As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Battle Forge is here

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am plying my first game of 9th tomorrow. Running a hodge podge ad mech list with on proxy. But I am excited. Probably going to get my butt kicked by custodes. But we will see.

Going to be wearing a mask and a face shield so that will be fun.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Battle Report: Death Guard are mean now? Or do Blood Angels suck? Or both?

So we tried our first "9th" game, but I'm sure we messed up a lot and we're still using old 8th edition points....so as a result, we did 1000 points and just had fun with it. Due to the virus, we played outside (YAY) to social distance and also because outside is better. Blood Angels versus Death Guard.

Death Guard versus Blood Angel glory promo shot -
    0bMjh8A.jpg

Death Guard was running 39 Poxwalkers, a Plague Surgeon, TYPHUS, a Foul Blightspawn, a Malignant Blightcaller, 7 Plague Marines, a Helbrute, and a Daemon Prince with Wings. Due to War of the Spider, the Helbrute had Disgustingly Resilient added to it and the Plague Surgeon had the ability that lets infantry within 3 inches with Disgustingly Resilient re-roll ones and twos. He also had the relic that adds 3 inches on to that (and the Daemon Prince had Suppurating Plate), but it turns out he didn't need it since the Blood Angels bumrushed.

Mephiston, a Smash Captain, a Redemptor, 3 Eliminators (which the BA Player wished he hadn't brought later), an Impulsor, 15 Intercessors, and an Invictor Tactical Warsuit flung themselves at the Death Guard line after winning Initiative. The Dreadnoughts and Eliminators open fire and the Plague Surgeon shows his worth. Re-rolling 1s and 2s on the DR causes two poxwalkers in the 20 man unit to still be alive after the entire phase of shooting ends. The Eliminators shots on the Malignant Blightcaller ends in just one wound.

8uJ6skM.jpg
    OhaOWhg.jpg

The Death Guard player messes up here, badly in fact, and forgets his Foul Blightspawn basically allows the DG player to fight first in the new rules.....and this oversight allows Mephiston to choose Typhus and unleash his full emo Blood Angel rage. In a series of amazing rolls, Typhus saves all the attacks but one. His buffed disgustingly resilient rolls then prevent the remaining damage but one.

The Smash Captain tears into the Helbrute (poor deployment by the DG player allows this), but the before the game addition of Disgustingly Resilient allows the Helbrute to actually survive with 3 wounds left.

The unit of Poxwalkers that started with 20 is finally eliminated by the charging Invictor Tactical Warsuit.

The Death Guard retaliation is not what I would call fierce, but Typhus is. Mephiston is slain by Typhus.

Mephiston fights again as he dies and the rolls from Typhus are not as strong this go-round. With 5 wounds left, Typhus takes seven. He saves two on DR, but rolls ones and twos for the remaining five dice....and then makes no further rolls on the re-rolls. He dies with the exact number of wounds needed to kill him.

On the bright side for the DG, the CP expenditure prevents the Smash Captain from fighting again, so the Helbrute actually survived!

The Death Guard player is feeling confident, but laments the death of Typhus. The new rules allowing his Dread to fire his weapons at the Smash Captain comes into play and the Death Guard take advantage. The Helbrute fires twice AND rerolls all hit rolls due to stratagem use and slays the Smash Captain. This is the first time in all of our local games a Smash Captain has failed to kill his initial target as far as I can remember.

The Poxwalkers are actually scoring wounds on the Redemptor and manage to encircle it while the Foul Blightspawn disintegrates the Invictor Tactical Warsuit with vileness (6 hits, oof). The Plague Marines, chosen to be shooty this go-round, start to go to work on the Intercessors, but it's slow going.

The death of Mephiston and the Smash Captain so early, however, with only really Typhus and a unit of Poxwalkers going down in kind, essentially doom the Blood Angels. The Death Guard player did a horrible job of deployment and objective placement, but the brutality of the first round and the Death Guard being disgustingly resilient allowed them to slowly wipe out all of the Blood Angels as the game went on, surrendering the objectives along with it. The unhurt Daemon Prince bounds forwards and slowly begins massacring the Intercessors.

3DbwkhT.jpg

Eventually, the Blood Angel cedes the game as a quick review of the situation reveals the DG player winning by points by the end of turn 5.

End of game lessons....

Plague Surgeon is pretty damned good with that new ability in the Plague company.

