As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Election 2020] Joe Biden Wins

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Didn't the Trump campaign in Pa already admit their poll watchers weren't denied shit?

McEnany said today again that 600K in Philly/Pitt were counted without poll watchers. True or not, still the claim.

And Guy Whose Name I Don’t Care About was claiming that ballots without secrecy envelopes were being called in Philadelphia, to correct it, but not in other counties. And that this is “discouraged” by PA law (but he didn’t say it was explicitly illegal).

I mean, shouldn’t we want votes to count? Whatever.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Georgia's electoral votes went to Biden. We can win the Senate races there. It's just a question of how, and are we willing to do what it takes.

Honestly D+5 to R+10 and anything in between seems plausible to me in that race. No fucking clue which voting groups will turn out over a holiday season without Trump actually on the ballot when control of the Senate is up for grabs.

There's plenty of thins that are going to almost certainly have more of an effect on it than any planning we can do now. Whether or not the government is shut down (again), whether any kind of stimulus is passed in the lame duck, SCOTUS gutting one of the many, many things they're going to gut, etc etc etc.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    ****Edit fuck, double post. Phone was having problems. Since it's a new page I'll leave it I guess ***edit

I may have danced with my daughter 5 times with this and cried because Trump is gone. Feel like the lyrics have meaning. Or maybe I've been drunk for 5 days and just love my daughter.

https://youtu.be/cEiIN3e_QW0

RickRude on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Georgia's electoral votes went to Biden. We can win the Senate races there. It's just a question of how, and are we willing to do what it takes.

Honestly D+5 to R+10 and anything in between seems plausible to me in that race. No fucking clue which voting groups will turn out over a holiday season without Trump actually on the ballot when control of the Senate is up for grabs.

we just have to assume it's the most important election left to decide, will literally determine the future of our society, and we have to do everything in our power to support the candidates and get out the vote

My gut tells me the Dems lose at least one race because it seems like the Fates have decided that no climactic ideological showdowns are happening this cycle.

Prove me wrong, Georgia! Prove me wrong!

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Also we need a very clear decision and clarification at some point that White House officials cannot also be campaign advisors. Given that it makes it almost impossible to tell whether people like McEnany are speaking in their capacity as Press Secretary, or Campaign Advisor.

• Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    If the Trump campaign press conferences continue to be rife with mockery and shame for Trump and his allies, I am all for it.

The Four Seasons Total Landscaping episode has already given us such joy.

For example, a group of furries made a Virtual Reality simulation of the Four Seasons Total Landscaping press conference. It's a supremely 2020 thing, and I love it.
    As spotted by BuzzFeed, YouTuber coopertom recreated the infamous location in VRChat. Their take on Four Seasons Total Landscaping is kind of impressive. It includes detailed weathering on the facade, campaign signs attached to a garage door and that fire hose.

Somehow a bunch of virtual animal people running around the press conference makes it less unbelievable.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Buzzfeed person with direct video of them cutting off his press sec.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NineNine Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Hachface wrote: »

we just have to assume it's the most important election left to decide, will literally determine the future of our society, and we have to do everything in our power to support the candidates and get out the vote

My gut tells me the Dems lose at least one race because it seems like the Fates have decided that no climactic ideological showdowns are happening this cycle.

Warnock is the stronger candidate and is facing the weaker of the two Republicans. I'm cautiously optimistic about his chances.

I'm less optimistic about Ossoff. He underperformed compared to Biden.

Nine on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    When the network which has gone before a judge and said things like, "It is a news station's constitutional right to lie to its viewers," and, "no reasonable person would take anything we say seriously," calls you out on lying... You... You...

I don't even have a METAPHOR for this. I've fallen into a parallel universe where this is reality. It is Berenstein or Berenstain?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    When the network which has gone before a judge and said things like, "It is a news station's constitutional right to lie to its viewers," and, "no reasonable person would take anything we say seriously," calls you out on lying... You... You...

I don't even have a METAPHOR for this. I've fallen into a parallel universe where this is reality. It is Berenstein or Berenstain?

Bearsteen

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

Sad as it is, I think the highest likelihood of a Democratic victory is if Covid's spiking continues at its current rate in rural areas, because things are about to get bad.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Eh. I'm sure Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson and their other pundits will signal-boost it anyway. This is how Fox News can have their cake and eat it, too. Their "legit" news (ha) cuts away, while their blondes and red-faced non-news pundits scream about it throughout their segments.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Piotyr wrote: »
    Ashley Parker is a white house reporter for the Washington Post and MSNBC analyst:

When even Fox News is like "Ok guys, enough." it feels like the tides are turning some.

