Options

Let's Talk About [2020 Elections] Like Grownups!

• Options
    UrsusUrsus Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    https://aapidata.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/aavs2020_crosstab_national.html

Asian American polling.
    (%Biden/%Trump)
    Indian Americans: 65%/28%
    Japanese: 61%/24%
    Koreans: 57%/26%
    Chinese: 56%/20%
    Filipino: 52%/34%
    Vietnamese: 36%/48%

Asian American total: 54%/30%

92% of surveyed Asian Americans said they intend to vote in the 2020 election.

Indian American numbers are the real surprising one to me.

What's the deal with the Vietnamese, though?

Similar situation as cuban Americans?

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

Asian American polling.
    (%Biden/%Trump)

A lot of them are refugees from the vietnam war, or military families. You can think of them to asian demographics the way cubans are to latinx.

Drives a friend of mine (who was literally in refugee camps in the Philippines) nuts.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Asian American polling.
    (%Biden/%Trump)

A lot of them are refugees from the vietnam war, or military families. You can think of them to asian demographics the way cubans are to latinx.

Drives a friend of mine (who was literally in refugee camps in the Philippines) nuts.

Also Trump has strongly denounced China’s maritime claims in the South China Sea. Popular among Vietnamese for obvious reasons.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Asian American polling.
    (%Biden/%Trump)

Much like Cubans, Vietnamese are disproportionately from families who fled Communist forces in the latter phases of the Vietnam War and/or are connected to military families from that conflict. Either would produce more right leaning populations

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

Asian American polling.
    (%Biden/%Trump)

Much like Cubans, Vietnamese are disproportionately from families who fled Communist forces in the latter phases of the Vietnam War and/or are connected to military families from that conflict. Either would produce more right leaning populations

I'd also bet that like Cubans there's probably a generational divide ongoing. Where the parents are Rah Rah Republicans and the kids are looking around going heyyyyyy they kind of hate everyone who isn't white.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    In that they favor Biden over Trump

E: let alone by the widest margin.

One guess: they're the least Christian of those minority groups, I think. Also the darkest skinned.

Also maybe the effects of Harris.

And a large Sikh community.

Hmm. Indians also tend to be super racist against BIPOC. At least from my and Hari Kundabalis experiences. But maybe my dad was just one of the super racist ones.

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020

Asian American polling.
    (%Biden/%Trump)

Not to me. Asian Indian Americans of all backgrounds are routinely accused of being Muslim. Trump stokes anti-Muslim hatred. It makes perfect sense Indians vote Biden.

If the GOP was not Nazi and just generic conservative, however, it would be odd.

Nobeard on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    CNN reporter:
    A crying voter tells Trump at length about how her mom, a fellow immigrant, died of cancer, and asks a question on her mom's behalf about immigration.

Trump repeatedly talks about how her mom died of "Covid."

Trump to the woman who explained how her mom died of cancer: "Did YOU have Covid? You didn't have it, right? You didn't have it? Your mother. Uh, we’ll have it taken care of. It's going to get taken care of. The vaccines are gonna make a big difference."
    Trump could not be projecting harder when he talks about Biden being senile

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »

One guess: they're the least Christian of those minority groups, I think. Also the darkest skinned.

Hmm. Indians also tend to be super racist against BIPOC. At least from my and Hari Kundabalis experiences. But maybe my dad was just one of the super racist ones.

Oh no I totally know an Indian man that was very much into the white supremacism. Like. Very into. Learning German, only drive a VW. Doing Nazi salute. Yeah.

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »

Oh no I totally know an Indian man that was very much into the white supremacism. Like. Very into. Learning German, only drive a VW. Doing Nazi salute. Yeah.

I think he may have misunderstood the concept of "Aryan."

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Coons' opponent in Delaware is going to be a Q cultist. Because the GOP is the problem if you needed another reminder.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Biden Campaign was on top of the Townhall tonight.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Twitter mostly ain't loading for me nowadays. What is it?

• Options
    Nobeard wrote: »

Oh sorry forgot to quote, it was a video from the townhall where Trump blamed Biden for not instituting his mask mandate.

