Options

[WH40K] Battle Forge is here

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I think ghost arks are the only Necron model I don't have since I never ran Warriors in 9th. I was thinking of getting ghost arks, just depends on how things go with Immortals.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I think ghost arks are the only Necron model I don't have since I never ran Warriors in 9th. I was thinking of getting ghost arks, just depends on how things go with Immortals.

I don't have any ghost arks or many of the larger things for Necrons other than Monoliths
    I really wait for the codex later this year to see what they do with the army. I built about half of the plastic immortals with the tesla rifle not because of the natural 6 but because it was as good a the gauss weapons
    I build the triarchs with sword and board but I feel I will build the last set with the warscythes again I wait the codex to see

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Got a solid hobby evening in... converted some Reivers into Wulfen and got better at making green stuff fur for my Indomitus space wolves.

ohl6elq7cxet.jpg
    hycsik4dhm02.jpg

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    My brother complains how they basically copy pasted the 6th? Era Space Wolf codex and plotted down the primaris stuff without any stuff about them
    As he dislikes the current wulfen and uses the 13th great company era Eye of Terror 13th first go around ones but he does complain about new indomitus stuff and how will it placed in the new space wolf codex

• Options
    Ok why do I get two extra sets of hoses? with the necron night scythe

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So, couple of necron codex leaks from some minis already revoked.

Spyder lost 6” of range from its gun but went up to 5 attacks str 8 and flat 2 damage now in melee

Praetorians gained an extra attack, but also 2 damage on the rod in shooting and melee.

Honestly this makes them really, really fucking spicy now IMO. 230 points for ten T5 2w dudes with 30 str 5 -3 2 dmg attacks 10” move and fly feels super reasonable (plus shots on top of this). They’ll murder basically anything Primaris handily. Considering that Melee units that can get into position to counter charge objectives are proving pretty damn handy in 9th it’s pretty nice.

Honestly running a mostly melee necron army is looking pretty viable right now between these guys, wraiths, maybe the new destroyers (they’re kind of terrain dependant. On a decent board you can sit them out of LOS and threaten walking through terrain and charging)

Combine all these with the leaked “everything is obsec” dynasty and it feels possibly really good. Especially wraiths, obsec wraiths feels just wrong.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Rules leaks for the primaris turret and atv.

Turret looks interesting. 3" move, two weapon options.

The ATV has lots of guns... It's just weird that it comes with a bolt pistol. I wonder how many days of training each battle brother gets on drive-bys.
    1e52zphk8ebh.jpeg

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Whoah, BIG melta changes in there!
    Multimelta is Heavy 2, and the half-range rule is different (blurry) looks like d6+3 damage instead of pick the highest d6

Gatling cannon also went up 2 shots from 6 to 8.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    I hadn't noticed that... That is a big change

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Gonna say, these are summary rules from some kit, not codex pages. Or at least that’s how it appears, since neither of those has Angels of Death, or Doctrines or anything else.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Gonna say, these are summary rules from some kit, not codex pages. Or at least that’s how it appears, since neither of those has Angels of Death, or Doctrines or anything else.

Conjecture is that they were rulesets destined to be in an indomitus box of some kind but were cut before they went to full print

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Having trouble finishing the build on my Indomitus boxes. Holding off on the reanimators until I decide a paint scheme cause I'm gonna sub assemble them.

The HQs though, I have 1 set of them built and two more sets but I really want to find a way to do a kitbash or something to make them different. I wish I was more confident with doing stuff like this, I really don't want to wreck the models.

I also need to try and do something with my other overlords, crypteks, and lords since I've never done anything to try and modify their poses so they all look essentially the same.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I would very much enjoy the new marine codex giving some staples a rework.
    Wonder if the-1apchainswords will be armywide?

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Played (and won!) My first game of 9th and my first in-person game in like 6 months with my Deathguard vs Imperial Fists.

Cloud of Flies of the big blob of Plague Marines with the Disgusting Resilient Land Raider in front of it to tank hits was *chef's kiss*

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    How will it work if the Marine codex changes the rules on Multi-Meltas for my Sisters? Seems like a day 1 FAQ at best case scenario, and really something that should have just been updated at edition launch in the core rulebook.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    How will it work if the Marine codex changes the rules on Multi-Meltas for my Sisters? Seems like a day 1 FAQ at best case scenario, and really something that should have just been updated at edition launch in the core rulebook.

They'll either FAQ everything or wait until new Codexes get released to update the datasheets, is my guess. Based on how Stormshields have been ruled they're apparently happy for different units to have different rules for the same wargear.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Yeah, Heavy Bolt Pistols as well since poor Reivers still have the 12” profile.

• Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    I'm starting to think Reivers are just there to be a conversion base for power armored melee units

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Poor reivers, 12" pistols, so pedestrian, who would want to be seen with something like that.

I mean besides every non Primaris Marine. :P

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Poor reivers, 12" pistols, so pedestrian, who would want to be seen with something like that.

I didn’t mean it that way, just that it’s weird they are 18” on Assault Intercessors and Bladeguard, but 12” on Reivers. I’m not sure why they increased the range to be honest.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Part of the issue with the way GW releases rules is that it's impossible to see the full scope of their ideas until you get several supplements down the road. It's the curse of being tied to print media but it's hard to understand some of their design choices when we don't have the full breadth of their plans. I'm sure they have most of 9th ed. planned out internally and how it will all fit together as new books release...but that's a black box to us.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Nealneal wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »

I didn’t mean it that way, just that it’s weird they are 18” on Assault Intercessors and Bladeguard, but 12” on Reivers. I’m not sure why they increased the range to be honest.

I was trying to be tongue in cheek and failed. All good.

Especially with the smaller board sizes it feels a bit unnecessary.

honovere on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    So cool that GW is doing a mystery box thing at what they say will be a 50% discount on the random kits inside. Also cool that they aren't doing it in North America.

Not that I actively want a mystery box option, I feel like it will be real disappointing. Just a bummer that they do stuff like this and it doesn't come to north America.

What ever even happened to that magazine subscription thing they did that came with models?

Stragint on

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    If it's anything like the Privateer Press (Warmachine/Hordes) mystery boxes, there's a huge trading community around those when they are available.

• Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    I went in for an underworlds box with a local so will see what comes in. The 40 k one was sold out very quickly

Hopefully it's some cool stuff!

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Surely it’ll just be end of season stuff they’re going to have difficulty shifting otherwise?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Surely it’ll just be end of season stuff they’re going to have difficulty shifting otherwise?

They always throw in sought after things as well, otherwise word gets around fast that the boxes are trash and people won't buy them.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    Blind boxes are bad
    Do not but blind boxes
    Blind boxes are bad

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    It's stunning how fast blind boxes sold at PAX Unplugged.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Some people really enjoy the dopamine hit of blind boxes. They aren't my thing, but I also don't begrudge people who like them.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    With all the new stuff being released, it'd be a great marketing buzz to include a few of those goofy ATV's or a new destroyer in a few random boxes.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

I really didn't think that thing was going to be mobile. What's it supposed to look like on the move? Just a techmarine riding his support gun, hovering two feet off the battlefield all "bwowowowowow", like a low effort Starcraft 1 mod? In my mind it just looks about as grimdark as an assault Segway.

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    So cool that GW is doing a mystery box thing at what they say will be a 50% discount on the random kits inside. Also cool that they aren't doing it in North America.

Not that I actively want a mystery box option, I feel like it will be real disappointing. Just a bummer that they do stuff like this and it doesn't come to north America.

What ever even happened to that magazine subscription thing they did that came with models?

Both magazines are still going strong in Europeland. I think the 40k one is just about finished up.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Orogogus wrote: »

I really didn't think that thing was going to be mobile. What's it supposed to look like on the move? Just a techmarine riding his support gun, hovering two feet off the battlefield all "bwowowowowow", like a low effort Starcraft 1 mod? In my mind it just looks about as grimdark as an assault Segway.

Primaris Space Marines are pretty strong... maybe he just lifts or pushes it around?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Its feet are tiny repulsor thingies. It just floats around slowly.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Orogogus wrote: »

I pictured it as having little claw toes on the support struts/legs and it just creeps around like a crab.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    giphy.gif

website_header.jpg
  • Options

Both magazines are still going strong in Europeland. I think the 40k one is just about finished up.

I know they took Conquest to Japan but I am still kind of curious why they don't do it in NA

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Its feet are tiny repulsor thingies. It just floats around slowly.

Right, but doesn't that look pretty dumb, not at all conveying the "mailed fist of the Emperor" feel that Marines like so much? Any way I try to imagine it just looks like a dumb meme. A tide of Crimson Fists all angry and guns blazing, with a guy on his Firestrike in the back hovering over everyone's heads. Dark Angels looking all goth and metal with their dark armor and their robes and their floating servo-turret. An Imperial task force boarding its transport vehicles, with companies of Marines arrayed in hundred-strong companies, columns of tanks at the ready and massive Titans striding onto the ramps, followed by a line of Primaris guys slowly scootering their way up on their turrets.

Walking turrets would be a little better (although probably a better fit for the Mechanicus), but this thing clearly has no joints.

• Options
    I feel it's like a field gun breaking down in a few and setting up as just quick