There's a house in my neighborhood very prominently located, and they've been flying various Trump flags on a tall flag pole over the past 4 years. I drove by today and the flag is gone. It's definitely possible it's just temporarily down because they've ordered a new one or something, but it's also possible they're moving on from Trump.

I know it's a single anecdotal data point, but it gives me hope that many of Trump's biggest fans have already moved on.

I was relieved to see my neighbor's flag down literally the morning after the election.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I hate, hate fox news. They used to have a newscaster who was 100% about the facts, Shepard smith, and breitbart (sp?) White guy, he had news cred as well along with,
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Ashley Parker is a white house reporter for the Washington Post and MSNBC analyst:

When even Fox News is like "Ok guys, enough." it feels like the tides are turning some.

There's a house in my neighborhood very prominently located, and they've been flying various Trump flags on a tall flag pole over the past 4 years. I drove by today and the flag is gone. It's definitely possible it's just temporarily down because they've ordered a new one or something, but it's also possible they're moving on from Trump.

I know it's a single anecdotal data point, but it gives me hope that many of Trump's biggest fans have already moved on.

I was relieved to see my neighbor's flag down literally the morning after the election.

Trying everything forum bug can't post sorry gonna edit if this works

• Options
    Christopher Wallas was the other guy that has actual news cred. My phone is fucked up or there's a forum bug, sorry for my posts

• Options
    I imagine Fox news wants to go back to covering how the Democrats are so terrible instead of carrying water for whatever dumbass thing Trump said today. Because he says something stupid everyday, and it's tiring.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Neil Cavuto can suck my ass. This is just more theater.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Nine wrote: »

Warnock is the stronger candidate and is facing the weaker of the two Republicans. I'm cautiously optimistic about his chances.

That means there were Biden/Perdue voters. Will those voters even show up for a special election? Turnout is usually much lower outside of November.

Also, Trump excited his base and turned them out. Will they bother with this without him?

Will Atlanta show up for this?

It's entirely unpredictable at this stage. Trump appears to be in the middle of setting his party on fire, and I don't mean with excitement.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    i donated to the Ossoff campaign seven hours ago

i have since received three emails asking me to donate to the Ossoff campaign

i swear to christ

ELECTION DRAGON WILL NOT BE SATED

gux13gq67kwx.jpeg
    Hevach wrote: »

Bearsteen

Bruce Berenstein

Oops on saved quote. Leaving it because Election Dragon.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Twice, within a span of 4-5 sentences, Neil slips in "if she brings proof of that, we'll retract us trying to appear fair for a change" which frankly is just an attempt to give credence to that perspective while appearing to do the opposite. They are giving airtime to the thought and giving it an air of potential plausibility while simultaneously claiming not to.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    NineNine Registered User regular
    Nine wrote: »

That means there were Biden/Perdue voters. Will those voters even show up for a special election? Turnout is usually much lower outside of November.

Also, Trump excited his base and turned them out. Will they bother with this without him?

Will Atlanta show up for this?

It's entirely unpredictable at this stage. Trump appears to be in the middle of setting his party on fire, and I don't mean with excitement.

Actually, looking at the numbers Trump and Perdue were nearly identical in the vote total. It looks more like there were a lot of Biden/Hazel (the Libertarian candidate) voters.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2020
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Keeping the base angry is whatever, they had Bronzer Bastard on the ballot and still got outvoted

The only real question in the GA runoff is: Can we turn out enough of our people

In Stacey Abrams we trust.

Man, I hope so. Biden took the state by a handful of votes, and he outperformed Dem senators pretty much across the board. In both senate races, the number of people voting for Pubs outstripped the number voting for Dems, and by 10 points in the case of the special election.

If the electorate in the runoff looks like the electorate in the general, the Dems lose, plain and simple.

We're not doomed or anything, but getting even one of these is a longshot.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Keeping the base angry is whatever, they had Bronzer Bastard on the ballot and still got outvoted

The only real question in the GA runoff is: Can we turn out enough of our people

Man, I hope so. Biden took the state by a handful of votes, and he outperformed Dem senators pretty much across the board. In both senate races, the number of people voting for Pubs outstripped the number voting for Dems, and by 10 points in the case of the special election.

If the electorate in the runoff looks like the electorate in the general, the Dems lose, plain and simple.

The wildcard being the SCOTUS hearing about the ACA this month. If they strike down the ACA and suddenly a WHOLE lot of people lose their insurance or see premiums skyrocket may be a hell of a get out the vote message.

• Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

Kelly Loeffler is a pathetic excuse for porcine excrement stuffed into a human-shaped sack who told constituents that COVID was no big deal while investing in work-from-home related tech companies. Said foul homonculus is also a senator for Georgia.

(But not for long.)

Monwyn on
    uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Nah Trump has gone so far beyond the palatable (and please don't come at me with all the deplorable shit they've already pulled/supported/condoned, everyone has a breaking point) that they just want to move on.

It's only those whose political staying power and/or protection from prosecution depend on Trump somehow winning this that cling on.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    kaid wrote: »

The wildcard being the SCOTUS hearing about the ACA this month. If they strike down the ACA and suddenly a WHOLE lot of people lose their insurance or see premiums skyrocket may be a hell of a get out the vote message.

hearing is not the decision

we'll just have a good idea what they're going to do but the actual effects will be at least half a year away

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Didn't the Trump campaign in Pa already admit their poll watchers weren't denied shit?

McEnany said today again that 600K in Philly/Pitt were counted without poll watchers. True or not, still the claim.

And Guy Whose Name I Don’t Care About was claiming that ballots without secrecy envelopes were being called in Philadelphia, to correct it, but not in other counties. And that this is “discouraged” by PA law (but he didn’t say it was explicitly illegal).

I mean, shouldn’t we want votes to count? Whatever.

Periodic reminder that the guy in charge of elections there is a Republican. Dude was nearly in tears on 60 Minutes about the death threats his people are getting.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    The opposite of "Will Trump's supporters turn out if he's not on the ballot" should also be considered. Are people gonna to turn out for the Democratic party now that there's not a big orange boogeyman to scare leftists and liberals and never-Trumpers alike?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    I had naively hoped the week after the election would be less stressful than the preceding.

If nothing else, I'll remember this year for the shift in election security - you don't need to hack the physical election - you just hack the people voting.

#tiredface.

• Options
    SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular
    I'm really concerned about the upcoming budget battles.

My wife is a federal employee and the primary breadwinner while I'm in school and we are absolutely not looking forward to multi-week shutdowns as McConnell ratfucks everything into oblivion simply because he can.

That being said, Stacey Abrams is the best one for the job of getting people out to vote for those seats.

Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    Monwyn wrote: »

Kelly Loeffler is a pathetic excuse for porcine excrement stuffed into a human-shaped sack who told constituents that COVID was no big deal while investing in work-from-home related tech companies. Said foul homonculus is also a senator for Georgia.

(But not for long.)

This is going to be such a shitshow oh my god

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

(But not for long.)

Pretty much confirms the "pretend the Presidential and only the Presidential for some reason was stolen to drive up turnout for the special" thing.

• Options
    wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular

(But not for long.)

I find this to be terrifying.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    The opposite of "Will Trump's supporters turn out if he's not on the ballot" should also be considered. Are people gonna to turn out for the Democratic party now that there's not a big orange boogeyman to scare leftists and liberals and never-Trumpers alike?

I think folks are banking of Abrams delivering votes. And ACA and the courts being huge drivers to get out and vote

Luckily we have solid issues to drive the polls beyond mean orange man

616610-1.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular

I think people really need to appreciate how much people voted against Trump but did NOT vote against the Republican party as a whole. This election was very good for McConnell and company, because it showed Trump dragged himself down but didn't take the rest of the party into oblivion with him.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Y'all remember when Trump tried to wrangle an entire department into lying about where a hurricane was going to land because he named the wrong state off the cuff? Just feels like the weirdest forgotten scandal

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

I think people really need to appreciate how much people voted against Trump but did NOT vote against the Republican party as a whole. This election was very good for McConnell and company, because it showed Trump dragged himself down but didn't take the rest of the party into oblivion with him.

it will be interesting to see how many pro-Trump voters don't come back out for the party without Trump

they may have done better than he did in the election, but votes for him were included in their totals

• Options
    edited November 2020

Tweet from professor at MIT.

Looks like even if the SC decided to say to exclude ballots which arrived after election day, PA stays the same.

e: Wait, that tweet isn't even correct.

Looks like there were a number of ballots that arrived on the 3rd but weren't logged until the 4th, so they're not allocated appropriately. PA SoS said the number of ballots after 11/3 is fewer than 10k. So definitely makes no difference.

Jragghen on
  • Options

Tweet from professor at MIT.

Looks like even if the SC decided to say to exclude ballots which arrived after election day, PA stays the same.

technically, Biden's lead would increase haha

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular

Still up here. It frequently gets wrapped around itself and the cheap flagpole is starting to bend.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
This discussion has been closed.