It's not anime, it's the 4th [Gunpla] thread

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    delicious forbidden water

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Important GunPla PSA: please do not imbibe toxic modeling supplies and when working with materials that produce fumes use a respirator and work in a well ventilated space

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The very long named Age custom’s PB release apparently is a TRY-AGE Arcade game tie in, and comes with a hand holding a card for the game

Also as noted additional effect parts, which look like they’re from the same molds as the 30MM line’s.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    WAIT A SECOND THE REGULAR TRYAGE ALSO HAS A CARD JUST PLAIN GREEN INSTEAD OF WITH A TIE IN DECAL DESIGN

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't hold with any of this nonsense

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't hold with any of this nonsense

Fume safety or Gundams ready to send you to the Shadow Realm?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Fume safety is extremely important

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    fumesafety, that's the horse gundam right

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    It is also the horse that pilots the Horse Gundam

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I'm getting near the end of Gundam Wing and boy, I have lost track of how many times the turntables have turned.
    like what the fuck does Treize even want at this point? He was working for Romefeller up until they ascended to power, then decided to quit because he didn't like their drone warfare approach with the Mobile Dolls, then he made the Epyon and gave it to Heero, telling him not to win with it, but to "be a loser" and now his loyalist group within OZ has founded some new pro-colony military called White Fang? It seems like he's just Big Boss at this point, wanting a war for the sake of it?

And Relena is now Queen of Romefeller so I guess that makes her a target for the Gundam Bois? Aaaargh

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I'm getting near the end of Gundam Wing and boy, I have lost track of how many times the turntables have turned.
    like what the fuck does Treize even want at this point? He was working for Romefeller up until they ascended to power, then decided to quit because he didn't like their drone warfare approach with the Mobile Dolls, then he made the Epyon and gave it to Heero, telling him not to win with it, but to "be a loser" and now his loyalist group within OZ has founded some new pro-colony military called White Fang? It seems like he's just Big Boss at this point, wanting a war for the sake of it?

And Relena is now Queen of Romefeller so I guess that makes her a target for the Gundam Bois? Aaaargh

Legit actual spoilers

His end goal is the end of all war, and his plan to do so, with Milliardo’s help, is basically the equivalent of getting someone to stop smoking by forcing them to smoke multiple packs in a single sitting until they get sick

Wing’s politics are goddamn wild

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

Major spoilers
    IIRC, Treize' big plan was to have a 'war to end all wars' to teach mankind a lesson, ever since childhood when his dear friend Milliardo's family and kingdom were taken out for advocating for pacifism in Earth's relationship with the space colonies. I believe Dorothy Catalonia was also in on it from long before OZ. Milliardo/Zechs doesn't seem to be entirely on-board until he becomes the leader of White Fang, though. Prior to that I think he was just in it for revenge on the people that plotted against his parents.

Which, works better than I think the creators' intended. So TK having come up with it as an angry teen is more believable to me. Because the idea that a global war can change human nature and prevent more conflict is a pretty facile and childish notion. This also bugged me about how Code Geass wrapped up.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Major spoilers
    IIRC, Treize' big plan was to have a 'war to end all wars' to teach mankind a lesson, ever since childhood when his dear friend Milliardo's family and kingdom were taken out for advocating for pacifism in Earth's relationship with the space colonies. I believe Dorothy Catalonia was also in on it from long before OZ. Milliardo/Zechs doesn't seem to be entirely on-board until he becomes the leader of White Fang, though. Prior to that I think he was just in it for revenge on the people that plotted against his parents.

Which, works better than I think the creators' intended. So TK having come up with it as an angry teen is more believable to me. Because the idea that a global war can change human nature and prevent more conflict is a pretty facile and childish notion. This also bugged me about how Code Geass wrapped up.
    The fun part is that literally every subsequent piece of media both for Wing and the franchise as a whole thoroughly debunks it.

GIVE US FROZEN TEARDROP SUNRISE PLEASE

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Wing thoughts
    Treize’s legacy honestly finds its real material value in the creation of the Preventers as a behind the scenes faction to keep the real stupid shit from popping off

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    as I half-remember the plot of gundam wing it goes
    the boy band is dispatched to earth
    Oz is bad guys, I guess they're probably fascists or something? Relena is also there, and thinks Heero is hot
    IT'S A GUNDAM! *explodes*, repeat x100
    Heero gets lured into a trap and tries but fails to self-destruct the Wing, is captured. Everyone else escapes to space.
    Oops the gundams suck in space because they didn't put vernier thrusters on them. They get embarrassingly chumped by Oz grunt suits with basic zero-g maneuvering gear.
    Captured gundam pilots are made to test pilot various mobile suits for the bad guys for some reason.
    A ton of shit I don't remember very well happens, Relena is important for some reason
    Someone? Oz? A splinter faction of Oz? Is trying to drop a colony asteroid base on Earth! Oh no!
    Char Zechs is trying to stop the gundam boys from stopping the drop for some reason! Heero and Zechs have an ultimate final fight in the falling asteroid colony!
    I will... I will... I will... I WILL SURVIVE!!
    JUST WILD BEAT, COMMUNICATION
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xbIkI3vcgU

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    There's an awesome bit in the OP where Zechs cracks this lil' smile and then it cuts out to Tallgeese accelerating towards Wing and it's just the coolest goddamned thing. I think I like him more than Char.

