As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stay inside and read [Webcomics]

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I lurv the colors in that K6BD but I also love the strong philosophical turn it's making away from power (everyone rooting for Allison to get swole and reach heaven through violence)
    You are already a dead man. From the moment you started to exist, death has bored into your ribcage and settled in your chest. It has its fingers into your very bones. When you are born, death is very small and weak, but he grows stronger every second, until he will wear you like a second skin. Do not fool yourself into thinking he is not there. You will feel him. Do not deny his presence. You must swallow death, and make him a part of you, and make of your ribcage a home for him.”

-Yaun, the dead

K6BD has always been harping that power isn't the power to destroy.

It's having that power, and choosing not to use it.

Just like Discworld

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    pboqxyx8f2qx.png
    Questionable Content

Oh, this is going to be cheerful.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    "I have no idea who he was, because I couldn't see his cheekbones. All I know is that he was obsessed with getting Amber O'Malley to leave college and 'come home', seemed to have very strong opinions of her suggesting that he knew her well (or believed he did), and had an accomplice who identified himself as Faz (known step or possibly actual son of Blaine O'Malley), who we could identify ourselves because we could see his cheekbones. But his identity is a mystery to us, you'd need to be some kind of super-detective to identify him."

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Hu
    Wasn't Solomon's backstory that a bunch of super powerful monks stood by and let his world get destroyed because they were pacifists, so he trained under them until he was even stronger than them and then killed them all

I think it's gonna be slightly more complicated than "real power lies in not using any power"

I could totally be wrong but I'm still placing all my money on this chapters divide being about Solomons unwillingness to trust anyone else with his power and Allison leaning on people and even giving them power. Solomon can't be defeated straight up one on one. He doesn't need to be. For all his strength he can only ever be one place. A key holder with more trust in the people around her can be everywhere.

I can definitely see this direction

If the power of a king is to cut then the most radical thing they can do is cut themselves

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Hu
    Wasn't Solomon's backstory that a bunch of super powerful monks stood by and let his world get destroyed because they were pacifists, so he trained under them until he was even stronger than them and then killed them all

I think it's gonna be slightly more complicated than "real power lies in not using any power"

I could totally be wrong but I'm still placing all my money on this chapters divide being about Solomons unwillingness to trust anyone else with his power and Allison leaning on people and even giving them power. Solomon can't be defeated straight up one on one. He doesn't need to be. For all his strength he can only ever be one place. A key holder with more trust in the people around her can be everywhere.

If the power of a king is to cut then the most radical thing they can do is cut themselves
    klemming wrote: »

?

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

That's more instruction on how to shave than my dad ever gave me. I was given a razor and a can of shaving cream and told to do it.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Peewi wrote: »

That's more instruction on how to shave than my dad ever gave me. I was given a razor and a can of shaving cream and told to do it.

I wasn't even given a can of shaving cream, I was assured that shaving cream was largely a scam and you could basically just do it with water

Speed Racer on
  • Options

I wasn't even given a can of shaving cream, I was assured that shaving cream was largely a scam and you could basically just do it with water

That's child teenager abuse.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    p800tsdaocbh.png
    Dumbing of Age

"It's not like my obsession with Amber would be a giveaway even if everything else I thought was true, which it's clearly not."

At this point I feel mostly tired by DoA, but this strip just melted my brain. Nothing about it makes any sense. The individual words are in English but it just doesn't even begin to scan.

Blaine is convinced nobody will believe these people despite publicly kidnapping all of them and that somehow none of them can figure out who he is, and is willing to threaten murder on a hostage if anybody takes any action to stp him. Becky is solving the hostage situation by giving herself up to Blaine, who does not care about her at all, but she's actually being smart by putting a dead man's switch out, except that switch is just "tell people what happened here", which is basically what Blaine was convinced isn't a problem. This switch has also basically already been thrown, eliminating all leverage while Blaine still has the hostage.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Water? You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

Water? You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

wow that's really rough

• Options
    milski wrote: »
    p800tsdaocbh.png
    Dumbing of Age

"It's not like my obsession with Amber would be a giveaway even if everything else I thought was true, which it's clearly not."

At this point I feel mostly tired by DoA, but this strip just melted my brain. Nothing about it makes any sense. The individual words are in English but it just doesn't even begin to scan.

