Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Anyone have the Switch Online handle Denikker, with an owl pic? Just got a friend request and I don't see it in the spreadsheet.

(Also, might be worth adding another column in the spreadsheet for those of us with handles that differ from our forum names. @MNC Dover , what say you?)

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I also got a request from that name, assuming from the Animal Crossing list

• Options
    edited June 2020

Ah yes, looks like @Slacker1913 who just added themselves to the spreadsheet today!

Which reminds me, I do need to go through and start adding all you lot. So if you get a friend request from JazzMX5 with a Samus pic, that's me.

Jazz on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I renewed my online subscription. I guess I will get the Breath of the Wild addons. I doubt they will go away anytime soon.

• Options
    They are going to stop doing the events in Splatoon 2 pretty soon. I don't think they did the last one yet.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Morran wrote: »
    In case someone missed this: drifting joycon sticks might be solved by using contact cleaner (WD40 seems to be recommended online, I used another domestic brand). I tried this and it solved both my drifting left sticks. Not sure if this is a temporary or permanent fix, but worth a shot in case you are vary of disassemble your controller.

it's 700% temporary, and it's gonna work less and less with time.
    the contact claw scratches the pad, and it gets worse with time.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Whoops. They already had the last Splatfest.
    https://youtu.be/Ei2T9UFpw6Y

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Wow, thanks! It looks like it’s almost everything online, except for some obvious stuff. It’s actually easier to list what isn’t online:
    • Slot Cars
    • Fishing
    • Team Tanks
    • 3 Solitaire games
    • Sliding Puzzle
    • Piano

So, 43 games with online play. And you apparently choose 3 to match with other people online? Interesting take I guess. Will be interesting to see if the game offers more games down the road as DLC.

Excuse me, I can't play Sliding Puzzle online? Also no Solitaire in multiplayer either?! That's a HARD NO SALE.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Whoops. They already had the last Splatfest.
    https://youtu.be/Ei2T9UFpw6Y

They actually just did a Splatfest. They redid ketchup vs. mayo on May 22-24, 2020. So we may end up seeing splatfests rerun, just to keep interest up in the game.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Yeah. I hope they do reruns. I kinda missed out. I think I only played one Splatfest.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I went to the store for raddish's and walked out with Bioshock collection (And also Raddish's)

Might have to Archive some stuff i have completed which i should have done to begin with but eh.

The cashier lady was super annoyed with me when i came back and had it traded in for a different copy of the same game because apparently the plastic wrap was the only thing containing that copy's structure and as soon as i opened it the case split in half.

• Options
    I have had some cases crumble on me before. I guess the plastic wasn't mixed right.

• Options
    Clubhouse Games (or 51 Worldwide Games as it's titled over here) has a demo up! Well, I say demo. It's a "Local Multiplayer Guest Edition" once you've downloaded it. It includes 4 games from the full selection: Four-in-a-Row, Dominoes, President and Slot Cars, to play as much as you want. You can play any of them in local multiplayer with other players who have the Guest Edition, including up to 4 players in Dominoes or President. And if someone has the full version, you can join in local multiplayer with them in any of the 51 games. It also includes the "how to play" for all 51 games.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

Ah yes, looks like @Slacker1913 who just added themselves to the spreadsheet today!

Which reminds me, I do need to go through and start adding all you lot. So if you get a friend request from JazzMX5 with a Samus pic, that's me.

Yeah, sorry about that, I am a bit late in adding everyone to the friends list. :)

• Options
    edited June 2020

Yeah, sorry about that, I am a bit late in adding everyone to the friends list. :)

No worries, so am I, and it's a long list to trawl through so I'm doing it in pieces. Not having any way to correlate Switch names with PA names makes it tricky; apparently you can't even see someone's friend code when you're friends? So it's become annoyingly obvious that I can't see who's who in any way that I can find once they've accepted my friend request (assuming their Switch name and PA name are different).

Jazz on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I just bought Mario Party and thought that I could play it with a group of five because I have the two Joy-Cons and 3 Pro controllers. Little did I know that Mario Party only supports Joy-Cons. Since I don't think that a set of Joy-Cons is worth 80 bucks, and there aren't any sales right now, are there any really solid third party solutions that anybody knows about? I know that third-party Joy-Cons are a dime a dozen and each variation is missing at least one feature, so I'd like to know if there are any third party ones that tick all the boxes at a more reasonable price.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    I just bought Mario Party and thought that I could play it with a group of five because I have the two Joy-Cons and 3 Pro controllers. Little did I know that Mario Party only supports Joy-Cons. Since I don't think that a set of Joy-Cons is worth 80 bucks, and there aren't any sales right now, are there any really solid third party solutions that anybody knows about? I know that third-party Joy-Cons are a dime a dozen and each variation is missing at least one feature, so I'd like to know if there are any third party ones that tick all the boxes at a more reasonable price.

If you gave Android, you can use a cell phone as Joycons using an app

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020

If you gave Android, you can use a cell phone as Joycons using an app
    I'll give it a shot as a short term solution. Thanks for the heads up.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Finding joy-cons for $80 anywhere right now would be a steal. Those things are vanishing left and right.

In normal times the $50ish alternatives aren't really cheap enough to justify putting up with their shortcomings. But these aren't normal times.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Split con pro ftw.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Can you customize your own slot car tracks in Clubhouse Games?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Finding joy-cons for $80 anywhere right now would be a steal. Those things are vanishing left and right.

They're drifting away.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    I have not ran into the drifting problem.

• Options
    I wouldn't normally worry about wear and tear to controllers, but my dog has hair that gets everywhere and in everything. Knowing how easy it is to accident get something between the stick and contacts, I'm a little worried a rouge dog hair will be a Joycon's untimely demise.