WaSrfXM.gif

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    The thing about Char, is that in the later shows who he was and how others react to him, seems to be more of a reflection of the IRL fans' reaction to the character, than would make sense for the character as portrayed during the course of the original TV show. Like the old saw about Canon Snape vs Fanon Snape, Char in Zeta through CCA is fanon Char.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I think he must have revealed it by then, either in his speech to the assembly in Dakar in Zeta or at some point in CCA, but I could easily be wrong

• Options
    There's an awesome bit in the OP where Zechs cracks this lil' smile and then it cuts out to Tallgeese accelerating towards Wing and it's just the coolest goddamned thing. I think I like him more than Char.

WaSrfXM.gif

huh interestingly the tallgeese has a rifle in its left hand and no shield in this shot

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I thought this was the Gunpla thread? :P

My Portanova Space Type is cribbing from Tallgeese right now. I'm trying to find a satisfactory way to mount the Arm Rifle such that it can carry it like the TG carries its Dober Gun. Also mounted the forearm shields to the shoulders instead using extension pegs.

Speaking of 30MM's not-Zaku, have another!
    3RdMhFT.jpg

Amphibious infiltration unit which takes inspiration from Zeon aquatic MS like the Z'Gok. Unfortunately the claw unit from the standalone Arm Claw/Long Rifle Unit pack which I bought specifically to have a second claw hand has a broken C-clip and another that's loose, likely because of my own dumbassery in not looking at the instructions first. Since taking this picture I've also added the two big three-tube rocket pods to its shoulders and swapped its original blue eye piece with the red Portanova's.

...I think I need to get the upcoming Attack Submarine vehicle kit. And that navy blue Portanova Underwater Type. And a couple of those Water Field bases...

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    It was a very obvious solution to a simple problem.

He needed more bullet

Shields don't shoot bullet

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    It was a very obvious solution to a simple problem.

He needed more bullet

Shields don't shoot bullet

I counter with:

yms-15-gyan-shield.png

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Counterpoint:

gat-x105+p202qx.jpg

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    The Unicorn Gundam's shield has 2 beam gatling gun mounted on it, at the end of the series it had 3 sets.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    OKAY GOSH FINE I'LL REPHRASE

Shields not filled with guns don't shoot bullet

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    My friend saw Char in the shower once.

• Options
    He said Char had an eight pack. He said Char was shredded.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    A friend of mine who knew Char in middle school said they saw Char's dick in the shower after gym class, they said Char has a monster dong.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    We deserve a MG Leo kit.

• Options
    Give it options so you can do a ground Leo or a space Leo.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I'd hope an MG Leo kit would come with the full paraphernalia, ground type, flight type, space type... although the space type is a different color

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I'm honestly kinda crestfallen that I can't actually get the equipment set for the HG Leo.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Leo are meant to be much smaller than Tallgeese, right? I wonder how far off a 1/144 scale Tallgeese is from a 1/100 scale Leo...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I think they're the same size
    the leo is just the tallgeese with the expensive sports car engine replaced with something cheaper, less powerful and easier to handle
    it's even got the same dorky square camera underneath the faceplate

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Tallgeese has like 1 1/2 to 2 meters on the Leo? it's not a lot but he is, in fact, tall.

Honestly with how good the more recent RE100s have been (Zaku F2000, Shaku) I'd want a Leo one of those.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    is that all from the crest or is it taller at an equivalent point on the chassis too

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    is that all from the crest or is it taller at an equivalent point on the chassis too

AyaRb4l.jpg?1

B4KSHwi.jpg?1

The crest helps but he's still a bit taller

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not sure how reliable comparing gunpla that are supposed to be in scale with each other actually is, I don't know that they pay THAT close attention to scale. Unless the extra height is supposed to be from lengthened knee or ankle joints or something.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I'm not sure how reliable comparing gunpla that are supposed to be in scale with each other actually is, I don't know that they pay THAT close attention to scale. Unless the extra height is supposed to be from lengthened knee or ankle joints or something.

I mean

idk what better metric you want for imaginary stompy robots

X22wmuF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.