Options

[Remnant 2] Remnant the re-remnanting

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Just always be breaking jars/barrels/crates seems a reliable way to get the scrap coming in as you adventure.

If you reroll an area/do it with a friend and you find something you've already unlocked you'll get a few hundred scrap IIRC. Not the most reliable thing to do though.

yeah i buffed up the adventurers gear and break everything. still real short tho

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    cncaudata wrote: »
    I just hate that we row the boat backward.

I knew that looked wrong!
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    is there a good way to go and get a bunch of scrap? i'm really coming up short lately

You can try and go looking for these:

Extra scrap amulet - https://remnantfromtheashes.wiki.fextralife.com/Scavenger's+Bauble
    Bonus scrap trait - https://remnantfromtheashes.wiki.fextralife.com/Scavenger

Even if you don't find them right away, grinding for them will get you a bunch.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Just started playing and rapidly figured out I can't just melee everything!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    It's always good to keep it in mind as a backup for some smaller enemies.

But yes, keep your guns loaded and a safe distance as you can.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I bought a scythe from a bug-lady (she seems nice!) that I really like, but the emphasis really seems to be on ranged combat, yeah. When anything gets close things get dicey and I generally have a bad time.

I also somehow got a gun mod that summons a dog for you! You can pet him and everything! And he just tears the absolute fuck out of some throats, let me tell you? Whosagoodboy? Yeragoodboy!

I got the base game for free but I think I'll scrap together 25 bucks for all the DLCs to get some more worlds to adventure in. I find that I enjoy grinding out mats for upgrading gear and trait points. I've had enough fun with it that I feel like supporting the devs. Wouldn't mind a Remnant 2 at all either, it's a neat setting.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

I mean, you probably can to be honest. It'd just require you to build for it. You'd still wanna invest in guns of course, just to deal with anything you can't reach, but it's definitely doable.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Once I got the gun that resurrects you, I stopped trying anything else. I put on my cultists pants and beat the game. There are so many different ways to play, though. Leto's armor was fun for a long time. I remember enjoying my world breaking hammer immensely. I'm talking myself right into this expansion...

• Options
    Etiowsa wrote: »

I mean, you probably can to be honest. It'd just require you to build for it. You'd still wanna invest in guns of course, just to deal with anything you can't reach, but it's definitely doable.

I'm definitely not deep enough into the game just yet to do that. Since you can't block incoming attacks and only have three heals it gets out of had quickly.

Still working on getting to Ford's office, but got hung up on some asshole who blocks everything.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    if you have not done so already, make sure you explore below ward 13 after having been through the red crystal at least once (and picked up the keycard you practically can't miss)

there are a bunch of items down there on the floors of the complex below the reactor you started that make the early game a lot easier.

also where a lot of the early lore is hidden.

If anyone needs help with the early game just give me a yell, happy to run around and murder some trees for you.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    I am always up to play, too. Trying to get the new survival rewards now and they aren't coming. I really wish there was. A tracker to tell me how close I was.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Viking wrote: »
    if you have not done so already, make sure you explore below ward 13 after having been through the red crystal at least once (and picked up the keycard you practically can't miss)

there are a bunch of items down there on the floors of the complex below the reactor you started that make the early game a lot easier.

also where a lot of the early lore is hidden.

If anyone needs help with the early game just give me a yell, happy to run around and murder some trees for you.

Oh wow really? Had no idea headed there now.

Oh neat a whole new trait?

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    Did my first dungeon almost entirely by accident. Killed some dude the stalker at the end of it? This is definitely built for COOP right? No way could do that on my own

• Options
    DecatusDecatus Registered User regular
    So...yes and no. You absolutely can and should play with people because its really fun as a coop game.

But, other than a day or two back in March when I bought this, I've never played with anyone else. I've gone through solo and have worked to "get gud" You can absoluyely solo everything, it just takes practice. I say this as someone who is terrible at video games but loves them, haha.

PSN: decatus90
  • Options
    Decatus wrote: »
    So...yes and no. You absolutely can and should play with people because its really fun as a coop game.

