Options

The Difference Between [Chat]s and Dogs

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Somewhat tangential: one very very important thing I learned about buying a house was never go house hunting in the summer. The best time to inspect a place is on a rainy day in late winter. Makes such a huge difference in noticing small but hugely important (and costly) details. How rainwater flows around and through and under the property, how full ditches get, where does runoff from the roof go, are there single points of failure where a clogged outdoor drain would divert water into the house etc... Also just whether the place is hell of depressing in winter or not.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    No i get that you carved out a DK exception to your continued shitting on landlords, just it's separately true that this statement was factually wrong:
    bowen wrote: »

In several decades, DK's husband will more than make up for any loss they ever had unless they sell when the market collapses again.

I do agree with shitting on landlords, whether i would quibble with individual details or not. Landlord forums are a living argument for torches and pitchforks. I was pleased in March at all the sob stories from airbnb parasites.

Landlord forums universally look are full of people acting so shitty that you’d guarantee it’s some sort of anti-landlord psyop but no, just earnest sociopaths

Doing work with immigrants, the types of lies you see some of these people telling are appalling. There was like a whole thing for explaining to people what landlords can and cannot demand of you because it can be such a common problem. More frequent was less egregious shit like asking for deposits that weren't legal but some of the lies were breathtaking.

• Options
    Also if you are buying a house you NEED yo find every drain on the property and figure out where it empties out

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Doing more than one Hand stand push-ups is a dream 😍

like one handed pushup or

or one hand-stand pushup or

one one-handed hand-stand pushup or

Eventually yes

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Landlords?

More like landVILLAINS

or lanlordVADERS

nailed it

• Options
    Somewhat tangential: one very very important thing I learned about buying a house was never go house hunting in the summer. The best time to inspect a place is on a rainy day in late winter. Makes such a huge difference in noticing small but hugely important (and costly) details. How rainwater flows around and through and under the property, how full ditches get, where does runoff from the roof go, are there single points of failure where a clogged outdoor drain would divert water into the house etc... Also just whether the place is hell of depressing in winter or not.

My entire neighbourhood is like wall to wall bad drainage. It's incredible to see a builder fail so consistently. It's not even random at that point.

Also, bad roofs. Everyone replacing them like a decade before they should need it.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/4/21354553/riot-games-burnout-crunch-employees-week-time-off
    Riot Games, the developer of League of Legends and Valorant, will be giving employees the week of August 10th off to “disconnect, recharge, and reboot,” the studio announced in a blog post published Tuesday.
    The employees can have a week off, but only as a treat and not something they should just expect to be able to have

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    No i get that you carved out a DK exception to your continued shitting on landlords, just it's separately true that this statement was factually wrong:
    bowen wrote: »

In several decades, DK's husband will more than make up for any loss they ever had unless they sell when the market collapses again.

I do agree with shitting on landlords, whether i would quibble with individual details or not. Landlord forums are a living argument for torches and pitchforks. I was pleased in March at all the sob stories from airbnb parasites.

Landlord forums universally look are full of people acting so shitty that you’d guarantee it’s some sort of anti-landlord psyop but no, just earnest sociopaths

Doing work with immigrants, the types of lies you see some of these people telling are appalling. There was like a whole thing for explaining to people what landlords can and cannot demand of you because it can be such a common problem. More frequent was less egregious shit like asking for deposits that weren't legal but some of the lies were breathtaking.

Imagine the layers of failure required for the following absolutely true thing to happen:

There are billboard advertisements, for lawyers, noting that landlords cannot demand sex in lieu of payment for apartments.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The problem with anti-pandemic measures, individually and socially, is that if they're successful, they will look like they were unnecessary.

So those measures may blunt the infections and deaths, and people like you who dutifully take precautions may unwittingly prevent or deflect major superspread events, and then the people who half-assed it or didn't care will say "See, you were taking it so seriously but it was fine. Loosen up."

I'm infuriated

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Doing more than one Hand stand push-ups is a dream 😍

like one handed pushup or

or one hand-stand pushup or

one one-handed hand-stand pushup or

Eventually yes

Actually I can do the first two. I wanna be able to do multiple ones.

