As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]ter's Block

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Are there mods that make the inventory less FUCKING INFURIATING?

Because that's probably the biggest QOL problem I have with the game.

Animal Crossing?

Also, yes.

BOTW?

Path of Exile?

Deus Ex?

You gotta be more specific here, lots of shitty inventory systems!

These too.

But...Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2!

Also shitty!

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    whoever decided that a smoke detector with a low battery needs to chirp every 60 sec is a dumb dick

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    whoever decided that a smoke detector with a low battery needs to chirp every 60 sec is a dumb dick

At literally* ear-piercing volume

* figuratively

Orca on
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Also I've been watching this Hamilton thing on Disney plus and I don't know if anyone knew this but it's pretty good

Although it does seem to take some strong liberties with actual history here and there.

And also it's unfair they gave the best song to King George

King George is a saucy bitch

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    theres not even a mention of the game's dick slider here

it speaks to the game's enjoyability that it didn't even NEED to be mentioned to sell it

The what now?

in order to satiate the howling hordes of degenerates and to remind all who play that Conan takes place IN A WORLD UNDREAMED OF

you can give your character a huge honking donger or balloon titties and a thumpin' butt

that one little word is the real betrayal

I want and

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
    I'm taking a look at Imoen's stats and uh they don't seem ideal for a Thief? Her Strength is real low, which if I understand correctly means her melee is gonna suck. But aren't Thieves supposed to be all about melee sneak attacks? Can you do ranged sneak attacks?

Her Intelligence is actually a very decent 17, which means she might actually be a good Mage? Should I dual class her? If so what, is the ideal level to do that?

@credeiki
    Hehehehe

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    The smoke detector annoys you to save you

It’s not the hero you want but the hero you need

• Options
    This Eurovision movie is kind of funny but I feel like Will Farrel is a little too old for comedy

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    This Eurovision movie is kind of funny but I feel like Will Farrel is a little too old for comedy
    wat

• Options
    wandering wrote: »

What about when it's the neighbor's smoke detector

and they're out for the next two weeks

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

I feel like Will Farrel is a little too not funny for comedy

• Options
    we watched the lovebirds last night

I laughed a couple of times, but overall it wasn't a very good movie

tonight we will watch hamilton?!

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

Eh. He was too old for that comedy. Like, he was notably out of place.

Which I guess was part of the joke, but Sigrid (looked) like half his age.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

What about when it's the neighbor's smoke detector

and they're out for the next two weeks

Well, there's always fire...

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

If they didn't have this feature I think that their batteries would be replaced approximately never and people would die in fires

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I also like the smoke detectors that include ultra caps with enough juice for WEEKS of chirps. So you can't even pull the battery.

• Options

If they didn't have this feature I think that their batteries would be replaced approximately never and people would die in fires

every minute is redic

it's like stupid bodily systems that really want you to know about this injury! hey what about this injury!

I fuckin got it, message received, thank you

• Options

every minute is redic

it's like stupid bodily systems that really want you to know about this injury! hey what about this injury!

Once got in an epic fight with our duplex neighbor over this. Turns out there was a fucking smoke detector in a crawlspace between our apartments.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I'm playing Breath of the Wild again, after having gotten not that far my first time, put it down, and never come back to it. Why did I do that? I was probably depressed and anhedonic or something like that; this game is great. So it's nice coming back to it.

I am doing my best to practice non-attachment to weapons and not fret about durability. And, when I turn my spirit sideways just right, I can kind of appreciate what people said about how "well actually durability was brilliant, and it gels perfectly with the 'flow' of the experience." But even in my most accommodating moments, I'm like, okay, fine, whatever, break my weapons Nintendo daddy, but couldn't you have given me at least a few more slots? There's a fairly large set of weapons I want to have on me at all times because you gave them important noncombat functionalities--I want a sledgehammer for sledgehammering, an axe for felling trees, a torch for torching, and I'm definitely keeping this korok leaf that I only ever found one drop of, which makes wind, because I'm not gonna be pantsless when I get to the wind puzzle!!

Anyway I functionally only have one or two actual slots for fighting weapons, which ends up being a good weapon and a trash weapon, and it's a bummer because I can't really use and appreciate the full variety of situational weapons and fighting styles the game throws at you.

MrMister on
  • Options

every minute is redic

If I made it I would just have it scream forever when the battery was going

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    I'm playing Breath of the Wild again, after having gotten not that far my first time, put it down, and never come back to it. Why did I do that? I was probably depressed an anhedonic or something like that; this game is great. So it's nice coming back to it.