But, other than a day or two back in March when I bought this, I've never played with anyone else. I've gone through solo and have worked to "get gud" You can absoluyely solo everything, it just takes practice. I say this as someone who is terrible at video games but loves them, haha.

Is it better to do the storyline or run random dungeons?

• Options
    Both have their strong points. If you want to get everything you'll have to run the story at least twice - there are some choices you can make that change what rewards you earn.

Adventure mode is great for trying to get certain things though - like I really wanted to get the Chicago Typewriter, so I ran adventire mode until the encounter showed up.

Adventure mode is also good if you've got an hour, maybe an hour and change to play. You roll a specific planet and get one boss, one miniboss, a dungeon, and an encounter. Its a good way to try and target specific gear drops, perk unlocks, or even just to earn scrap and materials to upgrade what you already have. You can also reset your adventure mode save as many times as you want without messing up your story progress, which is really nice.

• Options
    Adventure mode is really the best bet. Not only because you can more quickly target a specific item but because you will eventually hit a bottleneck for simulacrum, and adventure will get you far far more (assuming you use world analyzer)

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I played through it entirely before Adventure mode was even added. How does one find out what item or boss they want to fight, ingame? Or is it just looking at a wiki and build suggestions.

• Options
    As far as I know there isn't really any way to tell in game. I mostly played through blind but decided to look up where a few choice items came from to farm them up. I didn't look up any boss strategies, because honestly whats the point, but I felt fine with looking up how to get certain materials or items.

• Options
    Wiki will give you a list of all things available, or YouTube, etc. There is an app you can download, Remnant Save Manager (not the web version that's similar, it is not maintained and won't work) that will tell you which bosses and events are in your world so you don't need to play through the entire thing only to see stuff you've already got.

• Options
    So far adventure mode let's you select one of a few world's which I'm guessing kind of directs what your gonna see.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    each of the worlds has its own set of potential bosses and events.

a bunch of them have different outcomes based on your actions too, killing a boss in a specific way or a new dialogue option in an event if you happen to have a specific item on you. this can lead to unique items and traits.

this makes Adventure mode great for targeting specific things as its a smaller but focused snapshot of the whole.

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So far adventure mode let's you select one of a few world's which I'm guessing kind of directs what your gonna see.

Adventure mode makes a randomly generated map based on the worlds you've unlocked and populates it with enemies and random events and loot and stuff. There's usually 2 waypoint crystals, 1-2 dungeons with bosses or dungeon events at the end, and one big boss event (on Earth for ex. I fought a cthulhu that was also a tree).

I've wrapped up the campaign and started making adventure mode runs, it's great for seeing all the dungeons and bosses you didn't get as part of your campaign run. Eventually I might try re-rolling the campaign itself and checking that out, because there are some things you can only get in campaign mode based on the choices you make (I've read there's a scythe I missed, and I wants it. I like scythes.)

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Ah, Riven. Yeah I need that too, I have everything else I want for my immortal regen build, so that will just be the icing on top. I figure I'll run through the new DLC first, then reroll to get the scythe, then just start boosting difficulty and doing more adventures.

I haven't really tried survival at all, though...I should get around to that.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I wish the game surfaced that stuff better, or gave a reason to go through that much work. I'm not sure it'd be worth it for a game I only kinda liked somewhat. It's on the list though, maybe sometime i'll go back.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Man, I wish this game was good. Like, I'm so close to enjoying it, but practically every boss encounter is some form of awful. Adds aren't fun dammit.

• Options
    As a fan of Dark Souls 2 bring on the adds.

Add them, if you will.