The order of who fights also was very interesting since it makes the opposing player essentially fight first....and this greatly magnifies the power of the Foul Blightspawn as it means charging does not work on Death Guard. The Death Guard will always fight first.

The map seemed tiny. The Blood Angel player heavily regretted the scout Dread due to the map and the Eliminators due to it the fact that he's never historically had success with assassins / snipers against the Death Guard. Additionally, the Eliminators didn't really synergize with the BA list.

Terrain didn't really become an issue due to how the game played out, but it could've.

CP generation in command phase is nice.

I swapped a bunch of my spare marines for a small DG army a while ago.. playing them vs my buddies GK tomorrow. Your game has me excited to try them out

Did you use the new poxwalker Strat to get mortals on 6's? I'm curious to see how it plays

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Alembichal Narthecium is the re-roll 1 or 2's for Distgustingly Resiliences for Mortarion's Chosen Sons Infantry models.

If your army is battle forged, and the detachment is a DG detachment, you can chose which plague company it belongs to.

All DG units in the detachment except chaos cultists, poxwalker and named characters get the <plague company> keyword

So from that list,. I think the only thing that plague surgeon is re-rolling is the plague marines? Poxwalkers shouldn't have it, Typhus (he can get the Harbingers plague company key word interestingly enough) shouldn't have it, nor should any non-infantry models.

I'm happy to be corrected.

As to the overall question on whether DG have gotten better, then they look like it, considering one of their weaknesses was their speed but the board is now smaller, and they are very hard to shift off objectives.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Anyone notice that the new battlezone objective set includes 60mm bases when all the missions specify 40mm objective markers?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

I swapped a bunch of my spare marines for a small DG army a while ago.. playing them vs my buddies GK tomorrow. Your game has me excited to try them out

Did you use the new poxwalker Strat to get mortals on 6's? I'm curious to see how it plays

I did not. Smaller game and I burned a ton of CPs pre-game. In retrospect, maybe I should have, but Redcoat pointed out a fuck-up I made.....

But DG is definitely pretty damned powerful, now. The mechanized DG still seem like the best at first glance, but they actually have other options now.
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    So from that list,. I think the only thing that plague surgeon is re-rolling is the plague marines? Poxwalkers shouldn't have it, Typhus (he can get the Harbingers plague company key word interestingly enough) shouldn't have it, nor should any non-infantry models.

I'm happy to be corrected.

As to the overall question on whether DG have gotten better, then they look like it, considering one of their weaknesses was their speed but the board is now smaller, and they are very hard to shift off objectives.

....ffffffffffuuuuuuuuck, you're right. Typhus only actually gets the keyword if he's in the Harbingers as that's his company and Poxwalkers don't get any keyword unless it specifically says so (like the Harbingers).

D'oh.

Well, on the bright side, Typhus' saved all but one wound with his normal 4++ on the first series of attacks from Mephiston, it just means he would've died earlier due to the subsequent attack....but we also fucked up on actually using the Foul Blightspawns ability, which means Typhus would've attacked Mephiston first anyways.

The major issue, though, is that that means the Poxwalkers sucked up more shooting than they should've given the DR rolls. The second Poxwalker group should've been reduced a bit further due to the "extra" fire and maybe / probably the Invictor Tactical Warsuit attacks Typhus in melee as well.

Shows how rusty we are, we used to be so much better :(. Thanks, though, Redcoat. Won't make that mistake again.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Like the war of the spider book came out during lockdown and now we’ve got a new edition, mistakes are going to get made.

Sounds like you had a bunch of fun anyway and if you can’t make mistakes with a mate, then who can you play with to figure this stuff out with? It’s not like it’s a nasty combo with a big blob of DG anyway.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Played my first 9th edition game, and my first Crusade game, this afternoon.

Just a simple 25 power scuffle between my Necrons and my opponent’s Sisters.

Despite neither of us taking any real melee units, we both spent the second half in the game in melee because we were clashing over objective control.

Turns out an Overlord with a scythe can kinda tear open a tank like a can opener.

It was fun! Terrain felt pretty good, and overall I think crusade is going to be fun. Somehow I managed to level up a lowly warrior squad in one game, so I think I’m gonna do something dumb and give one of them a fancy weapon, and tinker with the model.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Played my first game of 9th today as well. But was using a tournament mission as it was one of the competitive guys from the GT tourney packet.