I am doing my best to practice non-attachment to weapons and not fret about durability. And, when I turn my spirit sideways just right, I can kind of appreciate what people said about how "well actually durability was brilliant, and it gels perfectly with the 'flow' of the experience." But even in my most accommodating moments, I'm like, okay, fine, whatever, break my weapons Nintendo daddy, but couldn't you have given me at least a few more slots? There's a fairly large set of weapons I want to have on me at all times because you gave them important noncombat functionalities--I want a sledgehammer for sledgehammering, an axe for felling trees, a torch for torching, and I'm definitely keeping this korok leaf that I only ever found one drop of, which makes wind, because I'm not gonna be pantsless when I get to the wind puzzle!!

Anyway I functionally only have one or two actual slots for fighting weapons, which ends up being a good weapon and a trash weapon, and it's a bummer because I can't really use and appreciate the full variety of situational weapons and fighting styles the game throws at you.

You don't need to hold on to the leaf. They're common. And you'll get more weapon slots as the game goes on.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Or maybe just have it play the human noises during the Saving Private Ryan DDay scene.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    I'm playing Breath of the Wild again, after having gotten not that far my first time, put it down, and never come back to it. Why did I do that? I was probably depressed an anhedonic or something like that; this game is great. So it's nice coming back to it.

You don't need to hold on to the leaf. They're common. And you'll get more weapon slots as the game goes on.

good to know, thanks

(im still keeping the leaf he said, compulsively)

• Options
    At the end of the day, goddammit yes I'll replace the fucking battery, but not right now because I don't have a spare, so SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET ME SLEEP GODDAMMIT

• Options
    You do eventually get a ton of weapon slots in BotW. The sledge is the only thing worth keeping handy so you can get minerals easily. Plus it's also a decent weapon.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Breath of the Wild is less a video game and more an elaborate test to see if you have any major character defects.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    I also like the smoke detectors that include ultra caps with enough juice for WEEKS of chirps. So you can't even pull the battery.
    Who hasn't smashed one of these to pieces just to sleep?

• Options
    The korok leaf is my 2nd favorite weapon in the game tbh

• Options
    Once got in an epic fight with our duplex neighbor over this. Turns out there was a fucking smoke detector in a crawlspace between our apartments.

each of you setting small fires in different rooms of your house, screaming to the neighbor that it's not you and your detectors work fine see

• Options
    I did notice that if you need an axe or a torch, they will usually give you an axe or a torch. If you see an axe or a torch lying around, this is a good clue that it's axe/torchin' time.

Still, I want to axe/torch at my leisure.

• Options
    Maria Bamford's husband is pretty good in this Eurovision movie though.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I decided to watch Hamilton instead of Dune when I saw that I'd need to rent Dune.

I'm at the Intermission right now.

Holy fuck.

Like. I knew it was good. I had listened to songs here and there, and you can't be in America in this decade without hearing about it. I'd listened to the whole sountrack through a couple times, usually while working.

But to sit down.. to focus on the performances... to watch the masterful use of the spinning stage... To connect the dots of why Hamilton's so afraid of his time running out...

And I'm only halfway through!

Just... Holy fuck.

I really like Burr and Mulligan too.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I like watching how my kids engage with breath of the wild

em just rides around on the horse and eats all the apples in her inventory

soy likes to fill his hands with as many dragonflies as he can hold and then let them all go at once

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

BOTW?

Path of Exile?

Deus Ex?

You gotta be more specific here, lots of shitty inventory systems!

S T A S H
    T A B S

Man I hope they unfuck POE2 inventory and just charge for it straight

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Also put a real fucking auction system in with buyouts

I'm so goddamn irritated I hit a wall at maps and it wasn't even like I could clear slowly and continue to play while I upgraded my gear, it just Was Not Happening and I need to replace everything but my weapons before I go on

in HC you die, which solves the problem, and I had never had the experience in SC before

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    1.) "There's nothing to do the game is too open" - lacking initiative, lacking sense of wonder

2.) "The world is empty" - blunted sense of beauty, deficient spatial aesthetic appreciation, unimaginative

3.) "The weapons break too fast! I want my weapons forever" - Obsessed with control, inflexible, hoarder

4.) "There's not enough big dungeons" - ok this is actually true

• Options
    I like watching how my kids engage with breath of the wild

em just rides around on the horse and eats all the apples in her inventory

soy likes to fill his hands with as many dragonflies as he can hold and then let them all go at once

I would use the korok leaf to blow enemies off cliffs and cackle.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

if it had a 24hour snooze that was one use per year it would solve both problems

sig.gif
  • Options
    Also, something I'm not clear on: do consumables/gatherables in BotW ever repopulate? So far I haven't noticed them repopulating, and I can see why an exploration game might not have them repopulate, but even so it's kind of harsh

Nintendo daddy...

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Wife has been watching rescue rangers on Disney+ for whatever reason and now the theme song won’t leave my head

Somehow reading this got Ducktales stuck in my head

oh god damn it

now I've got it

Ducktales Moon Theme

This discussion has been closed.