As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Genshin Impact] Breath of the Gacha (1.2 out now!)

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Reigner wrote: »
    Im ready. 30 summons carryover from Albedo, 1100 Primogems, enough material to level her to 80 and get all Talent to lvl 7, a 4piece Cryo set with 120% CRIT DAM built in.

Now to hope I get her early enough to try for an Amos bow

Weapon banners are whale territory.

Its that or trying to C1 Ganyu or saving for...ummm...uhh….Id say Ayaka but I don't need 3 Cryo characters on a single team

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    My main team right now is Traveler (70), Xiangling (70), Fischl (70), Barbara (60). I use overload from the teddy bear and raven, barb gives me sustain, traveler is anemo to swirl the overload. Main white dps comes from Xianling and Fischl.

My secondary team is Diluc (70), Ninguang (60), Sucrose (60), and Kaeya (60). I don't love Kaeya and he was originally a stand-in for Diona but I never got lucky in my 60 pulls on that banner. Now Kaeya is a stand-in for Ganyu that I am guaranteed to pull in ~20 pulls today. Then I randomly got a Xingqiu from standard wishes yesterday. So my thought is to level up Ganyu and Xingqiu and pair them with Diluc and Ninguang. Would that be a good team?

My current roster is this:
    Traveler (70) - The Flute
    Diluc (70) [C0] - Snow-Tombed Starsilver
    Fishcl (70) [C3] - The Stringless
    Xiangling (70) [C2] - Crescent Pike
    Barbara (60) [C2] - TTODS
    Ninguang (60) [C2] - Eye of Perception (when I can I'm making the new catalyst from the frostbearing tree)
    Kaeya (50) [C0] - Festering Desire
    Beidou (50) [C3] - Sacrificial Greatsword
    Sucrose (50) [C0] - TTODS
    Noelle (40) [C0] - Whiteblind
    Amber (20) [C0] - Sacrificial Bow
    Lisa (20) [C0] - Sacrificial Fragments
    Xingqiu (0) [C0] - ???
    Ganyu (0) [C0] - ???

What would be the best two teams of four from these characters?

I think that first team is probably fine as-is, but I might swap Beidou for the Traveler in the long run for the extra lightning energy gain.

The second team seems like it wants to be a Diluc-melts-guys comp, to me, so maybe keep Kaeya in there and just swap Ganyu for Sucrose.

Alternately, Diluc / Xingqiu / Barbara / Ningguang seems like Team Vaporize, and that sounds pretty okay too. Does leave you wanting healing in the other comp, though.

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Well I put all my primos into the current banner but it left me at C5 Fischl. So now I'm stuck trying to decide if I want to get the C6 off the store. I know she is going to be on more banners, but C6 is such a huge upgrade and Fischl is probably my most invested character. Any reason I shouldn't pick up C6?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I've had no regrets grabbing her c6. I can't imagine what it would take to make a better electro support than that, and it means she has no downtime on going full gatling dps either.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Jeix wrote: »
    Well I put all my primos into the current banner but it left me at C5 Fischl. So now I'm stuck trying to decide if I want to get the C6 off the store. I know she is going to be on more banners, but C6 is such a huge upgrade and Fischl is probably my most invested character. Any reason I shouldn't pick up C6?

You should pick up C6 right away if you currently use her at all.

Like, yeah, you will probably pull her eventually and it will feel slightly annoying when it's a non constellation dupe, but C6 Fish is very stupid and it is a huge, immediate upgrade.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Just piling on here, but yes buy Fischl immediately!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Auralynx wrote: »
    My main team right now is Traveler (70), Xiangling (70), Fischl (70), Barbara (60). I use overload from the teddy bear and raven, barb gives me sustain, traveler is anemo to swirl the overload. Main white dps comes from Xianling and Fischl.

My secondary team is Diluc (70), Ninguang (60), Sucrose (60), and Kaeya (60). I don't love Kaeya and he was originally a stand-in for Diona but I never got lucky in my 60 pulls on that banner. Now Kaeya is a stand-in for Ganyu that I am guaranteed to pull in ~20 pulls today. Then I randomly got a Xingqiu from standard wishes yesterday. So my thought is to level up Ganyu and Xingqiu and pair them with Diluc and Ninguang. Would that be a good team?

Ninguang (60) [C2] - Eye of Perception (when I can I'm making the new catalyst from the frostbearing tree)
    Xingqiu (0) [C0] - ???
    Ganyu (0) [C0] - ???

I think that first team is probably fine as-is, but I might swap Beidou for the Traveler in the long run for the extra lightning energy gain.

The second team seems like it wants to be a Diluc-melts-guys comp, to me, so maybe keep Kaeya in there and just swap Ganyu for Sucrose.

Alternately, Diluc / Xingqiu / Barbara / Ningguang seems like Team Vaporize, and that sounds pretty okay too. Does leave you wanting healing in the other comp, though.

If it were me, I would probably trade out traveler for amber and then use Xiangling as primary dps with the double pyro buff. Xiangling with Fischl support will pretty much destroy everything until you get to late late abyss, especially with barbara keeping things constantly wet so using the last spot as a buff is probably going to be easier than using it as an active role. If you can do some rolls for Bennett, he would be ideal (or in the second group as well).

