Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Queeb

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Queeb

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    *Googles*

Nawwww. I really hoped those were real.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I'm not sure what we did to deserve the effort Mike put into it, but I appreciate it.

dennis on
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I wonder if The Cat ever did pass the TC/IP module

• Options
    GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    I really hate the Quibi ads. They're fucking everywhere.

• Options
    AstralMuffinAstralMuffin Registered User regular
    One think one can appreciate about all this lockdown thing is all the variety of situations we're getting in the strip

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I had never heard of this app so I had to look it up:
    Content

List of original programs distributed by Quibi

The company plans to spend $1.1 billion on commissioning original content in its first year, totaling 8,500[10] short-form episodes and including over 175 shows.[11] Quibi's original programming includes:

Chrissy's Court, a Judge Judy-style reality show starring Chrissy Teigen.[12]
    Spielberg's After Dark, a horror series written and created by Steven Spielberg. The show is unique on the platform in that it can be viewed only at night.[13]
    Kill the Efrons, a survival reality starring Zac Efron and his brother Dylan, where the pair will be sent to remote parts of the world.[14]
    Frat Boy Genius, a drama about Snapchat and its founder, Evan Spiegel.[15]
    Fierce Queens, a documentary series commissioned by the BBC Natural History Unit, which shows natural history from a female perspective.[16]
    Punk’d, a reboot of the celebrity prank show, hosted by Chance The Rapper.

'Kill The Efrons'. I woud actually watch that. Truly the show most suited to the dystopian-mid-pandemic-late-stage-capitalist world we all now live (nay, exist) in. /s :rotate: :bzz:

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Content

The company plans to spend $1.1 billion on commissioning original content in its first year, totaling 8,500[10] short-form episodes and including over 175 shows.[11] Quibi's original programming includes:

Spielberg's After Dark, a horror series written and created by Steven Spielberg. The show is unique on the platform in that it can be viewed only at night.[13]
    Kill the Efrons, a survival reality starring Zac Efron and his brother Dylan, where the pair will be sent to remote parts of the world.[14]
    Fierce Queens, a documentary series commissioned by the BBC Natural History Unit, which shows natural history from a female perspective.[16]

Spielberg one could be neat. I liked the old Amazing Stories (haven't seen the new one yet).

Did a double take on 'Fierce Queens'. At first I missed the 'natural' part and thought it'd be a BBC history show focusing on female monarchs, which hey I might watch that. Now I'm just confused. What is gendered about natural history documentaries?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Content

Spielberg one could be neat. I liked the old Amazing Stories (haven't seen the new one yet).

Did a double take on 'Fierce Queens'. At first I missed the 'natural' part and thought it'd be a BBC history show focusing on female monarchs, which hey I might watch that. Now I'm just confused. What is gendered about natural history documentaries?

Here's the page with descriptions of each of the episodes: https://quibi.com/shows/fierce-queens-277/

As a long-time nature documentary fan and a feminist, I find this approach... questionable. It certainly seems like it was an idea that came direct from the marketing department.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I thought if said 'orgasm' at first and I was like 'man... what a great thing to crowdsource.'

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I thought if said 'orgasm' at first and I was like 'man... what a great thing to crowdsource.'

That's uh

That's a thing too

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    The cat was the best part <3