As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We've been playing [Animal Crossing] for how long now!?!

• Options
    amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    Oh no. πŸ˜‚ All that stuff is about to start again, @Enc. It would probably be more fun to play through it in normal time. XD

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Sometimes I feel like starting all over but I have too much cool stuff to do it.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    PirateQueenPirateQueen Registered User regular
    That sounds awesome @Enc
    I'm totally addicted to TT so fully support your new lifestyle : D
    Now I'm curious... what's your new island theme?

Agree 100% @Toxic- your island's too cool to restart! If you ever miss the early days with no civilisation, come visit ; )

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    That sounds awesome @Enc
    I'm totally addicted to TT so fully support your new lifestyle : D
    Now I'm curious... what's your new island theme?

Agree 100% @Toxic- your island's too cool to restart! If you ever miss the early days with no civilisation, come visit ; )

I'll definitely come visit. I might bring a island warming gift too. :)

• Options
    Yay! : D TYSM

Can open later today if you want?

I'll remove the outline of the maze so there's no spoilers : P

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Firehammer gates are open for the next hour.

Tiny Nooks Nip prices are at 549!!!

Shoe Skunk is here.

Big crown over at the Spikey Sisters.

Tell the Dodos XXXXX

Edit: Gates closed a few mins early so I could take care of something.

Ken O on
    http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Yay! : D TYSM

Can open later today if you want?

I'll remove the outline of the maze so there's no spoilers : P

That sounds good with me.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Thanks, all! My island theme is going to be based generally on the Zen theme, so lot of Japanese tropes. Making the museum into a kinda-sorta citadel. Going to turn one player house into a shrine, another into a hot springs resort. That sort of thing. I have a list of villagers with that traditional Japanese house design and I'm slowly replacing them over the course of the 2020 year via ignoring the folks who don't fit until they get fed up and leave, and then hoping for the best.

My hope is by time I catch up with present, which should be the first week of Feb or so at my current rate, I should have a decent amount of DIYs and money, but next to none of the fish/sea creatures/bugs so I still have lots to collect over 2021.

But, right now, my island is a totally barren, empty field with all the villager houses on the beach until I get things sorted out. Then it will eventually look like this:
    uguu08qrf8vk.png

• Options
    @Enc If you are looking for some Zen type items just say the word. I'll see what I have or can order for you.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Just a note on ignoring villagers: you need to talk to them at least once after they've moved in or the game will never pick them to leave.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Just a note on ignoring villagers: you need to talk to them at least once after they've moved in or the game will never pick them to leave.

Haha, I discovered this the hard way. :)

@Enc If you are looking for some Zen type items just say the word. I'll see what I have or can order for you.

I do have a shortlist of things I'm gonna need a lot of, if folks have extras laying around:

Desire:
    • Tall Lantern / recipe (gonna need a minimum of 2, but a preferred total of 8) Got the recipe today! :D
    • Pagoda / recipe (will need 2) Looks like this is gonna be a long time coming. :)

Recipes that would be just grand to have:
    • Cherry Blossom Branch / recipe
    • Blossom-viewing lantern / recipe
    • Zen cushion / recipe
    • Pine Bonsai Tree / recipe

Most of the rest I had from my previous file (I filled up Mrs. Enc's island with everything I had collected and the slowly ported it over after rebooting). Sadly, Gulliver hasn't been my friend with the Tall Lantern yet and while I have the stack of zen cushions, the original thing has never appeared for me ever.

The seasonal stuff I will likely get in time, so I'm less concerned about the RNG there.

Enc on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I can make a Tall Lantern and Blossom-viewing lantern, but I don't have any of the recipes you are looking for. @Enc

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: Β»

I do have a shortlist of things I'm gonna need a lot of, if folks have extras laying around:

Desire:
    • Tall Lantern / recipe (gonna need a minimum of 2, but a preferred total of 8)
    • Pagoda / recipe (will need 2)

• Zen cushion / recipe

Most of the rest I had from my previous file (I filled up Mrs. Enc's island with everything I had collected and the slowly ported it over after rebooting). Sadly, Gulliver hasn't been my friend with the Tall Lantern yet and while I have the stack of zen cushions, the original thing has never appeared for me ever.

The seasonal stuff I will likely get in time, so I'm less concerned about the RNG there.

The Pagoda is a special reward from Gulliver, so not orderable or craftable.