Second team would then be Diluc, Xingqiu, Kaeya, and Sucrose (switch Sucrose to Ganyu for double cryo buff when you get her). If you level up Xingqiu you can get decent healing out of the rain swords, and you should be able to get a bunch of freeze/melt/vaporize combos going with Diluc. Sucrose is mainly there for grouping things up and the EM buff to make your reactions ginormous. Maybe personal opinion, but I don't think Ning and Diluc go well on the same team since they both want lots of field uptime.

eMoander on
    Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I'm 75 deep into pity (got Albedo early but kept pulling for Benny dupes) with 25 pulls left, so I'll get Ganyu whenever she drops.

I planned on already having everything ready to max her + some good artifacts ready, but instead I kinda just... didn't play the game the past two weeks.

Whoops

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Finally defeated today's cursed co-op challenge (two Fatui Agents in 30 seconds) and earned my 50k mora. I'd have broken and found someone to do it with, except there's no matchmaking on it, so ????

• Options
    Kamar wrote: »
    Finally defeated today's cursed co-op challenge (two Fatui Agents in 30 seconds) and earned my 50k mora. I'd have broken and found someone to do it with, except there's no matchmaking on it, so ????

It's only Mora, no gems on this one?

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Kamar wrote: »

It's only Mora, no gems on this one?

It's the solo challenges at the Secret Treasures that give gems, the co-ops that pop at the end of some normal treasure areas just give like mora or xp books afaik.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I as going to ignore mine, but it was literally shoot 6 barrels and the fact that they think i need someone else to do that was insulting, to me.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    So far for the co-ops I think I've had shoot 6 barrels, which was tight but doable with my shoddy controller aim; Abyss Mages, which was trivial once I switched my party; and this Fatui Agents one, which nearly broke me.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »

Xingqiu (0) [C0] - ???
    Ganyu (0) [C0] - ???

If it were me, I would probably trade out traveler for amber and then use Xiangling as primary dps with the double pyro buff. Xiangling with Fischl support will pretty much destroy everything until you get to late late abyss, especially with barbara keeping things constantly wet so using the last spot as a buff is probably going to be easier than using it as an active role. If you can do some rolls for Bennett, he would be ideal (or in the second group as well).

Second team would then be Diluc, Xingqiu, Kaeya, and Sucrose (switch Sucrose to Ganyu for double cryo buff when you get her). If you level up Xingqiu you can get decent healing out of the rain swords, and you should be able to get a bunch of freeze/melt/vaporize combos going with Diluc. Sucrose is mainly there for grouping things up and the EM buff to make your reactions ginormous. Maybe personal opinion, but I don't think Ning and Diluc go well on the same team since they both want lots of field uptime.

I can't really give Nigguang advice as I don't have her, but that seems reasonable.

Having recently started beefing up Xingqiu, he doesn't really give that much healing that I've noticed. Could try using him as Team 1's healer, though, and let Barbara's aura work for Diluc? His ult gets pretty rude combo'd with Fischl arrow spam, and I see no reason it'd be bad on Xiangling either.

Seconding "get Bennett," though. He's game-warping good out of the box.

• Options
    I might mess with this Sucrose/Beidou/Fischl/Xinqui comp Jinx shows at the beginning of this video, where Sucrose is your carry but barely deals any damage herself.

https://youtu.be/9JGild6Epj0

Looks fun.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Bloom gets the damage passive from the Amos bow.
    It comes put 0.3 seconds after the first part charge attack and always gets +0.3 seconds of the bonus to the maximum of the 0.5 seconds bonus for the bow.

This is on top of the other flat damage passive and the bonus already sky high attack.

A support Q focused Ganyu probably has better options but for a main dps Ganyu Amos is gonna be clearly best in slot.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    It comes put 0.3 seconds after the first part charge attack and always gets +0.3 seconds of the bonus to the maximum of the 0.5 seconds bonus for the bow.

This is on top of the other flat damage passive and the bonus already sky high attack.

A support Q focused Ganyu probably has better options but for a main dps Ganyu Amos is gonna be clearly best in slot.

Sure, 5* weapons are almost always best in slot. But they're also whale territory unless you're very lucky. Compound Bow will be plenty fine for most people with Ganyu.

Edit: prototype crescent, per AshtonDragon

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

Sure, 5* weapons are almost always best in slot. But they're also whale territory unless you're very lucky. Compound Bow will be plenty fine for most people with Ganyu.

What I mean is that Amos does a lot more than even other 5* weapons for her from people's early testing. Because she actually gets the full passive buff. For almost every other bow user Skyward Harp is way better but it's different for Ganyu.
    (*Main dps role.)

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

I'm looking at using the Prototype Crescent if I get her, I think. I'd be pretty surprised if that doesn't work out as being her best 4* bow for dps. The Blackcliff Warbow is interesting too, but I think that might be overkill on crit damage.

