As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

it's time we, as a people, face up to Nickelback

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    theory of a deadman might be the worst band in human history is my main takeaway here

Only if Five Finger Death Punch ceases to exist.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Straightzi wrote: »
    We had the radio on, some shitty music was playing, and it got us talking about other shitty music that had gained widespread public exposure despite no one admitting to liking it, and how weird it must be to be one of the secret fans who unironically loved Aqua's "Barbie Girl" or whatever enough to keep requesting it and sustaining it on the airwaves for months.

Hey! Hey!

Barbie Girl kicks ass!

I knew someone was going to say this, the only question was whether it was you or Zonnie

Shorty on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Five Finger Death Punch is what it would be like if Monster Energy Drink came alive.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Five Finger Death Punch is what it would be like if Monster Energy Drink came alive.

that's post malone

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    five finger death punch is a ridiculous name but it's not like the band takes itself seriously so...seems like a good name, tbh

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

that's post malone

That's a what now

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    We had the radio on, some shitty music was playing, and it got us talking about other shitty music that had gained widespread public exposure despite no one admitting to liking it, and how weird it must be to be one of the secret fans who unironically loved Aqua's "Barbie Girl" or whatever enough to keep requesting it and sustaining it on the airwaves for months.

Hey! Hey!

Barbie Girl kicks ass!

I'm talking about secret fans of shitty music. People who blast their bad opinions all over the place like an egg salad fart in crowded subway car are a whole different matter.

(For real though, that song is fine, but it falls into the category of music I mostly encountered at Mormon Youth Dances, which were not places for making happy memories.)

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2020

that's post malone

I dunno, everything I hear about Post Malone is that he's a really lovely person.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    hero is a legitimately great song, the rest is eh

Same with my thoughts on Oasis, I really like Morning Glory but nothing else.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

that's post malone

That's a what now

Something that was the focal point of a Bud Light Seltzer Superb Owl commercial.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »

that's post malone

I dunno, everything I hear about Post Malone is that he's a really lovely person.

so are nickleback apparently

that doesn't change my point

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Also Nickelback definitely aren't as bad as Hawthorne Heights.

A band I literally only remember because of how bad they were.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I only like bad music

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    When I had my first job in a servo, the dude I usually had shifts with would constantly play Nickelback and Creed, so now any time I hear their music I have a weird craving for giant gummy snakes and the smell of tobacco

FUCKING KILLER PYTHONS HOLY SHIT I WANT ONE NOW

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    One of the first bands I ever really got into in my late teens when I decided music was worth caring about was rammstein.

They don't really hold up at all.

• Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    There are worse and darker depths than nickelback

I mean yeah, obviously. Nickelback is the definition of mediocre. Their music is so fucking average and perfectly inoffensive that it's offensive.

They don't suck cause they're bad, they suck cause they're nothing

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Also Nickelback definitely aren't as bad as Hawthorne Heights.

A band I literally only remember because of how bad they were.

But facetious, Ohio is for lovers.

https://youtu.be/hUO-sRLotOI

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    signing theory of a deadman to a label is enough reason to send chad kroeger to the fuckin' stocks in my opinion

look, when a band is as big as Nickelback was it's inevitable that they'll have copycat acts trying to ride their coattails

signing and producing the copycats yourself is fucking brilliant (see also: Default)

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    My problem with Nickelback is they made one good/successful song and then spent years effectively just remaking How You Remind Me instead of trying anything new

I actually really liked their second album, The State at the time, though I haven't gone back and listened to it in years to see if it still holds up

The Tea Party had a similar problem, years of distinctive sounding goth/industrial/prog rock, and then Heaven Coming Down blew up and they tried to chase more mainstream success for a while

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    the spider-man song Hero is nothing compared to the spider-man 2 song Vindicated anyway

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    signing theory of a deadman to a label is enough reason to send chad kroeger to the fuckin' stocks in my opinion

look, when a band is as big as Nickelback was it's inevitable that they'll have copycat acts trying to ride their coattails

signing and producing the copycats yourself is fucking brilliant (see also: Default)

Ah yes, I see you're familiar with Theory of A NickelCreedFault.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Oh you know who was the opener on that tour?

Puddle of Mudd

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    When I had my first job in a servo, the dude I usually had shifts with would constantly play Nickelback and Creed, so now any time I hear their music I have a weird craving for giant gummy snakes and the smell of tobacco

I love that this is like
    a Pavlovian Australian response to this post

... fuck it I’m going online shopping somebody has to ship Allens sweets to the US

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

I love that this is like

... fuck it I’m going online shopping somebody has to ship Allens sweets to the US

If you succeed I'll need some Redskins and some milkos and a killer python andaybe even some clinkers.

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »
    Oh you know who was the opener on that tour?

Puddle of Mudd

this is the most early aughts possible answer

• Options
    I don't know if these are at all comparable but holy shit they're good
    https://www.bulkbarn.ca/en/Products/All/Juicy-Rattlesnake-Gummies-550

hmmm, the bulk barn a couple blocks from me is doing online order/pickup

HMMM

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    In Arizona they just suck on a regular rattlesnake

• Options
    edited April 2020

I love that this is like

If you succeed I'll need some Redskins and some milkos and a killer python andaybe even some clinkers.

Looks like The Australian Food shop has most of these things, for a non trivial markup
    But I now have to disown you cause clinkers are awful sorry

Edit: also wow remember how redskins used to have a Native American caricature on the packaging
    I assume by keeping the name and changing up the logo we are now pretending this candy is actual literal skin which is ... well it’s off putting but probably somewhat better

tynic on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Is that candy named after the waste from industrial processes

• Options
    Platy wrote: »

Clinkers? I assume so because it has much the same effect on your teeth.

• Options
    Platy wrote: »

Clinkers? I assume so because it has much the same effect on your teeth.

clinkers occupies the same brainspace as pingers, which I supposed is proper australian

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I spent my entire freshman year of college with the MSN Instant Messenger handle "on a live wire right up off the street."

Smashing Pumpkins is a much better band than Nickelback, this just seemed like the right thread to get that off my chest.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I spent my entire freshman year of college with the MSN Instant Messenger handle "on a live wire right up off the street."

Smashing Pumpkins is a much better band than Nickelback, this just seemed like the right thread to get that off my chest.

yes, but at least Chad Kroeger hasn't been a repeated guest on Infowars

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    The best Smashing Pumpkins related thing is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azhgpelu0vY

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »

yes, but at least Chad Kroeger hasn't been a repeated guest on Infowars

Today I have learned a new and terrible thing about Billy Corgan.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I for one am just really really glad that The Strokes saved rock and roll

• Options
    Also I’m a shithead who was only listening to Dream Theater and their spinoff superband albums at this time

I’m not proud

• Options
    While getting a music degree

• Options
    Also I’m a shithead who was only listening to Dream Theater and their spinoff superband albums at this time

I’m not proud

You are a man of taste and distinction and I would like to buy you a beer, once social distancing is over.

Not everyone can appreciate those that compose in 19/16.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Billy Krogan

is that anything