots nanotech blockchain!

• Options

but seriously though no one knows how to pose siblings christ

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    "... whom I trusted like a brother. That is to say, not at all."
    - Corwin of Amber

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Maybe they are cousins. Like in Sailor Moon!

• Options
    Yeah Scarlet Witch is one of The Big Evils as far as most Krakoans are concerned

Wanda hasn't actually shown up yet but that's inevitable

I think it would be pretty funny if she refused to have anything to do with them, and told Magneto to fuck off when he tried to insist, and just send them back to Krakoa.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i assumed the twincest angle was at least semi-deliberate

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Wanda should be in the background of the first issue of any X-Men story just booking it with a suitcase, wearing shades, a tracksuit and hat. Potentially to a waiting taxi.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular

Retcon, name and all, could easily slot into any superhero book right now I feel.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm still constantly at least a little bit upset that Wanda and Pietro aren't mutants anymore

I think it might be my greatest comics grudge

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

but seriously though no one knows how to pose siblings christ

one of them should be in a headlock

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Doesn't seem to be

One of them has She Hulks origin by way of Morbius. At this point Im convinced they were literally built by committee like the omega red family from X-force

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I'm still constantly at least a little bit upset that Wanda and Pietro aren't mutants anymore

Don't worry, now that Marvel's got the X-Men movie rights back I'm sure any day now they'll reveal that that whole thing was a dream or something

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I actually like Safespace as a name for a teenage hero but the rest kind of make me cringe a bit.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    never die wrote: »

Retcon, name and all, could easily slot into any superhero book right now I feel.

"What's your super power?"

"Perfect hindsight."

"That's not really something we need on the team."

"Yes, I see that now."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options

Don't worry, now that Marvel's got the X-Men movie rights back I'm sure any day now they'll reveal that that whole thing was a dream or something

Wanda still being public enemy number one on Krakoa pretty much solidified for me that this isn't going to be the case anytime soon. If there was a time to do it, it was then.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Wait, is House of M still canon? I figured all that would have been retconned within the fiscal year.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Everything in marvel comics is canon unless the current story necessitates otherwise

• Options

Wanda still being public enemy number one on Krakoa pretty much solidified for me that this isn't going to be the case anytime soon. If there was a time to do it, it was then.
    Personally I think the story is much more interesting if she is revealed to still be a mutant

How will Krakoa reckon with their SHE IS THE BETRAYER shit with the general forgiveness and amnesty policy if she turns out to be a fellow mutant?

That's far more interesting, and seems in line with what DoX is dealing in, than her just being An Other.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I do think that would be an interesting story, I just don't have a lot of faith in that actually being the case.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Wait, is House of M still canon? I figured all that would have been retconned within the fiscal year.

Dude, "No More Mutants" was the status quo from 2005 to 2012!

• Options
    I do think that would be an interesting story, I just don't have a lot of faith in that actually being the case.
    Eh, it seems like the exact kind of story Hickman loves and also he clearly has plans for Wanda given her spotlight so far

We'll see, I guess!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular

Personally I think the story is much more interesting if she is revealed to still be a mutant

How will Krakoa reckon with their SHE IS THE BETRAYER shit with the general forgiveness and amnesty policy if she turns out to be a fellow mutant?

That's far more interesting, and seems in line with what DoX is dealing in, than her just being An Other.

What was the latest retcon in regards to her and Pietro?

Last I heard awhile ago is that they were actually Inhumans, but I can't help feeling like I heard that was changed again afterwards.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Dys wrote: »

What was the latest retcon in regards to her and Pietro?

Last I heard awhile ago is that they were actually Inhumans, but I can't help feeling like I heard that was changed again afterwards.

High Evolutionary experiments is the only one I've heard. (Could have just gone with the kids of Whizzer and Miss America after all).

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
This discussion has been closed.