It occurs to me though that I'm really not prepared for her at all. Not only are there the usual things for leveling a new character up, but I don't have that weapon leveled yet, and I also don't really have any decent artifacts for her. I've been trying to get a good cryo set for Kaeya recently and have been having terrible luck, and I don't have a decent Wanderer's Troupe set kicking around either.

• Options
    Of course I get a Jean instead of a Ganyu and of course I dont get another 5star in the 50pulls I had left

• Options
    Didn't have a ton saved. Keqing c1 broke the pity.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Well, I was planning on skipping Ganyu, I swear

And then Stilts got two in one pull and I'm like "Aw, I have enough that I can toss one ten pull at it, why not"

awzijzssysbc.jpg

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Welp I am now a C0 Mona owner.

• Options
    Well, I got Ganyu. And in doing so I also got C5 Xingqiu (from C2) and C6 Noelle (also from C2). Xingqiu's boosts will be good for a lot of my parties, but Noelle at C6 is basically a new character for me. Going to prioritize Ganyu, but I'm definitely going to revisit Noelle the next time I wonder about what to use resin on.

• Options
    Also, dunno if anyone realized, but Ganyu is secretly OP at bird hunting

She can take out groups of 2-3 of those herons in one shot

• Options
    Im not proud that I have a Ganyu now. But I do.

I have zero clue what Bow to use now :/ her attack is SO LOW

• Options
    So very jealous of all of you.

• Options
    Been looking at team comp options, and I think my Ganyu setup is going to be Team Bow

Ganyu, Diona, Tartaglia, Venti

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Been looking at team comp options, and I think my Ganyu setup is going to be Team Bow

Ganyu, Diona, Tartaglia, Venti

Hah, I respect that. I'm trying something similar, using Mona in the hydro slot. I think it's funny that Diona might be the best choice if you want cryo resonance.

• Options
    I think Qiqi is probably the ACTUAL best spot there for utility sake, but Diona is basically fine too

You could also run her in a Melt comp with Xiangling, but then the range becomes very fiddly

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm 63 pulls into her banner. I got the things I wanted most and got C6 Xiangling and C2 Xingqiu. I'm probably going to keep going over the course of her banner and see what happens when I hit pity. It's not guaranteed but maybe I'll get lucky.

• Options
    Incidentally, I was confident it was going to work this way, but I did some testing to confirm it: if a frostflake arrow hits a wet enemy and freezes them, the bloom is considered to be hitting a frozen enemy. I tested with no crit rate from gear on her at all (cryo set with no crit rate equipped), and was getting plenty of crits on the bloom in that scenario. Her crit rate against frozen enemies jumps to 60% thanks to cryo resonance and the 4pc cryo set. And of course, if I wasn't waiting for her buff to wear off, she gets an extra 20% crit as well from her first talent as well.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Welp I am now a C0 Mona owner.

Welcome to the truth and the light.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Qiqi is the best 5* imo. Just because of her field passive to highlight material locations.

I do have Klee, and it makes the various Monstadt items infinitely easier to harvest. So why could the pity whiff at least give me the useful one? :P.

So what's Keqing want for artifacts anyways?

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Team is Mona, Ganyu, Qiqi and Diluc. Mona/Ganyu shreds most not Abyss Mage enemies. Especially Mona under Ganyus Ult.

I wish Aiming didnt halfsuck on PS5

Edit: also really seems like freeze just barely doesnt last long enough to get a charge shot off to utilize the 4piece Cryo set crit buff.

Edit edit: Does anyone know the logic on the following sequence. Ganyu Ults, swaps out, Mona attacks and things start to freeze. Does Ganyus Ult get the 4piece crit% buff since Ganyu has that set equipped and its her ult? Or does it base those procs off of Mona being on the field?

Reigner on
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Did a ten pull to get either xingqui or noelle c1 and got ganyu and a flavonoid sword lol eff me oh well

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Got two Noelles and a Ningguang in my first round of pulls towards Ganyu. Game really wants me to run a geo comp huh. Four Noelles to go and I can justify using her as a carry sometimes, at least to myself.

Thought I was closer to event banner pity, but I checked and I'm only now at 60. I'd have pulled on that banner more instead of standard if I'd known, I wanted more Fischls. Oh well.

...on a different subject, I'm not sure how accurate the sim on the Genshin Resource 3.0 sheet is, but it says that just replacing my Geo Traveler with Ningguang in my second team would nearly double my team DPS. But it also says replacing my Beidou carry with a Keqing in my first team would be a dps loss, even if I don't assume perfect parries? I'm kind of suspicious of its ability to sim reactions well, or maybe I'm not setting up something right.

I should throw together that Sucrose team and see how it compares, because if I'm going to come around on using a catalyst carry, Sucrose's attacks feel a lot better to me. Also better aesthetics.

Kamar on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I GUESS I'LL FIND OUT HOW KEQING COMPARES

Probably not getting Ganyu but who caaaaaaaaaaares

vgqtojsxmdrt.png

Kamar on
  • Options
    I'm seeing math people saying ganyu will likely be top tier as carry and sub, not just pretty good. Assuming kbam I guess.