• Options
    I wonder if dust would mess them up. Maybe I should put my Joycons in a ziplock bag.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    ArcSyn wrote: »

You can't in the Guest Edition, and since there's no suggestion that Slot Cars is cut down in that edition, I would guess not in the full version either. There's only three tracks included, too. That's a bit disappointing.

The exception is if you lay down multiple Switch tablets together in "mosaic mode", up to four I think, then you swipe across all of them to let them know where they are in relation to each other and the game seems to auto-design a new track layout that takes in all the Switches. (So, for example, put them in a line to make a track with long straights, or fit them together in a more offset fashion to create more twisty bits.)

No clue how (or if) that works with Switch Lites, it only shows how it works with full-size Switches.

- - -

I think the official Scalextric game for the Switch does let you build your own tracks but the reviews for it are pretty awful.

Jazz on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Hi! I just saw today that Runner3 is on sale for less than 1.50 on the eShop right now. (I thought this game was worth the reg 20 asking price.) Buy if you like rhythm games!!

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

You can't in the Guest Edition, and since there's no suggestion that Slot Cars is cut down in that edition, I would guess not in the full version either. There's only three tracks included, too. That's a bit disappointing.

The exception is if you lay down multiple Switch tablets together in "mosaic mode", up to four I think, then you swipe across all of them to let them know where they are in relation to each other and the game seems to auto-design a new track layout that takes in all the Switches. (So, for example, put them in a line to make a track with long straights, or fit them together in a more offset fashion to create more twisty bits.)

No clue how (or if) that works with Switch Lites, it only shows how it works with full-size Switches.

- - -

I think the official Scalextric game for the Switch does let you build your own tracks but the reviews for it are pretty awful.

Can confirm it works with a combo of regular Switch and Switch Lites, but you'll need joy cons for the Lites

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular

I did not have the drifting problem either, until Pokemon. Turns out when you put 400+ hours into a game (and another 600+ on Animal Crossing), your controllers start to wear out.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Hi! I just saw today that Runner3 is on sale for less than 1.50 on the eShop right now. (I thought this game was worth the reg 20 asking price.) Buy if you like rhythm games!!

I kind of bounced off of it, despite liking 1 and 2. The stuff it does with shifting the camera around didn't work for me.

jothki on
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »

I did not have the drifting problem either, until Pokemon. Turns out when you put 400+ hours into a game (and another 600+ on Animal Crossing), your controllers start to wear out.

My issue started during my couple hundred house of Fire Emblem so I can definitely agree here.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Got Clubhouse Games. Played Chinese Checkers with my husband on the patio while a thunderstorm is brewing. We are basically a Switch commercial.

Played Mancala online with a rando. Was super easy to connect and play. Why is online so ass with Animal Crossing?

Also I destroyed the rando.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Stop playing your games so much. Gosh.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    Played Mancala online with a rando. Was super easy to connect and play. Why is online so ass with Animal Crossing?

Animal Crossing definitely does a lot of things wrong with its online implementation, but there are really simple reasons why it's easy to play mancala with someone, or race someone in Mario Kart, while Animal Crossing takes forever to figure itself out.

With a fully customizable island they have to synchronize all of that data among every user, and keep track of any changes made by anyone, new items dropped, holes dug, plus everyone's inventory and appearance, which they can change out at any time including with their own custom textures.

In mancala you don't even have to download another user's custom textured mancala board. A move can likely be represented by a single byte (which hole is being sown from).

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

In normal times the $50ish alternatives aren't really cheap enough to justify putting up with their shortcomings. But these aren't normal times.

I got the dreaded drift sigh it is quite annoying to play with and with no hope to fix :(

• Options
    Elin wrote: »

Animal Crossing definitely does a lot of things wrong with its online implementation, but there are really simple reasons why it's easy to play mancala with someone, or race someone in Mario Kart, while Animal Crossing takes forever to figure itself out.

With a fully customizable island they have to synchronize all of that data among every user, and keep track of any changes made by anyone, new items dropped, holes dug, plus everyone's inventory and appearance, which they can change out at any time including with their own custom textures.

In mancala you don't even have to download another user's custom textured mancala board. A move can likely be represented by a single byte (which hole is being sown from).

Fair, but I'm not even talking about the loading times. There are also fewer unnecessary menus to walk through, which is honestly what I was referencing. Do you want to play a game? Cool, what game.

vs

Do you want to go or invite
    online of ofline
    are you super sure
    how do you want to invite
    are you extra super sure

.... oh you made a mistake, start at the beginning.

I'm still going to play another could hundred hours of AC, I just reseve the right to bitch. Also to have PTSD because MANILA IS MY FAVORITE FLAVOR OF CLAM.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Nintendo not having a voice party system/unified game invites is so silly. I know it's because family friendly, but man just make it something you have to enable in the settings, and only on adult accounts.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Nintendo not having a voice party system/unified game invites is so silly. I know it's because family friendly, but man just make it something you have to enable in the settings, and only on adult accounts.

They’ve incentivized everyone to just use another service so Nintendo won’t have to take responsibility if something goes wrong. Their not even half baked cell phone solution exists so they can just check a box and say “see, we provided something”. Yeah I know that’s a super cynical take on it, but that’s about as positive as I can manage.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I just played and finished Moonlighter in about 3 days. To say that I enjoyed the game would be an understatement. Something about that game clicked with me even if it got repetitive towards the end. Highly recommend it for a good brain diversion.

• Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    The thing about friend codes that no one ever touches on, is that it allows you to have whatever screen name you want.

I can just be Raybies on Nintendo, no 666 required, and I've played Mario Kart against several Dads too.

I've never had to play against xXxDad4752xXx and I think that's nice.

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.