Penny Arcade - Comic - The Queeb

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 17 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Queeb

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here


Unknown User on
dennisQuidTofystedethAndy JoecB557BobbleRhesus PositiveZilla360H3KnucklesSmrtnik

Posts

  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    *Googles*

    Nawwww. I really hoped those were real.

  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    edited April 17
    I'm not sure what we did to deserve the effort Mike put into it, but I appreciate it.

    dennis on
    ani_game_bumrembrandtqeinsteinQuidAndy JoeBobbleZilla360H3KnucklesThawmus
  • V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I wonder if The Cat ever did pass the TC/IP module

    H3Knuckles
  • GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    I really hate the Quibi ads. They're fucking everywhere.

    Kayne Red Robe
  • AstralMuffinAstralMuffin Registered User regular
    One think one can appreciate about all this lockdown thing is all the variety of situations we're getting in the strip

    RingoAldoZilla360H3KnucklesThawmus
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Surreal. Immersive. Earth.Registered User regular
    edited April 18
    I had never heard of this app so I had to look it up:
    Content

    List of original programs distributed by Quibi

    The company plans to spend $1.1 billion on commissioning original content in its first year, totaling 8,500[10] short-form episodes and including over 175 shows.[11] Quibi's original programming includes:

    Chrissy's Court, a Judge Judy-style reality show starring Chrissy Teigen.[12]
    Spielberg's After Dark, a horror series written and created by Steven Spielberg. The show is unique on the platform in that it can be viewed only at night.[13]
    Kill the Efrons, a survival reality starring Zac Efron and his brother Dylan, where the pair will be sent to remote parts of the world.[14]
    Frat Boy Genius, a drama about Snapchat and its founder, Evan Spiegel.[15]
    Fierce Queens, a documentary series commissioned by the BBC Natural History Unit, which shows natural history from a female perspective.[16]
    Punk’d, a reboot of the celebrity prank show, hosted by Chance The Rapper.

    'Kill The Efrons'. I woud actually watch that.
    Truly the show most suited to the dystopian-mid-pandemic-late-stage-capitalist world we all now live (nay, exist) in. /s :rotate::bzz:

    Zilla360 on
    NH844lc.png | PSN | GACSALB.jpg My Blog |
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited April 18
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    I had never heard of this app so I had to look it up:
    Content

    List of original programs distributed by Quibi

    The company plans to spend $1.1 billion on commissioning original content in its first year, totaling 8,500[10] short-form episodes and including over 175 shows.[11] Quibi's original programming includes:

    Chrissy's Court, a Judge Judy-style reality show starring Chrissy Teigen.[12]
    Spielberg's After Dark, a horror series written and created by Steven Spielberg. The show is unique on the platform in that it can be viewed only at night.[13]
    Kill the Efrons, a survival reality starring Zac Efron and his brother Dylan, where the pair will be sent to remote parts of the world.[14]
    Frat Boy Genius, a drama about Snapchat and its founder, Evan Spiegel.[15]
    Fierce Queens, a documentary series commissioned by the BBC Natural History Unit, which shows natural history from a female perspective.[16]
    Punk’d, a reboot of the celebrity prank show, hosted by Chance The Rapper.

    Spielberg one could be neat. I liked the old Amazing Stories (haven't seen the new one yet).

    Did a double take on 'Fierce Queens'. At first I missed the 'natural' part and thought it'd be a BBC history show focusing on female monarchs, which hey I might watch that. Now I'm just confused. What is gendered about natural history documentaries?

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Zilla360
  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    I had never heard of this app so I had to look it up:
    Content

    List of original programs distributed by Quibi

    The company plans to spend $1.1 billion on commissioning original content in its first year, totaling 8,500[10] short-form episodes and including over 175 shows.[11] Quibi's original programming includes:

    Chrissy's Court, a Judge Judy-style reality show starring Chrissy Teigen.[12]
    Spielberg's After Dark, a horror series written and created by Steven Spielberg. The show is unique on the platform in that it can be viewed only at night.[13]
    Kill the Efrons, a survival reality starring Zac Efron and his brother Dylan, where the pair will be sent to remote parts of the world.[14]
    Frat Boy Genius, a drama about Snapchat and its founder, Evan Spiegel.[15]
    Fierce Queens, a documentary series commissioned by the BBC Natural History Unit, which shows natural history from a female perspective.[16]
    Punk’d, a reboot of the celebrity prank show, hosted by Chance The Rapper.

    Spielberg one could be neat. I liked the old Amazing Stories (haven't seen the new one yet).

    Did a double take on 'Fierce Queens'. At first I missed the 'natural' part and thought it'd be a BBC history show focusing on female monarchs, which hey I might watch that. Now I'm just confused. What is gendered about natural history documentaries?

    Here's the page with descriptions of each of the episodes: https://quibi.com/shows/fierce-queens-277/

    As a long-time nature documentary fan and a feminist, I find this approach... questionable. It certainly seems like it was an idea that came direct from the marketing department.

    Zilla360H3Knuckles
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    I thought if said 'orgasm' at first and I was like 'man... what a great thing to crowdsource.'

    H9f4bVe.png
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I thought if said 'orgasm' at first and I was like 'man... what a great thing to crowdsource.'

    That's uh

    That's a thing too

    VyolynceH3KnucklesZilla360SorceAndy Joe
  • shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    The cat was the best part <3

    Andy JoeZilla360
Sign In or Register to comment.