As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Whether Forecast

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Whether Forecast

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Took me a while to figure out that Tycho-shirt-pattern-circle was one of those little phone holder dealies.

• Options
    PeriSoftPeriSoft Registered User regular
    Watchmen was enough for me to permanently not like anything Zack Snyder ever makes, for the rest of time. It was, literally, unforgivable.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    PeriSoft wrote: »
    Watchmen was enough for me to permanently not like anything Zack Snyder ever makes, for the rest of time. It was, literally, unforgivable.

He made Man of Steel, too, which actually annoyed me and I don't even LIKE American comics!

In general just keep the man away from anything related to comics, one feels.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    SirBillSirBill Denver, CORegistered User regular
    Best Title Evar

• Options
    edited February 2021

It got a 65% critics/71% audience score on RT. I liked-but-didn't-love it. And I'd read the comic first. Though I read it as an adult, far after it was groundbreaking, which often takes a bit of oomph out of seminal works.

That's not to claim you're wrong in not liking it. It wasn't 100%/100%, after all. And I've been in the same boat for different movies. But if I were going to unforgive Snyder, it would much more likely be for Batman v Superman. Or possibly Fountainhead, which he hasn't actually made yet but I'm pretty sure it's unforgiveable to validate Ayn Rand in any way. Maybe he'll change my mind and Starship Troopers-fy it. Or maybe like Battlefield Earth, he'll try in earnest to make a good movie about it but it will be so terrible that it will give us some good punch lines at Rand's expense.

dennis on
  • Options
    KagatoACKagatoAC Registered User regular
    I may need this app that lets you know what is ok to like, For Science.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    KagatoAC wrote: »
    I may need this app that lets you know what is ok to like, For Science.

Twitter.com

Get it before it goes premium.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The first ~20 minutes of Man of Steel was great. The stuff on Krypton where they establish Jor El and Zod and all that. I legitimately love Zack Snyder's rendition of Krypton. Then the rest of the movie was utter trash and completely invalidated how great the first 20 minutes were. Man of Steel is absolute rubbish.

And then he topped that with Batman v Superman, one of the worst AAA films I've ever seen in my life.

Justice League: Dawn of Justice was also a rubbish movie. I realize Joss Whedon did a ton of reshoots, rewrites, and changed a bunch of stuff, but I 100% guarantee that the original cut won't be any better. It will be different. But it won't be better.

Zack Snyder sucks.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular

I quite liked the theme song for it, to be fair.

• Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    Hating a series or director or whatever for the sake of hating, thats kinda what i'm seeing in so many posts here. Sometimes super hero movies are campy. If we're irreverent to everything forever, then we'll never have another classic age.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    palidine40 wrote: »
    Hating a series or director or whatever for the sake of hating, thats kinda what i'm seeing in so many posts here. Sometimes super hero movies are campy. If we're irreverent to everything forever, then we'll never have another classic age.

Yeah, reason Batman v Superman stunk it up was all the "campiness" and "irreverence."

Or is it the lack of campiness and reverence? Honestly, I can't tell what your argument is supposed to be.

dennis on
  • Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    A zombie movie that is also a heist movie sounds like something that will be absolutely dreadful but still, somehow, be better than Sucker Punch.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Yeah the Snyder movies are the opposite of camp.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I saw Sucker Punch at a second run theater for a buck fifty

I asked for my money back and they gave it to me

I do not like the films Zack Snyder makes

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    palidine40 wrote: »

I'm curious whether you can point out to me who is doing that vs who genuinely didn't like the work and have legitimate criticism. Is there something I'm missing that makes it obvious to you and not to me?

Bropocalypse on
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Snyder to me is just like Shymalan except that I can't figure out what his Sixth Sense is.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Snyder to me is just like Shymalan except that I can't figure out what his Sixth Sense is.

300 or Watchmen.

Or if you mean his sixth sense, it's finding people to give him money for his wild indulgences.

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    I'm making a tournament bracket of 64 directors and having me Facebook friends vote on each "fight," and Snyder is on there (probably facing Michael Bay in the first round). Whoever wins, I'll watch their complete works. The existence of the Snyder Cut fills me with dread.

• Options
    lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    The app is clearly Twitter. Unfortunately a lot of people use Twitter to determine what they think, much like Sheldon used a D20 to make all of his decisions on that one episode of Big Bang Theory.

lionheartssj on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I liked Watchmen, but I had never read or even hear of the comic before then.