Blaine is convinced nobody will believe these people despite publicly kidnapping all of them and that somehow none of them can figure out who he is, and is willing to threaten murder on a hostage if anybody takes any action to stp him. Becky is solving the hostage situation by giving herself up to Blaine, who does not care about her at all, but she's actually being smart by putting a dead man's switch out, except that switch is just "tell people what happened here", which is basically what Blaine was convinced isn't a problem. This switch has also basically already been thrown, eliminating all leverage while Blaine still has the hostage.

Blaine is absolutely convinced of three things that reality disagrees on; Amazi-Girl is not his daughter, no-one can tell who he is with a tiny mask on, and he's a big man in the mob that they will act to protect no matter what, rather than just drop him and find a less insane money launderer. The first two have already screwed up his genius plan, and the last is going to seriously hurt whatever he thinks will let him get away with this. Hopefully he'll realise he's got three options; run the fuck away on his own, get arrested for murder and kidnapping, or get shot for having a hostage when the cops show up.

Becky didn't know about the rest of this, but her plan made sense for her position; give herself up to free the hostages, but announce her kidnapping (and her kidnappers) to the world at the same time.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    p800tsdaocbh.png
    Dumbing of Age

Blaine is absolutely convinced of three things that reality disagrees on; Amazi-Girl is not his daughter, no-one can tell who he is with a tiny mask on, and he's a big man in the mob that they will act to protect no matter what, rather than just drop him and find a less insane money launderer. The first two have already screwed up his genius plan, and the last is going to seriously hurt whatever he thinks will let him get away with this. Hopefully he'll realise he's got three options; run the fuck away on his own, get arrested for murder and kidnapping, or get shot for having a hostage when the cops show up.

Becky didn't know about the rest of this, but her plan made sense for her position; give herself up to free the hostages, but announce her kidnapping (and her kidnappers) to the world at the same time.

If Blaine is so delusional he isn't a threat, even when explicitly threatening hostages, this whole arc is pretty much pointless. Like, him not realizing who Amazi-Girl is is a dumb gag, sure, whatever, but we're just arbitrarily flip-flopping from taking his threats to brain Joyce with a hammer seriously to being able to threaten him successfully because... Iunno, narrative convenience? Becky being Willis's favorite character?

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    His stance is "I can threaten to hurt this hostage and get away with it."
    Reality's stance is "He can threaten to hurt this hostage and has absolutely no chance in hell of getting away with it."
    He's still a threat, but the key is getting him to realise how badly he's fucked, in the hope that he stops digging.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    The super-secret plot twist is that this is actually Blaine’s long lost twin Enialb, who is using this whole thing to destroy Blaine’s reputation because he wanted to be the good twin for once. He shaved his goatee and everything!

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    The super-secret plot twist is that this is actually Blaine’s long lost twin Enialb, who is using this whole thing to destroy Blaine’s reputation because he wanted to be the good twin for once. He shaved his goatee and everything!

Are you sure he's not just an alien clone? With repressed memories?

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Jerry's eldest is absolutely not old enough to need to know how to shave I refuse to accept this

God, where does the time go when did I get Old

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Reality's stance is "He can threaten to hurt this hostage and has absolutely no chance in hell of getting away with it."
    He's still a threat, but the key is getting him to realise how badly he's fucked, in the hope that he stops digging.

If he isn't threatened by somebody who has already beaten him saying they're going to cave his skull in, I don't see why he'd be threatened by the social media presence of people he already thinks can't do anything to him. And if he is threatened by that, he already committed murder 1, mass kidnapping, and several attempted murders; why would he care about the hostage at that point?

Like, this isn't "You get away if you let the hostage go", it's "You're cornered and I'm threatening you while you have a hostage."

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Are you sure he's not just an alien clone? With repressed memories?

Nah, that’s Blaiine, the one who works at the Coroner’s office, who is going to cover the whole thing by having a cloned Toedad (with repressed memories) “miraculously” resurrect on the slab and promptly swear blind that he tripped onto that hammer going downstairs in the dark and his good friend just ran off to get help because his phone wasn’t working.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options

If he isn't threatened by somebody who has already beaten him saying they're going to cave his skull in, I don't see why he'd be threatened by the social media presence of people he already thinks can't do anything to him. And if he is threatened by that, he already committed murder 1, mass kidnapping, and several attempted murders; why would he care about the hostage at that point?