2000 points Ad Mech vs. Pure Custodes

My list:
      Forge World-Mars PA canticle replaced the electromancer
    • Battalion
      HQ
      Tech-Priest Manipulus-Magrail Lance
      Tech-Priest Dominus-Volkite blaster+macrstubber
      -Relic: Shroud of Arkan-heals 1 a turn and reroll repairs
      -Warlord-Exploding 6s to shoot

Troops
      Rangers
      -2x Arquebus
      -Omnispex
      Rangers
      -Omnisepex
      -2x Arquebus
      Vanguard
      -2x Plasma Calvier
      -Enhanced Data Tether

Elites
      Fulgrite Priestx10
      Sicarian Infiltratorsx5

Fast Attack
      Pterraxi Skystalkersx5
      Serbryus Raidersx3
      -Enhanced Data Tether
      Syndonian Dragoons
      -3xSerpentia

Heavy Support
      Onager Dunecrawler-Eradication Beamer
      Onager Dunecrawler-Eradication Beamer
      Onager Dunecrawler-Icarus Array

Patrol
      HQ
      Engineseerer-Additional Warlord 5+ to get CP back

Troops
      Vanguard
      -2x Plasma Caliver
      -Enhanced Data Tether

Heavy Support
      Kastelan Robotsx3
      Skorpius Distengrator- Bellasarious Cannon

My Opponet's List:
    ++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [109 PL, -2CP, 1,935pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Shield Host: Shadowkeepers

+ HQ [9 PL, -1CP, 165pts] +

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, -1CP, 165pts]: Captain-Commander [-1CP], Emperor's Companion, Interceptor Lance, Salvo Launcher [15pts], Unstoppable Destroyer
    . Auric Aquilis: Relic of Terra
    . Warlord: Warlord

+ Troops [16 PL, 312pts] +

Custodian Guard Squad [8 PL, 156pts]
    . Custodian [3 PL, 52pts]: Sentinel Blade [7pts], Storm Shield [5pts]

Custodian Guard Squad [8 PL, 156pts]

+ Elites [44 PL, -1CP, 681pts] +

Allarus Custodians [38 PL, 568pts]
    . Allarus Custodian [5 PL, 71pts]: Ballistus Grenade Launcher, Castellan Axe [11pts]
    . Allarus Custodian [5 PL, 71pts]: Ballistus Grenade Launcher, Castellan Axe [11pts]

Vexillus Praetor [6 PL, -1CP, 113pts]: Misericordia [3pts], Storm Shield [10pts], Superior Creation, Ten Thousand Heroes [-1CP], Vexilla Defensor [20pts]

+ Fast Attack [5 PL, 100pts] +

Pallas Grav-Attack [5 PL, 100pts]: Twin Arachnus Blaze Cannon [25pts]

+ Heavy Support [14 PL, 262pts] +

Telemon Heavy Dreadnought [14 PL, 262pts]: Illiastus Accelerator Culverin [35pts], Illiastus Accelerator Culverin [35pts], Spiculus Bolt Launcher [12pts]

+ Flyer [21 PL, 415pts] +

Ares Gunship [21 PL, 415pts]: 2x Arachnus Heavy Blaze Cannon [100pts], Arachnus Magna-Blaze Cannon

++ Total: [109 PL, -2CP, 1,935pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Primary:
    -Hold 1 for 5 points
    -Hold 2+ for 10 points
    -Hold 2+ and more than your opponent for 15

Ad Mech Secondaries:
    -Have people in 3 table quarters for 2 points a turn, All table quarters for 3
    -Kill vehicles 2 points for sub 10/3 points for 10+ wounds
    -Establish Scramblers-Infantry performs an action in your deployment zone, 6 inches from your zone, your opponents deployment zone for 10 points

Custode Secondaries:
    -Kill more for 3 points a turn
    -Action 6" from the center but enemy can't be in 6" of the center for 3 points
    -Don't remember the last one

It was a great game. Good terrain. The new terrain rules are fantastic. I made some mistakes as it was a new army and a new edition. But it was a lot of fun.

-Turn 1 I grabbed the center of the board and my right side. he had the left. Put my dakka bots into shooting mode with CP. And shot down the Ares gunship and killed one custode and that was it. I also got my stuff holding the middle. The big piece of obscuring though was a blessing and a curse. Just outside of it with my dakka bots so I couldn't touch it and shoot through but also protect them. He killed my jump pack guys that turn. I hold 2 objectives and so does he.