To be clear: I am not currently president. But if you chip in now, we can change that in November: https://joe.link/35LrCCJ

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular

Asian American polling.
    (%Biden/%Trump)

Undecided numbers are interesting. 16% over all and up to 24%. Most other polling I've seen has the general electorate like around like 7%.

But not sure if their are any swing states with specifically large asian pops.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Coons' opponent in Delaware is going to be a Q cultist. Because the GOP is the problem if you needed another reminder.

Hah.

She's from the southern county. This is no real surprise.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I just saw a youtube ad where Trump takes credit for cheap gas, which is fucked up for more reasons I can count.

I can't tell if it's general Trump dumbassery or if he's getting desparate.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

Asian American polling.
    (%Biden/%Trump)

Undecided numbers are interesting. 16% over all and up to 24%. Most other polling I've seen has the general electorate like around like 7%.

Pretty sizable Asian (Hmong, in particular) population in Minnesota. Largest in Hawai'i/California/Oregon/Washington though.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I just saw a youtube ad where Trump takes credit for cheap gas, which is fucked up for more reasons I can't count.

I can't tell if it's general Trump dumbassery or if he's getting desparate.

I was watching a show online and there was a Trump ad between sections and it was about how Trump fixed the economy and Joe Biden will make you pay infinity dollars in taxes and the imagery was just sad-looking old, white people looking directly at the camera with their arms folded over their chest shaking their heads glumly. It was so bizarrely stupid that I thought it was some kind of parody at first and laughed at it for a few minutes.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

Asian American polling.
    (%Biden/%Trump)

Pretty sizable Asian (Hmong, in particular) population in Minnesota. Largest in Hawai'i/California/Oregon/Washington though.

Also, polling tends to get a lot harder the further you drill down into demographics. Especially for a minority population that account for ~5-6% of the overall population. Error bars and undecided are likely to be large just as an artifact of that reality.

I mean, there are only 2 million Vietnamese-Americans. Polling 1,000 of them to get a representative sample is literally 0.05 of the total and going to be pretty damn hard.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Wait are you saying Biden is able to do a national mask mandate?

Wait is Biden President now?

What?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Hate double posting. But on another site to help you vote. Colbert has rolled one out for state by state.

https://www.betterknowaballot.com/

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Wait are you saying Biden is able to do a national mask mandate?

Wait is Biden President now?

What?

I mean, yes? All of Trump's attack ads are basically acting like Biden is the Incumbent and Trump is the outsider running to kick him out.

Often while simultaneously talking about all the great things that Trump has done since becoming president.

This is why "gottem" stuff just doesn't work. They don't care.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »

Town hall voter asks him why he doesn't support a mask mandate and wear a mask himself more often

He replies by claiming he wears one when he needs to, then immediately segues to:

1. blaming Biden and the Democrat (sic) party for calling for a mask mandate during their convention but not following through (which is of course not their responsibility)
    2. claiming that masks are no good anyway because he saw a waiter touching his face (yes, really)
    3. repeating his lie that Fauci and the CDC said "don't wear masks." That is not what they said, they said "don't go out and hoard masks, we need to save them for hospital workers"

• Options

"Going into the town hall, [Ellesia Blaque] said, she was 'on the fence' about voting at all in 2020. That's why she qualified as an uncommitted voter by ABC's standard. But now, she said, 'I'm going to vote for Biden.' Trump 'reanimated me to vote.'"

Politico reporter. Undecided on voting until Trump was a full on asshole in person now she's activated to vote Biden. Good coms.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ok Trump said yes to Joe Rogan's debate?
    I am both curious and scared

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Trump said yes first, then we'll see if Biden says yes to call his bluff, which will then lead us to see if Trump figures out a way to weasel out of it or if he sticks to his guns and we have an old man slap fight moderated by a Nazi apologist

Opty on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Woops sorry, phone posting.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    If you based your entire worldview on one reasonably high quality source - say CNN or the Washington Post - you'd be better informed than someone who has a very broad diet of right-wing media.

Conservative media is synonymous with disinformation at this point. I'm not sure there's a single rightwing person/show with any audience or pull that does not regularly and constantly engage in hypocrisy, lies, and outright propaganda. Maddow, Oliver, Colbert, etc very obviously have leftwing agendas, but that's because things like accepting the validity of scientific studies is now a partisan issue.