It could take... a while to get two of them. You’ll probably have to trade for them on Nookazon, so make sure you save other Gulliver things, genuine art, etc.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    akjak wrote: Β»
    Enc wrote: Β»

Desire:
    • Tall Lantern / recipe (gonna need a minimum of 2, but a preferred total of 8)
    • Pagoda / recipe (will need 2)

• Zen cushion / recipe

The Pagoda is a special reward from Gulliver, so not orderable or craftable.

It could take... a while to get two of them. You’ll probably have to trade for them on Nookazon, so make sure you save other Gulliver things, genuine art, etc.

Good to know! I'll check that out. Thanks!

• Options
    I can make a Tall Lantern and Blossom-viewing lantern, but I don't have any of the recipes you are looking for. @Enc

@Toxic Toys Hey, no need now. I just got the recipe for the Tall Lantern, lol!

Fate is mysterious.

• Options
    Open to friends ; )

Left blossom petals by the airport for anyone who needs & a pagoda for @Enc

Just got terraforming back so sorry for the chaos - this is the only civilised part of the island, the rest is a mess X )
    cmtjd8awipbg.jpeg

Shop if you like, but Nooks is still small and Timmy and Tommy are still... in loincloths...

• Options
    @PirateQueen
    Awesome, I'll be by shortly. Anything you need?

• Options
    Just you visiting is great and helps me with the "Host" achievement : )

• Options
    Communication errorrrrrrs whyyyy

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Oh no! Let me reopen...
    Edit: Should work now!

Love your in-game eyebrows @Enc - your avatar looks so cool!

PirateQueen on
  • Options
    Haha, thanks! Sorry for leaving quickly, my internet is the worst and I didn't want to risk it.

Your entrance is amazing! I love the Y fork with the waterfalls. :D

• Options
    TYSM : )
    Looking forward to visiting your Zen island @Enc , especially the shrine and hot springs!

• Options
    Closing due to wonky WiFi
    Thanks so much to everyone who visited : ))

Also tnx for the awesome island-warming gifts @Toxic Toys
    Gold wand - so fancy! And a toilet cleaning set - toilets on our island will finally all be clean! : D

• Options
    Have this golden wand, and this wand which is more valuable than gold!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機ηŸ₯γ«ε―Œγ‚“γ γ‚³γƒ‘γƒ³γƒˆγ―γ“γ“γ«γ‚γ‚ŠγΎγ™ Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    If you bought Turnips come on down to Parmesan to sell them for 568 and help pick up the mess of recipe laying about

I am only open via dodo code as I am not friends with people here
    Ksnnl
    Also I go to bed soon

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Wow, that's a huge price. Sad I don't have any right now.

Today I learned you can run, like sprint, by holding B. I've been playing since last March. FML

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    I only learned recently that you can hold the A Button while in the water to move forward with just kicking your feet. Though it's slower than stroking with your arms and fast sea creatures will still notice and flee from you.

• Options
    Took me really long to realise you can quickly cover holes by kicking dirt over them with Y

BUT it took Denniker even longer so I'm clearly "winning" in our marriage : P

• Options
    Turnips 602 on Candle Cove!

L5Q16

• Options
    akjak wrote: Β»
    Turnips 602 on Candle Cove!

L5Q16

Are you still open?

• Options
    It crashed, new code: 0C220

• Options
    Thanks, @akjak! I had just hit a Sunday around 5 and was on tuesday by time I saw this. I thought I'd make like 400k-600k this week on turnips by real-life sunday. Instead you got me 6 million!

• Options
    Mrs. Enc discovered you can apparently have 8 houses on an island from alt player accounts, which is wild to me. Why have that many and not, say, the ability to buy access to a second island. It makes no sense to me.

• Options
    I have 154 for a turnips price this morning if anyone needs to cash out for a small profit.

• Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    Does anyone need the Scenic Painting ? I've got it in Redd's and it's totally up for grabs to y'all Gimme a bit to set up a dodo code and stuff

• Options
    It's KSSN2!
    Come on in and get yourself some Art!

• Options
    ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    It's KSSN2!
    Come on in and get yourself some Art!

Ooh. Eating dinner now, but will stop by in a bit if the painting is still available!

Snagged it.

ShubNiggurath on
    High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
  • Options
    Thank god, my witch gets VERY hot when I have to just leave it open like that.

• Options
    : 0 you have a witch?

• Options
    Thank god, my witch gets VERY hot when I have to just leave it open like that.

It's like a rorschach test but for build-your-own innuendo.