@jungleroomx

I just tested and I can do one planche push up poorly

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/4/21354553/riot-games-burnout-crunch-employees-week-time-off
    Riot Games, the developer of League of Legends and Valorant, will be giving employees the week of August 10th off to “disconnect, recharge, and reboot,” the studio announced in a blog post published Tuesday.
    The employees can have a week off, but only as a treat and not something they should just expect to be able to have

If this wasn't a software company in games I would read that as an extra paid week off in addition to usual PTO. But its games so.....

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    The problem with anti-pandemic measures, individually and socially, is that if they're successful, they will look like they were unnecessary.

Ooh, you mean like IT and preventative maintenance/regular upgrades! Yeah. It's a wonderful cycle - if you do your job right people will think you are useless and fire you!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

So those measures may blunt the infections and deaths, and people like you who dutifully take precautions may unwittingly prevent or deflect major superspread events, and then the people who half-assed it or didn't care will say "See, you were taking it so seriously but it was fine. Loosen up."

I'm infuriated

Humans are kind of a problem.

• Options

I'm infuriated

Just like how people look back on y2k "panic"

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i've been watching youtube videos a lot to learn about how to use my camera and stuff and this one guy i've been watching gives a lot of really good advice but the pictures he uses as examples from what he's taken are all really boring and not good

it's kind of amusing

Craftsmanship and artistry are different! Yeah that kind of thing is fun

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Replace humans with cats world peace achieved

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    A landlord in space is a voidsir

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options

I'm infuriated

I still predict we will forever be cursed with vaccination looking like a sine curve. We will tamp down on disease so well that the next generation will get stupid and think they don't need to do it, at which point shit will get bad to the point where everyone remembers why we did vaccinations in the first place and the process will repeat itself.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I have been looking forward to shawarma leftovers all morning and i'm pleased to report that they reheated deliciously

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    yo for real fuck my ex landlord that nearly doubled my rent because of that whole introductory pricing bullshit

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    @VishNub i show that image in my entomology classes and the insect lectures in my zoology class

• Options
    Really that applies to.... all preventive action

• Options

I'm infuriated

I still wonder if some of those systems ever got fixed. Some places just kicked the can down the road because their records only went back to like the 1940s or something. So they just said "anything below XX means 20XX, problem solved!"

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    VishNub i show that image in my entomology classes and the insect lectures in my zoology class

Ok but to be clear you would vote for giant Mickey Mouse beetles ruling the world if you could

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Couscous wrote: »

So is the week off paid? They don't seem to mention that.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    I have to take nap

Goodbye

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I’m hungry and too lazy to make food, but as fate would have it I located an unexpired frozen dinner in the fridge.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Why is success "nailed it" but failure is "getting screwed." What is this fastener elitism.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Why is success "nailed it" but failure is "getting screwed." What is this fastener elitism.

Meanwhile, "getting hammered" has nothing to do with success or failure.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I’m hungry and too lazy to make food, but as fate would have it I located an unexpired frozen dinner in the fridge.

The dream

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

Meanwhile, "getting hammered" has nothing to do with success or failure.

That depends on your goals. It’s the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I have been looking forward to shawarma leftovers all morning and i'm pleased to report that they reheated deliciously

whew

• Options
    Getting nailed is often a bad thing, too

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Getting nailed is often a bad thing, too

In all cases, it's whether you're the subject or the object. Nailing is good, getting nailed, bad. Screwing good, getting screwed bad.

This all comes down to sexism surrounding intercourse, as I will detail in seven hundred following tweets.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    No it is because I literally nail landlordvaders to crosses

• Options
    Disney must be stopped

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Boss, maskless, coughing in meetings.

Am I already dead?

Yes.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
  • Options
    shryke wrote: »

I'm infuriated

I still wonder if some of those systems ever got fixed. Some places just kicked the can down the road because their records only went back to like the 1940s or something. So they just said "anything below XX means 20XX, problem solved!"

Kicking the can 40 years down the road ain't a bad compromise. Especially since unix time hits its own problem well before then.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
This discussion has been closed.