• Options
    The beginning is especially bad. Im 100% not a fan of any of the souls style games. But for some reason I decided to stick with this one. Once you bit a certain point things just sort of click and it becomes more fun. I think the recent balance patch probably helped with that too - some of the gear changes are really nice.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I can’t imagine solo’ing bosses. All of them so far have adds of some kind that having even 1 more person makes a lot easier.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Incidentally, getting others to join your game is pretty easy, just at the start-up screen set your game type from private to friends-only or public. With public I had randos dropping in when using a crystal. I got a couple today just running around with me, helped me killed a few bosses. Made things quicker, though I'm pretty sure friendly fire is a thing so be careful. If you're having too hard a time with a boss you could try grouping, it might help.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Incidentally, getting others to join your game is pretty easy, just at the start-up screen set your game type from private to friends-only or public. With public I had randos dropping in when using a crystal. I got a couple today just running around with me, helped me killed a few bosses. Made things quicker, though I'm pretty sure friendly fire is a thing so be careful. If you're having too hard a time with a boss you could try grouping, it might help.
    FF IS a thing, but thats ok because you can get traits from it....
    being downed 10 times by another player earns you one.
    being revived by another player 10 times earns you another (can get this one without FF but its quicker to stand at the crystal and kill each other until you run out of hearts)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I joined a game and we killed a dragon after wiping because I decided to ignore the boss and just shotgunned adds protecting my team and they focused the boss.

• Options
    When do you start seeing new equipment and weapons? I just finished The Chapel and still rocking my starter weapons and armor.

Do I just end upgrading my scrapper stuff forever?

I

• Options
    When do you start seeing new equipment and weapons? I just finished The Chapel and still rocking my starter weapons and armor.

Do I just end upgrading my scrapper stuff forever?

I

most bosses drop an item that can be traded for a new weapon or mod, in ward 13 talk to the lady fixing an engine.

there are a few earlyish easy to get options....
    there was a weapon hidden downstairs in the chapel, did you grab that before moving on? if not you can teleport back there easily.

for armor, behind the bookcase you can smash when you first teleport to the very first combat zone after touching the red crystal (near the table that had the ward 13 keycard)

also once you have the keycard you can explore below ward 13 and following some light puzzling and backtracking there is a SMG to get.

for the most part you are at the whims of RNG
    many maps have an item if you can find it (look for the purple glow)
    events are a pretty good source for armor/weapons/trinkets too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Okay cool. I am floored they didn't put in a simple Goodbye emote. I play with chat disabled for obvious reasons and partied with a guy for like an hour and had a good time.

I went with a "Cheer" followed by "No" then left the game.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I think I used the stamina armor for most of the game so far. My friends used the mod recharge stuff mostly. You can get some tree armor on Earth, not sure if it's RNG or not, but one friend is using that. There's some armor on the 2nd world that I'm using now that flips between more offense and more defense if you get hit. Don't think that's RNG, just a puzzle you need to solve.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The majority of things are rng whether your world roll has it or not (to encourage multiple playthroughs with variety).

You can always get a submachinegun and sniper on the first world. You can always get a single-shot buffing armor on the 3rd world.

cncaudata on
  • Options
    For those of you who don't mind a bit of cheating, there's an online Save Analyzer that lets you examine the contents of a campaign/adventure world after you've ported into it to see if it'll have anything you want. It's handy if you're deliberately hunting for a specific thing.

Currently I'm rocking the Radiant armor, which you can pick up on the jungle planet if you find a merchant lady with her cart stuck. Boosts crit chance and damage, good with a rapid fire weapons like the SMG. I picked up the Chicago Typewriter in a random run on Earth and it rules with this armor.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    For those of you who don't mind a bit of cheating, there's an online Save Analyzer that lets you examine the contents of a campaign/adventure world after you've ported into it to see if it'll have anything you want. It's handy if you're deliberately hunting for a specific thing.

Currently I'm rocking the Radiant armor, which you can pick up on the jungle planet if you find a merchant lady with her cart stuck. Boosts crit chance and damage, good with a rapid fire weapons like the SMG. I picked up the Chicago Typewriter in a random run on Earth and it rules with this armor.

The analyzer's currently broken in Adventure Mode, unfortunately - looks like the addition of the Subject 2923 stuff has thrown it off.

• Options
    The downloadable one is not broken

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

Chronos: Before the Ashes is a prequel to Remnant: From the Ashes

also THQ Nordic kinda sucks

Well, speak of the devil.