-Turn 2 I failed to clear custodes off an objective leaving 1 on 1 wound left. Brought in my infiltrators out of LOS and finished off my 10 point secondary. Killed the Pallas as it got into my lines at the end of turn one annoyingly. Got a charge off with my chickens actually and they did work I should have charged my priest this turn but I didn't It was a mistake. Ended up with 2 points on table quarter, 2 points from the pallas, and 10 points from scramblers. My opponent feel back, brought in termis and killed my priest and started the methodical work of killing my backfield and dakka bots. Used the teleport ability on the banner bearer to do it. Like I said I should have charged into them with my priest. It would have made the that teleport impossible if I made it.

The rest of game was a game of cat and mouse. I would pull back and he would kill a few things. His obsec on everything basically won him the game as it prevented me from scoring over and over again. At the end he had the banner, his bike captain, his telemonn, and an injured termi squad and I had two ranger squads and some vanguard.

I did strategic reserve my vanguard which worked great for points and taking a position on turn 3.

Overall just a blast of a game. I can see some mistakes typing it. But I love Ad Mech. Lots of options to play and it was fun being an army that could maneuver around the board and gain board control.

Edit: We also played on the new map size. Holy shit is it tiny. I can totally use my dining room table.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Are the terrain rules they gave in Pariah in the new 40k rule book?
    You do get a full rule book with indomitus?

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Are the terrain rules they gave in Pariah in the new 40k rule book?
    You do get a full rule book with indomitus?

You get the full rule book with indomitus.

But the terrain rules for 9th are new and done differently than 8th. Its based on a keyword system.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    In Pariah - 9 sets of Theatres of War rules including the following environments: The Webway, War-torn Shrine Worlds, Devoured Worlds, Daemon Worlds, Hive Worlds, Forge Worlds, Perilous Jungles, Derelict Worlds, and Necron Tomb Worlds
    I was curious if they did that in the 9th book {I really should stop calling it 9th as it's the even odder term of living beta the game is in}

• Options
    In Pariah - 9 sets of Theatres of War rules including the following environments: The Webway, War-torn Shrine Worlds, Devoured Worlds, Daemon Worlds, Hive Worlds, Forge Worlds, Perilous Jungles, Derelict Worlds, and Necron Tomb Worlds
    I was curious if they did that in the 9th book {I really should stop calling it 9th as it's the even odder term of living beta the game is in}

Terrain isn't special rules like that.

Terrain are like the ruins or forest on your board. The keywords attached are decided on by you and your opponent or you can use the suggest ones.

Keywords are:

Obscuring-If the terrain piece has any point at least 5" high all units but aircraft and those 18+ wounds are block from LOS if you can't draw a line to them that doesn't go through it. Standing on the terrain removes this.
    Light Cover-8th edition cover, +1 armor verse shooting
    Heavy cover-+1 armor verse melee attacks the model has made a charge move this turn.
    Defensible- Your infantry can either overwatch on 5s and 6s or you cannot overwatch and you get +1 to hit in combat
    Breachable-Infantry can move through it
    Dense cover- -1 to hit for shots that go through the terrain if it is at least 3" tall, does not affect titanic, units with 18+ wounds, or aircraft
    Difficult ground- Subtract 2" when making a charge, advance or normal move
    Unstable-Units can end their move on top of the feature
    Exposed-Units do not gain cover while on top
    Inspiring-+1 leadership

Then a terrain piece would be like Obscuring, light cover, heavy cover, defensible, breachable

That is the new terrain rules.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    For anyone else that's building Indomitus, were the 65mm bases supposed to be in the bag or loose like the bike bases? I didn't get the 2 65mm bases in my box set. :(

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    For anyone else that's building Indomitus, were the 65mm bases supposed to be in the bag or loose like the bike bases? I didn't get the 2 65mm bases in my box set. :(

Contact them! GW is rather forgiving about replacing their stuff

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I’ve walked into a GW store months after buying something, noticing the bases were missing, without a receipt.

The manager rifled around in some drawers and gave me a bunch of bases.

GW are pretty good like that.

• Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    The new terrain rules are so fun to play with.

I had a 10-man/machine squad of Vanguards camped in a trench line. Light, heavy, defensible. They shot through two 5-woman squads of Sororitas and survived a charge from Seraphim. In fact, they even survived the battle at 50% strength.

On that note, man, Vanguards are probably point-for-point in the running for best infantry in the game.