Like, this isn't "You get away if you let the hostage go", it's "You're cornered and I'm threatening you while you have a hostage."

No, this is "You can either go on the run for murder and kidnapping and get arrested when they catch you, or you can go on the run with a hostage, encouraging an immediate massive and public manhunt with a much higher chance of getting shot." I assume fleeing the country is a lot harder with the latter option.
    He needs to be made to realise that he has no possible way of walking away from this free and clear. His only remaining choice is exactly how many crimes he commits and gets punished for. To do this, his presidential level of self delusion that he won't suffer the consequences of his actions needs to be broken, and confirming that yes, they do know who this Mystery Masked Man is is the first salvo of that. If Amber just takes her mask off, that'll probably pretty much break what's left of his brain.

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Ac2ORG2.png?1
    Steeple

This is the second panel. I'm not sure if the first panel has a typo or is just particularly British.

statler on
    qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular

I've never actually learned to shave. I was given an electric razor and that's all I've ever used.

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    statler wrote: »
    Steeple

This is the second panel. I'm not sure if the first panel has a typo or is just particularly British.

Either the typo has been corrected or it is indeed particularly British

Quantum Tiger on
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

ahahahahahahahahaha. I mean you can but unless you have a perfectly smooth face with no slight indentations, puffiness, acne, etc. it's not gonna be a a fun time.
    Scooter wrote: »

I've never actually learned to shave. I was given an electric razor and that's all I've ever used.

Then you know how to shave, basically.

Gundi on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    After i cut myself on dads razor at six and he laughed at my obviously pitiful lie about hitting the table, he let figure the rest out myself.

Picking out my fro.....I remember him looking up at it and grinning. Grinning that we "lost" all the pictures of his fro and braids when we fled Mogadishu

Here's a picture of me
    Ludacris1.jpg

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Scooter wrote: »

Same here. Given how many months it took me to learn how to put contacts in, it was probably a wise decision.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    If you don't grow thick hair, you really don't need shaving cream. I've been able to use just hot water my whole life.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    After i cut myself on dads razor at six and he laughed at my obviously pitiful lie about hitting the table, he let figure the rest out myself.

Picking out my fro.....I remember him looking up at it and grinning. Grinning that we "lost" all the pictures of his fro and braids when we fled Mogadishu

Here's a picture of me
    Ludacris1.jpg

Might have overdone it a bit

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Makes security work easier. A shady looking squad melts away when I unveil my folicles

• Options
    phcu4p437y99.png
    SMBC
    is engaging in a gross generalisation that just happens to describe me to a fucking T.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Yeah, at least once a week usually.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Hu

The first great division was the division of self...

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I don’t need to spoiler this but it is for dramatic effect.
    Allison is...
    All
    Ys
    Un
    I think we’re either gonna literally or figuratively redo YSUN’s creation myth.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    phcu4p437y99.png
    SMBC
    is engaging in a gross generalisation that just happens to describe me to a fucking T.
    I wasn't a CS major, but back in '90, they were the only ones at my college who had a 24-hour computer lab with internet access. So I started sneaking in before they locked down for the evenings, and sleeping in chairs in the lounge. >_>

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Hey guys, remember Forming?
    The super NSFW comic, in which the creator of the universe is spooked by some ghosts?
    rf7TH0j.png
    Where Noah receives his first communication with a high emanation of AIN SOPH?
    fOeYe04.png
    Where we learn the backstory of Solomon David?
    VOmiwRX.png
    Where DEATH BY FERTILE CRESCENT!!
    1uwk5hY.png

Forming (NSFW!) by Jesse Moynihan of Adventure Time fame is still updating and still contains superfluous jizzing, transgender assassins and pretentious meta-physical meandering.

Mayday on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    If you don't grow thick hair, you really don't need shaving cream. I've been able to use just hot water my whole life.

This is true, i can do all my shaving in the shower no problem, face legs what have you

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    what are the physics of shaving razors and shaving cream and water, what does the cream actually do, I've never thought about it much. Lubrication so the blade doesn't get stuck on skin and cause cuts, I guess?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Does splashing on cold water afterwards actually do anything other than make me think it feels better, and what's the deal with cross shaving causing ingrown hairs

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    My face hairs have an extremely discouragingly high tensile strength and girth

This discussion has been closed.