As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The on-going protests against [Police Brutality] in the twin cities and beyond

19596979899101»

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Seattle doubled the umbrella line tonight

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    Shit should we get the new thread going

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Let the mods try!!!!! FORM THE BARRICADES

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Watching the Woke stream... the bottom right corner with the DC protests is a bit tense.

EDIT: I mean bottom left corner. I can program computers, but still can't remember my left from my right :rotate:

Which stream?

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Watching the Woke stream... the bottom right corner with the DC protests is a bit tense.

EDIT: I mean bottom left corner. I can program computers, but still can't remember my left from my right :rotate:

Which stream?

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    I don't think "We can unite without him" is gesturing at a coup. It immediately follows a discussion of how the president is not trying to unite the country, not playing the role of a healer. I think the most obvious reading is just that we can air our points of view and our differences, come together in dialogue, etc. etc., even without his help - in spite of the fact that he's fanning, rather than tamping down, the flames.

Right, that's what I'm thinking, but how is Trump going to read that? Or more importantly I guess, Barr?

Well, we have our answer:
    Probably the only thing Barack Obama and I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis, the world’s most overrated General. I asked for his letter of resignation, & felt great about. His nickname was “Chaos”, which I didn’t like, & changed it to “Mad Dog”... His primary strength was not military, but rather personal public relations. I gave him a new life, things to do, and battles to win, but he seldom “brought home the bacon”. I didn’t like his “leadership” style or much else about him, and many others agree. Glad he is gone!

Not really surprised that his response is any less shallow than "lol that guy sucked amirite?"

And he burned my coffee.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    DC was one of the places that they decided to gas and smash long before the curfew actually took effect when Trump decided he wanted to go for walkies and wave his book around.

Edit:
    Trumpet guy was apparently bailed out and I keep hearing a trumpet in the Seattle stream. The crowd seems pleased.

They also keep doubling the number of police up front.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    DC was one of the places that they decided to gas and smash long before the curfew actually took effect when Trump decided he wanted to go for walkies and wave his book around.

Edit:
    Trumpet guy was apparently bailed out and I keep hearing a trumpet in the Seattle stream. The crowd seems pleased.

Well, it was a book.

• Options
    Seattle doubled the umbrella line tonight

2cu86xhq27l2.jpeg

• Options
    edited June 2020
    dispatch.o wrote: »

Edit:

They also keep doubling the number of police up front.

The umbrella line might be deep and dense enough to keep a water bottle from getting close to the cops

I hope tonight ends up as a giant peaceful “fuck you” to SPD and Durkan

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Entire crowd losing their shit over a trumpet, and it sounds like there's more than one.

• Options
    ClipseClipse Registered User regular
    Two more hopeful signs that the military is not thrilled:

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff:

An Air Force General and Chief of the National Guard Bureau:

• Options
    Special KSpecial K Registered User regular
    I'm liking Milley's handwritten addendum.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Wow, it looks like Trump actually found the line the military wont willingly cross.

Who knew there was one.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I have prepared briefings for Lengyel, so that is interesting to see his letter.

The feeling from the top press they are putting out is very different than Trump.

Also I have heard rumors that Milley and Esper didn't know about the clearing and were on their way to another location when they were pulled to the White House. Thus why Milley was in fatigues not a dress uniform as he normally would be at the White House. His letter feels like his polite rebuke on that.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

Elki I'll work on an OP

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Trumps cabinet has got to be shitting bricks right now. Esper has got to be feeling like a dumbass tonight.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Enc wrote: »
    Wow, it looks like Trump actually found the line the military wont willingly cross.

Who knew there was one.

This is all well and good, but... What happens when he just fires them all and installs more toadies?

mRahmani on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Fuck me if 2020 didn't turn the "but her emails tho" into the "baby shoes never worn" of the modern age.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Special K wrote: »
    I'm liking Milley's handwritten addendum.

So do I, but saying the Constitution is founded on the essential principle that all men and women are born free...

After several edits were made four score and seven years later, I suppose.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    mRahmani wrote: »
    Enc wrote: »

Who knew there was one.

This is all well and good, but... What happens when he just fires them all and installs more toadies?

The people being posted are uniformed generals and admirals. Many at the Joint Chief level requiring a life time of service and Congressional approval.

Its a position people are groomed for for years by the military not a political appointment.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The latest SBA Twitter post about this is almost entirely identical to conservative polemics about why the Vietnam and Iraq wars were lost. And includes the phrase “we will win this war on New York City.”

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.