• Options
    R-dem wrote: »
    The new terrain rules are so fun to play with.

I had a 10-man/machine squad of Vanguards camped in a trench line. Light, heavy, defensible. They shot through two 5-woman squads of Sororitas and survived a charge from Seraphim. In fact, they even survived the battle at 50% strength.

On that note, man, Vanguards are probably point-for-point in the running for best infantry in the game.

Rangers still have a place as snipers. But with the equal cost vanguard, especially as mars, hold a great place just for the number of shots you put out.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Yeah, I sent an email, just wondering how they were supposed to sent in the box.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular

Yeah, I sent an email, just wondering how they were supposed to sent in the box.

Those ones were with the other loose bases. Pretty sure the plastic bag only had the 28mm, 32mm, and 40mm bases in it.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I'll say this, I have awful luck with mispacks and miscasts. My group also plays Malifaux and Infinity. My brother has used Corvus Bellis mispack system once due to a missin arm. I recall a couple of uses of Wyrds system, but not anything noteworthy.

I was getting a mispack or miscast every 5-6 purchases in either system. Just awful, awful luck, so I had a lot of experience using both of their returns systems. There was a joke that if our FLGS got a mispack, I'd be the one buying it.

GW is by far the best about it. Wyrd and Covrus Belli both had (I haven't played either game for about 2 years, so I don't know if they improved) systems where there were little stickers or tickets in the boxes, and you had to go through a system where you provide photos of what you had in the box and the ticket and your receipt. Wyrds also ties back to individual warehouse employees, and they have joked about one individual who made a lot of mispacks was given a 'few days off', so it makes you feel extra guilty putting through a mispack claim.

GW? Just email them, tell them your kit with the problem, maybe a photo, and they'll probably just send you the whole kit again (this is unlikely to happen with missing bases from a starter set, however).

They're just really good to deal with about it.

• Options
    Got my first Indomitus marines half today and I'm stoked to start building and converting.

Anyone have opinions on incursors/infiltrators in 9th?

My lgs has a copy of Prophecy sitting on the shelf and I don't own Ragnar yet. I'm tempted to grab it and sell the orks since I've heard early board control with infiltrators can be strong.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Got my first Indomitus marines half today and I'm stoked to start building and converting.

My lgs has a copy of Prophecy sitting on the shelf and I don't own Ragnar yet. I'm tempted to grab it and sell the orks since I've heard early board control with infiltrators can be strong.

I'm interested in the orks, have too damn many space wolves already.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular

With the way scoring works, being able to set up outside your deployment zone seems very strong, especially to help mitigate going 2nd. Pushing deep strike out further also helps against a variety of armies. Overall pretty good imo: they take some of the role that scouts would have but are tougher and bring better firepower, though they’re costed approximately for it.

From Goonhammer:
    Finally, we should mention Infiltrators. With 9th’s heavy emphasis on early holding of objectives, Infiltrators – despite going up to a meaty 24pts – become even more valuable than before. They’re great for pushing out into midfield to take those points early on, are able to give themselves -1 to hit to protect them from incidental fire, and with the new smaller board sizes their anti-deep strike aura becomes even more valuable – particularly when units are going to want to come out of Strategic Reserves. If you’re looking for a similar thing on a budget, Incursors do most of the same work, but of course they don’t bring that oh so aggravating aura.

I’ve got mine from Shadowspear, and I was thinking of picking up a box to add to my Dark Angels. I’m a little upset at our chapter tactic and doctrine bonus lend to being a static, shooting army, especially since the codex army I’m working on is Imperial Fists. I might have to make a custom chapter or pick another fighty chapter to build my Assault Intercessors into. I didn’t play any World of Darkness games growing up. What chapter do I pick when I don’t like Goths, Vampires, or Werewolves?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options

With the way scoring works, being able to set up outside your deployment zone seems very strong, especially to help mitigate going 2nd. Pushing deep strike out further also helps against a variety of armies. Overall pretty good imo: they take some of the role that scouts would have but are tougher and bring better firepower, though they’re costed approximately for it.

From Goonhammer:
    Finally, we should mention Infiltrators. With 9th’s heavy emphasis on early holding of objectives, Infiltrators – despite going up to a meaty 24pts – become even more valuable than before. They’re great for pushing out into midfield to take those points early on, are able to give themselves -1 to hit to protect them from incidental fire, and with the new smaller board sizes their anti-deep strike aura becomes even more valuable – particularly when units are going to want to come out of Strategic Reserves. If you’re looking for a similar thing on a budget, Incursors do most of the same work, but of course they don’t bring that oh so aggravating aura.