The Economist?

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-economist/
    Editorially, The Economist endorses both Republicans and Democrats in the United States. For example, the have endorsed Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton in 2016, while endorsing Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush in earlier elections. In the UK they most recently endorsed the Liberal Democrats, which hold left leaning libertarian positions. One criticism of The Economist is that a majority of their articles are penned anonymously, which they explain is to maintain a continuity of writing. They do however, provide a media directory where you can view who is involved in writing and editing.

A 2014 Pew Research Survey found that 59% of the Economist’s audience is consistently or mostly liberal, 24% Mixed and 18% consistently or mostly conservative. This indicates that the Economist is preferred by a more liberal audience.

They are popular on the left because they are widely considered one of the more sane and professional voices on the right

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Trump said yes first, then we'll see if Biden says yes to call his bluff, which will then lead us to see if Trump figures out a way to weasel out of it or if he sticks to his guns and we have an old man slap fight moderated by a Nazi apologist

Biden's counter should be having one hosted by rachel maddow in an empty studio.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »

Biden's counter should be having one hosted by rachel maddow in an empty studio.

Nah. That would just give it the attention and legitamacy that Rogan and Trump both crave. The proper response is "These things are scheduled many, many months in advance for good reasons, and I'm not going to drop everything to run to the beck and call of any random radio or TV host. There are far more pressing matters to address, and a time and place for multiple debates has already been arranged."

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    MSNBC

A domestic troll-farm using child labor to pump out misleading and false political messages against ⁦Joe Biden without legal disclaimers is being run by the non-profit ⁦TPUSA⁩ headed by community college dropout ⁦⁦Charlie Kirk.

Oh this is just darling.

They're paying teenagers to spread propaganda, with bonuses if any of their posts go viral.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    MSNBC

A domestic troll-farm using child labor to pump out misleading and false political messages against ⁦Joe Biden without legal disclaimers is being run by the non-profit ⁦TPUSA⁩ headed by community college dropout ⁦⁦Charlie Kirk.

Oh this is just darling.

They're paying teenagers to spread propaganda, with bonuses if any of their posts go viral.

I have now witnessed the most punchable face in existence.

I mean, obviously don't do that or anything but

Wow that's a punchable face.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    "Trump Youth" you say.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Wait that Joe Rogan debate thing was real? It wasn't just made up here as a hypothetical and got into an out of hand dumb argument?

I hate this timeline.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Writes for the Politico, because someone has to I guess.

WISCONSIN
    Biden 52
    Trump 46
    MINNESOTA
    Biden 57
    Trump 41
    Biden over 50 in Wisconsin is good. 52-46 is an exact replica of the 2012 numbers there.
    Biden up... 16 in Minnesota seems like an outlier.
    But ABC/Washington Post has an A rating on 538.

Absalon on
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I just cannot believe anyone on his campaign thought it would be a good idea for Trump to sit down and be allowed questions from people that were not 100% Grade F Idiot Cultists. I guess it's just an example of how deluded they are about what the general populace thinks of him and what their main concerns are.

But then again when McLaughlin is your internal pollster, shit like this is to be expected.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    I just cannot believe anyone on his campaign thought it would be a good idea for Trump to sit down and be allowed questions from people that were not 100% Grade F Idiot Cultists. I guess it's just an example of how deluded they are about what the general populace thinks of him and what their main concerns are.

But then again when McLaughlin is your internal pollster, shit like this is to be expected.

Yeah, as soon as I saw ads for that event I knew it was gonna be some kind of a shitshow, depending on how they defined "undecided."

I'm kinda pleased it was this kind of shitshow, though, and I eagerly await the upcoming ragetweet binge and subsequent explanation of how it's Lindsey Graham's fault.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

The only way conservative ideology can be maintained is in its special little hermetic bubble, away from inquiry and the scientific method. That’s why so many Republicans, including elected officials, watch nothing but Fox News.

Live in that bubble long enough, you forget the real world exists.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular

ABC probably just called his cell phone directly and he couldn't resist the catnip of being the center of attention and using his people skills to charm a bunch of voters on national television. This is the same moron who called Bob Woodward seven (I think it was) times after he had written a book about his presidency titled Fear.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
This discussion has been closed.