As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I tried [chat]

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Oh also I saw something in the stoat/weasel genre while running this morning. I've never seen one before.

Well, which was it?

Distinguishing between the two is easy

A weasel is weasily wecognised, and a stoat is stoatally different

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    night shift is the best shift, usually everyone's super chill and friendly.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    "Night Shift Chemistry" sounds like a VHS tape you'd find in a gas station with an anti-obscenity cover over it in the late 90s.

It’s the prequel to Night Shift Biology.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I don't know about salts but when it comes to equipment Food Grade really just means it's FDA (numberssss) and EC1935/2004 approved.

Which in practice is like you're using maybe types of plastics that are not cancerous, that have metal particulates in them in order to make them metal detectable to prevent pieces coming into the food, you have certain grades of finish on metal surfaces so that they can be cleaned effectively, maybe you have silver powder in your rubber so that bacteria grows more slowly on them.

Also your stuff should be blue because subconsciously we feel that blue is clean.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    God, I have so much work to do this week, and I just flat out don't have the fucking motivation for it right now

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    God, I have so much work to do this week, and I just flat out don't have the fucking motivation for it right now

I purposefully left my phone out of reach when I clocked in this morning

All that's meant is that I've been browsing the forums on my tablet

It's stopped me checking Twitter, at least, because I haven't logged on to the app on this tablet yet

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I don't know about salts but when it comes to equipment Food Grade really just means it's FDA (numberssss) and EC1935/2004 approved.

Which in practice is like you're using maybe types of plastics that are not cancerous, that have metal particulates in them in order to make them metal detectable to prevent pieces coming into the food, you have certain grades of finish on metal surfaces so that they can be cleaned effectively, maybe you have silver powder in your rubber so that bacteria grows more slowly on them.

Also your stuff should be blue because subconsciously we feel that blue is clean.

Food grade pneumatics are always red. I would suggest green is a better colour for food grade.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Food grade pneumatics are always red. I would suggest green is a better colour for food grade.

Both of those seem poor choices from a detectability perspective, depending on product

This is why things like plasters used for covering minor wounds in kitchens are usually blue - there are relatively few blue foods, and they're usually more of a purple

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Really hope that was not an explosion I just heard

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    But the numerous sirens now blaring are not giving me hope

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    making it to the end of the year is a little bit presumptuous

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    ncchft2j82bm.png

• Options
    I can strongly recommend not sneezing and farting at the same time.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    My Great Aunt who got Covid recovered from it with few issues and enjoyed a trip organised by her care home so that's neat.

• Options
    I learned the most surprising thing in history, Last Jedi spoilers:
    When Luke milks the creature and drinks alien breast milk. The alien is a practical model, but the bottle that Luke is holding and drinking from is CG. So probably he was holding an evian bottle or something they replaced it and made CG milk come out of a practical boob.

I don't understand how that was the go-to solution, I could have made that prop squirt milk given like two hours.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Spiderman was fairly good!

Breaking news right there

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    I'm getting a lot of these small spiders that are big enough so that when I crush them it feels like popping a zit and it gives an audible bursting sound.

And I need to take care of them but I'm losing 5% of my sanity every time I hear that sound and feel that pop.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    April is a v good kitty

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    fellowDude wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    i tried dorohedoro but the first two episodes weren't that interesting to me so i started watching beastars instead
    *tugs at collar* *starts stammering* *sweats*

So, how's going?
    (I've watched all 1 season for one evening, I think need help...)
    i liked it a lot and then i got to episode 10 and now my verdict is more mixed

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    When Luke milks the creature and drinks alien breast milk. The alien is a practical model, but the bottle that Luke is holding and drinking from is CG. So probably he was holding an evian bottle or something they replaced it and made CG milk come out of a practical boob.

I don't understand how that was the go-to solution, I could have made that prop squirt milk given like two hours.

You could but the CGI union would have staged a slowdown in protest.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

You could but the CGI union would have staged a slowdown in protest.

I saw another thing but for RoS:
    This guy said rendering the republic fleet coming in took 8.4 million processor hours in rendering.

But like assuming they're rendering 8K or something even the bigger ships would only be like 600x600 pixels big and some are around 8x8 pixels and everywhere inbetween. Does physical bounces really matter at that stage or could just sprites get you 99.8% of the way there? I guess if you have the power use it but it seems very wasteful.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I still think Rise of Skywalker should've been called "From Their Nap".

21stCentury on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I assume processing hours is a scientific standard measurement where it's what one Pentium 2 333Hz processor can render in one hour.

• Options
    I assume processing hours is a scientific standard measurement where it's what one Pentium 2 333Hz processor can render in one hour.

The RIAA standard - you have a 12x speed CDROM, so that's 12x as much piracy

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

That sounds stupid enough to be real.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

hqdefault.jpg

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Seeing advertisements telling me I’ll be hooked on an addicting game is really on the fucking nose about it. It’s like we aren’t even pretending this isn’t a Skinner box monstrousity.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I am trying to order some disposable face masks and the checkout is hanging on the Walmart website.

• Options

That sounds stupid enough to be real.

Oh, it's absolutely a thing they argued in a lawsuit.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

It's like horsepower

You measure the volume of computation in pentiumtwohours, and processing power in pentiumstwo

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Athenor

re: lego thread

👀

@Donkey Kong

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I know myself. I know what I'm doing. And that means not buying them.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    ncchft2j82bm.png

Girlfriend: Why couldn't you take up a normal hobby like crack?

• Options
    I wonder if you could make a really strong chili using pepper spray.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_television#NRK_(Norway)
    NRK's first foray into slow television was the program Bergensbanen minute by minute – train journey across Southern Norway, which depicted the 7-hour train journey from Bergen to Oslo along the Bergen Line (Norwegian: Bergensbanen). It was aired on NRK2 on 27 November 2009 and came to be described as "the iconic slow-TV program".
    Hurtigruten minute by minute – a coastal voyage from Bergen to Kirkenes depicted the Norwegian Coastal Express (Norwegian: Hurtigruten) ship MS Nordnorge on a 134-hour voyage from Bergen to Kirkenes. The program started on 16 June 2011 at 19:45 CET on NRK and transmitted the entire journey live and non-stop
    Salmon river – minute by minute was a 24-hour-long live broadcast on NRK1 and NRK2 that depicted the opening day of fishing season on the Gaula River in Trøndelag and lasted from 31 May to 1 June 2012. It consisted of a 40-minute introduction on NRK1, 18 hours of live salmon fishing on NRK2, and a 3-hour regular broadcast on NRK1. Around 1.6 million watched the broadcast, earning 10 percent of the market share
    On 15 February 2013 NRK broadcast the 12-hour-long broadcast National Wood Night on the topic of firewood.
    Summer Entertainment Show – coastal cruise with entertainment show, a journey from Oslo to Kirkenes and back was a coastal cruise with entertainment from Oslo to Kirkenes and back. The approximately 379-hour show was broadcast live on NRK1 from Saturday 22 June to Sunday 10 August 2013

What.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Couscous wrote: »
    ncchft2j82bm.png

Girlfriend: Why couldn't you take up a normal hobby like crack?

Algorithm related story: I am kinda sorted interested in Warhammer, but not really. It seems like my kind of schtick, but I can't get into another collectibles game. I just can't.

I finally got around to watching Astartes and now Google is pushing some serious Warhammer content at me and I'm like, "No, Google, please!"

EDIT: Trimming draft related nonsense

Nova_C on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Counterpoint Nova....

What if, Google, yes?

This discussion has been closed.