I’ve got mine from Shadowspear, and I was thinking of picking up a box to add to my Dark Angels. I’m a little upset at our chapter tactic and doctrine bonus lend to being a static, shooting army, especially since the codex army I’m working on is Imperial Fists. I might have to make a custom chapter or pick another fighty chapter to build my Assault Intercessors into. I didn’t play any World of Darkness games growing up. What chapter do I pick when I don’t like Goths, Vampires, or Werewolves?

Wraiths

Also thanks for the feedback. I hadn't seen that on goonhammer and they make a good point. I hadn't really read their datasheets that thoroughly abd missed the smoke grenade ability.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I always really liked Infiltrators, even in 8th they were always great to to use. Their guns are fun, rolling a 6 to hit wounds and you skip the wound roll phase and go to armor saves which is great in general but funny for overwatch. Also going deep on phobos and grabbing a comms array with a phobos wolf lord with the morkai bolt and a phobos wolf guard battle leader and being able to reroll 1s to hit and wound with Infiltrators as long as those phobos HQs are alive any where on the battlefield is awesome. Also not optimal but I like running the lord of deceit warlord trait so I could redeploy my infiltrators.

Wasn't too awful on points either. 3 squads of Infiltrators with those HQs was 540 points in 8th.

I should mention I've never played competitively so I don't know if this might actually be kind of garbage in tournaments. It is fun though.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    From Goonhammer:

This might explain GW's logic in bumping Aberrants to an absurd 32pts each minumum? They're 2 wound infantry that can deploy anywhere on the table on turn 1.

However, they're not built for holding (melee only, bad save), they're meant to hit things hard in melee and last a bit longer than Acolytes/Metamorphs/Purestrains. So maybe GW is a blanket cost boost to multiwound infantry that can do any sort of deep strike turn 1?

• Options
    Yeah, I’m not sure how the algorithm works but definitely things were hit with a very broad brush. Space Marines got some highlights, but Dark Eldar didn’t even get a shade applied.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So I built and started painting a necron half.

I always imagined that when Necrons spoke their mouths just flashed Cylon style.

But no, according to the new warrior kit not only do necron mouths open they have teeth for some reason?

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    So I built and started painting a necron half.

I always imagined that when Necrons spoke their mouths just flashed Cylon style.

But no, according to the new warrior kit not only do necron mouths open they have teeth for some reason?

Boooh, the unmoving skull is way cooler.

• Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Necrons understand the importance of eating a balanced breakfast before wiping the galaxy clean of all living things

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    Tyranids are more the full English breakfast with extra breakfast.

• Options
    Adaptive protocols recognized a 0.67% increase in fear response in humans due to more realistic skull analog. Adaptive protocols failed to predict a 494.42% increase in Ork engagements resulting from this change.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Adaptive protocols recognized a 0.67% increase in fear response in humans due to more realistic skull analog. Adaptive protocols failed to predict a 494.42% increase in Ork engagements resulting from this change.

Funnily enough I’ve been playing Galdius and whilst the canonicity of a video game is dubious, the Necrons in that call Humans “crude facsimiles” implying that Necrontyr and humans look extremely alike.

They also complain about not being able to take tyranids as pets when you defeat them.

Norgoth on
  • Options
    Battlescribe is updated. Which is pretty nice till GW ever finishes their list builder.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Is the app costing 5 bucks at the moment despite parts of it actually not working?

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Is the app costing 5 bucks at the moment despite parts of it actually not working?

Yes.

It is... not the best launch.

• Options
    The best use is looking up stuff in books you don't own.

At least that works.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I know it's a fool's hope, but I keep hoping Reivers will be good one day. Assault Intercessors just took their cake and ate all of it without so much as a thank you or goodbye.

• Options
    Nealneal wrote: »
    I know it's a fool's hope, but I keep hoping Reivers will be good one day. Assault Intercessors just took their cake and ate all of it without so much as a thank you or goodbye.

I feel Reivers shine in Kill team arena but yeah I wonder if some of the build a chapter abilities come over as some of them might make reivers decent

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    My Indomitus box doesn't get here until Thursday. Damn you living on the west coast, damnmnnn youuuuu (not really, west coast best coast).

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling